Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3122915 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #22720 on: May 25, 2022, 01:48:47 am »
Gavi has delayed signing his contract. We've been linked to him for a while now.  ;D

Barça president Joan Laporta tells @lesportiucat: “We can’t understand why the agent of Gavi wants to delay the contract extension. We are still waiting”.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22721 on: May 25, 2022, 02:14:38 am »
Lots of names there but looking at the past couple of seasons, assuming Milner goes we have four midfielders we're likely to rely heavily on, with Jones likely getting a decent amount of minutes and Elliot an unknown. If Keita has another stop start season we'll likely end up needing to overplay some/all of Henderson, Fabinho and Thiago again, resulting in more injuries.

Unless we're expecting Carvalho to come in and play as a #10 regularly we really need one more. We've been so, so strong when we've been able to rotate a couple of midfielders every game.
Elliott based on his game time early in the year and how well he looked vs Southampton. Looks like he fully back from his Injury, I think he can trusted really well, he started Inter away in the CL, Chelsea game too early in the year. Would like one more option because of Keita/Thaigo/Henderson injury concern. I think it was coming back from injury during the run in was tough for Elliott to get game time. Jones missed some time with a freak injury too, mostly came back in the 2nd half.
Having Henderson as more back up 6 with the 5 subs to and not having 2 younger players the rotation options would be smart. Jones has over 75 Caps already for Liverpool but still young. Elliott played a full season in the championship already and both look very good.
I would like one more but I think it can work with those guys.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22722 on: May 25, 2022, 04:35:49 am »
Real Madrid really having second thoughts of paying 80 million for Tchoo Tchoo now.  Some of their most reliable journos are saying it now too.

Kind of hope this is a "He wants Liverpool more than Madrid situation"despite the money thrown at Monaco if they player doesnt want to go there it dont matter

Klopp obviously spoke to him if it was close as lots are claiming so I dont know if you just change your mind cause Madrid lost out on Mbappe and thus threw a massive amount of money at him

Have a feeling Madrid offered more money to Monaco and Monaco are trying to get us to up our offer

HOWEVER if we do miss out on him I trust the club to have a great backup choice like they always have

But this dude is legit perfect us as he can play the 8 and 6.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #22723 on: May 25, 2022, 05:57:02 am »
Thiago/Keita/Jones/Elliott/Henderson/Possibly Milner/Possibly Morton is probably enough Number wise. Issue is Thiago/Keita have be managed minutes wise, Henderson also had injury problems in the past. Sounds like Milner may stay not 100% sure, Morton looked solid in the League Cup but hasnt been to involved overall since first half not sure how he viewed with the staff.
If Klopp fine with nobody else would think it ok but would think adding one over the summer so not over pushing Jones/Elliott too much and Henderson can help Fabinho manage minutes better with 5 subs(I would expect when there 3 games a week next season it will either be 2 or 3 Mfers are getting subbed depending on the game with 1 or 2 forwards and possibly a Full Back). Only reason I would see not signing somebody is basically Banked to get Jude next summer but we will see.
That midfield is just not good enough. We've seen what having the quality of Silva and KDB was eventually worth to City. Take out Thiago and Fab and none of those others are world class players. Hendo, Thiago, Keita, Jones are pretty much guaranteed to have a spell out on the sidelines. Harvey and Morton have a lot to learn and shouldn't be relied on yet. We need better mobility in that midfield, it's a glaring miss right now
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22724 on: May 25, 2022, 06:31:38 am »
The lad gets constant shite an always has.Theres lads on here like Lobo or Barney and all the other shithouses who folow him round like a bad fucking smell. Constantly taunting an just being fucking snide. Its bound to get his back up.

If its not Fromola its, Pete, or Ghost Town or Jack ward or someone else teyre giving shite to. Id fuck all the shithouses who taunt him or them off before id get rid of him

Anyway, nice knowing ya. Bored of this shite. Peace xx

Well said. Totally agree. It is downright online bullying . I mean it is an issue with teenagers through social media but we're seeing it right here on a football forum full of grown-ups.

It is a classic case of group bullying with one following the other.

