Author Topic: This Would Be Better Design  (Read 110492 times)

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
Re: This Would Be Better Design
« Reply #200 on: April 24, 2010, 02:02:00 pm »
Would love something similar to this...

Believe it or not, seated, that stand only holds 12,000

4,000 less than our proposed new kop but looks just as intimidating!

Makes you wonder if we actually need a kop as big as planned?
12,000 for international games when the seats are put in but 25,000 for league games when it's standing:

The Stadium now hosts up to 80,708 fans (standing and seated) for league matches, and 67,000 seated spectators for international games. For these, the characteristic Southern grandstand is re-equipped with seats to conform with FIFA regulations.

The unique "Südtribüne" (Southern Stand), with 24,454 enthusiastic standing fans who fill the largest still existing terrace of Europe, makes this stadium one of the most fascinating football-stadiums in the world. It can be converted from standing places (for league games) and seats (for international matches) within two days.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: April 24, 2010, 06:42:28 pm »
That's before it was redeveloped isn't it?

i think thats after the last re-development where they put the corners in. that was in preparation for the 2006 World Cup.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #202 on: April 24, 2010, 09:12:45 pm »
i think thats after the last re-development where they put the corners in. that was in preparation for the 2006 World Cup.
Correct! Makes you wonder why we need a bigger kop dosent it?

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: May 24, 2010, 11:27:13 am »
Why couldnt this design been adjusted to fit a KOP?

It was if I'm not mistaken.

Militant Internet Terrorist.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #204 on: May 24, 2010, 11:52:47 pm »
that was a completley re-design though

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #205 on: May 25, 2010, 01:06:56 pm »
Yup two totally different designs those.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #206 on: May 25, 2010, 01:35:14 pm »
Yup two totally different designs those.

It was. That was the competition scheme that AFL did when HKS did their revised (lower cost) scheme.  I was told by someone who was at the presentations that Gillett preferred the AFL scheme (possibly because it was cheaper) but was overruled by Hicks who wanted the HKS scheme.   
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: May 26, 2010, 11:27:49 am »
thats the first time i've seen those redesigned AFL photos. I like the look of that. We would have the kop we all want and the use of the glass roof would let in more light which should benefit the growth of the pitch.

does anyone know what the proposed capacity was for that AFL redesign?

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: May 26, 2010, 02:18:07 pm »
that was a completley re-design though
No it was AFL's revised stadium plan.
EDIT: Bugger. Alan beat me to it.
Militant Internet Terrorist.

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #209 on: July 6, 2010, 12:00:37 am »

Personally, I have always liked the plans for a full upgrade of St James Park ...

The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #210 on: July 6, 2010, 07:56:14 am »
as big as it is, i hated that idea!

What gets me is they should of got the best in the world to design our stadium and they never

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #211 on: July 6, 2010, 02:33:41 pm »
as big as it is, i hated that idea!

It is not only about it's size (projected 80,000 seats) ...

Something like that would be the perfect football stadium ...

royhendo

« Reply #212 on: July 6, 2010, 06:52:44 pm »
^^ can see it from my bedroom window.

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • STILL walk a million miles for one of your smiles!
« Reply #213 on: October 19, 2010, 12:59:54 pm »
Boocoo dinky dau

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #214 on: October 19, 2010, 01:45:59 pm »
http://www.thisblogrules.com/2009/12/12-worlds-weirdest-stadiums.html

A few - not so serious - ideas in here.

Fascinating those stadiums .

That one in the Ukraine though - what's that all about ?
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #215 on: October 23, 2010, 09:56:37 am »

Offline fisher_lad

• Main Stander
  • Has a Liverbird upon his chest!
« Reply #216 on: October 23, 2010, 03:26:33 pm »
It was if I'm not mistaken.

For me that doesn't represent what a Spion Kop should look like. A kop shouldnt flow like that and tie in with the rest of the stadium. Defiantly needs to be a structure that sits alone from the rest of the ground.
YNWA

Offline TMOI

• Anny Roader
« Reply #217 on: October 23, 2010, 03:38:20 pm »
For me that doesn't represent what a Spion Kop should look like. A kop shouldnt flow like that and tie in with the rest of the stadium. Defiantly needs to be a structure that sits alone from the rest of the ground.

