Author Topic: Chelsea - schooled by Liverpool's kids  (Read 189047 times)

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chelsea - The Saudi money is just RESTING in Todd Boehly's Account
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2023, 06:30:46 pm »
At least Mudryk is still a headless chicken

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2023, 06:50:15 pm »
At least Mudryk is still a headless chicken
He drops well though.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2023, 06:54:54 pm »
Jimbo Pearce saying that the scummy Chelsea "fans" were singing the usual Hillsborough nonsense. I really hope that I live to see the day that Chelsea Saudi FC are wound up. They are beyond redemption, a seething mass of human sewage.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2023, 06:56:19 pm »
Jackson and Nkunku (when fit) will make one hell of a dynamic forward duo unfortunately.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2023, 06:56:51 pm »
Jackson was crap, will fit in well with the diving and begging for cards though.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2023, 06:58:35 pm »
I’m lost as to who half of their squad is these days.

Yeah didn’t know half those fuckers, which maybe makes me think it was a missed opportunity. They’ll probably improve as the season goes though. Depending on who else Chod signs for them.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2023, 07:03:44 pm »
1billion pound team my arse. They have about 3 players that might in most other Top clubs squads
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2023, 07:09:27 pm »
I really wanted Enzo to be terrible but he's good. Him alongside Caicedo is annoyingly good. Thankfully they'll neglect other areas of the squad to bring him in.

Levi Skrtel though. Nope.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2023, 07:10:38 pm »
Don't see enough goals in their side without another forward.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2023, 07:11:31 pm »
Did the camel caravan with the Caicedo money arrive yet? Or are we going to wait another week? Brighton look like proper mugs...

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2023, 07:15:28 pm »
Brighton look like proper mugs...

Yes, 100m profit off one player the absolute mugs.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2023, 07:16:04 pm »
Yes, 100m profit off one player the absolute mugs.
The deadline not being a deadline, mate.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2023, 07:17:10 pm »

You honestly think they are arsed as long as they get paid and make a profit, mate?

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: August 13, 2023, 07:18:24 pm »
Jackson was crap, will fit in well with the diving and begging for cards though.

Should've had a penalty off him and looked like having two left feet for finishing.

Had a laugh seeing oompah lumpah sitting with his mob pal Fat Tony though.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: August 13, 2023, 07:19:01 pm »

What do you expect them to do? They tried to force a move through and the player doesn't want to join us. We shouldn't have left our interest so late if he was our primary target.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: August 13, 2023, 07:20:20 pm »
You honestly think they are arsed as long as they get paid and make a profit, mate?
They are getting paid by us too. Chelsea will have a different bid structure, but not much more money. If Brighton hold on much longer, how do you think clubs will approach future deals with them?

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #136 on: August 13, 2023, 07:23:32 pm »
They are getting paid by us too. Chelsea will have a different bid structure, but not much more money. If Brighton hold on much longer, how do you think clubs will approach future deals with them?

More money is more money regardless, also if Brighton have the talent top clubs or any club for that matter will still deal with them to get that talent.

Most clubs know by now that players and agents hold most the power here.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: August 13, 2023, 07:27:04 pm »

Why wouldn't they?  Caicedo wants to go to Chelsea, and Brighton is fine with it provided Chelsea come up with an agreeable fee.  Chelsea have not done so.  If Caicedo wants to come to Liverpool, he'd be doing his medical right now.  Brighton can't force him to sign with us.  If they refuse to renegotiate with Chelsea, and Caicedo doesn't want to come here, they are left with an unhappy player (who's already stopped showing up for training) and risking their massive profit on him.  As much as Brighton would like to deal with us, they can't unless Caicedo wants to come.

Southampton threatened to report us over VVD, has that stopped clubs from dealing with us or us dealing with Southampton again?  No, because everyone has to act in their interest.
King Kenny.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2023, 07:28:05 pm »
More money is more money regardless, also if Brighton have the talent top clubs or any club for that matter will still deal with them to get that talent.

