Author Topic: Stoke 1 - 0 Liverpool (Walters) Sept 10th KO 3PM  (Read 85954 times)

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
Re: Stoke 1 - 0 Liverpool (Walters) Sept 10th KO 3PM
« Reply #1680 on: September 11, 2011, 08:47:55 pm »
Any good feelings I had towards Crouch disappeared when he moved because his England place was under threat.

Was that really the case ?
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1681 on: September 11, 2011, 08:50:11 pm »
I personally dislike Crouch for being a complete ingrate
Ok, why was he ungrateful?

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1682 on: September 11, 2011, 08:53:36 pm »
Gave an interview or two having a pop at Rafa for not playing him after leaving, failing to mention that he was a national joke before Rafa took a huge gamble in signing him, and advanced his career to a point he wouldn't have dreamed of. To my recollection anyway.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1683 on: September 11, 2011, 08:55:29 pm »
Gave an interview or two having a pop at Rafa for not playing him after leaving, failing to mention that he was a national joke before Rafa took a huge gamble in signing him, and advanced his career to a point he wouldn't have dreamed of. To my recollection anyway.

He cant play him after he's left , surely ;)
Is that what really happened or your interpretation of it ?
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #1684 on: September 11, 2011, 08:56:37 pm »
Any good feelings I had towards Crouch disappeared when he moved because his England place was under threat.

that makes you upset with him?  fucking pathetic

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1685 on: September 11, 2011, 08:57:01 pm »
He cant play him after he's left , surely ;)
Is that what really happened or your interpretation of it ?

My recollection. Wasn't really much to interpret from memory, it was an interview with the Mirror or someone

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1686 on: September 11, 2011, 09:09:32 pm »
To the idiots trashing Stoke's seats - Liverpool will have to pay for the damages.  :no
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1687 on: September 11, 2011, 09:12:05 pm »
Just watched the MOTD highlights. Seeing Suarez go apeshit demanding the ball 4 times during that crazy 5 shots on goal spell by Adam and Henderson is insanely funny, especially when he tops it off by going nuts when we get the corner.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1688 on: September 11, 2011, 09:14:06 pm »
To the idiots trashing Stoke's seats - Liverpool will have to pay for the damages.  :no

Yeah am sure that will make them feel guilty that. Couldnt care less Id wager.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline bootroom boy

• Kopite
« Reply #1689 on: September 11, 2011, 09:29:30 pm »
Can all the 'Glory Hunters' please Fuck Off!
People on phone ins calling for Carras head.
Doom and fucking gloom merchants evereywhere.
Suffered the first two home games sitting in the Kemlyn Road Stand ( Sorry, Centenary Stand)  and to be honest nothing has changed.
They moan when we lose, they moan when we draw, they moan when we win! There's no way of pleasing some people.
Yesterday was one of those games when nothing went right. We played well.
We'll play worse this season and win. Hopefully against both manc sides away and scrawn a last minute winner.
However, we'll play both off the park and beat them 3 or 4 nil.
Keep the faith!

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline TYong

• Anny Roader
    • Follow Me On Twitter
« Reply #1691 on: September 11, 2011, 09:33:59 pm »
Ok, why was he ungrateful?

StokieSteve,

Just my tuppence for what it's worth about Stoke in general and the match yesterday.

Fair play for winning. You scored more goals than us and that is what matters on the day.

My frustration with Stoke is that the main argument supposedly in your favour is that Pulis plays a certain way because that is playing to your strengths. Personally, I think this is a load of bollocks. True, you don't have the resources that we may have. I'm sure loads of Stokies are celebrating and defending your win by saying that we spent £20M on a Downing or Henderson and you spent next to nothing on your midfield but Pulis' style of football is negative and I don't think this will change even if you finished 6th or 5th and had more money.  It's overly direct, with 4 central defenders and no attempt to control the game or use the ball to win the match.  Lest we forget but two of your summer signings were Woodgate and Upson, centre backs.  He didn't go out and find someone at full back with a bit of pace and trickery who can also defend. He didn't go out and find a playmaking midfielder or a forward with predatory instinct.  He signed another defensive midfielder and another tall striker. 

