Author Topic: Anybody going to brussels?  (Read 22714 times)

Offline fcb olé olé

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Anybody going to brussels?
« Reply #160 on: October 10, 2005, 10:32:08 pm »
its not open as its being refurbished.

Isn't ready yet?
FREE MICHAEL SHIELDS

Pheeny

« Reply #161 on: October 11, 2005, 07:55:43 am »
Isn't ready yet?
the outside is.Now they've started on the inside!

Offline RobC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #162 on: October 11, 2005, 04:55:43 pm »
As we have a good Belgian contingent... maybe you'd be able to help me with travel and all that!

Is there some kind of travel card we can get that will give us enough journeys on the metro for a day (i.e. trip from Centrale to Heysel and back, and then a trip from Centrale to Anderlecht's ground and back).

They came from sunny Spain, to make us great again...

Offline fcb olé olé

• Main Stander
« Reply #163 on: October 11, 2005, 10:29:17 pm »
As we have a good Belgian contingent... maybe you'd be able to help me with travel and all that!

Is there some kind of travel card we can get that will give us enough journeys on the metro for a day (i.e. trip from Centrale to Heysel and back, and then a trip from Centrale to Anderlecht's ground and back).

I think there are travelcards for one day in Brussels, I found on a site that een daycard costs 3,80€! Not bad I think!

5 journeys will cost 6,50€; 10 journeys is 10€! So a daycard is the best option!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 10:30:52 pm by fcb olé olé »
FREE MICHAEL SHIELDS

Offline Wewonit6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: October 11, 2005, 10:32:42 pm »
Any definate places to avoid? I've heard a minority of Anderlechts lads can get rather rowdy.

Offline fcb olé olé

• Main Stander
« Reply #165 on: October 11, 2005, 10:47:08 pm »
Any definate places to avoid? I've heard a minority of Anderlechts lads can get rather rowdy.

Not sure about that, most people who live in the city of Brussels aren't Anderlecht supporters. They don't go to football games. Outside the city, there are more, but as it is a working day, I don't expect troubles. The supporters of Anderlecht live in all parts of Belgium.

We (Club Brugge, big rivals of Anderlecht) played the last 2 years the Cup Final in Brussels, and before the game we were at O'Reillys and at the Grand Place. We never had any problems. Police will also keep an eye. The only problem can be the tube I think after the game, when they lost!
FREE MICHAEL SHIELDS

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #166 on: October 11, 2005, 10:48:45 pm »
Rumours are they will keep Liverpool fans on seperate metro trains.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Wewonit6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: October 11, 2005, 10:52:23 pm »
Not sure about that, most people who live in the city of Brussels aren't Anderlecht supporters. They don't go to football games. Outside the city, there are more, but as it is a working day, I don't expect troubles. The supporters of Anderlecht live in all parts of Belgium.

We (Club Brugge, big rivals of Anderlecht) played the last 2 years the Cup Final in Brussels, and before the game we were at O'Reillys and at the Grand Place. We never had any problems. Police will also keep an eye. The only problem can be the tube I think after the game, when they lost!

Cheers mate

Offline Ali J

• U-Crane
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #168 on: October 12, 2005, 04:48:12 pm »
Rumours are they will keep Liverpool fans on seperate metro trains.

According to the information given out with the tickets "The authorities do not intend to implement any hold back of Liverpool supporters at the end of the match" so they'll have fun putting us on separate trains.

"however, this decision may be reversed for safety reasons". Maybe it depends what the score is....

Oh, and it also says "The Liverpool allocation is sold out and due to this situation there will be limited space for displaying flags. Any flags that cause an obstruction will be removed".

Offline redginge

• Main Stander
« Reply #169 on: October 12, 2005, 06:12:19 pm »

Oh, and it also says "The Liverpool allocation is sold out and due to this situation there will be limited space for displaying flags. Any flags that cause an obstruction will be removed".
[/quote]

So we can't tie them to the goal posts then?

Offline kopite-stu

• Anny Roader
  • The first and the last. Cardiff 01 & 06.
« Reply #170 on: October 12, 2005, 06:20:03 pm »
According to a bloke i work with, the grand place is very expensive for drinking. (just another way we will get ripped off). Where is O'Reillys, presume it's an irish bar. Sounds good to me ;D
Red for life

Offline fcb olé olé

• Main Stander
« Reply #171 on: October 12, 2005, 06:33:49 pm »
According to a bloke i work with, the grand place is very expensive for drinking. (just another way we will get ripped off). Where is O'Reillys, presume it's an irish bar. Sounds good to me ;D

That's in most big cities!