Good point. I think the Kop should look 'special' (but still have the corners filled in). I like Westfalen too but I'm still a little bit disappointed that all the stands are the same height there.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #218 on: October 24, 2010, 08:17:58 am »
Good point. I think the Kop should look 'special' (but still have the corners filled in). I like Westfalen too but I'm still a little bit disappointed that all the stands are the same height there.

What difference does it make?

Offline TMOI

• Anny Roader
« Reply #219 on: October 24, 2010, 09:46:32 am »
What difference does it make?

The Kop has been an 'initimidating monster' of a place for opposing teams and this is as it should be. Westfalen is intimidating (despite having the requisite distance around the pitch) but because all the stands have a similar height the Südtribüne is, to a degree, just the 'South' stand ie. 'one of' instead of 'the'. No one would ever call The Kop simply 'kop', ignoring its history - it's not 'a' hill, it's THE Kop commemorating the Spion Kop and it should have a distinctive appearance. It's a subtle but important difference.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 09:51:03 am by TMOI »

Offline crazeehorse

• Main Stander
  • tlw spend way to much time talking about rawkites.
« Reply #220 on: October 24, 2010, 10:48:15 am »
imo the one thing [only thing] TOM and GEORGE did get right was the new stadium design

i hope the new investors go with this same stadium.   

I think that is the most awful stand in an awful design. Just ugly, unbalanced, looks like a airport hanger.

Dont let the gimps leave their awful legacy in concrete.Either a new stadium design or redevelope anfield, but not this thing..please.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #221 on: October 24, 2010, 10:29:47 pm »
The Kop has been an 'initimidating monster' of a place for opposing teams and this is as it should be. Westfalen is intimidating (despite having the requisite distance around the pitch) but because all the stands have a similar height the Südtribüne is, to a degree, just the 'South' stand ie. 'one of' instead of 'the'. No one would ever call The Kop simply 'kop', ignoring its history - it's not 'a' hill, it's THE Kop commemorating the Spion Kop and it should have a distinctive appearance. It's a subtle but important difference.

I can kinda see where your coming from, So are you saying for all the stands should be smaller or bigger?

Offline TMOI

• Anny Roader
« Reply #222 on: October 25, 2010, 12:54:55 am »
I can kinda see where your coming from, So are you saying for all the stands should be smaller or bigger?

I am saying that Westfalen is good - really good, because it is intimidating. But the Kop should be great - a distinctive design, not just another stand. Not just more of the same.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #223 on: October 25, 2010, 04:10:19 am »
But it isn't more of the same

Offline TMOI

• Anny Roader
« Reply #224 on: October 25, 2010, 10:28:43 am »
But it isn't more of the same

It's good but it could be better

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: October 25, 2010, 11:58:27 am »
It's good but it could be better

Thank you Roy Walker
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #226 on: October 25, 2010, 12:13:08 pm »
That's before it was redeveloped isn't it?

If thats the stadium of Alemmania Aachen, then its definitely the new stadium. The old stadium, the Tivoli, is adjacent to the new stadium and is a whole lot smaller. The new stadium is huge, compared to the old one.

However I wouldnt want a design similar to that despite the seating capacity being close to 65,000 (i think). Anfield has to be intimidating. Something that will be missing if the stadium is designed as above.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: October 25, 2010, 12:24:55 pm »
If thats the stadium of Alemmania Aachen, then its definitely the new stadium. The old stadium, the Tivoli, is adjacent to the new stadium and is a whole lot smaller. The new stadium is huge, compared to the old one.

However I wouldnt want a design similar to that despite the seating capacity being close to 65,000 (i think). Anfield has to be intimidating. Something that will be missing if the stadium is designed as above.

It's the Westfalenstadion, Borussia Dortmund's ground.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #228 on: October 25, 2010, 04:23:10 pm »
It's the Westfalenstadion, Borussia Dortmund's ground.

Ta.  :wave

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #229 on: October 25, 2010, 08:04:23 pm »
It holds 67,000 seated, Even before the last re-development it still could hold 52,000 they increased it for the World Cup

Offline F412OUK

• All hail the new Baldrick!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #230 on: October 26, 2010, 02:45:51 pm »
It is not only about it's size (projected 80,000 seats) ...

Something like that would be the perfect football stadium ...

