Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 1051044 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #1680 on: February 5, 2020, 03:02:47 am »
I'm happy with the decision to field the kids and for Klopp to stay away.

I do however feel sorry for Shrewsbury as between the combination of TV money and gate receipt being lower this could have made a big difference to them.

I think this is actually an opportunity for Liverpool to completely turn the agenda and media/public opinion around by saying:

1) We were doing this out of principle to protect the players (as they have done).
2) We recognise the impact this has on the Shrews.
3) We'd like to arrange a friendly game where they get the gate in July.

All the players from the Euros would be missing, its an easy journey (ironically for the kids again) but I think it could be a real PR coup.

I don't really think we need do anything for Shrewsbury.

It's difficult to feel sorry for them. Their average gate this season in 6,409. The could have drawn the likes of Northampton, Brentford, Barnsley, Oxford, Hull, Millwall or Tranmere, but no, they drew the European and World Champions. They pulled in a capacity crowd of over 9,500 and didn't care that Salah and Co were not playing because they wanted to knock the current best club in the world out of the cup. They had their big chance to make their own history on their own patch in front of their own fans, and to also earn themselves what turned out to be a big payday away to Chelsea in the next round. They blew it, and only scraped a replay due to poor refereeing that gave a penalty for a foul outside the box.

The FA completely messed up so the replay came smack bang in the winter break. Having said that, even if it hadn't, ticket prices would have been slashed anyway. I mean hard pressed fans aren't going to fork out for an FA Cup replay against L1 opposition if the prices are similar to Premier League prices. As it turned out, the price structure guaranteed a virtual full house of 52,399. Not bad for a side that only got a reply in the first place due to a major mistake by the officials.

Anyway, they bring their team of seasoned pro's to Anfield, knowing full well they are playing against kids with an average age of less than 20. They know full well they have a bumper payday at Chelsea if they win. They had more fans in the away end than bother to turn up at their home matches yet, they blew it.

What more do they want?

I do understand that the smaller clubs need to make hay whilst the sun shines. I do fully understand that every quid counts, so with that in mind I think any above and beyond gesture towards Shrewsbury would be gratefully accepted and appreciated if it were to happen, but the fact remains, we owe them nothing.

Also, I don't for a minute think any such gesture would turn media/public opinion. The ones pushing the 'big bad wolf' narrative want to see bad in everything we do or don't do. All they would do in the face of any gesture from Liverpool is make out the club were somehow shamed into it and somehow feel guilt over something they have no guilt over.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2020, 03:05:11 am by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #1681 on: February 5, 2020, 03:07:22 am »
I'm happy with the decision to field the kids and for Klopp to stay away.

I do however feel sorry for Shrewsbury as between the combination of TV money and gate receipt being lower this could have made a big difference to them.

I think this is actually an opportunity for Liverpool to completely turn the agenda and media/public opinion around by saying:

1) We were doing this out of principle to protect the players (as they have done).
2) We recognise the impact this has on the Shrews.
3) We'd like to arrange a friendly game where they get the gate in July.

All the players from the Euros would be missing, its an easy journey (ironically for the kids again) but I think it could be a real PR coup.
I understand why you are suggesting this, but there are a few thoughts I have that make me think differently about this.

1. If we gave them some sort of charity, that would give them a huge advantage over their rivals.  How would that help our PR?
2. The price of the tickets and the appeal to TV broadcasters was based on the profile of the fixture.  Shrewsbury themselves don't have enough appeal to generate that draw, that's not in our control.  I'd argue the chance of an upset (Shrewsbury beating Liverpool at Anfield) was increased by the team selection and increased the liklihood of the game being attractive to TV audiences.
3. If Shrewsbury were good enough to beat our under 23 team, they'd have a match away at Chelsea next up.  They had a chance for another big pay day just didn't take it.  That's sport.
4. They weren't complaining that we played a hugely weakened team in the first match which then gave them a chance to earn a replay at Anfield and a financial boost.

We've heard so much about the magic of the FA Cup, but sadly Shrewsbury's conduct has taken away from what could have been really positive headlines for them.  They've made it clear, they just wanted the cash and are acting completely entitled.  So much for FA Cup magic.

We owe them nothing.

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #1682 on: February 5, 2020, 03:11:29 am »
I don't really think we need do anything for Shrewsbury.

It's difficult to feel sorry for them. Their average gate this season in 6,409. The could have drawn the likes of Northampton, Brentford, Barnsley, Oxford, Hull, Millwall or Tranmere, but no, they drew the European and World Champions. They pulled in a capacity crowd of over 9,500 and didn't care that Salah and Co were not playing because they wanted to knock the current best club in the world out of the cup. They had their big chance to make their own history on their own patch in front of their own fans, and to also earn themselves what turned out to be a big payday away to Chelsea in the next round. They blew it, and only scraped a replay due to poor refereeing that gave a penalty for a foul outside the box.

