Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1767537 times)

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #14560 on: March 10, 2024, 11:07:29 am »
Make it hell!
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #14561 on: March 10, 2024, 11:09:24 am »
Can't see that atmosphere ever being topped.

Today has some of the same elements that the Chelsea game had. That feeling of being the underdog but  being the bigger club at the time. That feeling of wanting revenge for previous defeats. They all added to the melting pot.

It being a semi final of the Champions  League which we hadn’t won for 20 odd years made a difference. So did the fact it was a night game. It was also warm and sunny.

Today’s game is massive but 28th game of a league season is never going to  be as emotionally charged as a CL semi final. It’s not a night game either. Weather being rubbish won’t help either. Stuff like the coach welcome won’t be as big.

The atmosphere  will be amazing today but that Chelsea game is the ultimate bar.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #14562 on: March 10, 2024, 11:32:27 am »
Today has some of the same elements that the Chelsea game had. That feeling of being the underdog but  being the bigger club at the time. That feeling of wanting revenge for previous defeats. They all added to the melting pot.

It being a semi final of the Champions  League which we hadn’t won for 20 odd years made a difference. So did the fact it was a night game. It was also warm and sunny.

Today’s game is massive but 28th game of a league season is never going to  be as emotionally charged as a CL semi final. It’s not a night game either. Weather being rubbish won’t help either. Stuff like the coach welcome won’t be as big.

The atmosphere  will be amazing today but that Chelsea game is the ultimate bar.
much bigger crowd today, Jürgen’s last dance, you never know!!!!

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #14563 on: March 10, 2024, 12:33:52 pm »
much bigger crowd today, Jürgen’s last dance, you never know!!!!

That is a factor. 15k more could make a difference.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14564 on: March 10, 2024, 12:49:32 pm »
This stuff around Trent is all bluff. They’re shit scared of Anfield and want to give themselves some sort of edge and focus to concentrate on, when they know deep down, all it is, when talking about Trent, is something to take their mind off what scares them most - Anfield. Our ground, our fans, our noise - they can’t deal with it and are just babbling on abar Trent because if they didn’t, the nasty would come into their heads and they’d shit it.

Bring our noise people.

Had the misfortune to be walking the dog listening to the Friday social podcast and they had Noel the Tory on calling Trent a bit thick (fucking rich) and crowing over how he’s bezzies with the bald fraud. I’m fucking raging, if you’re not already bouncing off the walls today folks, listen to that.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #14565 on: March 10, 2024, 12:51:24 pm »
St Etienne/Chelsea can basically never be topped IMO. Probably our greatest ever win was the Barcelona one yet it wasn't really anything close to the noise in either of those. Context of what happens before/during the game is big of course, afterwards even. Chelsea '07 was incredible too but probably not remembered as fondly given we didn't win the final.

The league has seen far less amazing atmospheres in the last few decades that's for sure. There's always things to blame, playing relegation fodder on a miserable October day, fair enough, been guilty of it myself. If it can't be rocking today and hopefully the last five league matches under Klopp then there really is no point anymore.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #14566 on: March 10, 2024, 06:51:28 pm »
One for the ages that. Best since Barca which was needed. The 15 minutes or so after the goal was wild and it never fully died down. I was in lower Annie in the corner and we could see when Ederson was down that Micah Richards was trying to quieten us down and Carra was loving it. The FOAR just before that was the best we've had in a very long time I think. All 4 stands stood up screaming it. Looking forward to listening to it back. Just a shame we don't get the let off at the end for a winner- would have been crazy, but we'll save that for another day. Don't think City could cope with the noise second half. Barely kept possession, so many challenges in the midfield. Again, it shows how powerful the atmosphere, combined with the incredible work rate of the team can be. Best team in the world them and we looked as though we could score 4 against them. Gutting not to get the winner, but if you're looking for encouragement for the run in, there was plenty of that.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14567 on: March 10, 2024, 07:31:53 pm »
Proud of the main stand ultras today. Solid crew up there and gave it loads!

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #14568 on: March 10, 2024, 07:33:02 pm »
It was great in the upper Annie. The Annie started off a lot of songs and it was bouncing. Happy to swerve the kop for the upper Annie whenever now as it’s boss!! 

Should’ve got the winner but up the reds, we’re in this one together!!!

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #14569 on: March 10, 2024, 07:52:08 pm »
Spot on, well done us.