What a lot of your fans seem to think (and I am good friends with two season-ticket holders at the Brit) is that this gives you more kudos when you do win games.  Sorry, but winning games playing like a bunch of shithouses doesn't deserve more credit.  Throwing yourself in front of 20 shots a match clinging on AT home isn't something that should impress you.  Let's be honest - you would be considerably prouder if your team actually set out to KEEP THE BALL. 

My point is that Pulis buys the players.  He tell them how to play.  He decides to play 4 centre backs.  He tells them to hoof it.  He tells them to defend deep and for 9 players to be in your penalty box whenever the opposition are in possession in your half.  He doesn't look to win games or if he does, he looks to win them through freakish long throws "because that is all we can afford" or such like.  And don't think that I can't appreciate the influence of a negative manager - we've had Houllier and Hodgson!

It's not like you set up one way for a top 4/5/6 team versus a team in the bottom four.  You have only achieved more than 50% possession in something like one match since you've been in the Premier League and I think that was against a newly promoted team this season. 

I suppose this is all irrelevant if you win matches but as other posters have mentioned, yesterday was a freak result for you.  What pisses me off the most is that some Stoke fans seem to think you deserved to win.  Let's be utterly frank, you deserved to get utterly shat on.  The fact that you didn't is more down to luck than anything else.  We missed our chances, granted, but you were played off your own park and for a bit of shit finishing, your fans would have been a split between shrugging and saying that you are never going to compete with another team's resources or arguing about why Pulis sets out his team to be so negative at home.  You defended gallantly but let's not forget that you did sod all else and if your fans want to continue believing that this is great then you'll be disappointed.  I even saw on Oatcake a mention for Begovic as MOTM.  He dropped and flapped at a number of high balls into his box and if Suarez had equalised at the end then people would have slagged him off.

I'm no bad loser but many Stoke fans appear to be bad winners.  If you win when you don't deserve to then you should admit it and not try to overly justify the method in which you win.  LFC were played off the park against Arsenal in the cup final in 01 and you won't hear us suggesting that we truly deserved it.  We got bloody lucky that day, had a huge amount of luck and took two chances which on most days wouldn't have gone in.  Some Stoke fans would do well to play down their wins when they get damn lucky.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 09:38:06 pm by TYong »

Offline Broken Accidental Stars

• Kopite
  • Gedites know who le vrai Roi is
« Reply #1692 on: September 11, 2011, 09:40:13 pm »

This kind of arrogance is why a lot of other fans hate us. Maybe Wimbledon should apologize for winning the FA Cup in 1988, because they didn't "deserve" to beat our pass and move style with their "anti-football". It's a legitimate style of play that doesn't break any rules, get over it. Personally I'd be bored to death if everyone tried to copy Barcelona.
"Inspirational quote on perseverance, unfinished business, and fighting the good fight."
- Gérard Houllier

The ship has been steadied, le retour du Roi est bientôt arrivé.
Hic iacet Gérard Houllier, rex quondam, rexque futurus.

Offline inexorably red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1693 on: September 11, 2011, 09:43:25 pm »
Just watched the MOTD highlights. Seeing Suarez go apeshit demanding the ball 4 times during that crazy 5 shots on goal spell by Adam and Henderson is insanely funny, especially when he tops it off by going nuts when we get the corner.
is funny, also loved lucas laughing at the pathetic goalie when he " took him out "
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.”

Offline inexorably red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1694 on: September 11, 2011, 09:47:07 pm »
This kind of arrogance is why a lot of other fans hate us. Maybe Wimbledon should apologize for winning the FA Cup in 1988, because they didn't "deserve" to beat our pass and move style with their "anti-football". It's a legitimate style of play that doesn't break any rules, get over it. Personally I'd be bored to death if everyone tried to copy Barcelona.
i agree, they parked the bus and we couldnt break them down,yes a few decisions went there way but we missed good chances, another day we would have beaten them and all this would be irrelevent,we are Liverpool and we have to show class in all ways
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.”

