Author Topic: Louis Van Gaal was the Manager of Mourinho United  (Read 3896251 times)

Offline OldBloke

• Kopite
  • In the 5th, my ass goes down.
Re: Louis Van Gaal is the Manager of Manchester United
« Reply #160 on: May 19, 2014, 04:21:19 pm »
Avie Glazer said: "Louis joins us at an exciting time and has already communicated some great ideas for how the club can move forward."

I shink we should try to come shixth?

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: May 19, 2014, 04:21:57 pm »
That'll be Giggs' time to shine ;)

:o  ;D
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: May 19, 2014, 04:24:33 pm »
Avie Glazer said: "Louis joins us at an exciting time and has already communicated some great ideas for how the club can move forward."

Looking for grounds to revoke Rooney's contract due to Moyes' mental incapacity.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #163 on: May 19, 2014, 04:26:06 pm »
On a more serious note...

For anyone interested:

"The objective creates the exercise, Part 1" by Louis van Gaal

"Dominant play,in my opinion,means that you are the team that decides the flow of the game", van Gaal starts to explain. "Meaning creating more chamber than the opponent,playing offensively and doing this based on technical and tactical capacity,whereby the will to win plays an essential role. You therefore assume an offensive rather than defensive organization. The core of this is that you decide what happens on the field; of course this is open for discussion,because when you play from a defensive organization you can also dictate to a degree,as you determine that the opponent attacks in a small space. This,however,is not dominant play,because you do not determine the situation in an offensive manner. I see dominant play as playing offensively and pressing on the opponent's half. This is my perception,as I believe you should always entertain the fans and the fans are,in my opinion,entertained when you play offensive football. Whether you are able to play dominant is of course dependent on the quality of your opponent,but even more on the quality of your own team. There are many great coaches who never received the recognition they deserve. They have booked great successes by getting optimal results with their team. This is however not always recognized by the outside world,because you don't win any prizes when you are not working with the top players.When you have always worked at the top it is easier to win the title than with,for example, AZ Alkmaar. Dominant play is also largely based on trust. Playing dominant football asks for quality players and for guts and trust to execute it.There are a lot of influential aspects surrounding a group of players.In order to attain good results these aspects must be balanced.Whether you eventually play dominantly is influenced by the players,the technical staff,the board and of course the fans and media. At an absolute top club this environment forms a more complicated factor than at AZ. When I signed at AZ it changed the environment surrounding the club.We are technically still a sub-top club,even though the media attention is rapidly increasing. The product football is a cooperation between the players,the technical staff and the medical staff. First of all there is the quality of the players,quickly followed by the quality of the coach.I think the coach is very influential in a team." He went on to talk about formations. "When you opt to play with a 1-4-3-3 you will,in my perception,have optimal field positioning.You can then decide whether to play with point (in midfield) forwards or backwards.A lot of teams nowadays opt to play with the point backwards,but I prefer to play with the point forwards. When you want to move one player up from the back there will be more room to do this when you are playing with the point forward.You automatically create more space to move up from the back. When you play with the point backwards you will have to create this space by moving out of the way.The beautiful thing about my choice of system is that it creates alot of lines.When you play with a 1-4-4-2 you have a flat four in midfield,creating only 3-4 lines. In our system of play we usually have about 6 lines. So from a mathematical point of view you are creating a lot more passing opportunities. Your positioning is not only better in attack, but also in defense. When you're playing with more lines it will be easier to constrain your opponent. It is always about occupying regions. Take Barcelona for example,they play with the point backwards in midfield. They pressure on the side of the ball with a lot of players and leave the other side free.Whenever you pressure the ball correctly,the opponent will never pass to the other side of the field anyways." He went on to speak about defending various situations. "The toughest situation for us occurs when we are playing against two strikers and we want to defend forward.This is due to the large spaces in the back,which makes the 1v1 situation very dangerous. Usually I will add a player in between.The problem then is that the spaces on midfield will become larger,so our number 10 will have to play in midfield.The result of this is that the opponent will have an extra player in defense and will outnumber us in that area 3v4.We will be playing in a 3-4-3 formation,whereby our number 10 is a fourth midfielder instead of a second striker.In this situation you will have to play with a different number 10."
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline 00jebus

• Kopite
« Reply #164 on: May 19, 2014, 04:27:21 pm »
I was desperately hoping for Roy Hodgson after the world cup

So was I, errr... purely to get them (dem?) back where they (dey?) belong, I assure any manc posters that I only want to see them where they belong, and the Hodge is wise as an owl, current England manager (and the FA don't just give that job away!) where he is getting the very best out of Welbeck and Rooney (1 in 2 his ratio is... thats better than at Man U...maybe? I dunno), and we all already don't like him, because we didn't deserve his majestic banks of 4, surely its destiny that he'll rides into Trafford on a spirited white charger, sunrise behind him, wind billowing in his hair, leading Man U back to the promised land, that we all know they are entitled too...

ahem.