The FA completely messed up so the replay came smack bang in the winter break. Having said that, even if it hadn't, ticket prices would have been slashed anyway. I mean hard pressed fans aren't going to fork out for an FA Cup replay against L1 opposition if the prices are similar to Premier League prices. As it turned out, the price structure guaranteed a virtual full house of 52,399. Not bad for a side that only got a reply in the first place due to a major mistake by the officials.

Anyway, they bring their team of seasoned pro's to Anfield, knowing full well they are playing against kids with an average age of less than 20. They know full well they have a bumper payday at Chelsea if they win. They had more fans in the away end than bother to turn up at their home matches yet, they blew it.

What more do they want?

I do understand that the smaller clubs need to make hay whilst the sun shines. I do fully understand that every quid counts, so with that in mind I think any above and beyond gesture towards Shrewsbury would be gratefully accepted and appreciated if it were to happen, but the fact remains, we owe them nothing.

Also, I don't for a minute think any such gesture would turn media/public opinion. The ones pushing the 'big bad wolf' narrative want to see bad in everything we do or don't do. All they would do in the face of any gesture from Liverpool is make out the club were somehow shamed into it and somehow feel guilt over something they have no guilt over.
I didn't read this until after I posted my own reply.  Spot on, and put much better than my attempt at 3am.  ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1683 on: February 5, 2020, 03:18:21 am »
I didn't read this until after I posted my own reply.  Spot on, and put much better than my attempt at 3am.  ;D

We must have been typing at pretty much the same time.   :)

I wish I'd have seen your's first. It would have saved me writing mine.  ;D  Looks like we both had the same thoughts.

Funny how they all go on about the ''magic of the cup' when the reality seems to be that it's just all about the ...

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #1684 on: February 5, 2020, 06:46:55 am »
Why are people suggesting we owe Shrewsbury?

They`ve just made a nice few quid from two ties against us but people feel we owe them more?

I also take it they were paid for being shown on the BBC? Would they have been paid for being shown on the BBC if they were drawn against a lesser team than us?

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1685 on: February 5, 2020, 10:14:21 am »
Why are people suggesting we owe Shrewsbury?

They`ve just made a nice few quid from two ties against us but people feel we owe them more?

I also take it they were paid for being shown on the BBC? Would they have been paid for being shown on the BBC if they were drawn against a lesser team than us?
Totally agree with this, Prof and Sos.

Not criticising anyone in particular here, but it's a recurring theme on here that whenever there's some kind of media frenzy about us, some of our own seem overly keen to ignore the club's line and adopt the populist media stance.

Now I understand that the poster that said we should do something for Shrewsbury was talking in terms of getting some positive PR by generating money for them, but it's totally unnecessary.

They did well out of the first game - no complaints about a weakened team then by the way - a sell out and TV.
If we go full strength, there is no replay ( we may not be on 73 points either, but that's a different story).
What they did earn should be seen as a bonus, and while we reduced prices, the starting point was domestic cup league one prices, not full premier league.
If anyone needs to justify their stance, it's the FA for not televising the game.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #1686 on: February 5, 2020, 02:18:00 pm »
The FA must be kicking themselves today. Klopp has played a blinder there.

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #1687 on: February 5, 2020, 02:26:55 pm »
Maybe not for this forum but what did the FA actually make any direct comments on this replay and it being televised or just worked behind the scenes out of spite.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #1688 on: February 5, 2020, 02:31:53 pm »
It's ok, Shrewsbury wouldn't have felt sorry for beating a bunch of U23 players either.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1689 on: February 5, 2020, 02:51:54 pm »
The FA must be kicking themselves today. Klopp has played a blinder there.

He has put his message through, AND we qualified for the next round. Wow!

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1690 on: February 7, 2020, 09:40:23 am »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1691 on: February 7, 2020, 12:29:10 pm »
Won his 5th MOTM award for Jan. That's 5 so far this season, only missed out on it for October.

Online TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1692 on: February 7, 2020, 12:37:02 pm »
Won his 5th MOTM award for Jan. That's 5 so far this season, only missed out on it for October.
Any idea what the most a manager has won in one season?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1693 on: February 7, 2020, 12:38:04 pm »

Klopp - 5 - 2019/20  ;D

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1694 on: February 7, 2020, 12:39:42 pm »

I read it was four so (if true) this is a record.

It's ridiculous and to be fair hilarious, that Klopp has won it more this season than Mourinho has in his career
« Last Edit: February 7, 2020, 12:41:18 pm by Uncle Ronnie »

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1695 on: February 7, 2020, 01:05:09 pm »

It's as if Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley had a cool German baby together...
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1696 on: February 7, 2020, 01:20:12 pm »
Klopp - 5 - 2019/20  ;D
haha fuckin ell, our very own German maestro

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #1697 on: February 7, 2020, 01:47:50 pm »
Won't be long until he picks up six either I would imagine.