Offline TYong

• Anny Roader
    • Follow Me On Twitter
« Reply #1695 on: September 11, 2011, 09:47:08 pm »

You didn't really read what I said, did you?

I didn't say it broke any rules. I didn't say they should adopt a pass and move style or try to be like Barca.  The first thing I said was to congratulate Stoke on winning the match fair and square.  Did Wimbledon win another sodding thing playing the way they did?  No.  Will Stoke achieve anything playing the way they play other than freak results like yesterday?  Very unlikely.  What's the reason for that?  Pulis. 

Offline TYong

• Anny Roader
    • Follow Me On Twitter
« Reply #1696 on: September 11, 2011, 09:48:37 pm »
i agree, they parked the bus and we couldnt break them down,yes a few decisions went there way but we missed good chances, another day we would have beaten them and all this would be irrelevent,we are Liverpool and we have to show class in all ways

Wasn't really talking about that but carry on

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1697 on: September 11, 2011, 09:53:40 pm »
StokieSteve,

Just my tuppence for what it's worth about Stoke in general and the match yesterday.

Fair play for winning. You scored more goals than us and that is what matters on the day.

My frustration with Stoke is that the main argument supposedly in your favour is that Pulis plays a certain way because that is playing to your strengths. Personally, I think this is a load of bollocks. True, you don't have the resources that we may have. I'm sure loads of Stokies are celebrating and defending your win by saying that we spent £20M on a Downing or Henderson and you spent next to nothing on your midfield but Pulis' style of football is negative and I don't think this will change even if you finished 6th or 5th and had more money.  It's overly direct, with 4 central defenders and no attempt to control the game or use the ball to win the match.  Lest we forget but two of your summer signings were Woodgate and Upson, centre backs.  He didn't go out and find someone at full back with a bit of pace and trickery who can also defend. He didn't go out and find a playmaking midfielder or a forward with predatory instinct.  He signed another defensive midfielder and another tall striker. 

What a lot of your fans seem to think (and I am good friends with two season-ticket holders at the Brit) is that this gives you more kudos when you do win games.  Sorry, but winning games playing like a bunch of shithouses doesn't deserve more credit.  Throwing yourself in front of 20 shots a match clinging on AT home isn't something that should impress you.  Let's be honest - you would be considerably prouder if your team actually set out to KEEP THE BALL. 

My point is that Pulis buys the players.  He tell them how to play.  He decides to play 4 centre backs.  He tells them to hoof it.  He tells them to defend deep and for 9 players to be in your penalty box whenever the opposition are in possession in your half.  He doesn't look to win games or if he does, he looks to win them through freakish long throws "because that is all we can afford" or such like.  And don't think that I can't appreciate the influence of a negative manager - we've had Houllier and Hodgson!

It's not like you set up one way for a top 4/5/6 team versus a team in the bottom four.  You have only achieved more than 50% possession in something like one match since you've been in the Premier League and I think that was against a newly promoted team this season. 

I suppose this is all irrelevant if you win matches but as other posters have mentioned, yesterday was a freak result for you.  What pisses me off the most is that some Stoke fans seem to think you deserved to win.  Let's be utterly frank, you deserved to get utterly shat on.  The fact that you didn't is more down to luck than anything else.  We missed our chances, granted, but you were played off your own park and for a bit of shit finishing, your fans would have been a split between shrugging and saying that you are never going to compete with another team's resources or arguing about why Pulis sets out his team to be so negative at home.  You defended gallantly but let's not forget that you did sod all else and if your fans want to continue believing that this is great then you'll be disappointed.  I even saw on Oatcake a mention for Begovic as MOTM.  He dropped and flapped at a number of high balls into his box and if Suarez had equalised at the end then people would have slagged him off.

