Author Topic: Rhian Brewster  (Read 332270 times)

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Re: Rhian Brewster, set to stay
« Reply #360 on: June 17, 2018, 03:45:48 pm »
Looks like a big season ahead of the lad , all the best .Interesetd now what game time Klopp sees him
getting.

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: June 17, 2018, 03:55:30 pm »
Great news.
choose Life.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #362 on: June 17, 2018, 03:55:49 pm »
Great news. Made up for him.

Would be fantastic if he were able to bag a goal in one of the early cup rounds, deliver some good performances, and build some confidence towards the busy parts of the season. Could see himself getting significant playing time in the league if he does.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #363 on: June 17, 2018, 03:59:11 pm »
He has bulked up a lot so I have no doubt that he will be able to handle the physicality of 1st team football.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #364 on: June 17, 2018, 04:12:25 pm »
He’s 6ft tall, and he’s not skinny, I don’t doubt he will be able to cope...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: June 17, 2018, 04:20:52 pm »
Well at least now we'll get a fee for him. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #366 on: June 17, 2018, 04:22:47 pm »
I do wonder how much fucking off Gladbach by cancelling the pre-season friendly impacted on how this played out? Getting the highest rated goalscorer in the world at U17 to sign a long term deal after it looking pretty clear he would leave - I think someone at the club has played a blinder here.

I also think Ings will be certainly be leaving now if he wasn't already. Whatever little minutes Brewster might get would need to be shared with Ings.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: June 17, 2018, 04:24:40 pm »
Well at least now we'll get a fee for him. ;D

He will be fighting Solanke for a place in the match day squad.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #368 on: June 17, 2018, 04:30:58 pm »
Think we'll focus on Brewster and Solanke's development now and let Sturridge, Origi and Ings go.

Origi would be the most likely to be kept around but given he's got a year left on his contract and there have been no signs of an extension being offered, he'll most likely be off it we get a decent offer. 

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: June 17, 2018, 04:57:50 pm »
Great news, looking really forward to seeing him, Solanke, Woodburn and Wilson battling to impress in pre season now.

Offline devlin_adl

• Main Stander
« Reply #370 on: June 17, 2018, 05:04:38 pm »
At the time they said the start of preseason.

He then had an op on a knee injury, but this shouldn’t influence hi s return date

According to the Echo, he won’t be ready for the start of pre-season but should be ready by the time the World Cup players return.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: June 17, 2018, 05:23:51 pm »
Great decision by the club and by Rhian. Think he's got a good future ahead of him
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: June 17, 2018, 05:44:14 pm »
Great news, looking really forward to seeing him, Solanke, Woodburn and Wilson battling to impress in pre season now.
Aye, makes you wonder which of them will stay at the club next season. I'm guessing at least two, but I suppose a lot depends on who we bring in.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 05:53:01 pm by Djozer »

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: June 17, 2018, 06:07:51 pm »
Aye, makes you wonder which of them will stay at the club next season. I'm guessing at least two, but I suppose a lot depends on who we bring in.
If they impress can see us maybe not pushing for new signings in some positions.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #374 on: June 17, 2018, 06:31:56 pm »
Excellent news. A real talent
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Online daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #375 on: June 17, 2018, 06:50:53 pm »
Was hoping it would play out like this and yes someone at the club has pulled off a great bit of business to keep him here. He's a great talent and looks pretty grounded whenever i see him play and read his interviews.

I think the times for sentiment regarding a few of our attackers is over now and we seriously wanna be as ruthless as possible.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: June 17, 2018, 07:06:57 pm »
Feels like a new signing.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #377 on: June 17, 2018, 07:23:50 pm »
Do we have the best two young English strikers or is there someone better?

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: June 17, 2018, 07:45:56 pm »
Does Rashford count? Him, if so. Think Abraham got into the u21s ahead of Solanke mostly, and think Monica Calvert Lewinsky did for a bit too, though I might be wrong about that as I don't follow England unless Lverpool players are playing.

No idea about the younger age groups, but Brewster's surely one of the better ones, if not the best.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: June 17, 2018, 07:58:41 pm »

Rashford tops that list

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #380 on: June 17, 2018, 10:37:00 pm »
Awesome news, as others have said, you’d think Klopp must rate him for him to be staying.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #381 on: June 17, 2018, 10:42:51 pm »
Rashford tops that list

I see Rashford more as a winger than a striker. When he needed to lead the line after Ibra's injury, he looked garbage. I think he got one goal in 14 games or something like that, and it was a free kick.

He always needs that focal point for him to play off.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: June 17, 2018, 10:45:19 pm »
I see Rashford more as a winger than a striker. When he needed to lead the line after Ibra's injury, he looked garbage. I think he got one goal in 14 games or something like that, and it was a free kick.