Sounds like shitcoat will actually have some competition for most annoying manager of the year then?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: May 19, 2014, 04:27:46 pm »
Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal:

“This past season I made the players at AZ play from within their position in position games. The players and assistants never saw this before. When you are given a space in which you must operate you will automatically learn to communicate with your teammates and opponents within this space. You will, for example, tell 11 to only play in area 1 and 2 in a positional game and this is how you have everyone play
from within their own position By including goalkeepers you can train to build up. A coach must be creative with things like this. You can also just play across the right side, or the left side, or via a certain line.” It is not about the exercise, but about the objective. The objective must create the exercise. “You create exercises from the game situation. You look at what players do well and not so well and you emulate these situations in your practice."

http://www.ncsoccer.org/docs/education/coaches/u19_objective_creates_exercise.pdf
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 04:30:49 pm by Phil M »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: May 19, 2014, 04:27:51 pm »
With no Europe does FFP still apply this summer to them?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #167 on: May 19, 2014, 04:28:59 pm »
Better looking than Samie.

Offline No23isCarragher

• Kopite
  • Avise la Fin
« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2014, 04:29:36 pm »
Sounds great. 8)

Are you at all concerned by how he is going to be perceived by 'the media'? It would be a new experience for United fans backing a manager who may not get such an easy ride as his predecessors.

Ferguson used fear and bans to silence journalists who dared question him and Moyes came into the job with most wanting him to do well because he was British and many had been pushing him for a 'big job' for quite a while. Even now some still say he should have been given time. I realise I'm generalising a bit there but as has been mentioned, van Gaal has been known to be a bit prickly in press conferences and as I'm sure you've seen foreigners like Benitez, Villas-Boas etc aren't often afforded the same understanding as their British counterparts.
Twitter: @mal_kennedy
PSN: Malcove

Offline DAYDAY

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • We are the barmy Anny Rd army...na na nana nana
« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2014, 04:30:23 pm »
This will end up another David Moyes Thread i can just see it lmao

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 04:32:21 pm by DAYDAY »

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2014, 04:31:51 pm »
Argh what about the class of 92? Have the poor buggers have been told to sling their hooks?
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2014, 04:32:09 pm »
With no Europe does FFP still apply this summer to them?

No.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: May 19, 2014, 04:32:29 pm »
Are you at all concerned by how he is going to be perceived by 'the media'? It would be a new experience for United fans backing a manager who may not get such an easy ride as his predecessors.

Ferguson used fear and bans to silence journalists who dared question him and Moyes came into the job with most wanting him to do well because he was British and many had been pushing him for a 'big job' for quite a while. Even now some still say he should have been given time. I realise I'm generalising a bit there but as has been mentioned, van Gaal has been known to be a bit prickly in press conferences and as I'm sure you've seen foreigners like Benitez, Villas-Boas etc aren't often afforded the same understanding as their British counterparts.

Not at all, in fact i'm looking forward to him giving them hell if they cross the line.
When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2014, 04:34:13 pm »
Looking for grounds to revoke Rooney's contract due to Moyes' mental incapacity.

And Nani's!

Offline DAYDAY

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • We are the barmy Anny Rd army...na na nana nana
« Reply #174 on: May 19, 2014, 04:35:00 pm »

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #175 on: May 19, 2014, 04:35:37 pm »
For a better version of above interview, with diagrams:

http://www.ncsoccer.org/docs/education/coaches/u19_objective_creates_exercise.pdf
This suddenly becomes worrying for the opposition fans....

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #176 on: May 19, 2014, 04:38:05 pm »
Good manager, will see how he will do. Hopefully like Moyeseh

Offline No23isCarragher

• Kopite
  • Avise la Fin
« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2014, 04:40:42 pm »
Not at all, in fact i'm looking forward to him giving them hell if they cross the line.

Fair enough. It will probably depend on how well he does and I think he'll be a massive improvement on Moyes in most aspects.

A lot of people on here certainly loved how Rafa and Kenny could be short with journalists but looking back at times you realise that when it started going wrong it probably gave them a bit of an axe to grind when it wasn't going so well.
Twitter: @mal_kennedy
PSN: Malcove

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Red Cez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stop Fucking Moaning!!!!
« Reply #179 on: May 19, 2014, 04:43:53 pm »
Meh, decent appointment but won't last too long with the ego's at Old Trafford.

We'll be here again in a year or two listening to the Utd fans on here trying to convince us/themselves that their next new manager will be the one to get them challenging.
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

Oscar Wilde

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #180 on: May 19, 2014, 04:44:23 pm »
For a better version of above interview, with diagrams:

There's a world of difference between this sort of stuff and crossing the ball over 80 times.  I think he'll do well for them and his abrasive personality is being a little overstated on here because we're all desperate for it to kick off in their squad.  He's smart enough to keep a lid on it because this is probably his last shot at a massive club like Utd.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline ManchesterBlue

• Hologram fan with digital flag 'full members cup runners up 1986'.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blue Moon, you saw me standing alone
« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2014, 04:44:48 pm »

AG: "What ideas do you have for moving the team forward?"
Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal: "We should score more goals and concede less."
AG: "Brilliant. When can you start?"