This is what I was talking about in terms of having a Kop that is really steep like that Newscastle stand, I feel it looks awesome and really intimidating, if I was on that pitch I would feel the fans right on top of me about to jump on me any minute. Especially with our fans, just imagine a stadium like that completely steep and full on a European night, with scarves and flags waving with an atmosphere to match that of Champs League semi against Chelsea, that would be boss. I always felt that Newcastle stand looks boss, if the whole stadium was complete and all four stands were the same like shown in the plans above somewhere, it would by my favourite stadium after Anfield ofcourse. I hope the new owners come down to the away game at St James be impressed by that.
The general who became a slave. The slave who became a gladiator. The gladiator who defied an emperor = Rafael Benitez!

There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time - Malcolm X

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #231 on: October 26, 2010, 03:31:04 pm »
I dont think it would quite work, How many tiers are there in that stand, 4 or 2 its hard to tell whats a break and whats a seperate tier

Offline F412OUK

• All hail the new Baldrick!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #232 on: October 26, 2010, 04:05:50 pm »
I dont think it would quite work, How many tiers are there in that stand, 4 or 2 its hard to tell whats a break and whats a seperate tier

Personally dont think it would be that big a problem, we only need 1 single tier steep stand for the Kop, as for the rest of the stands they can have 2 or 3 tiers on steep stands, don't see a problem.
The general who became a slave. The slave who became a gladiator. The gladiator who defied an emperor = Rafael Benitez!

There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time - Malcolm X

Offline red_til_i_die

• Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina walks on water
« Reply #233 on: October 27, 2010, 09:46:57 am »
If Anfield can't be redeveloped  to make it 60k then i'm stuck between having something with the Wow aspect of the Allianz Area, or the Arizona Cardinal's stadium on the outside but to be like the Millenium stadium on the inside but one end just be a solid wall of seats with no tiers at one end.

Or having a stadium with the traditional brick on the outside like Anfield has now. A design to make it look like Anfield on the outside would be the best idea i suppose but just make the stands bigger.
Slappa da Bass mon! Slappa deee Bassssss!!!!!
Love you Bro-Montana

Offline TMOI

• Anny Roader
« Reply #234 on: October 27, 2010, 10:06:22 am »
If Anfield can't be redeveloped  to make it 60k then i'm stuck between having something with the Wow aspect of the Allianz Area, or the Arizona Cardinal's stadium on the outside but to be like the Millenium stadium on the inside but one end just be a solid wall of seats with no tiers at one end.

Or having a stadium with the traditional brick on the outside like Anfield has now. A design to make it look like Anfield on the outside would be the best idea i suppose but just make the stands bigger.

If Anfield can't be redeveloped, you're going to be stuck with either nothing or a big fat debt to pay (to build a new stadium)- again.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #235 on: October 27, 2010, 12:05:43 pm »
If Anfield can't be redeveloped, you're going to be stuck with either nothing or a big fat debt to pay (to build a new stadium)- again.
................or a stadium which enables us to compete and prosper at the Euro top table in the first half of the 21st century if it can be funded without further damaging the team.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline TMOI

• Anny Roader
« Reply #236 on: October 27, 2010, 12:20:24 pm »
................or a stadium which enables us to compete and prosper at the Euro top table in the first half of the 21st century if it can be funded without further damaging the team.

If you think we're going to compete by going BACK to having massive debt (that we've just got rid of), then you've got stars in your eyes (or a spangly shiny stadium).

Offline red_til_i_die

• Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina walks on water
« Reply #237 on: October 27, 2010, 01:27:55 pm »
If you think we're going to compete by going BACK to having massive debt (that we've just got rid of), then you've got stars in your eyes (or a spangly shiny stadium).

Arsenal have shown its do able but we'd need sponsorship to do it without it crippling the club. All depends how deep NESV's pockets are but none of us really know
Slappa da Bass mon! Slappa deee Bassssss!!!!!
Love you Bro-Montana

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #238 on: October 27, 2010, 02:57:39 pm »

the Arizona Cardinal's Stadium is AWESOME - I like the inside too, replace the RED ZONE with a Kop..... DONE.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 02:59:40 pm by PhilV »

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #239 on: October 27, 2010, 07:43:00 pm »
the Arizona Cardinal's Stadium is AWESOME - I like the inside too, replace the RED ZONE with a Kop..... DONE.

Same thread, couple of pages ago ...