Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 990735 times)

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #1720 on: February 8, 2020, 10:02:43 am »
Melwood looks very open.

Indeed it does. Not for full team training though, just so the players who are still in Liverpool can use the facilities.

As Klopp has said, they need to do some training during their time off just to keep their legs ticking over and not seize up.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1721 on: February 8, 2020, 10:09:11 am »
I've always assumed that it's visiting foreign managers who maybe don't have enough of a grasp of English for a conversation sending their assistant/most fluent coach.
Moyes' English isn't that bad

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1722 on: February 8, 2020, 10:56:11 am »

English without being English?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1723 on: February 9, 2020, 04:51:09 am »
The Unexpected Twist In The Chess Match Between Klopp And Guardiola

Great article by David Segar

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2020/02/unexpected-twist-klopp-guardiola/

Offline HiTs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • In Istanbul when we won it 5 times!
« Reply #1724 on: February 9, 2020, 06:00:47 am »
Good read
★      ★       ★       ★       ★       ★                        ★                          ★
77     78      81      84       05      19      World Champions 2019     Premier League 2020

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1725 on: February 9, 2020, 09:32:04 am »
The Unexpected Twist In The Chess Match Between Klopp And Guardiola

Great article by David Segar

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2020/02/unexpected-twist-klopp-guardiola/

I’ve said this before - I don’t think City were expecting to have to go to 98 points to win the league last year, and the pressure we put on them broke them, which is why they’re so inconsistent this year.

That article puts it all so much more eloquently than me though! Love the Kasparov/Carlson analogy.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #1726 on: February 9, 2020, 10:40:15 am »

I've never cared enough to look closely at which teams/managers do it, but maybe another reason is if they have had a previous falling out with specific official and a particularly petty? Moyes seems that type. Though he'd probably get over it if it was someone he could jokingly threaten to slap.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
« Reply #1727 on: February 10, 2020, 01:20:38 am »
I’ve said this before - I don’t think City were expecting to have to go to 98 points to win the league last year, and the pressure we put on them broke them, which is why they’re so inconsistent this year.

That article puts it all so much more eloquently than me though! Love the Kasparov/Carlson analogy.

Pep really is bordeline obsessed with Klopp and us.  I remember the Amazon documentary where he was rambling on about stopping our front 3 prior to them playing EVARton away at the hole.    He's always talking about us and seems like he didn't expect us to take it up to City like we have done.   I reckon he's off if they don't win either the FA or CL this season, I really do.     
Klopp that!

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1728 on: February 10, 2020, 09:05:30 am »
I've never cared enough to look closely at which teams/managers do it, but maybe another reason is if they have had a previous falling out with specific official and a particularly petty? Moyes seems that type. Though he'd probably get over it if it was someone he could jokingly threaten to slap.
It's probably nothing. Some managers probably feel they can instill more of their wisdom by being with the team. Klopp knows our lads are ready and is happy for a quick friendly chat with the ref.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #1729 on: February 10, 2020, 09:31:41 am »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1730 on: February 10, 2020, 10:43:49 am »

Klopp has won MOTM a total of 8 times now.

Which means prior to this season he'd only won it 3 times.  :o I honestly didn't realise it was that difficult to get them. Pep must have hoovered them up in Abu Dhabi FC's 100 point season.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #1731 on: February 10, 2020, 04:08:35 pm »
So, how long till we build a statue to Jurgen?

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1732 on: February 10, 2020, 04:17:35 pm »
So, how long till we build a statue to Jurgen?

When he's passed on.  There's a custom that you don't build statues of living people. it seems a bit cringe.

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1733 on: February 12, 2020, 12:52:45 am »
Why are people suggesting we owe Shrewsbury?

They`ve just made a nice few quid from two ties against us but people feel we owe them more?

I also take it they were paid for being shown on the BBC? Would they have been paid for being shown on the BBC if they were drawn against a lesser team than us?