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2014, 04:46:08 pm »
I welcome Zarniwoop, I'm sure he will be a benevolent ruler of the league.

From 7th to 1st in one season, they'll show us how its done.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #183 on: May 19, 2014, 04:50:08 pm »
Not exactly a long-term appointment, is it?

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: May 19, 2014, 04:52:43 pm »
Not exactly a long-term appointment, is it?

Long enough. Isn't Rodgers something like the 2nd or 3rd longest serving manager at a club in the league with 2 seasons under his belt?

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: May 19, 2014, 04:53:22 pm »
Think he will need time, not sure if he will get that luxury. once he does get the team he wants they will be dangerous.
Easy said than done though, Premier league most competitive league in the world, don't think he has ever faced the test he now faces.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Online TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #186 on: May 19, 2014, 04:55:25 pm »
Hopefully their Souness ie A fucking wrecking ball.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #187 on: May 19, 2014, 04:56:00 pm »
How the hell can Giggs be a #2 (lol) without a coaching badge?
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: May 19, 2014, 04:57:10 pm »
Easy said than done though, Premier league most competitive league in the world, don't think he has ever faced the test he now faces.

Taking over at Camp Nou from the late great Bobby Robson when they hadn't won the league for 3 seasons and Ronaldo left for Italy was no easy task.

Offline Red4Life1978

• Justice Rottweiler
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: May 19, 2014, 04:59:11 pm »
He went on to speak about defending various situations. "The toughest situation for us occurs when we are playing against two strikers and we want to defend forward.This is due to the large spaces in the back,which makes the 1v1 situation very dangerous. Usually I will add a player in between.The problem then is that the spaces on midfield will become larger,so our number 10 will have to play in midfield.The result of this is that the opponent will have an extra player in defense and will outnumber us in that area 3v4.We will be playing in a 3-4-3 formation,whereby our number 10 is a fourth midfielder instead of a second striker.In this situation you will have to play with a different number 10."

Doesn't that already give the top managers a heads up as to what his worst fear is - two strikers up top - and a way to already make him a reactive rather than proactive manager?
"it was not a failure of the system in operation, but a failure of the Police to operate the system at all."

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: May 19, 2014, 05:04:37 pm »
Doesn't that already give the top managers a heads up as to what his worst fear is - two strikers up top - and a way to already make him a reactive rather than proactive manager?

It's fairly standard thinking. Unless a team has 10 superior 1v1 players, you're always going to lose a player somewhere. Usually, the acceptable area to lose the player is up front. It's rare to see a team that wants to go 1v1 at the back. So there's always a numerical advantage somewhere on the field, as both teams always want to have a spare player at the back

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: May 19, 2014, 05:05:04 pm »

He was describing a particular situation given the players he had at his disposal. That's not his only way, or his most preferred way even. See the link posted earlier for a better idea of his philosophy.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: May 19, 2014, 05:05:42 pm »
How the hell can Giggs be a #2 (lol) without a coaching badge?

He has his A licence. He doesn't have the Pro Licence he would have needed to be the full time manager though. I suspect that's part of the plan. Van Gaal for a year or two while Giggs completes the course, then he takes over.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2014, 05:06:25 pm »
So ... he is meant to be a good manager but has only won 2 titles in 16 years?

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2014, 05:13:06 pm »
So ... he is meant to be a good manager but has only won 2 titles in 16 years?

4 isn't it? With some of that 16 years managing Holland.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: May 19, 2014, 05:14:59 pm »
This is an interesting interview Daniel Sousa (Villas Boas' assistant) did with Van Gaal in 2009 http://jeddavies.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Louis-Van-Gaal-interview.pdf
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Red Cez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stop Fucking Moaning!!!!
« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2014, 05:19:48 pm »
Taking over at Camp Nou from the late great Bobby Robson when they hadn't won the league for 3 seasons and Ronaldo left for Italy was no easy task.

As I remember it Barca were on the up at the time. Couldn't believe they moved Bobby on after the season they'd had. That squad had some truly world class talent in it.
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

Oscar Wilde

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2014, 05:20:23 pm »
Congratulations to Manchester United for winning the 2014-2015 Premier League title.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #198 on: May 19, 2014, 05:21:22 pm »
Man Utd will be fighting Spurs for 5th.

Spurs have a better squad, imho. Their new manager will have a slightly better summer , provided he's appointed soon as he won't be at the World Cup coaching a National Side.

Talk of one of the top 4 slipping up is newspaper talk.And i'm sure those clubs outside the top 4 will light up their forums with we can displace..Arsenal, LFC, Chelsea, or City all it takes is one to have an off year.

Chelsea and City have deep squads and will next season.

We will have a better squad to cope with four competitions but we also have the ability to get 90-100 goals again and that's more than enough to stay top 4.

And then there's the perennial Arsenal are the weakest of the top 4 and will slip up. Except they don't. And they only really had one striker fit this season. I'd suggest they'll improve that next season.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline RedInside

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2014, 05:22:17 pm »
Can't be worse than Moyes really, Europa league next season it is then.