Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 985178 times)

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #1200 on: January 27, 2020, 04:55:28 pm »
The amount of cry arsing over the FA cup of all things is fucking embarrassing.

This team and manager have given us everything this season, ran themselves in to the ground for us, flew around the world and brought home our first ever Club World Cup, have gone unbeaten in the league for a whole year, sit 16 points ahead in a league we haven't won for 30 years and how do some respond? Moan, moan about them having a much deserved break because we might not win in the FA cup.

So you're cry arsing about cry arsing?

And your knowledge on the last few months is very good.

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1201 on: January 27, 2020, 04:59:20 pm »
I wonder if Klopp might compromise a little with some players or are the replay dates to close for what the club has promised?

The decision is final, there will be no compromise.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1202 on: January 27, 2020, 05:03:09 pm »
Pretty sure Fabinho has his plane tickets to Brazil booked so he can spend the week with his family. Shall we tell him to cancel because he played a few dodgy passes on Sunday and needs a run out against a League 1 side?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 05:06:55 pm by Too early for flapjacks? »

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1203 on: January 27, 2020, 05:04:51 pm »
Pretty sure Fabinho has his plane tickets to Brazil booked so he can spend the week with his family. Shall we tell him to cancel because a played a few dodgy passes on Sunday?

It looked like he was already on the plane yesterday and Lovren and Matip had set to work on the drinks trolley...

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #1204 on: January 27, 2020, 05:10:52 pm »
I don't think a compromise works. It's either the second-stringers or who those need minutes stay as a whole or don't. That means Matip, Lovren, Fab, Shaq, Keita, Minamino, Origi, Lallana, Ox have a shortened break while the regular starters enjoy their full break. Sends a bit of a mixed message to those who stay really. 

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1205 on: January 27, 2020, 05:12:59 pm »
Assume this means Jones, Williams and Elliott can be involved?

They are not classed as seniors.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1206 on: January 27, 2020, 05:14:22 pm »
Assume this means Jones, Williams and Elliott can be involved?

They are not classed as seniors.

Would be shocked if they weren't.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #1207 on: January 27, 2020, 05:21:32 pm »
Of course there's a compromise, in that players who ask to stay and play are allowed to, but no-one is forced to. I'm sure there would be some takers.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 05:23:17 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1208 on: January 27, 2020, 05:23:16 pm »
Pretty sure Fabinho has his plane tickets to Brazil booked so he can spend the week with his family. Shall we tell him to cancel because he played a few dodgy passes on Sunday and needs a run out against a League 1 side?

Well they should be punished in some way for not winning the game. We should be winning every game now. ::)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1209 on: January 27, 2020, 05:25:14 pm »
I agree that the club and Jürgen shouldn’t compromise.
Only if the players who perhaps need minutes decide themselves they’d like to stay and play should it be considered.

However given they all have training programmes, holidays booked I suspect this is unlikely. I’d imagine in such a case it would be down to the medical/physio team. It maybe considered best for everyone regardless of recent injuries or lack of playing time to have the break. In all of these scenarios I’m absolutely sure we can trust Jürgen and the staff to do what’s right by the players

"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1210 on: January 27, 2020, 05:25:59 pm »
Of course there's a compromise, in that players who ask to stay and play are allowed to, but no-one is forced to. I'm sure there would be some takers.

It has been agreed that all senior players will have the week off, the club officially backs Klopp’s stance on this.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #1211 on: January 27, 2020, 05:28:08 pm »

Not sure that's particularly helpful; imagine Minamino stays (can see him actually asking to feature in the replay) and Lovren goes on a break. The former would be lauded and the latter slated, and knowing how the media works, this would carry headlines.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1212 on: January 27, 2020, 05:28:35 pm »
I agree that the club and Jürgen shouldn’t compromise.
Only if the players who perhaps need minutes decide themselves they’d like to stay and play should it be considered.

However given they all have training programmes, holidays booked I suspect this is unlikely. I’d imagine in such a case it would be down to the medical/physio team. It maybe considered best for everyone regardless of recent injuries or lack of playing time to have the break. In all of these scenarios I’m absolutely sure we can trust Jürgen and the staff to do what’s right by the players

No we can't. Why should we trust that this manager and this coaching staff know how to do their job, having proven that they do, instead we should be telling them the obvious things they already know and asking them why they've made this decision.

;)

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #1213 on: January 27, 2020, 05:32:45 pm »
Sorry if already posted, but what in the name of holy fuckin bollocks has it got to do with Accrington friggin Stanley?

“Accrington Stanley owner Andy Holt has called on the FA to punish Liverpool ahead of their replay with Shrewsbury.“ The Mirror.

Piss off ya sad twat.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1214 on: January 27, 2020, 05:34:08 pm »
Sorry if already posted, but what in the name of holy fuckin bollocks has it got to do with Accrington friggin Stanley?

“Accrington Stanley owner Andy Holt has called on the FA to punish Liverpool ahead of their replay with Shrewsbury.“ The Mirror.

Piss off ya sad twat.

No mark trying to get his no mark team in the media.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #1215 on: January 27, 2020, 05:34:30 pm »
I would expect all Liverpool fans to back the manager 100% on this.

Everyone  else moaning can get to fuck.

With respect what gives you the right to tell lads who spend their wages following the team that if they disagree with the manager over this issue they can fuck off.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1216 on: January 27, 2020, 05:35:00 pm »
No mark trying to get his no mark team in the media.
Exackly

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1217 on: January 27, 2020, 05:37:11 pm »

Piss off ya sad twat.
Absolutely, it's not Jurgen's job to fund the lower leagues. If your local people can't be arsed enough to watch and support their team, then stop looking to others.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1218 on: January 27, 2020, 05:45:38 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1219 on: January 27, 2020, 05:48:39 pm »
I'm not sure how many times it has to be said, but........Jurgen is honouring his commitment to the winter break as requested by the Premier League last April, when they said no competitive games should be played during it. Sad fact is the FA have fucked up (or both if you like for not communicating)......yet Klopp is getting a load of criticism for adhering to that request ! Unbelievable !

