Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Personally, I think its hard to criticise the defensive side of the midfield because structurally I think our defensive shape is off.

1. The forwards aren't marking it hard for the opposition to play out from the back

Which leads to

2. There are too many gaps in midfield to cover

Which leads to

3. Not enough cover for the defence

But regardless, there isn't enough recovery pace when Mac and Endo gets turned around. So we need more pace with the DM but the forwards have to do more to prevent the opposition playing out from the back.

We don't do this when we play City though we tend to be more cautious so it is intentional that we are so open and that is the most upsetting part. It feels like we've just been taking risks all season and not really adapted to fix the obvious problems that existed.
Ticket and Travel Info / Re: Members Sales
« Last post by MacKon on Today at 12:24:38 pm »
Around 250 tickets still up for grabs
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by wah00ey on Today at 12:24:19 pm »
Happens everywhere in modern football, Klopp applauding an anfield with 3 stands completely empty in his final home european game is one of the saddest things ive seen this season.

What a load of twaddle.  It wasn't definitely his final home European game was it?  Yes, it turned out to be but that's irrelevant.  We could have still ended up going through.  Apart from that, as has already been pointed out, your eyes were deceiving you.
Given his age, I dare not think what Ancelotti health would be like now if we got him back then.
Did hear one daft Manc supporting southern twat on the train up from Euston on Sunday going on about the whole "everyone bar xyz is up for offers" saying all clubs are like that, every player is available. Are they fuck, we're not going to entertain offers for 90% of our first team for example, neither would ADFC or Arsenal

At least Liverpool, ADFC and Arsenal would get decent offers if every player was available.  Who the fuck is going to want any of their players?  The best they can hope for is to get rid of the players with poor attitudes and cut the wages.
« Last post by Cusamano on Today at 12:21:26 pm »
I genuinely dont see a scenario how we dont challenge for the title, not being arrogant just this is the first summer were my expectations are raised to that level.
In the past when others said we should challenge for the title because we spent money etc etc i wasnt so sure, the process was still at the start. Now we are there, the players are reaching their peak, the manager is more experienced, and the board will back him.

This is the problem

3 seasons ago we were going toe to toe with city and playing fast exciting football.

You've had your best season in nearly two decades and had a very favorable injury list throughout the season and you will end up with nothing.

Its foolish to assume you will automatically be going toe to toe for the title at this stage next season.
« Last post by ScottishGoon on Today at 12:20:53 pm »
Yes. Arsenal (nice how you stick it on Wenger) sold to Man City when they were on their way up. So, knowing it that why did you throw that accusation at us?

You've been a snide all season. Happy to see you showing your true colours for all to see.

Mate, you poke and poke and poke, then when someone decides to give something back, they are 'snide' and 'showing their true colours'. Not just you but others as well.

I totally we're guests on a Liverpool forum, but your basically asking folk to accept the ribbing and not answer anything back that might offend you.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Klopp Template
« Last post by Suareznumber7 on Today at 12:20:48 pm »
And it’s been part of why for me Klopp himself had attempted to transition to a more controlled style of play - Thiago, inverting Trent, the signing of Nunez, they’re all indicative of a shift towards a higher possession and less ‘blood-and-thunder’ style of football …

Have we though?  We still don't seem to control the play very well and usually struggle to play out when we are pressed.  I don't know what the stats say but it seems to me like we still play fairly direct with a good number of long balls.  And then we always seem to be pretty wide open on losses of possession and have been gifting opponents good chances every game.  The stats may very well tell me that I'm completely wrong but it doesn't seem like we try to control games much at all. 
Andy Cole missed a one on one with keeper at the death in their game and ours had finished...fella had radio by us..heart in mouth stuff.

As our game went on crowd went from a weird none committal support to  usual levels as natural instinct took over.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10