Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 584219 times)

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
:lmao

Knee-jerk bellends
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Although Klopp says he’s back in training on Monday….so….

Back for rehab.

Could still be out a while, hopefully not.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Although Klopp says he’s back in training on Monday….so….

Unconfirmed reports that Twitter is full of shite.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Unconfirmed reports that Twitter is full of shite.
‘CONFIRMED’
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Back for rehab.

Could still be out a while, hopefully not.

So is he back in training, or just back at our facilities for rehab?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
So is he back in training, or just back at our facilities for rehab?

Klopp on Thiago injury: "No. Neither March nor end of season is in my mind. It is something around the hip. That is the situation he needs time. He didn't train this week but we expect him to start rehab from Monday. It's not the case that he is out until the end of season."

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Klopp on Thiago injury: "No. Neither March nor end of season is in my mind. It is something around the hip. That is the situation he needs time. He didn't train this week but we expect him to start rehab from Monday. It's not the case that he is out until the end of season."

Ta.

That's not exactly encouraging.  Last time Thiago had a similar issue we didn't see him for ages.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Robbo went straight down the tunnel when he came off, hopefully nothing too serious.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Ta.

That's not exactly encouraging.  Last time Thiago had a similar issue we didn't see him for ages.
Twitter is full of shite, Klopp - full of optimism. neither one is informative when it comes to injuries.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Just have to wait and see then
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Sorry, starting his rehab programme on Monday.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Does ‘neither March nor the end of the season’ mean he doesn’t expect him back prior to March but it won’t be as lengthy as the whole rest of the season? As if so that’s surely a long term injury?

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
Does ‘neither March nor the end of the season’ mean he doesn’t expect him back prior to March but it won’t be as lengthy as the whole rest of the season? As if so that’s surely a long term injury?

I read it as before March. So mid Feb maybe. Sucks how much time this lad misses but thankfully he can (stay healthy) and guide us to 7.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If I can venture a guess, Klopp's words in the next presser will be something like: "Thiago is closer, very close, but not ready yet."

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
What does Twitter say? It’s right about 90% of the time apparently…..
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
What does Twitter say? It’s right about 90% of the time apparently…..

The rumour was he was out until around the 2nd round of the CL wasn’t it? So if it’s mid-Feb he’s back then that annoyingly would be fairly accurate.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
But its a rumour.
Y.N.W.A.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Let’s hope he’s back sooner

Need him if we are if we want to win the CL
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
The rumour was he was out until around the 2nd round of the CL wasn’t it? So if it’s mid-Feb he’s back then that annoyingly would be fairly accurate.
No, that he was out for the season.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
No, that he was out for the season.

There were two rumours.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
There were two rumours.
So going for a scatter gun approach? One of them is bound to be right.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
tbf "neither March nor the end of the season’" could mean absolutely anything anyone wants it to mean.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
I find it interesting that a reporter asked Klopp that question based on a twitter rumour. I mean I’m glad Klopp answered it. Sounds like they will just monitor him for a while and the injury needs time. Which is actually the same as pretty much all of Thiago’s injuries. I would guess he isn’t back this month but is sometime in February.
YWNA

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
Sorry, starting his rehab programme on Monday.

Back in rehab makes it sound like he’s been on the beer.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
Two of the most technically gifted players in the team who struggle to remain fit, such a shame

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Any further updates on Harvey Elliot?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Cue Bananarama.

Even if he is out for the season I wouldn't worry about it, Bobby Firmino's waiting; I think he'd be able to slot into Thiago's position no problem.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Even if he is out for the season I wouldn't worry about it, Bobby Firmino's waiting; I think he'd be able to slot into Thiago's position no problem.

I've actually been wondering this for a while as to whether we could convert Firmino to a straight out attacking mid role?

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
And a lot of false positives eh? So I guess lateral flows not being confirmed in PCRs?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And a lot of false positives eh? So I guess lateral flows not being confirmed in PCRs?

This is causing lots of piss boiling, once again :lmao

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan

Haven't heard the quote (only seen it) but maybe something lost in translation so to speak. Chance of a false positive is low, several extremely unlikely. No doubt will cause a few days of fume from the usual quarters
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Re: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)
« Reply #312 on: January 10, 2022, 04:13:53 am »
We really need to stop being this honest
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #313 on: January 10, 2022, 11:32:00 am »
From the Club's Official Website

"Thiago Alcantara is expected to begin his rehabilitation programme on a hip injury on Monday, but Jürgen Klopp isn’t anticipating a prolonged spell on the sidelines."

The No.6 hasn’t figured in Liverpool’s last three matches due to the issue, but the problem isn’t thought to be a long-term one.

Asked during his post-Shrewsbury Town press conference about speculation Thiago could be out until the end of the season, Klopp said: “No, neither March nor [the] end of the season is in my mind.

“It is something around the hip, that is the situation and it needs time now. He didn’t train this week but we expect him to be back to do rehab stuff from tomorrow on and then we will see.

“No, it is not that he is out until the end of the season, not at all.”

It's clear that it's before March - could be two weeks, could be Jan, could be Feb. It's good that he rubbished the rumours that it's March or out for end of the season, which unfortunately, some people cannot still comprehend.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: January 10, 2022, 03:20:05 pm »
anything - anywhere - about Robbo after he came off yesterday? I'm seeing no reports at all.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #315 on: January 10, 2022, 08:21:55 pm »
There should be a number of people very embarrassed by what they wrote in the Thiago thread based on a rumour…..

I’ve said for a while there should be a Hall of Shame for some of the rubbish that gets farted out at times.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: January 10, 2022, 11:48:27 pm »
Twitter is shit, no question. But some of you are very naïve to take Klopp’s word at face value on this particular matter. When has he ever been realistic about a major injury?! Jota, Gomez, Van Dijk, Fabinho… (I’m sure the list is longer). The man wants the player available and holds hope in bucket loads, but he hasn’t been realistic.

We will see Thiago when he returns. Until then some will lean the twitter way, some Klopp’s, and there is room for the whole world in between.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #317 on: January 11, 2022, 02:05:12 pm »
tbf "neither March nor the end of the season’" could mean absolutely anything anyone wants it to mean.

to me it just means he will not put a date on it. And he picked two random moments in time (March/end of season) to reference.

Reckon he'll be back this month
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #318 on: January 11, 2022, 06:56:25 pm »
We really need to stop being this honest

Be honest and upfront has meant we have avoided an inquiry, it’s only idiots trying to make a story out of it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #319 on: January 12, 2022, 01:13:54 pm »
What injury does Divock have?  It's so frustrating that he's out while 2 of our strikers are at AFCON.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75