It has now been reported that Liverpool management have returned to Shrewsbury the club's share of takings for the match at Shrewesbury. This is despite their chairman being an absolute bell end to Sir Kenny Dalglish and Ian Rush.

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
« Reply #1734 on: February 12, 2020, 03:12:32 am »
It has now been reported that Liverpool management have returned to Shrewsbury the club's share of takings for the match at Shrewesbury. This is despite their chairman being an absolute bell end to Sir Kenny Dalglish and Ian Rush.

They should direct their blame at the FA for the ridiculous scheduling.   Klopp was right about this all along of course.   
Klopp that!

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1735 on: February 12, 2020, 06:06:26 am »
On a relationship level, Klopp is successful because he treats people the way they should be treated...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/thomas-gronnemark-hits-back-liverpool-17721111

"Of course to get this support from the manager - the leader - it is always a good start. Because it is not like he brought me in and said: 'OK, let's see if it works'.

"He was 100 per cent sure I could make a difference and I am on my third contract with Liverpool, so it's about giving meaning to the players and having support from the right people. He is just a good guy, I think that is the basic thing.

"Jurgen is a really kind man. Try to think about your best friend or a family member or a fantastic colleague and you are talking where you are not thinking about how you should be and you are just saying what needs to be said. That is the way I am feeling about Jurgen Klopp.

"My first visit at Melwood, we were just talking about throw-ins, normal stuff like hobbies and families, the weather and the city, so it is just fantastic to be with him when I am at Melwood.

"He would also be a really good leader in another company because he is just a good guy. He is also building relationships and creating a culture where people want to help each other and be kind.

"He called me early July and said he tried some things and they didn't work, so if you can see that your leader is willing to say he is not perfect and doesn't know everything, instead of pretending they do know everything, then it is so much easier for the players and the staff to [say the same and learn].

"People at Melwood are not working as 'I' they are working as 'we'. He is a really good manager football-wise and he takes really good decisions with his other staff.

"It is just a pleasure every time I am there in Liverpool. Every time I go to Melwood, it is like I open the door to heaven."
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 06:27:10 am by ThePoolMan »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1736 on: February 12, 2020, 07:34:28 am »
What a fantastic interview.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1737 on: February 13, 2020, 10:24:36 am »
Klopp for PM
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1738 on: February 13, 2020, 11:51:29 am »
On a relationship level, Klopp is successful because he treats people the way they should be treated...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/thomas-gronnemark-hits-back-liverpool-17721111

I think this line is key:

"He called me early July and said he tried some things and they didn't work, so if you can see that your leader is willing to say he is not perfect and doesn't know everything instead of pretending they do know everything, then it is so much easier for the players and the staff to [say the same and learn]".

That's Kloppo's personality and way of working encapsulated, no ego, knows he doesn't know everything, he knows that the best way for him and his club to succeed is by surrounding himself with the right people.

Just yesterday I was listening ot an interview he did last year, and he was saying that when he was starting out at Mainz, he basically HAD to do everything! It was literally him, his assistant and Christian Heidel the sports director who did absolutely everything for the club, they did the work that 20 people would do today. I guess that was the perfect way to learn!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1739 on: February 13, 2020, 02:46:01 pm »
Update today and both German papers are reporting it. If we want Werner on the cheap-ish then he's got a release clause till end of April.

Update @TimoWerner & @LFC
: The release clause of Werner at @DieRotenBullen
 has to be activated from Liverpool til the end of April to buy him for the transfer fee of 55 til 60 Million Euros. Our Story @BILD_Sport
 @SPORTBILD

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1740 on: February 13, 2020, 03:33:27 pm »
Werner feels inevitable to be honest. Exactly the profile of player we will be needing in the summer, perfect for the way we play, and the exact type of transfer we've been making over the last few years - someone on the brink of stardom with a reasonable price tag. All it would come down to is whether he feels he'll get enough game time, and with the AFCON, he definitely will.

