Author Topic: European homes  (Read 447938 times)

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
Re: European homes
« Reply #3840 on: September 12, 2022, 02:14:23 pm »
So they tell you. But this is contrary to how 'forward' works for PL games where the credit moves with the ticket. The ticket is moved from your account so unless they've got something else behind the scenes then the system won't know that you originally purchased it.
Yeah I’d imagine anything that goes through the checkout screen will not retain credit. Distribute is just sticking a name and email address in
YNWA

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #3841 on: September 12, 2022, 02:20:54 pm »
So many people kicking off that they can't attend the odd midweek game but want to retain loyalty for later rounds. Just wrong. Those that have attended all fixtures should get priority which would also reduce the odds for final tickets.

Quite. The rangers game is not ideal timing for me. I fly to the States on the Thursday so a half day up to Liverpool, then early travel back home to be in the office on Wednesday is something I could do without.

I'm still going though

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3842 on: September 12, 2022, 02:21:09 pm »
Yeah I’d imagine anything that goes through the checkout screen will not retain credit. Distribute is just sticking a name and email address in

It stays in your history. I am moving my spec to stand with mates, from my normal ST spec (bought on acs at renewal). So transferred it out, then got another transferred back to me.

I did it this morning, and before I only had ajax once in my history. I now have LFC v ajax 3 times in my history:
-My original one, has my name as owner & purchaser
-The same ticket I transferred. Has my name as purchaser still
-The one I have been sent, which has my name as owner

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #3843 on: September 12, 2022, 02:26:00 pm »
It stays in your history. I am moving my spec to stand with mates, from my normal ST spec (bought on acs at renewal). So transferred it out, then got another transferred back to me.

I did it this morning, and before I only had ajax once in my history. I now have LFC v ajax 3 times in my history:
-My original one, has my name as owner & purchaser
-The same ticket I transferred. Has my name as purchaser still
-The one I have been sent, which has my name as owner
Yeah what I mean is that if you’re not the “owner” I don’t think they will give credit u less they’re able to differentiate behind the scenes from the league games. The system is otherwise identical
YNWA

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #3844 on: September 12, 2022, 02:26:32 pm »
So they tell you. But this is contrary to how 'forward' works for PL games where the credit moves with the ticket. The ticket is moved from your account so unless they've got something else behind the scenes then the system won't know that you originally purchased it.
I know the club are shite at this but they wouldn't blatantly lie to everyone

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #3845 on: September 12, 2022, 02:26:42 pm »
It says on my ticket page that the owner is xxxx who is the person I’ve forwarded the ticket onto and the purchaser is still in my name.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Pinehurst Alan

• Main Stander
  • Cup Regular. 4+ games.
« Reply #3846 on: September 12, 2022, 02:26:53 pm »

They were very clear that the credit system was not going to change for Cup Games, only PL games.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #3847 on: September 12, 2022, 02:54:04 pm »
My expectation is they'll fuck this up without meaning to

Watch us all get turfed out of ACS and them sell on our seats...

I have forwarded my ticket on and it would have let me buy another this morning.
Reason for forwarding - I have had a Hospitality season ticket distributed to me

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3848 on: September 12, 2022, 02:54:51 pm »
Have screenshotted livechat messages and FAQ's for when we're all booted out of ACS

Online walterwhite

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3849 on: September 12, 2022, 02:57:59 pm »
I know the club are shite at this but they wouldn't blatantly lie to everyone

I wouldn't think lying, more like incompetent, when it all goes wrong they will try to rectify it but will probably rake a while

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #3850 on: September 12, 2022, 02:58:58 pm »
I'm calling it now...at the end of the season the club will come out due to system fuck ups we have no idea who did what and so we've decided to scrap the season and start from fresh next season with bigger stadium and new rules lol

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3851 on: September 12, 2022, 02:59:41 pm »
I wouldn't think lying, more like incompetent, when it all goes wrong they will try to rectify it but will probably rake a while
well yeah that's different though

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3852 on: September 12, 2022, 03:00:24 pm »
My expectation is they'll fuck this up without meaning to

Watch us all get turfed out of ACS and them sell on our seats...