Ironic thing is some of the posters would probably be posting in a thread about mental health and their support for any individual suffering from it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 06:39:27 am by Andar »

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22725 on: May 25, 2022, 06:41:47 am »
To fully answer this would take quite a while. What I would say is the true cost of signing a player should always be fully understood, no? If Mbappe signed at Real Madrid instead of PSG was that truly a "free" signing? Is Haaland's cost comparable with with other £60m signings? For Haaland, how much do you bet if he's doing well we're going to hear non-stop next season the £60m that was paid and what a deal it was without mentioning the other £150m+ also being paid?

Wages across clubs and leagues are not standardized as well so to assume what Barca pays their £50m signing and what Arsenal pay their £50m signing are the same is clearly not true when you just look at their respective wage bills.

Diaz for instance, I wouldn't make any assumptions. LFC under FSG have had no problem paying Agent fees and our wage bill is top 5 in the world. Diaz isn't going to be on peanuts even if it may pale in comparison to what Haaland or Mbappe is getting.

All of this as you're noting is due to the lack of transparency aside from the transfer fee itself so that's what people go on. You can infer it by the books of the club the following year but it's never cut and dry, hopefully it starts to be reported more regularly though as it gives fans a better understanding of what something is or isn't truly costing.

This further highlights my point.

Mbappe and Haaland are always used but they are incredibly unique cases. They've been built up to be the next Ronaldo and Messi already and this has no doubt been used to leverage their positions and demand these huge wages, how many other players have the bargaining position to do this? There will be VERY few. The 2 of them are the exception, not the rule surely?

Take Tchouameni for example, he's not someone who is going to be demanding that kind of money or even remotely close, who's to say he's going to even be asking for more than many of our existing players? Who is his agent and how much would we be looking at in agents fees? What is his current wage? It's all good and well saying clubs need to show more transparency but how can a discussion happen without that? It again comes back to people making wild assumptions based on little factual information which negates any worthwhile discussion on the 'total cost' of a player. Happy to be proven wrong and/or educated it but you've mentioned fees in Tchouamenis case and even compared it directly with that of Bellingham, what is this based on? Is this a good chance of being highly accurate due to being based on factual information or just they're both young and highly rated so same financial package is a given?

Part of the reason these discussions aren't really needed is because the club is well run we wont be bringing in signings who obliterate the wage structure. Diaz may not be on peanuts, but none of the footballers here are, his wages may however be incredibly disproportionate to his ability (solely in a footballing sense) he wouldn't be the first red you can say this about.

Talking about other factors in deals can be worthwhile but a lot of the information isn't even available, there can't realistically be a push for this to happen with the majority of the information not even available. It would simply lead to shouting down of other fans who want new signings stating they are showing ignorance and expecting too much and/or shouting down of fans who speculate over these financials without having all the necessary info.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 06:45:26 am by RyanBabel19 »

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22726 on: May 25, 2022, 07:02:24 am »
Gavi has delayed signing his contract. We've been linked to him for a while now.  ;D

Screw it, lets get Tchou Tchou, Gavi and Bellingham this summer and not spend a penny on our midfield for the next decade.

Perhaps not entirely realistic!  ;D

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22727 on: May 25, 2022, 07:03:02 am »
Well said. Totally agree. It is downright online bullying . I mean it is an issue with teenagers through social media but we're seeing it right here on a football forum full of grown-ups.

Ironic thing is some of the posters would probably be posting in a thread about mental health and their support for any individual suffering from it.
Would completely agree with this. As much as I disagree with some of what Peter posts the way a few people are ready to jump on him at every opportunity isn't a good look. If you don't want to read him put him on your ignore list.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22728 on: May 25, 2022, 07:26:02 am »
Gentle people - may we resume discussing matters other than MacRed and the wrongs and rights of his interactive history? Peace and love from an ageing hippie.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22729 on: May 25, 2022, 07:35:44 am »
And just to give you all a laugh - AS claims Everton are after Gavi.
(Might be a rumour started by Barça to scare him into signing that contract extension).

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22730 on: May 25, 2022, 07:51:25 am »
Neither were Gini, Dirk or Sami for that matter.

Good points,pretty sure our recruitment takes into account hundreds of data points when weighing a player,sure some of them are propably related to the league the play in but just some,we just signed Diaz from a weaker league as well.