Anyway, that's summer. Probably not worth thinking about until after Hendo's lifted number 7.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1741 on: February 13, 2020, 03:47:08 pm »
Update today and both German papers are reporting it. If we want Werner on the cheap-ish then he's got a release clause till end of April.

If we want Werner (I think we do) then we should trigger the release clause before April, right after we win #19. Otherwise, this can be reminiscent to United and Felaini.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #1742 on: February 13, 2020, 03:54:59 pm »
From Werner's recent comments that things might happen in the next couple of weeks (or words to that effect) then I am wondering if the clause is dependent on the bidding team being qualified for the Champions League, which we will very likely be the first team in Europe to achieve, which would give us an advantage in getting in early with negtioations and securing him at the cheaper price.

Personally, I think if we want him, we'll get him.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1743 on: February 13, 2020, 04:00:30 pm »
We need one more point to officially qualify for the Champions League.  ;D

look all the reliable German journos and papers are saying we're interested and the reliable LFC based journos are saying the same. If Kloppo want's him, we get him.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1744 on: February 13, 2020, 04:18:55 pm »

look all the reliable German journos and papers are saying we're interested and the reliable LFC based journos are saying the same. If Kloppo want's him, we get him.

What if it's not Klopp? What if it's coming from higher up? Could be nepotism from the owners?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #1745 on: February 13, 2020, 04:29:55 pm »

I think you mean one more win. Sheffield can get 75 points and we're 'only' on 73.

And don't forget, Spurs have an extra game to play so can get a total of 76. So technically, even one more win won't do it.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #1746 on: February 13, 2020, 04:31:45 pm »
I think you mean one more win. Sheffield can get 75 points and we're 'only' on 73.

And don't forget, Spurs have an extra game to play so can get a total of 76. So technically, even one more win won't do it.
Sounds like 24th February is pencilled in as Timo day!

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #1747 on: February 13, 2020, 04:33:08 pm »
What if it's not Klopp? What if it's coming from higher up? Could be nepotism from the owners?

It's the whole reason they bought the club. Timo's ambition since he was a kid was to score at the Kop end.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1748 on: February 13, 2020, 04:36:04 pm »

We’re signing Karl Henry and Craig Gordon, too, aren’t we?
King Kenny.

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #1749 on: February 13, 2020, 04:38:03 pm »
Shame Man Utd already snapped up LeBron's lad.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1750 on: February 13, 2020, 04:55:18 pm »
I really hope Tom Werner is in the announcement video saying "Welcome to the club son".  ;D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1751 on: February 13, 2020, 05:03:00 pm »

Oh my, can't wait for next season!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1752 on: February 13, 2020, 06:02:38 pm »
And Victor Linda-loff

(I make this gag every time this subject comes up; no-one has laughed yet)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1753 on: February 14, 2020, 10:49:42 pm »
Kevin De Bruyne is a Liverpool supporter, Time for him to come "Home".  ;D

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1754 on: February 16, 2020, 08:41:54 am »
New glasses!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jBmxu41o7SQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jBmxu41o7SQ</a>

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #1755 on: February 16, 2020, 09:30:13 am »
That MOTD interview with crisp boy was a bit awkward but Klopp took it all in his stride batting off Gary Walkers inane cliche ridden questions with aplomb.

"Liverpool found a way" yeh, it's called scoring a goal and winning you bitter get!

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #1756 on: February 16, 2020, 01:41:29 pm »
Love how he was asked about Alisson's superb save yesterday and his response basically was "Yeah but the Norwich player was offside. I'm almost sure of it." Then he went on to mention the Super Cup game vs Chelsea where they had few chances but they were offside.

He's totally right as they would have been ruled out via VAR. The linesman did not flag cause that's the directive.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1757 on: February 16, 2020, 04:30:01 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1758 on: February 16, 2020, 05:36:46 pm »
Class..again from our gaffer.

https://mobile.twitter.com/liverpool930202/status/1229003398990581760

He was doing the same at West Ham the other week! He's a genuinly humble and good man.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1759 on: February 16, 2020, 05:48:05 pm »