I'm no bad loser but many Stoke fans appear to be bad winners.  If you win when you don't deserve to then you should admit it and not try to overly justify the method in which you win.  LFC were played off the park against Arsenal in the cup final in 01 and you won't hear us suggesting that we truly deserved it.  We got bloody lucky that day, had a huge amount of luck and took two chances which on most days wouldn't have gone in.  Some Stoke fans would do well to play down their wins when they get damn lucky.
I agree that we had some luck, I also saw some brilliant defending by us, and some shit finishing by you. We won the game, you are not happy of course.
But I'll say it again, Tony gets results, in my opinion he's ten times better than Roy, even Houllier. Oh and if you are friends with a couple of Stoke season ticket holders, then tell them what you have just told me.

Offline TYong

• Anny Roader
    • Follow Me On Twitter
« Reply #1698 on: September 11, 2011, 09:57:36 pm »
I agree that we had some luck, I also saw some brilliant defending by us, and some shit finishing by you. We won the game, you are not happy of course.
But I'll say it again, Tony gets results, in my opinion he's ten times better than Roy, even Houllier. Oh and if you are friends with a couple of Stoke season ticket holders, then tell them what you have just told me.

Do you have any other opinion than that? Genuinely interested in what you feel your future holds with the set up you have and the way in which you play.

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #1699 on: September 11, 2011, 09:58:10 pm »
Thanks to all who responded nicely :) especially hesbighesred. Accept this result for what it is. I'm sure you'll get your revenge at Anfield.

On a side note, I can't understand some of your fans abusing Crouch and kicking the shit out of our chairs, ah well. Oh, and people from Stoke are nice and friendly mostly, can't understand the guy who said that they were very hostile.
I have a mate, a Liverpool season ticket holder who has been all over Europe and even as far as Japan to watch us play. He won't go to the Britannia anymore, hasn't been for the past 3 years on account of the racial abuse he has had when he has been there. No doubt from a small minority but its bad enough to have put him off going for good.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline TYong

• Anny Roader
    • Follow Me On Twitter
« Reply #1700 on: September 11, 2011, 10:00:57 pm »
I have a mate, a Liverpool season ticket holder who has been all over Europe and even as far as Japan to watch us play. He won't go to the Britannia anymore, hasn't been for the past 3 years on account of the racial abuse he has had when he has been there. No doubt from a small minority but its bad enough to have put him off going for good.

It's part of what makes the great atmosphere

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1701 on: September 11, 2011, 10:02:48 pm »
Do you have any other opinion than that? Genuinely interested in what you feel your future holds with the set up you have and the way in which you play.
Stoke is a club that is slowly on the build. I want our club to progress, move forward and eventually play football in a way that we don't get slated week in week out. But at the moment, it is what it is.

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1702 on: September 11, 2011, 10:04:01 pm »
Shame that mate, trust me, most Stokies are good people.

Offline TYong

• Anny Roader
    • Follow Me On Twitter
« Reply #1703 on: September 11, 2011, 10:05:49 pm »
Stoke is a club that is slowly on the build. I want our club to progress, move forward and eventually play football in a way that we don't get slated week in week out. But at the moment, it is what it is.

Fair enough

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #1704 on: September 11, 2011, 10:07:09 pm »
Shame that mate, trust me, most Stokies are good people.
I know they they are mate, I live in the area and know a good few lads who follow the Potters, sound lads all of them. Just an unpleasant side to some element who still seem to have a bit of a 70's mentality. You'd be better off without them, infact we'd ALL be better off without them.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1705 on: September 11, 2011, 10:10:14 pm »
I know they they are mate, I live in the area and know a good few lads who follow the Potters, sound lads all of them. Just an unpleasant side to some element who still seem to have a bit of a 70's mentality. You'd be better off without them, infact we'd ALL be better off without them.
Totally agree mate.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #1706 on: September 11, 2011, 10:35:51 pm »

Don't think anyone is slating Stoke from a Liverpool perspective. Not my cup of tea and maybe you have spent enough to start moving away from the way you play but fair do's - you've done well.

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1707 on: September 11, 2011, 10:39:33 pm »
Don't think anyone is slating Stoke from a Liverpool perspective. Not my cup of tea and maybe you have spent enough to start moving away from the way you play but fair do's - you've done well.
Cheers mate.

