Author Topic: Visiting Las Vegas  (Read 62410 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: Visiting Las Vegas
« Reply #400 on: May 11, 2017, 03:46:46 pm »
I stayed in the Aria for my honeymoon. i thought it was stunning. loved it

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Dublin Red

• Jehova, Jehova, Jehova
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #401 on: May 11, 2017, 04:14:00 pm »
Good to hear, have booked it! 3 night weekend in the middle of a 3 week round-trip roadtrip from LA.

Only problem is she wants to go see Britney :D I have gotten 3 NFL games into our schedule so might have to give in.....

We went to O in the Bellagio, by Cirque De Soliel... Thought it was great. Think we got discounted tickets as staying in the hotel.

Britney? Nah :D
What we achieve in life, echoes in eternity

Offline bobby19

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA !!
« Reply #402 on: May 16, 2017, 05:53:37 pm »
Heading to LV in September for my honeymoon and staying in Excalibur for 4 nights.
We are trying to organise a trip to the Grand Canyon and just looking to see who is best to book it through had a wee glance through the earlier pages and people have recommended the Sundance company.

Any other tips for must dos would be greatly appreciated no doubt will see a few reviews over the next few months  :)

Also any cocktail bars and restaurants which would be recommended are also welcome

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #403 on: May 17, 2017, 11:56:23 am »
Heading to LV in September for my honeymoon and staying in Excalibur for 4 nights.
We are trying to organise a trip to the Grand Canyon and just looking to see who is best to book it through had a wee glance through the earlier pages and people have recommended the Sundance company.

Any other tips for must dos would be greatly appreciated no doubt will see a few reviews over the next few months  :)

Also any cocktail bars and restaurants which would be recommended are also welcome

Been a few times, but the first time we went (me and the misses with another couple|) we done a helicopter trip over the Hoover Dam and onto the Grand Cannon. We had a Champagne breakfast over looking the Cannon, it was amazing. The company we used was Maverick Helicopter tours, we had one of the smaller ones with just the 4 of us in (which was really nice, as the pilot was really good at looking after us.
I would also recommend hiring a car (even if it's just for 1 day?) as there are some amazing places and scenery only a short drive out of Vegas. It is also nice to drive to the Hoover Dam and have a look around and read the information about building it. It is something else to actually stand in between the 2 time zones (and if you do go, read the story on a Plaque about the little dog that became a loyal Mascot to the workers while they were building it).

Offline Dublin Red

• Jehova, Jehova, Jehova
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: May 17, 2017, 12:32:49 pm »

Been a few times, but the first time we went (me and the misses with another couple|) we done a helicopter trip over the Hoover Dam and onto the Grand Cannon. We had a Champagne breakfast over looking the Cannon, it was amazing. The company we used was Maverick Helicopter tours, we had one of the smaller ones with just the 4 of us in (which was really nice, as the pilot was really good at looking after us.

Used Maverick myself before and found them to be great. Picked us up from the hotel etc as well, which is probably standard enough.

Also, on a different trip, we drove down to the canyon, over Hoover Dam etc which was a good trip, although it's reasonably long. We stayed in the canyon for a couple of nights though so it wasn't like we had to drive there and back same day. Well worth doing.

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: May 17, 2017, 12:37:41 pm »

Really depends on what type of trip you're after, there's many different sides to Vegas. I personally only ever stay on the strip, haven't ever done Grand Canyon etc. In terms of cocktail bars, The Foundation Room in Mandalay has been mentioned earlier would be a must for me on a honeymoon. Would also highly recommend the Skyfall Lounge in the Delano (connected to Mandalay Bay). You can't really go too far wrong with restaurants on the strip, Gordon Ramsay Steak is fantastic and my favourite is probably SW at the Wynn, the food is outstanding and if you sit outside on the terrace the setting is brilliant.

One of my favourite things to do in Vegas is very basic, just to walk the strip. Do it a few times every time I'm there and find new stuff every time, great place and you can't fail to have a great time.
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: May 17, 2017, 03:05:44 pm »
Used Maverick myself before and found them to be great. Picked us up from the hotel etc as well, which is probably standard enough.