I have forwarded my ticket on and it would have let me buy another this morning.
Reason for forwarding - I have had a Hospitality season ticket distributed to me
if people still have it in history as purchaser I think it'll be fine

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3853 on: September 12, 2022, 03:01:28 pm »
if people still have it in history as purchaser I think it'll be fine

Not sure... it appears in mine, theirs and then on the other ACS I enrolled it shows all them too so can't do it based off that alone

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3854 on: September 12, 2022, 03:08:12 pm »

All of this could be solved by an Eligibility dropdown in the My Account section showing how many credits earned for each of PL, CL, FAC, EFL. Can’t be that hard really.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3855 on: September 12, 2022, 03:10:03 pm »
Not sure... it appears in mine, theirs and then on the other ACS I enrolled it shows all them too so can't do it based off that alone
but they have the original purchaser on record somewhere

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3856 on: September 12, 2022, 03:10:32 pm »
All of this could be solved by an Eligibility dropdown in the My Account section showing how many credits earned for each of PL, CL, FAC, EFL. Can’t be that hard really.
same group of people who refuse to do a pre-login for sales, hopeless bunch

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3857 on: September 12, 2022, 03:19:37 pm »
same group of people who refuse to do a pre-login for sales, hopeless bunch

They literally can't do that currently

Imagine 1000s of people all entering credentials to enter the queue which need validating and feeding a response back - it crashes the server, the reason the queue is there in the first place to protect it

Unless they moved all their ticketing system from on-prem to cloud, at the moment the only cloud part is the queue itself

They'd have to move the core system to cloud too, which probably isn't cheap and opens it to a host of new vulnerabilities

They'll sell out regardless, why spend £100k's on improving customer experience

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3858 on: September 12, 2022, 04:46:48 pm »
They literally can't do that currently

Yes they can.  (Thought we'd had this discussing in PMs some time ago, where you'd conceded this point.)

The club simply encourage people to log in and then be placed in the queue proper at any point during the hour before the sale starts.  You manage that by a separate Queue-It pre-queue.  People pretty quickly learn there is no point in having multiple sessions, so the number of people logging in = number of queue positions.

Getting everyone logged in and then into the queue proper between, say 07:15 and 08:15 should be a doddle really.  It would be pretty similar to how the queue goes down lightning fast once a sale is sold out.  Obviously, if you leave it late, like 08:10, before trying to log in, you are risk of not getting through the pre-queue to the login process, and then on to the queue proper, but you'd presumably only make that mistake once.

Of course, a system that gives every member just one entry in the Queue-It lottery might be a scary for some.  But no-one could argue about its fairness.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3859 on: September 12, 2022, 04:47:09 pm »

Any drop backs since this morning? Trying to sort a mate.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3860 on: September 12, 2022, 04:49:33 pm »
Yes they can.  (Thought we'd had this discussing in PMs some time ago, where you'd conceded this point.)

The club simply encourage people to log in and then be placed in the queue proper at any point during the hour before the sale starts.  You manage that by a separate Queue-It pre-queue.  People pretty quickly learn there is no point in having multiple sessions, so the number of people logging in = number of queue positions.

Getting everyone logged in and then into the queue proper between, say 07:15 and 08:15 should be a doddle really.  It would be pretty similar to how the queue goes down lightning fast once a sale is sold out.  Obviously, if you leave it late, like 08:10, before trying to log in, you are risk of not getting through the pre-queue to the login process, and then on to the queue proper, but you'd presumably only make that mistake once.

Of course, a system that gives every member just one entry in the Queue-It lottery might be a scary for some.  But no-one could argue about its fairness.