Offline MartinSkrtelsBasement

• Kopite
« Reply #1708 on: September 11, 2011, 10:50:04 pm »
Soon Stoke willhave a very bad spell and suddenly 'good old reliable hoof ball' will not seem as certain as it does now. I'll bet my house on it.
Pirlo is a silent leader. He speaks with his feet.
—Marcello Lippi

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1709 on: September 11, 2011, 10:55:18 pm »
Soon Stoke willhave a very bad spell and suddenly 'good old reliable hoof ball' will not seem as certain as it does now. I'll bet my house on it.
Go on then.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #1710 on: September 11, 2011, 10:57:48 pm »
Pulis is doing a fine job at Stoke. Slowly building the club, cementing their place in the league and now just starting to buy a better standard of player which may allow them in time to expand their brand of football.

The reason we lost is not down to Stoke, it's down to the fact that we didn't pass the ball as well as we can do, didn't take our chances when they came and conceded a dubious penalty at a time when we were on top.

You have to be able to cope with this type of opposition if you want to win the league, we showed enough to say that on another day we will do so but for now it's on to Spurs.
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1711 on: September 11, 2011, 10:58:25 pm »
I heard some booing at half time from a few people. I wish these boo boys would just piss off and not go to the match.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #1712 on: September 11, 2011, 11:01:12 pm »
As much as i don't like 'em, you can't argue with the results Pulis and Stoke are producing.

Don't mind the Stoke fans either. StokieSteve seems like a top bloke too.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1713 on: September 11, 2011, 11:04:11 pm »
Pulis is doing a fine job at Stoke. Slowly building the club, cementing their place in the league and now just starting to buy a better standard of player which may allow them in time to expand their brand of football.

The reason we lost is not down to Stoke, it's down to the fact that we didn't pass the ball as well as we can do, didn't take our chances when they came and conceded a dubious penalty at a time when we were on top.

You have to be able to cope with this type of opposition if you want to win the league, we showed enough to say that on another day we will do so but for now it's on to Spurs.
I agree with everything you said with the exception of the dubious penalty, I thought that was nailed on. But you have a great team and will do great stuff this season.

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1714 on: September 11, 2011, 11:05:20 pm »
As much as i don't like 'em, you can't argue with the results Pulis and Stoke are producing.

Don't mind the Stoke fans either. StokieSteve seems like a top bloke too.
Thanks mate, I'm blushing lol.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1715 on: September 11, 2011, 11:06:09 pm »
I heard some booing at half time from a few people. I wish these boo boys would just piss off and not go to the match.
Yeah a few behind me booed at full time n all, bad form that.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #1716 on: September 11, 2011, 11:11:27 pm »
I agree with everything you said with the exception of the dubious penalty, I thought that was nailed on. But you have a great team and will do great stuff this season.

Maybe I should have said debatable then ;)

Carra had him by the waist but the lad did go down a tad easy, anyway that's by the by now.

I think we need a comeback to happen soon for the confidence of the current team/squad. When we concede first we are in trouble but a few turnarounds would breed the confidence we need to really push on.

From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1717 on: September 11, 2011, 11:14:09 pm »

Carra had him by the waist but the lad did go down a tad easy, anyway that's by the by now.

I think we need a comeback to happen soon for the confidence of the current team/squad. When we concede first we are in trouble but a few turnarounds would breed the confidence we need to really push on.
Liverpool are going to do great stuff this season. Don't worry about the game at the Brit.

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1718 on: September 11, 2011, 11:16:00 pm »
Just watching last night's match of the day now (did watch the game last night but this is my first second look).

We definitely should have had the first half penalty.
The Stoke penalty looks so much worse in the slow-motion angle but when you watch it in real-time it's ridiculous how quickly Walters hits the deck.
The one late on - not for me.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1719 on: September 11, 2011, 11:16:01 pm »

That's a good point, I'm struggling to remember the last time we came from behind and won a game?