We're all just guessing here using our eyes,FBref or similar simplified tools to gauge a player and is fun but it's just little more than guessing all the same.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22731 on: May 25, 2022, 08:01:22 am »
🚨 Info: Real continues to work to finalize the Tchouameni file 🇫🇷 .

• Monaco hopes to have between 80 and 100M € .

• Liverpool will accelerate after the #UCL 

• Paris remains in contact with his agent and will try his luck until the end.

[@Santi_J_FM]

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #22732 on: May 25, 2022, 08:07:14 am »
I’m telling you now whoever wins on Saturday gets Tchouameni as an extra bonus prize
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22733 on: May 25, 2022, 08:23:00 am »
Would completely agree with this. As much as I disagree with some of what Peter posts the way a few people are ready to jump on him at every opportunity isn't a good look. If you don't want to read him put him on your ignore list.

The ignore function isn't fit for purpose.
You only have to look at Peter's posts over the last 24 hours to see why people give him stick. One minute he's saying we can afford any player in the world, the next we can't afford £80m. Not to mention his condescending posts towards others.
Was Capon following me about the forum like a bad smell when Peter roped me in a few weeks ago? Bit odd if so.

Anyway, hopefully something can be done with the ignore function so it becomes just that. For now, scrolling on by will have to do.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22734 on: May 25, 2022, 08:25:04 am »
And just to give you all a laugh - AS claims Everton are after Gavi.
(Might be a rumour started by Barça to scare him into signing that contract extension).

That's a typo. They're more than likely to sign Gadi from Olympic Charleroi.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22735 on: May 25, 2022, 08:35:37 am »
Real Madrid are at it, now they've got the player to agree to join them (or so it seems), they're going to try and fuck Monaco over the fee, it's just a shame they weren't negotiating with Lyon and Aulas and they tried to pull a move like that.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22736 on: May 25, 2022, 08:40:51 am »
Real Madrid are at it, now they've got the player to agree to join them (or so it seems), they're going to try and fuck Monaco over the fee, it's just a shame they weren't negotiating with Lyon and Aulas and they tried to pull a move like that.

If reports are to be believed, we'll step it up after Saturday. Who is dealing with our negotiations these days?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22737 on: May 25, 2022, 08:43:53 am »
If reports are to be believed, we'll step it up after Saturday. Who is dealing with our negotiations these days?

Must be Klopp because apparently he has stuff on between now and Saturday. Surely they should have said after Sunday though because he is likely to be completely hungover and twatted on Sunday.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22738 on: May 25, 2022, 08:46:06 am »

100% agree with this, I private messaged a lad on here asking him nicely to give it a rest and my personal reasons for him to do so. He carried on.
It may be a small thing to a lot of people but I was suffering mentally at the time, he contributed towards making that worse. He's on ignore now but something does need to be done about these posters.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #22739 on: May 25, 2022, 09:07:19 am »

Think there's a difference, though.  Chasing a poster around the forum and trying to get a rise out of them just because you disagree with their opinions I agree is shitty behaviour.  But calling out what Mac Red does isn't the same.  People react to him because he's relentlessly condescending and arrogant towards other posters and 90% of his posts belittle who he's replying to.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22740 on: May 25, 2022, 09:08:44 am »
100% agree with this, I private messaged a lad on here asking him nicely to give it a rest and my personal reasons for him to do so. He carried on.
It may be a small thing to a lot of people but I was suffering mentally at the time, he contributed towards making that worse. He's on ignore now but something does need to be done about these posters.

I’ll just add my agreement to this. The mods have a tough job but whatever they can do to discourage pile ons would be super. Bullies at school always blame the individual for being x,y or z and so they deserve anything they get so I’m not sure the, ‘such and such poster insists on doing x, y and z’ is particularly helpful. People really need to ignore rather than pile on. And I say this as someone who is perfectly capable of joining in myself, in no way am I above this vice!

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #22741 on: May 25, 2022, 09:09:44 am »
🚨 Info: Real continues to work to finalize the Tchouameni file 🇫🇷 .

• Monaco hopes to have between 80 and 100M € .