Also, on a different trip, we drove down to the canyon, over Hoover Dam etc which was a good trip, although it's reasonably long. We stayed in the canyon for a couple of nights though so it wasn't like we had to drive there and back same day. Well worth doing.
  i think i used them and from gravyreds post it sounds like the same company i used

was 1000 dollars or so to be picked up in a shared limo and driven then helicoptered into the canyon for a champagne lunch and then a trip back down the strip followed by limo to the hotel.

that was 1000 between us by the way. You could save a few 100 by doing it by bus/car however doing it the way i said above meant i was picked up at 9am and back at my hotel by early afternoon. happy days.

pilot was a guy called fred, he was absolutely hilarious

Offline bobby19

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA !!
« Reply #407 on: May 17, 2017, 03:46:50 pm »
Gravy ref, Dublin red, ohweloveyourbaldyhead & Hellraxor thank you all very much I will def check your recommendations out - Greatly appreciated - as we are only there for 4 nights wanna make the most of it so that's why I'm looking advice as I probably won't b there long enough to do my own dandering about & finding the gems on my own

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: May 17, 2017, 03:55:28 pm »
Gravy ref, Dublin red, ohweloveyourbaldyhead & Hellraxor thank you all very much I will def check your recommendations out - Greatly appreciated - as we are only there for 4 nights wanna make the most of it so that's why I'm looking advice as I probably won't b there long enough to do my own dandering about & finding the gems on my own
4 nights was all i did. i usually dont splash out these days but it was my honeymoon.

have a blast

Offline Dublin Red

• Jehova, Jehova, Jehova
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: May 17, 2017, 04:33:03 pm »

that was 1000 between us by the way. You could save a few 100 by doing it by bus/car however doing it the way i said above meant i was picked up at 9am and back at my hotel by early afternoon. happy days.

Worth paying the extra few hundred to go by chopper if you've only got a few days isn't it?

Plus, I assume they still do the fly-by the strip on the way back which is pretty cool as well.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: May 17, 2017, 04:38:21 pm »
Worth paying the extra few hundred to go by chopper if you've only got a few days isn't it?

Plus, I assume they still do the fly-by the strip on the way back which is pretty cool as well.
they sure do

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #411 on: May 18, 2017, 11:55:03 am »
Did the chopper with group of lads last time we went - my mate puked so much during the flight the pilot asked should he land so we could put the puke down hahahahaha.

Driving and staying on the South rim this time instead!
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: May 18, 2017, 12:14:14 pm »
Need to go back. Its such an amazing place.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #413 on: July 24, 2017, 01:07:40 am »
Going here next year as part of a 11 night holiday with NY,Chicago and SF ,Staying in the Excalibur hotel

4 of us going, a couple and me and another mate, Me and the couple want to see the grand canyon , possibly by helicopter? is this the best/quickest way?  how expensive is it usually?

the rest i'll happily explore :) although i do want to do one of the zip lines

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: July 24, 2017, 08:42:48 am »
Going here next year as part of a 11 night holiday with NY,Chicago and SF ,Staying in the Excalibur hotel

4 of us going, a couple and me and another mate, Me and the couple want to see the grand canyon , possibly by helicopter? is this the best/quickest way?  how expensive is it usually?

zip lines are on fremont street so you know

the canyon by chopper was 1000 dollars for me and the mrs. limo to and from hotel, chopper and lunch in the canyon. took about 4 hours from door to door

could have done it for maybe 700 or less if we got a bus but didnt fancy an 8 hour round trip. as it was my honeymoon we splashed out.

Offline Hop

• Anny Roader
« Reply #415 on: July 24, 2017, 09:09:26 am »
I'm going in 9 days!

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #416 on: July 24, 2017, 04:13:20 pm »

Did you book all of that separately?

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #417 on: July 27, 2017, 09:24:51 am »
Did you book all of that separately?

Nope, was part of a package

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #418 on: July 27, 2017, 11:48:40 am »
Nope, was part of a package

Looking for SF/Vegas packages but can't seem to find many.

Can I ask what site/agent you used?

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: July 27, 2017, 02:47:02 pm »

i dont know what he used but i would try go hop

i booked my honeymoon with them (vegas/cancun)

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #420 on: July 27, 2017, 08:29:02 pm »

Thomas cook

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #421 on: July 28, 2017, 08:34:34 am »
Me and the couple want to see the grand canyon , possibly by helicopter? is this the best/quickest way? 

personally, I'd go for one of the small plane tours rather than a helicopter ...ive done both and the helicopter didn't compare to the thrill / noise / feel of the small aircraft...really added to the experience....and it's some experience
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #422 on: July 28, 2017, 09:34:12 am »
personally, I'd go for one of the small plane tours rather than a helicopter ...ive done both and the helicopter didn't compare to the thrill / noise / feel of the small aircraft...really added to the experience....and it's some experience
Was that expensive?

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #423 on: July 28, 2017, 10:26:02 am »
Was that expensive?

nah, just under a ton when i went - gone up a bit now, see link....get picked up from your hotel....round trip and a decent time in the air....loved it....

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/AttractionProductDetail?product=2538_H0037&d=1181568&aidSuffix=tvrm&partner=Viator
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: July 28, 2017, 06:52:49 pm »

i did the plane too

thought i was going to die

we must have gone on the windiest day in history - the plane was tossed around like a toy

The wife hardly saw the canyon - she was eyes shut, gripping the seat!