We are truly blessed to have this man at the helm.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #1698 on: February 7, 2020, 01:59:34 pm »
Won't be long until he picks up six either I would imagine.

We are truly blessed to have this man at the helm.

He'll be unbearable.  ;D
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1699 on: February 7, 2020, 02:14:10 pm »
Which manager got the other one? He should've gotten 6 already
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1700 on: February 7, 2020, 02:35:18 pm »

Wilder?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1701 on: February 7, 2020, 02:35:57 pm »
Does he still get a gallon of Bell's?

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1702 on: February 7, 2020, 02:39:55 pm »

Aye seen that one with bob and abar 20 gallon bottle of bells :D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1703 on: February 7, 2020, 02:40:06 pm »

Wilder?

Aargh! Which fucking manger got the twatting other one? He fucking should've got fucking wanking 6 already! Grrrr! Yowl!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1704 on: February 7, 2020, 02:42:30 pm »
Dunno, but Ancelotti has a bunch of bells every week
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1705 on: February 7, 2020, 02:42:51 pm »
Lampard won it in October. Think Chelsea won all their games while we had our one draw
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1706 on: February 7, 2020, 02:56:32 pm »
Lampard won it in October. Think Chelsea won all their games while we had our one draw

Yeah they beat Southampton 1-4, Newcastle 1-0 and Burnley 2-4.

We beat Leicester 2-1, drew 1-1 with United and beat Spurs 2-1.

We had the much harder games like.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1707 on: February 7, 2020, 03:07:22 pm »
Aye seen that one with bob and abar 20 gallon bottle of bells :D
He used to give them to the pensioners if I remember. Good days.
Dunno, but Ancelotti has a bunch of bells every week
You're not wrong there  ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1708 on: February 7, 2020, 03:23:11 pm »
Aargh! Which fucking manger got the twatting other one? He fucking should've got fucking wanking 6 already! Grrrr! Yowl!

I got this one... :D

Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1709 on: February 7, 2020, 04:45:34 pm »
One thing I’ve noticed from watching the inside Anfield videos is that pre match Klopp always does the pre match briefing with the referee himself whereas opposing managers always send any Tom dick or Harry in. Wonder if there is anything in this.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1710 on: February 7, 2020, 10:42:57 pm »

The Gallon d'Bells. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
« Reply #1711 on: February 7, 2020, 10:50:51 pm »
One thing I’ve noticed from watching the inside Anfield videos is that pre match Klopp always does the pre match briefing with the referee himself whereas opposing managers always send any Tom dick or Harry in. Wonder if there is anything in this.

Best time to make a VAR solidarity payment:)
Klopp that!

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
« Reply #1712 on: February 7, 2020, 10:52:19 pm »
Klopp is that much of a genius that he has turned Pep & the bitter sky blue gobshites into doubters!

Klopp that!

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1713 on: February 7, 2020, 11:42:14 pm »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1714 on: February 7, 2020, 11:46:55 pm »
Quick quiz...

Klopp has won MOTM a total of 8 times now.

3 managers have won it more, name them....

10 times:
15 times:
27 times:

Bonus points for naming the 2 managers on 8 times too.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #1715 on: February 8, 2020, 12:34:46 am »
There's no chance the top two aren't Ferguson and Wenger.

I'll take a shot at the biggest winner in the history of winning being the 3rd one, namely one David Moyes.

The other two with 8 are probably brits who has managed for a long time in the Premier League (Redknapp/Allardyce/Hughes/Pardew/Bruce/O'Neill) but with an outside chance Pep or Rafa gets in as well.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1716 on: February 8, 2020, 12:43:01 am »
There's no chance the top two aren't Ferguson and Wenger.

I'll take a shot at the biggest winner in the history of winning being the 3rd one, namely one David Moyes.

The other two with 8 are probably brits who has managed for a long time in the Premier League (Redknapp/Allardyce/Hughes/Pardew/Bruce/O'Neill) but with an outside chance Pep or Rafa gets in as well.

The Hodge has won more than Jose.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1717 on: February 8, 2020, 03:23:12 am »
No, he will actually be taking a break. Melwood will be closed for a week.

He said in an interview that each player has been given individual training plans for the week off, but just light work to keep their legs ticking over, nothing involving kicking a ball.

I was talking about the international break not this winter break. Haha.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #1718 on: February 8, 2020, 07:18:57 am »
No, he will actually be taking a break. Melwood will be closed for a week.

He said in an interview that each player has been given individual training plans for the week off, but just light work to keep their legs ticking over, nothing involving kicking a ball.

Melwood looks very open.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #1719 on: February 8, 2020, 09:38:07 am »

I've always assumed that it's visiting foreign managers who maybe don't have enough of a grasp of English for a conversation sending their assistant/most fluent coach.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?