That shower of shithouse cheating mancs can only dream of putting an atmosphere like that together.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #14570 on: March 10, 2024, 08:06:16 pm »
A great YNWA too. Everyone in time, pausing for breath at the right moments and filling those lungs.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #14571 on: March 10, 2024, 08:14:35 pm »
Was brilliant in the Upper Anny tonight. Nice to see the stewards being a lot more relaxed in the second half too, makes a world of difference when you can stand up. The FOAR after the pen was incredible, best I’ve ever heard it.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14572 on: March 10, 2024, 08:25:08 pm »
Spot on, well done us.

That shower of shithouse cheating mancs can only dream of putting an atmosphere like that together.

Was hilarious when the first peep you could hear from their fans on about 20 mins was "where's your famous atmosphere?"
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14573 on: March 10, 2024, 08:30:08 pm »
Great atmosphere second half, ruined only by the crank steward intent on finding the person with the "flare" (it was a smoke bomb) in 205 / 305.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14574 on: March 10, 2024, 09:29:03 pm »
Third time in the Annie Upper and it was bouncing again. Highly recommend if you can’t get a Kop ticket. Hope it continues going forward.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #14575 on: March 10, 2024, 09:32:43 pm »
It was great in the upper Annie. The Annie started off a lot of songs and it was bouncing. Happy to swerve the kop for the upper Annie whenever now as it’s boss!! 

Should’ve got the winner but up the reds, we’re in this one together!!!

The upper Anny opening, and Jurgen announcement over leaving in the summer, has really raised the noise levels.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14576 on: March 10, 2024, 09:34:11 pm »
Upper Annie was brilliant again. Really enjoyed it :)

Online SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #14577 on: March 10, 2024, 09:57:44 pm »
A great YNWA too. Everyone in time, pausing for breath at the right moments and filling those lungs.

Definitely helped by the fact George didn’t fade it out - hopefully that carries on for the rest of the season now

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #14578 on: March 10, 2024, 11:29:38 pm »
Absolutely boss, no voice left now.

What happened with the coach greeting, did they come in a different way for some reason? Why would the club not want our players to experience it?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline bossjon

• Kemlynite
« Reply #14579 on: March 11, 2024, 09:18:13 am »
George must have read our thread, play YNWA all the way through, MUCH BETTER!
Good to see that FOAR got a good rendition as well.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14580 on: March 11, 2024, 09:28:04 am »
Great atmosphere second half, ruined only by the crank steward intent on finding the person with the "flare" (it was a smoke bomb) in 205 / 305.

Coughing my fucking guts up breathing in the smoke from that fucking thing.

Voice is gone today, I can imagine the face on Ped when they walked out to the noise of allez allez
Jurgen YNWA

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #14581 on: March 11, 2024, 09:47:56 am »
It the team can come out all guns blazing the first half like they have been the second half we can lift the roof off completely one of these days (and have 55k voiceless the next day) 😁

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14582 on: March 11, 2024, 09:55:39 am »
Definitely helped by the fact George didn’t fade it out - hopefully that carries on for the rest of the season now

Yes, made a massive difference and kept the ground at the same pace. Hope he continues this.

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14583 on: March 11, 2024, 10:11:54 am »
George must have read our thread, play YNWA all the way through, MUCH BETTER!
Good to see that FOAR got a good rendition as well.

Someone asked him on Twitter, he said that Peter Moore once told him off for playing it until the end, hence why hes nearly always faded it out.

It's amazing how much louder Anfield has been since the Upper Annie came in. I haven't seen City's heads spinning like that since the 2018 4-3, it's a shame we couldn't capitalise on our chances.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #14584 on: March 11, 2024, 10:19:35 am »
Absolutely boss, no voice left now.

What happened with the coach greeting, did they come in a different way for some reason? Why would the club not want our players to experience it?
I think I read that both coaches were re routed due to Police advice
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14585 on: March 11, 2024, 10:23:20 am »

Because of Trent’s explosive comments I think.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #14586 on: March 11, 2024, 10:24:25 am »
I'm sure it used to be pretty common for a loud FOAR while an opposition player was getting treatment, so was good to hear again while Ederson was down. Can be easy to get distracted and lose momentum in those moments, but was really good.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #14587 on: March 11, 2024, 11:13:16 am »
Was quite good for a league game yesterday. In fact, I'd say since Klopp announced he was going, it's been quite good in general even against smaller teams. Arsenal just before Christmas was good too. Best YNWA & FOAR for ages too. You can obviously tell City aren't really used to that and hopefully everyone by now long has the memo that the last five league games at home should be bouncing. I really like Ring of Fire making it's way back into the repertoire too and hope he continues playing it before KO.