Enjoy though ;D

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #425 on: September 22, 2017, 08:33:04 am »
im hoping to do some of the attractions like up the stratosphere tower, the rides on top of that, and probably one of the zip lines

what's the best pass to get so i can do them all cheaply? any recommendations?

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #426 on: September 22, 2017, 10:41:12 pm »

Take a dirtbike tour or if you are with a group you can get a 4WD dune buggy. There will an argument who gets the driver seat though.

Offline JaimeREDnapz

• Main Stander
« Reply #427 on: September 27, 2017, 11:58:15 am »

http://www.myamericaholiday.co.uk/

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: September 27, 2017, 12:12:59 pm »
im hoping to do some of the attractions like up the stratosphere tower, the rides on top of that, and probably one of the zip lines

what's the best pass to get so i can do them all cheaply? any recommendations?

Id also suggest booking a table in the revolving restaurant mate.. One of the best dining experiences I've ever had.

So funny watching my missus go into the toilet next to our table then when she came out it was a totally different couple sat where she thought or table was and I was effectively over the other side of the room

The look of confusion on her face was priceless :)

And that ride that sticks out over the edge of the Stratosphere is insane!!

Offline Dublin Red

• Jehova, Jehova, Jehova
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: September 27, 2017, 12:49:30 pm »

I could hardly look at it, let alone go on it :D

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #430 on: September 29, 2017, 08:07:12 am »
Id also suggest booking a table in the revolving restaurant mate.. One of the best dining experiences I've ever had.

So funny watching my missus go into the toilet next to our table then when she came out it was a totally different couple sat where she thought or table was and I was effectively over the other side of the room

The look of confusion on her face was priceless :)

that's the one i want to go on, just wondered what i',m best doing, i think there is a pass for all the rides?

going to do the slotzilla zip line as well

Offline Huzey

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #431 on: September 29, 2017, 12:06:32 pm »
I think if you want the pass for all 3 rides you just have to buy it at the bottom of the tower rather than when you're up there.

We had our wedding reception in the 107 Lounge in the Stratosphere last month and a few of the guests wanted to do the rides so they went up there, only to be told it would be cheaper to go back down and get them. They were gone for ages because the queues for the lifts can be a nightmare so if you're definitely doing the rides buy your pass before going up.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #432 on: October 2, 2017, 08:20:00 pm »
Hope all RAWKites are safe.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #433 on: October 3, 2017, 03:08:31 pm »
Should be interesting there next weekend :-\
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline GOD-9

• Biff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robert Bernard Fowler
« Reply #434 on: October 26, 2017, 06:33:09 pm »
Heading in June for 4 nights with 5 mates (late 30's, most married with kids) staying at The Linq.

First time for 3 of us.

2 of us heading on to San Francisco for 2 nights at the end of it before flying home. Always wanted to check out Alcatraz so its an opportunity to tick that off.

Really looking forward to it. Will scan through the thread but any basic info / help is much appreciated  :D
Youll Never Walk Alone

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: October 27, 2017, 01:43:18 am »
Heading in June for 4 nights with 5 mates (late 30's, most married with kids) staying at The Linq.

First time for 3 of us.

2 of us heading on to San Francisco for 2 nights at the end of it before flying home. Always wanted to check out Alcatraz so its an opportunity to tick that off.

Really looking forward to it. Will scan through the thread but any basic info / help is much appreciated  :D
got back from san francisco this week hence why am awake at 01:42. Stay the fuck away from an area called the tenderloin. I said oh how bad can it be? Yeah its bad. Its smackhead chasing you down the road cos you’re in the wrong neighbourhood bad.
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Dublin Red

• Jehova, Jehova, Jehova
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: October 27, 2017, 09:41:47 am »

First time for 3 of us.

Make sure you book Alcatraz in advance.

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: October 27, 2017, 01:04:09 pm »

First time for 3 of us.

What is it you're looking to do? Gamble? Party? Sightseeing?
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

Offline GOD-9

• Biff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robert Bernard Fowler
« Reply #438 on: October 31, 2017, 06:21:39 pm »
What is it you're looking to do? Gamble? Party? Sightseeing?
San Fran has been cancelled and doing an extra night in Vegas instead. Booked it all on Sunday and ended up getting a good deal at the Aria so staying there instead. Strangely, im not that into my gambling so defintely up for some ideas for other things to do during the day..... but if all there is left to do is party by the pool then so be it :D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 06:23:24 pm by GOD-9 »
Youll Never Walk Alone

Offline bobby19

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA !!
« Reply #439 on: October 31, 2017, 08:05:25 pm »
Visited in late September & can safely say the helicopter trip to Grand Canyon was my highlight

San Fran has been cancelled and doing an extra night in Vegas instead. Booked it all on Sunday and ended up getting a good deal at the Aria so staying there instead. Strangely, im not that into my gambling so defintely up for some ideas for other things to do during the day..... but if all there is left to do is party by the pool then so be it :D