O'Reillys is in front of the Bourse, just take the tube to Bourse/Beurs.
Tube map: http://www.stib.irisnet.be/NL/31000N.htm

Here is the link of the Irish pub:
http://www.oreillys.com/Brussells/brussellswelcomepage.htm
FREE MICHAEL SHIELDS

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: October 12, 2005, 06:43:22 pm »
Grand place is expensive and then you say where's the irish bar. Bloody hell it'll be just as expensive.

Offline kopite-stu

• Anny Roader
  • The first and the last. Cardiff 01 & 06.
« Reply #173 on: October 12, 2005, 06:47:41 pm »
I wasn't saying that they will put the prices up for us. Its just another load of money to pay out. We all know we will pay it anyway, i'm just a moaner!! Ha Ha. Anyway the irsih bar looks great and it looks like there is plenty of places for flags and the like. Food looks great as well. Think you will find me in here most of the day.
Red for life

Offline fcb olé olé

• Main Stander
« Reply #174 on: October 12, 2005, 06:48:11 pm »
Grand place is expensive and then you say where's the irish bar. Bloody hell it'll be just as expensive.

If you want to spend the day in the city, then I think you won't find many bars offering cheap beer. It's the capital and it's very touristic, though it is still not as expensive as the city of Paris!
FREE MICHAEL SHIELDS

Offline fcb olé olé

• Main Stander
« Reply #175 on: October 12, 2005, 06:49:44 pm »
I wasn't saying that they will put the prices up for us. Its just another load of money to pay out. We all know we will pay it anyway, i'm just a moaner!! Ha Ha. Anyway the irsih bar looks great and it looks like there is plenty of places for flags and the like. Food looks great as well. Think you will find me in here most of the day.

Just watch the gallery, flags can be put all over the pub! :D
FREE MICHAEL SHIELDS

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: October 12, 2005, 06:49:55 pm »
No but if you trawl the back streets first you can find much cheaper places, and then you could go to the irish bar mid afternoon (which is what our lot are arranging - i.e. i know somewhere good 5-10 mins away)

Still plenty of bars in and around the grand place and the bourse where the irish bar is.

Offline fcb olé olé

• Main Stander
« Reply #177 on: October 12, 2005, 06:52:49 pm »
No but if you trawl the back streets first you can find much cheaper places, and then you could go to the irish bar mid afternoon (which is what our lot are arranging - i.e. i know somewhere good 5-10 mins away)

Still plenty of bars in and around the grand place and the bourse where the irish bar is.

That's true, in the smaller streets, it will be cheaper! But I think that the biggest part of the fans will group near the Grand Place of near the Irish Pub. It's always like that when there is a European game in Anderlecht or a game at the Heysel!
FREE MICHAEL SHIELDS

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: October 12, 2005, 07:00:33 pm »
That's true, in the smaller streets, it will be cheaper! But I think that the biggest part of the fans will group near the Grand Place of near the Irish Pub. It's always like that when there is a European game in Anderlecht or a game at the Heysel!

Correct but that will be mid afternoon onwards, until then a nice quiet decent draught or bottled belgian ale will be drunk slightly out of town for a couple of hours first. Might even try the 2000 + different ales bar again.

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #179 on: October 12, 2005, 07:22:15 pm »
wouldn't find me dead in an Irish bar in Brussels - so many decent alternatives elsewhere in the city.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Jimbo.

• Skint
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: October 12, 2005, 08:48:17 pm »
I'd love to be discussing what I will be drinking and which glorious establishments I will be consuming them in.
Some of the other lads who were gonna flog their tickets are having second thoughts now the confirmation's through and another who was deffo gonna flog his may pull out altogether, so I think I'm the only one from our lot who wants to swerve the game so if I get roped into paying the £57 to go to the match its the fucking offy for me.

Quote from: Dan_L
Chester is in chesirte, trasmneraeeeee is in wirral dfivo 1adand lpoolis merseydie lpoo2-1 everpuyokton |BluESHITE!!!!!!wert sr76yipeeeeeeeeeeeee113wt4aee

Offline ST202

• Main Stander
« Reply #181 on: October 12, 2005, 10:48:46 pm »
the question is where's the brass houses?

Offline Jimbo.