I can't remember that far back, they'd need a queue for the login to the queue then, seems a bit long winded for a better experience

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3861 on: September 12, 2022, 04:58:45 pm »

i think they've coded it wrong to what their intentions were, personally, but doesn't impact me to care enough to raise it lol
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3862 on: September 12, 2022, 05:01:39 pm »

they should try it one sale and i can foresee there'll be even more moaning when peoples' one logged-in positions time out or the server crashes. i don't think it's *that* simple personally.
YNWA.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #3863 on: September 12, 2022, 05:52:12 pm »
Are these games blocked from being transferred to non members. Myself, and someone else in the Friends and Family thread don't seem to be able to transfer to non members. Says they already have one. I double checked with my mate if somehow his son already had a ticket and he doesn't so I got my mate to attempt to send it to my daughter (who is 4 and definitely doesn't have one) so I am assuming the error is actually because they don't have a paid up membership.

Thought we would be able to transfer games to non members this season?
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #3864 on: September 12, 2022, 05:54:18 pm »
Ah, I think it's because they haven't 'purchased' a General Admission NFC Pass.

General Admission NFC Passes are required for stadium access for any non Season Ticket Holders and Members.

This includes:

Priority Rights Holders who purchase tickets for home cup matches.
Supporters who purchase tickets during any Local General Sale.
Non-Season Ticket Holders and Non-Members who have been forwarded a ticket.
General Admission NFC Pass are available here. Once obtained, the General Admission NFC Pass must then be downloaded to a smartphone by going to ‘Memberships’ section within My Account.

You will only need to download your NFC pass once at the start of Season 2022/23 and it will automatically update for any tickets you purchase or are forwarded.

To view the guide for an iPhone 6 or above, click here.

To view the guide for an Android/Google phone, click here.

Will try and get them to sort that now.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #3865 on: September 12, 2022, 06:50:48 pm »
Ah, I think it's because they haven't 'purchased' a General Admission NFC Pass.

Will try and get them to sort that now.
Their NFC pass will be all in grey when you do transfer it. Just to forewarn them!
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Online walterwhite

• Kopite
« Reply #3866 on: September 12, 2022, 06:55:09 pm »
Any drop backs since this morning? Trying to sort a mate.

just picked one in U2 there dunno where it came from its odd been nothing all day

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3867 on: September 12, 2022, 07:07:29 pm »
So many people kicking off that they can't attend the odd midweek game but want to retain loyalty for later rounds. Just wrong. Those that have attended all fixtures should get priority which would also reduce the odds for final tickets.

Yep. If you want to guarantee you keep the credit then just go the game, mad idea I know…

Offline RedMan2107

• Main Stander
« Reply #3868 on: September 12, 2022, 07:12:55 pm »
Does anyone know if you still keep your credit if you can't go and don't scan yourself in on the night ?

Offline cmccarthy81

• Anny Roader
  • c'mon no.19
« Reply #3869 on: September 12, 2022, 07:28:42 pm »
Yep. If you want to guarantee you keep the credit then just go the game, mad idea I know…

I'm away for rangers (family gig - booked 9 months ago) - there has to be 1 forward allowed on ACS? If away (holiday/work) for the groups this season, chances were it could fall on a matchday as so condensed.

Bit harsh to lose 10+ years euro loyalty? Perhaps not, but I think there needs to be one forward on ACS for lottery of the home match days?

Agreed how it works on the league games as the dates/weekends are pretty much set in stone on purchase.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #3870 on: September 12, 2022, 07:38:30 pm »
I'm away for rangers (family gig - booked 9 months ago) - there has to be 1 forward allowed on ACS? If away (holiday/work) for the groups this season, chances were it could fall on a matchday as so condensed.

Bit harsh to lose 10+ years euro loyalty? Perhaps not, but I think there needs to be one forward on ACS for lottery of the home match days?