Should be a bit more reserved on Thursday given the tie looks done and team will be rotated. Beyond that though hopefully two more big European nights under Klopp at Anfield.

Another reason I think it'd be nice to appoint Alonso is it'll really keep a lot of fans invested in the future so hopefully continues where this season should end off.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14588 on: March 11, 2024, 11:19:52 am »
Love it when Anfield is like that, proper getting on the back of the other team. City started superbly in spite of it, but when we were on top, definitely played its part in City looking as wilted as they did

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #14589 on: March 11, 2024, 11:21:59 am »

Thanks, I expected City's to be rerouted but seems a shame out lads didn't get theirs as well.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #14590 on: March 11, 2024, 11:41:01 am »
Looking forward to being 3-0 against Brighton only for their fans to sing "Where's your famous atmosphere?"

The atmosphere is usually there when it's needed - not usually during a game against lower-ranked home bankers.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14591 on: March 11, 2024, 12:23:07 pm »
Because of Trent’s explosive comments I think.

:D

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14592 on: March 11, 2024, 08:35:51 pm »
Love to see the Kemlyn up on their feet from the Kop.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14593 on: March 12, 2024, 11:34:10 am »
Definitely more flags appearing on the kop looked superb on Sunday, be great if that could keep growing in number.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14594 on: March 13, 2024, 01:30:14 pm »
Echoing what others have said; I was in the upper Annie and the atmosphere was superb. Think it’s actually my fav stand after the Kop now based on my experiences so far.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14595 on: March 13, 2024, 01:51:46 pm »
Excellent performance all round on Sunday. Looked great with more flags too. There’s no ground in world football that reads and interprets the game like our place and the ability to react and affect the stuff on the pitch is truly remarkable. It’s not manufactured or choreographed. It simply reacts accordingly to what’s being played out on the park. As others have said before me,  single episodes and key moments can be the catalyst to turn the place into one big fucking madhouse. A foul, or a shite decision. One kick is all it takes!! 
You can’t learn that or be taught it. It’s in our DNA, it’s hidden in the pillars at Anfield and under the soil along with the ashes of our late dads and granddads which were sprinkled around and near  the Kop!
The margins in such a high-level game of football like Sunday are minimal and any advantage needs to be used. We give the team that advantage and we are able to do it exactly when it’s needed.
But the fact that we don’t do it on a rainy 12 o’clock kick-off against Brentford shouldn’t be of major concern. We shouldn’t beat ourselves up about it and say that the Kop’s not what it once was. It’s there when needed and that’s good enough. And when it’s there, it’s the best in football.
What we do need though is a good hearty one-liner from the Kop when your Mickey Mouse teams give it the old ,”where’s your famous atmosphere?” nonsense . Something along the lines of the famous retort from the Kop to 1970s away fans who were mouthing bollocks, “sing something simple, you simple twats.” (The retort was brilliant and its tune came from an old BBC tv series “Sing Something simple).
A modern day equivalent would be great!

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #14596 on: March 13, 2024, 01:55:48 pm »
I'd like to hear the Kop sing "Where's our famous atmosphere?" in a brief lull after 15 minutes of classic, relentless, high-octane, ear-drum popping, super-sonic sound on a big European night. 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline pl_kop_1969

• Main Stander
« Reply #14597 on: March 13, 2024, 03:46:10 pm »
Echoing what others have said; I was in the upper Annie and the atmosphere was superb. Think it’s actually my fav stand after the Kop now based on my experiences so far.

I don't doubt it's my favourite stand after the Kop. To be honest, it has advantages over the Kop. My middle lad is 6'6" and he actually fits in the seat and you get a great view of the Kop. I'll probably do at least one cup in the upper Annie from now on each season.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14598 on: March 13, 2024, 04:25:06 pm »
I don't doubt it's my favourite stand after the Kop. To be honest, it has advantages over the Kop. My middle lad is 6'6" and he actually fits in the seat and you get a great view of the Kop. I'll probably do at least one cup in the upper Annie from now on each season.

And to be fair the Annie upperi actually think won the battle of the scarves on Sunday it had way more than the kop, we could get a bit of a stand challenge going here lol

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #14599 on: March 13, 2024, 06:12:29 pm »
And to be fair the Annie upperi actually think won the battle of the scarves on Sunday it had way more than the kop, we could get a bit of a stand challenge going here lol
The Kop looked great for flags, but very disappointing for scarves.

I'm glad the Upper Anny really seems to be taking off. It looks and sounds really good.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.