• Liverpool will accelerate after the #UCL

• Paris remains in contact with his agent and will try his luck until the end.

[@Santi_J_FM]

What is it with French players and SAGAs.

FFS - this isn't fuckin' Falcon Crest, just sign up already.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22742 on: May 25, 2022, 09:11:54 am »
If we’re waiting till after the final doesn’t that allow others to steal a march on us?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #22743 on: May 25, 2022, 09:15:14 am »
Sounds like pretty classic Real Madrid shithousery. Tap the player up, get him fully on board that Madrid is the only place for him, and then start baulking at the asking price so player starts stamping his feet, everyone else drops out of the reckoning and they get him on the cheap. If he has said he only wants to join Real, I can't imagine we'd retain much interest.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22744 on: May 25, 2022, 09:23:03 am »
Sounds like pretty classic Real Madrid shithousery. Tap the player up, get him fully on board that Madrid is the only place for him, and then start baulking at the asking price so player starts stamping his feet, everyone else drops out of the reckoning and they get him on the cheap. If he has said he only wants to join Real, I can't imagine we'd retain much interest.

Don't we do the same? Get a player to commit to coming here, and then use that as leverage with the player's current club to get the asking price down a bit?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22745 on: May 25, 2022, 09:27:39 am »
Don't we do the same? Get a player to commit to coming here, and then use that as leverage with the player's current club to get the asking price down a bit?

Do we? Diaz we paid over what others were offering. Ibou was a release clause. Thiago I dont think anyone else was interested. Jota there didn't seem to be anyone else we were competing with. I can't really remember many, if any, where we were releasing loads of articles about how a particular player only wanted to join us in order to drive his price down?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22746 on: May 25, 2022, 09:31:18 am »
Van Dijk is probably one but yes I don't think we're as bad as Madrid! I think the counter strategy is, 'Tchou Tchou Madrid are playing games with you and your club. We're willing to offer what it'll take because we value you that highly, come meet Jurgen in Brighton'.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #22747 on: May 25, 2022, 10:16:10 am »
Think there's a difference, though.  Chasing a poster around the forum and trying to get a rise out of them just because you disagree with their opinions I agree is shitty behaviour.  But calling out what Mac Red does isn't the same.  People react to him because he's relentlessly condescending and arrogant towards other posters and 90% of his posts belittle who he's replying to.

In the famous words of Steve McManaman. Yep.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #22748 on: May 25, 2022, 10:52:03 am »
Can Liverpool supporters expect a busy summer in the transfer market?

“I’ll leave the answers to that to Jurgen and Julian,” Werner laughs. “They are very astute. I’m sure they will continue to make excellent acquisitions.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the big challenges for Ward will be sorting out the futures of Salah and Mane in particular

“I’d like to keep those conversations confidential but obviously we’ve articulated our desire that they remain. Beyond that, I’ll leave that to Julian,” Werner says.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://theathletic.com/3330723/2022/05/25/liverpool-chairman-tom-werner-jurgen-klopp/
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline phoenician

• Kopite
« Reply #22749 on: May 25, 2022, 11:01:59 am »
Genuine question, why is this now becoming a thing with signings?

Is it due to the increase in wages? Go back a couple of years and a £50 million player was a £50 million player, now there's this push to include wages in any talk of a new signing to inflate the appearance of the cost of the signing, wages have always been a part of buying a player. It started as a way to insist opposition sides were overspending on players (sometimes very true) but now it's used for anyone young with big potential. Where are the figures for Tchouameni from and what are they based on? From what is often reported for targets, short of very few players whos demands are clearly outlined before they're bought (correct me if i'm wrong) most players wages, the agent fee etc are never really brought up which seems to suggest these package discussions would be filled with wild speculation based on little factual information unless i'm completely wrong.

Prime example... Diaz. I wouldn't have backed anyone on here to get the figures right for a proposed deal if you attempt to discuss agent fees and wages before we secured a deal for him. He doesn't seem one of those players with an agent looking for a huge cut or demanding astronomical wages.

So Phillipe Auclair can say "ze To-Tal pack age".

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22750 on: May 25, 2022, 11:15:30 am »
There seems to be a lack of really good players available this year to be honest. Great when Utd, Chelsea and Spurs are about to spend loads.