Agreed how it works on the league games as the dates/weekends are pretty much set in stone on purchase.
I think the issue is a lot of the other 10+ year Euro loyalty is mainly based on passing most games on to keep that loyalty. If you have attended all over the ten years then I have no issue passing on one acs per season. If you need more than one then why are you on ACS? Champions league games are fairly set in stone in that you know the general period of the season that they’re happening. My friend had 6 years full Euro loyalty. He had been to four games in that time.
YNWA

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #3871 on: September 12, 2022, 08:41:31 pm »
The amount of tickets for sale on Twitter for the Ajax game is unbelievable, quite a number of them at FV as well. Many accounts have got multiple pairs for sale. People have obviously been able to jump on the ladder with no intention of going until the latter rounds if we’re successful, or to then cash in on the more lucrative games. The queue jump is alive and kicking!

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3872 on: September 12, 2022, 08:50:52 pm »
The amount of tickets for sale on Twitter for the Ajax game is unbelievable, quite a number of them at FV as well. Many accounts have got multiple pairs for sale. People have obviously been able to jump on the ladder with no intention of going until the latter rounds if we’re successful, or to then cash in on the more lucrative games. The queue jump is alive and kicking!

Exactly why credits shouldn't count if the ticket is passed on / card isn't scanned in.

Offline RedMan2107

• Main Stander
« Reply #3873 on: September 12, 2022, 08:53:16 pm »
Exactly why credits shouldn't count if the ticket is passed on / card isn't scanned in.

Do you still get the credit ? I'm having a nightmare my auto cup is down as 2 x young adults instead of 1 adult and 1 young adult , live chat aint no help at all so I'm stuck between blagging my way in with wrong ticket or not going aint missed a European home in 12 years either 😐
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 09:03:34 pm by RedMan2107 »

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3874 on: September 12, 2022, 08:54:42 pm »
Do you still get the credit ? I'm having a nightmare my auto cup is down as 2 x young adults instead of 1 adult and 1 young adult , live chat aint no help at all so I'm stuck between blagging my way in with wrong ticket or not going aint missed a European home in 12 years either 😐

You'll be fine. The stewards don't even check.
I'm surprised they haven't got in touch with you though after saying you had to buy the same priced ticket as the DOB on the membership.
Then again, if they'd done it properly they'd have set the system so you could only buy the correct product!

Offline RedMan2107

• Main Stander
« Reply #3875 on: September 12, 2022, 09:01:31 pm »
You'll be fine. The stewards don't even check.
I'm surprised they haven't got in touch with you though after saying you had to buy the same priced ticket as the DOB on the membership.
Then again, if they'd done it properly they'd have set the system so you could only buy the correct product!

Exactly mate , iv contacted live chat 5 times in 3 weeks and they have said we have requested it to be changed we will be in contact absolutely useless ! I have cancelled by bank card for the rangers game in the hope I can change it manually when it gives you the chance to buy it after initial payment don't go though.

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #3876 on: September 12, 2022, 09:43:57 pm »
I made the same mistake last season with my FA Cup autocup. I didn't realise until the first payment so got in touch with the club and they said they couldn't do anything but would check my account this season to make sure I wasn't taking the piss. Why would I tell them if I was??
Anyway I was never challenged going through the turnstiles so I reckon you will be fine.

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #3877 on: September 12, 2022, 09:49:31 pm »
They did say they'd cancel tickets bought under the wrong age bracket but haven't heard of that actually happening to anyone.

Offline RedMan2107

• Main Stander
« Reply #3878 on: September 12, 2022, 09:51:23 pm »
I made the same mistake last season with my FA Cup autocup. I didn't realise until the first payment so got in touch with the club and they said they couldn't do anything but would check my account this season to make sure I wasn't taking the piss. Why would I tell them if I was??
Anyway I was never challenged going through the turnstiles so I reckon you will be fine.

Yeh exactly the same with mine mate 🤦‍♂️ , I tried to do the right thing on several occasions but no help , May as well give it a try then.

Offline RedMan2107

• Main Stander
« Reply #3879 on: September 12, 2022, 09:53:04 pm »
They did say they'd cancel tickets bought under the wrong age bracket but haven't heard of that actually happening to anyone.

Iv told them 5 times on chat mate and not once has anyone said anything about cancelling my ticket or ACS , my worry was more getting stopped at the gate with the different colour showing up when scanned.