Most clubs know by now that players and agents hold most the power here.
Think of what we did, for example. We didn't enter a bidding war with Chelsea early on, because they could outbid us with ease. We smelled blood and went in only because Brighton set a deadline. Both Brighton and Chelsea valued the player at 100m, we bid 110m. That got Brighton 10m extra they weren't counting on. Had we known that Brighton's deadline is not a deadline, we would not have bid. That's what Brighton will be losing in the future.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2023, 07:36:54 pm »
Why don't these dickheads have a sponsor yet?
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2023, 07:41:14 pm »
Why don't these dickheads have a sponsor yet?

They were supposed to be sponsored by Paramount Plus, but the PL blocked the deal over fears that NBC (who have the U.S. rights to the PL) and other broadcasters would protest. They then agreed a deal with Stake but dropped it after a fan backlash. They haven't finalized a deal with Infinite Athlete, the start-up that was only formed a month ago and has links to Clearlake Capital and Todd Boehly.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2023, 07:42:53 pm »
Think of what we did, for example. We didn't enter a bidding war with Chelsea early on, because they could outbid us with ease. We smelled blood and went in only because Brighton set a deadline. Both Brighton and Chelsea valued the player at 100m, we bid 110m. That got Brighton 10m extra they weren't counting on. Had we known that Brighton's deadline is not a deadline, we would not have bid. That's what Brighton will be losing in the future.

You're ignoring the player's wishes.  We bid after Caicedo's camp indicated he'd be interested.  The thought is that we can work with Brighton on a bid and wrap up the deal with Caicedo and his agents.  But they clearly don't him here.  If we had known Caicedo didn't want to come here at all, we would've never bid, regardless of Brighton's deadlines or wishes or Chelsea.  We smelled blood not because of the deadline.  We smelled blood because Caicedo's reps indicated he'd want to come here.  But they reneged.  Regardless of Brighton's deadline, if it's true Caicedo does not want to come here, Brighton have no choice to keep talking with Chelsea unless they want to keep him.  Chelsea's game all along is to turn Caicedo's head so they can lowball Brighton.  Our bid threw a spanner in the works, but as long as Caicedo refuses to sign with us, Chelsea have the leverage, not us or Brighton.  The only way this changes is if Caicedo wants to come here or if Brighton are fine keeping an unhappy player.
King Kenny.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2023, 07:43:29 pm »

I get all that but Brighton can't force the lad to sign for us, LFC will be aware of how this all works they have dealt with enough footballers and agents. Also we don't know the ins and outs of this "deadline". Obviously we have been given the go ahead by Brighton and the players agent to go ahead, only to be used in the hope Chelsea would get their act together. Huge risk in my opinion relying on Chelsea with the amount of money they have spent at the moment.

The club will deal with Brighton again for sure.

The only people who no one will want to deal with is Chelsea.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #143 on: August 13, 2023, 07:45:16 pm »

I suspect Brighton and ourselves will be done dealing with Chelsea after this. I could see a few players getting clauses in their contracts preventing any future move to Chelsea in the same way Firmino had one stopping him from ever moving to Arsenal after what happened with Suarez

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: August 13, 2023, 07:53:55 pm »
Jealous that they got Fernandez.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: August 13, 2023, 07:56:38 pm »
You're ignoring the player's wishes.  We bid after Caicedo's camp indicated he'd be interested.  The thought is that we can work with Brighton on a bid and wrap up the deal with Caicedo and his agents.  But they clearly don't him here.  If we had known Caicedo didn't want to come here at all, we would've never bid, regardless of Brighton's deadlines or wishes or Chelsea.  We smelled blood not because of the deadline.  We smelled blood because Caicedo's reps indicated he'd want to come here.  But they reneged.  Regardless of Brighton's deadline, if it's true Caicedo does not want to come here, Brighton have no choice to keep talking with Chelsea unless they want to keep him.  Chelsea's game all along is to turn Caicedo's head so they can lowball Brighton.  Our bid threw a spanner in the works, but as long as Caicedo refuses to sign with us, Chelsea have the leverage, not us or Brighton.  The only way this changes is if Caicedo wants to come here or if Brighton are fine keeping an unhappy player.
I'm not ignoring the player's wishes. If you look back at my posts, I expect him to go to Chelsea since Kante was his childhood idol. And I wrote about my respect for that. Argued with with posters who called him money grabbing. I'm not writing anything against Caicedo here either.