Spurs racking up that debt aren't they. Just seen another £150m capital injection to buy players.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22751 on: May 25, 2022, 11:17:01 am »
Do we? Diaz we paid over what others were offering. Ibou was a release clause. Thiago I dont think anyone else was interested. Jota there didn't seem to be anyone else we were competing with. I can't really remember many, if any, where we were releasing loads of articles about how a particular player only wanted to join us in order to drive his price down?

Don't think the public element is that important really. There doesn't need to be articles in the press for Madrid to drive Tchouameni's price down, his agent can easily just tell Monaco in private that that's the only club he'll move to. Same effect.

FWIW, we quite clearly tap up players, get agreements with them and then use that as leverage with the selling clubs.

Virgil is the obvious one, as we briefed the press that he wanted to come here over Chelsea and City - that backfired massively, of course, and led to us publicly pulling our interest. And ironically led to us paying more, not less!

Thiago is another example. I don't believe for a second there wouldn't have been other interest, it's just that he knew exactly where he wanted to go and both us and his agent had a plan to deliver that (it helped that Bayern risked losing him on a free if they didn't sell).

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22752 on: May 25, 2022, 11:27:04 am »
Don't think the public element is that important really. There doesn't need to be articles in the press for Madrid to drive Tchouameni's price down, his agent can easily just tell Monaco in private that that's the only club he'll move to. Same effect.

FWIW, we quite clearly tap up players, get agreements with them and then use that as leverage with the selling clubs.

Virgil is the obvious one, as we briefed the press that he wanted to come here over Chelsea and City - that backfired massively, of course, and led to us publicly pulling our interest. And ironically led to us paying more, not less!

Thiago is another example. I don't believe for a second there wouldn't have been other interest, it's just that he knew exactly where he wanted to go and both us and his agent had a plan to deliver that (it helped that Bayern risked losing him on a free if they didn't sell).

Right I mean thats pretty common for every club, what I mean with this Real Madrid move is it seems that they've essentially agreed with Monaco what they'd need to pay, had all the leaks that the player only has eyes for Real, and then gone back to Monaco and gone 'Ok well since he only wants to join us, how about €60 million instead of €80 million?'

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #22753 on: May 25, 2022, 11:37:27 am »
Wherever Tchoo Tchoo ends up, and notwithstanding the way ALL clubs these days ‘bend’ the rules, it has to be acknowledged, surely, that the two Spanish giants have historically led the way when it comes to transfer shithousery?
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22754 on: May 25, 2022, 11:39:40 am »
There seems to be a lack of really good players available this year to be honest. Great when Utd, Chelsea and Spurs are about to spend loads.

Spurs racking up that debt aren't they. Just seen another £150m capital injection to buy players.

You mean there aren’t many players available who could improve Liverpool . I could name a hundred that could improve my team.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22755 on: May 25, 2022, 11:41:37 am »
Wherever Tchoo Tchoo ends up, and notwithstanding the way ALL clubs these days ‘bend’ the rules, it has to be acknowledged, surely, that the two Spanish giants have historically led the way when it comes to transfer shithousery?

Oh for sure, particularly Barcelona who constantly used their players to say how much they wanted to see Player X join them in Spain.

Just don't think it coming out that Tchouameni wants Madrid, and them trying to lower the fee, is particularly egregious.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22756 on: May 25, 2022, 11:42:50 am »
You mean there aren’t many players available who could improve Liverpool . I could name a hundred that could improve my team.

Yes. But there's not many out there where I'd be fussed about them going to a rival. 
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #22757 on: May 25, 2022, 12:25:08 pm »
They should tie some ribbons around his ears and make him sit on a podium on Sat night. If we win Hendo gets to pick him up, shuffle, and bring him back to Anfield.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #22758 on: May 25, 2022, 12:35:43 pm »

The question now is what’s the argument for any elite player to ever sign a contract extension before free agency ?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #22759 on: May 25, 2022, 12:36:18 pm »
The question now is what’s the argument for any elite player to ever sign a contract extension before free agency ?

I mean this has been a questions for a looooong time before now, hasn't it?