• Skint
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: October 13, 2005, 09:44:16 am »

And like the beer is it cheaper ouside the centre or if you look down the side streets for a cheaper establishment?
Chester is in chesirte, trasmneraeeeee is in wirral dfivo 1adand lpoolis merseydie lpoo2-1 everpuyokton |BluESHITE!!!!!!wert sr76yipeeeeeeeeeeeee113wt4aee

Offline stststst

• Anny Roader
  • We won it 5 times..
« Reply #183 on: October 13, 2005, 09:49:26 am »
Any more news on calls from the TO...?

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #184 on: October 13, 2005, 09:51:09 am »

The town hall has a big brass relief on the outside.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Jimbo.

• Skint
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: October 13, 2005, 09:52:59 am »
Can't wait for some brass relief.
Its been a while.

Offline Jim Price

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: October 13, 2005, 10:01:18 am »
And like the beer is it cheaper ouside the centre or if you look down the side streets for a cheaper establishment?

And like the beer does it taste more of fish if you look down the side streets for a cheaper establishment?

Pheeny

« Reply #187 on: October 13, 2005, 10:34:23 am »
Be very careful going into small cafe's in the side streets.You might bump into Jon Hall!

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: October 13, 2005, 06:56:25 pm »
Be very careful going into small cafe's in the side streets.You might bump into Jon Hall!

Hope Mr Guard hides your Brains beer well the night before otherwise i'm drinking it.

Offline bez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill!!!!!!!
« Reply #189 on: October 13, 2005, 07:59:56 pm »

Rough directions, but these are from memory.  If your in the grand-place, town hall behind you, as would central station roughly.  walk away from town hall and keep walking away about 400/500 yards down a few street you hit a main road through the centre like a ring road.  Bars opposite and a massive Irish bar turn right and about a 5 minute walk.  The main road splits like a one way traffic island, and their in that traffic island.

Someone put up a map and I'll be able to show you.
Oh W**ky W**ky, W**ky W**ky W**ky W**ky Warrington.

Betfair referal code 6TXMVXF6J. £25 free

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #190 on: October 13, 2005, 08:16:38 pm »
We are a team of one half.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: October 13, 2005, 09:40:56 pm »
quick question which i haven't seen answered elsewhere in european away section.

does anyone know if there is somewhere you can put bags (lockers) near the game or at brussels midi station or anywhere nearbyl.

also is it kick off at 5:45 local time as it is two hours ahead due to being one ahead usually and the summer time change thing ??

also how regular are the trains to amsterdam or amsterdam airport (schipol ?)

thanks in advance for any help.

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: October 13, 2005, 09:49:00 pm »
quick question which i haven't seen answered elsewhere in european away section.

does anyone know if there is somewhere you can put bags (lockers) near the game or at brussels midi station or anywhere nearbyl.

also is it kick off at 5:45 local time as it is two hours ahead due to being one ahead usually and the summer time change thing ??

Plenty of trains to Amsterdam and Schipol, around one every hour or two.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: October 13, 2005, 09:49:13 pm »
8.45 local time.

Dunno where you've got 5.45 from.

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: October 13, 2005, 09:52:42 pm »

No idea on lockers. Kickoff will be 8.45pm as they are one hour ahead of us.

Left luggage see here http://www.eurostar.com/UK/uk/leisure/travel_information/at_the_station/terminals/brussels_midi_zuid.jsp

Thalys trains here http://www.thalys.com/be/fr/welcome

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: October 13, 2005, 10:27:40 pm »
ta. i was looking at a 'worldtimezones' website and saw that "Current time zone offset:   UTC/GMT +2 hours" presuming that was the case. anyway that should of made it 9:45 kick off so i am clearly being very stupid. i haven't been sleeping enough!

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: October 13, 2005, 10:31:20 pm »
Plenty of trains to Amsterdam and Schipol, around one every hour or two.

do you think i will be able to catch one after the game? it says on the schedule that one was running at 22:46 but i can't make that, i think the last one was at two, i'll just check. anyway the thing is i haven't been able to buy the late ones online so i was wandering if they would still be running but i guess they'll be more regular if anything.

edit: thalys's website says the last train is at 8pm-ish but i saw on another schedule later trains. does anyone know which train company this is with if it isn't thalys?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 10:36:13 pm by classycarra »

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: October 13, 2005, 11:34:44 pm »
http://www.b-rail.be/main/E/ for Belgian rail

and sarcastically

www.google.co.uk finds all these are more

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: October 13, 2005, 11:36:40 pm »
Or amazingly enough, the European Rail Information thread, a mere six inches above this one.

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: October 13, 2005, 11:38:32 pm »
Or amazingly enough, the European Rail Information thread, a mere six inches above this one.

It's about two inches, hold on i bet that's what you tell all the girls.