My opinion is that if Brighton wanted to keep face, they should have told Chelsea "24 or 48h to match the bid", even if that's still wrong.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2023, 07:58:16 pm »
I get all that but Brighton can't force the lad to sign for us, LFC will be aware of how this all works they have dealt with enough footballers and agents. Also we don't know the ins and outs of this "deadline". Obviously we have been given the go ahead by Brighton and the players agent to go ahead, only to be used in the hope Chelsea would get their act together. Huge risk in my opinion relying on Chelsea with the amount of money they have spent at the moment.

The club will deal with Brighton again for sure.

Sure the club will deal with Brighton, never said we won't. But we won't be taking their "deadlines" seriously, neither would other clubs, which will eventually result in loses of potential revenue for them.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #147 on: August 13, 2023, 08:00:47 pm »
Sure the club will deal with Brighton, never said we won't. But we won't be taking their "deadlines" seriously, neither would other clubs, which will eventually result in loses of potential revenue for them.

I don't think the problem has ever been Brighton's deadline. The problem is Moises Caicedo, his agent and Chelsea. The PL/UEFA should look to clamp down on this going forward.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: August 13, 2023, 08:04:03 pm »
I don't think the problem has ever been Brighton's deadline. The problem is Moises Caicedo, his agent and Chelsea. The PL/UEFA should look to clamp down on this going forward.
Do you think that we would have bid if Brighton didn't set a deadline? I could be wrong, but I don't.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #149 on: August 13, 2023, 08:07:23 pm »
Shame we made life too easy for them for about the 6th straight league meeting in a row. I think they're a Europa League side at best this season. One home win since March ffs after spending that much
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #150 on: August 13, 2023, 08:07:30 pm »
Do you think that we would have bid if Brighton didn't set a deadline? I could be wrong, but I don't.

Given Hogan was reportedly quietly discussing a transfer with Brighton I imagine we would have

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: August 13, 2023, 08:08:59 pm »
Don't see enough goals in their side without another forward.
Nkunku was big miss for them

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: August 13, 2023, 08:12:43 pm »
Ah well.

Enzo is indeed good.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: August 13, 2023, 08:14:42 pm »
Given Hogan was reportedly quietly discussing a transfer with Brighton I imagine we would have
There was 40 days between Szoboszlai's signing and out Caicedo bid. Seems unlikely that we were working on it for more than a month but havent done anything earlier. It was talked more than a week before the bid, but we only put the bid in the last moment. Seems that this was the approach to win the bid by offering more than Brighton valuation, which we knew Chelsea will meet. Conjecture on my part, by I don't think we would have bid 110m after Chelsea bid 100m; that would be a bidding war we desperately try to avoid with any signing.

And now we are left hanging, which means we don't have the funds to bid for someone else...

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #154 on: August 13, 2023, 08:16:32 pm »

They will if they have no time to spend the money.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: August 13, 2023, 08:21:30 pm »
Nkunku was big miss for them

He's out for months, they'll need another striker to go along with £250m they're on about spending.

Offline Aeon

• Main Stander
« Reply #156 on: August 13, 2023, 08:27:47 pm »
The Blue Diarrhea.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: August 13, 2023, 08:30:22 pm »
The Blue Diarrhea.

I'm eating, you mofo...   

;D

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #158 on: August 13, 2023, 08:34:03 pm »
I am starting to think the agent thought he could use Liverpools interest as a bargaining chip with Chelsea to push up wages etc.
We were told he was interested, so we went in for him.
The fact we actually out bid Chelsea and had our bid agreed has backfired on the players camp in so much as Chelsea are struggling to beat the bid.
I think Chelsea will find a way to stump up a better bid but they are almost as much screwed by the player as we are.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: August 13, 2023, 08:36:17 pm »
They were supposed to be sponsored by Paramount Plus, but the PL blocked the deal over fears that NBC (who have the U.S. rights to the PL) and other broadcasters would protest. They then agreed a deal with Stake but dropped it after a fan backlash. They haven't finalized a deal with Infinite Athlete, the start-up that was only formed a month ago and has links to Clearlake Capital and Todd Boehly.

Their fans have morals? I’m gobsmacked they’d stand up for anything remotely redeemable, absolute sewage that they are.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."