You've probably seen more of him than me to be honest. He's looked very good every time i've seen him play, but i can't say i punish myself by subjecting myself to watching them play often

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #383 on: June 17, 2018, 10:59:43 pm »
You've probably seen more of him than me to be honest. He's looked very good every time i've seen him play, but i can't say i punish myself by subjecting myself to watching them play often

He's an excellent player - would be even better for a more aggressive, attacking manager too I think.

In terms of comparisons - Rashford would be more like Pedro. A forward but not a striker and tends to need/want to play off a main focal point striker and attack the box rather than stay in it. Brewster is more David Villa. He can play as a striker, lead the line, use his pace and movement in behind, run the channels, poach in the box. He can also start in the wing and attack the box the way Villa did at Barca, Shevchenho did at Kiev, Henry at Arsenal, or Salah has for us. A striker who has a wide starting position playing off a false 9 forward who will make that space to attack.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #384 on: June 17, 2018, 11:02:46 pm »
How many false nines can we field in one game?  :D

I actually like to see us in a bit of chaotic (not disorderly) movement upfront confusing everyone.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: June 17, 2018, 11:04:42 pm »
He's an excellent player - would be even better for a more aggressive, attacking manager too I think.

In terms of comparisons - Rashford would be more like Pedro. A forward but not a striker and tends to need/want to play off a main focal point striker and attack the box rather than stay in it. Brewster is more David Villa. He can play as a striker, lead the line, use his pace and movement in behind, run the channels, poach in the box. He can also start in the wing and attack the box the way Villa did at Barca, Shevchenho did at Kiev, Henry at Arsenal, or Salah has for us. A striker who has a wide starting position playing off a false 9 forward who will make that space to attack.

Yeah you can see him and Martial would both excel under more attacking managers, I rate both of them to be honest.

Interesting, i'll try to watch a bit more of Rashford as he looks a real talent, strikes the ball so cleanly but doesn't have that young player trying to impress habit of looking like he's just trying to leather it. That goal in the last England game was exceptional

Gotta say, i love that comparison. David Villa is one of my all time favourite strikers and I really enjoyed watching him play. Brewsters versatility excites me and i like the fact he plays quite an aggressive game already

Online vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #386 on: June 17, 2018, 11:11:53 pm »
Could be our Dembele or Mbappe. Just needs to develop under the boss and Pep
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: June 17, 2018, 11:57:29 pm »

Great news.

So, is he being paid enough that we can start taking about Brewster's Millions yet? Or do we need to stick to trying to avoid mentioning that his parents gave him a girl's name?

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: June 18, 2018, 12:50:23 am »
Why would you want him top go to City?!

;D

Online vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #389 on: June 18, 2018, 12:59:54 am »
Why would you want him top go to City?!

;D

Yeah, gonna have to get him a nickname if as rumoured he's gonna be jurgen's no2.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: June 18, 2018, 01:14:11 am »
Yeah, gonna have to get him a nickname if as rumoured he's gonna be jurgen's no2.
I kinda always thought he'd be the next after Kloppo, and was a bit down when he left...

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #391 on: June 18, 2018, 07:29:22 am »
Great News.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #392 on: June 18, 2018, 08:13:40 am »

So, is he being paid enough that we can start taking about Brewster's Millions yet? Or do we need to stick to trying to avoid mentioning that his parents gave him a girl's name?
None of the above.

Offline Yesitsanextender

• Colonel Mustard in the en-suite bathroom with a lead pipe.
  • Anny Roader
  • i love klopp, kloppy klopp klopp, down in my belly
« Reply #393 on: June 18, 2018, 10:09:09 am »
Can someone give us a brief breakdown of his abilities and actually how good is he compared to other players please? I haven't seen enough of him to see what kind of player he is or will be so cant see how significant this deal is at the moment (not that im questioning it at all)

cheers! :D

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: June 18, 2018, 10:36:26 am »
Haven't seen much of him but don't get the hype. Doesn't seem like he is better than Sterling was at the age. Is he really as good as Klopp makes it out, and can he contribute to the first team squad next season.
What are his main strengths, is it only finishing or does he have genuine pace and skills.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #395 on: June 18, 2018, 10:37:13 am »
Great stuff...

Now let's hope he makes an impact here
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #396 on: June 18, 2018, 11:26:44 am »

Re. Rashford, yes, more like a wide ( on paper) forward. Pedro a good comparison. An Overmars type. A very good option for the formation we used last season but more importantly if he scored more!  :P
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: June 18, 2018, 12:15:14 pm »
Excellent news, looks like a real talent.

I remember he was still in a boot at Anfield on the last day of the season, is there any official word on if he'll be back for pre-season?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #398 on: June 18, 2018, 12:19:04 pm »
Excellent news, looks like a real talent.

I remember he was still in a boot at Anfield on the last day of the season, is there any official word on if he'll be back for pre-season?

Likely back when lads who are at the WC come back is what I believe the Echo has said.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: June 18, 2018, 12:29:17 pm »
Likely back when lads who are at the WC come back is what I believe the Echo has said.
Good stuff.