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1221 on: January 27, 2020, 05:50:35 pm »
It looked like he was already on the plane yesterday and Lovren and Matip had set to work on the drinks trolley...

So spilt drinks everywhere then? :D

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1222 on: January 27, 2020, 05:53:21 pm »
I'm not sure how many times it has to be said, but........Jurgen is honouring his commitment to the winter break as requested by the Premier League last April, when they said no competitive games should be played during it. Sad fact is the FA have fucked up (or both if you like for not communicating)......yet Klopp is getting a load of criticism for adhering to that request ! Unbelievable !
The reality is the media and other supporters have been desperate to get something on Klopp and derail our success.
Will never forget or forgive the whitch hunt against Rafa when it looked like we might win the league.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1223 on: January 27, 2020, 05:55:09 pm »
With respect what gives you the right to tell lads who spend their wages following the team that if they disagree with the manager over this issue they can fuck off.

His mum.

Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1224 on: January 27, 2020, 05:55:43 pm »

Piss off ya sad twat.

Not sure John Coleman (his manager, a massive red) will be too impressed with that.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1225 on: January 27, 2020, 05:58:15 pm »
Impeach Klopp!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1226 on: January 27, 2020, 05:59:03 pm »

We were aware the FA Cup replays were during this break though.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1227 on: January 27, 2020, 05:59:06 pm »

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1228 on: January 27, 2020, 06:02:23 pm »
The reality is the media and other supporters have been desperate to get something on Klopp and derail our success.
Will never forget or forgive the whitch hunt against Rafa when it looked like we might win the league.
Agree with you mate. The thing is, it's not just about us though - Spurs, Southampton and Newcastle have replays the same week and Bruce has slammed the decision.....yet, he's not being castigated like Klopp has been. Strange that isn't it ?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1229 on: January 27, 2020, 06:03:40 pm »
Agree with you mate. The thing is, it's not just about us though - Spurs, Southampton and Newcastle have replays the same week and Bruce has slammed the decision.....yet, he's not being castigated like Klopp has been. Strange that isn't it ?

Bruce playing the kids?

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1230 on: January 27, 2020, 06:04:19 pm »
I have been thinking and reading about this all day, and its becoming more and more clear to me that Klopp should be knighted for this.

Its not about disrespecting the FA cup or Shrewsbury, its more about stand up for the beautiful game of football, that is being torn to pieces by gready and commercially minded people and organisations.

He is making a stance against organizations who are arranging more and more dodgy games and competitions for the sake of profit. He is making a stance to protect one of the core elements of the beautiful game of football, the players.

The media should be praising  rather than labelling him disrespecting.   

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1231 on: January 27, 2020, 06:05:06 pm »

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #1232 on: January 27, 2020, 06:08:42 pm »
Snip -Made some good points in your full post - but, I think on the point above, my argument would be Liverpool have been asked to respect the winter break by not playing competitive games during it, to protect players welfare. To go against that by playing some of the first team players would undermine the principle of the winter break and Klopp's support and his previous requests for it, notwithstanding the fact we'd still have to play the game......but that's the FA's doing.
Is a fair enough point I guess, I wonder is there a better way for the club to make it though?
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1233 on: January 27, 2020, 06:10:43 pm »
Bruce playing the kids?
Who knows. Probably not winning the Premier League though 
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1234 on: January 27, 2020, 06:13:03 pm »
Who knows. Probably not winning the Premier League though 

Whole thing is a circular argument in all honesty.

This game isn't really going to cause too many issues in my opinion.

Hope the kids win though.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 06:16:26 pm by Nick110581 »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1235 on: January 27, 2020, 06:17:55 pm »
I have been thinking and reading about this all day, and its becoming more and more clear to me that Klopp should be knighted for this.

Its not about disrespecting the FA cup or Shrewsbury, its more about stand up for the beautiful game of football, that is being torn to pieces by gready and commercially minded people and organisations.

He is making a stance against organizations who are arranging more and more dodgy games and competitions for the sake of profit. He is making a stance to protect one of the core elements of the beautiful game of football, the players.

Our press don't respect anything foreign. As others have said Bruce too is slamming the timing of the game yet he's not being walloped.

Offline stevejd63

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1236 on: January 27, 2020, 06:18:18 pm »
While I fully support Klopps stance. I don't want to give up on the FA cup.
I don't see why he can't stagger the players break, give some the first week and some the second.
We play Norwich first game back before Atletico the following Tuesday so he's gonna rest some for that anyway. Chirevella could slot in with two seniors for Shrewsbury then Jones and two seniors for Norwich. Same for strikers and defenders. We have two good goalkeepers. Let the majority of the players that will play Atletico go on holiday after the Shrewsbury game.
How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1237 on: January 27, 2020, 06:18:47 pm »
Bruce playing the kids?
I couldn't care less whether he does or not - to me that's not the point. He's been just as critical of the FA as Klopp has been, more so really by saying  '...what's the point ?' They shouldn't be forced to play any games in the winter break........sort of like the Premier League has requested.

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1238 on: January 27, 2020, 06:19:43 pm »
He’s 65
You’re probably not joking either!  :P

His granddad bombed our chippy - Klopp's not the 65yo mother's boy.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1239 on: January 27, 2020, 06:20:41 pm »

More and more? There’s less than there was. Less replays and less extra time. The dodgy greedy commercial competition we were more than happy to go along to.