Author Topic: The Concerts and Festivals Thread!  (Read 119427 times)

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Concerts and Festivals Thread!
« Reply #1000 on: May 18, 2023, 03:50:35 pm »
Going to see The Chats later, they toured here only a year ago so I'm surprised they are back so soon. Not missing them twice!
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #1001 on: May 19, 2023, 12:06:51 am »
Can highly recommend The Inspector Cluzzo, a French duo - guitar & Drums who also run a family farm as well as being one kick arse rock and roll band. Saw them with the always excellent EELS twice recently and they are back over in the Summer UK in November. Fantastic stuff and an amazing live show. As usual EELS were perfect too.

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1002 on: May 19, 2023, 12:27:46 am »
Can highly recommend The Inspector Cluzzo, a French duo - guitar & Drums who also run a family farm as well as being one kick arse rock and roll band. Saw them with the always excellent EELS twice recently and they are back over in the Summer UK in November. Fantastic stuff and an amazing live show. As usual EELS were perfect too.

Caught the Albert Hall gig myself, and couldn't agree with you more.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1003 on: May 19, 2023, 01:22:20 pm »
The Osees in Glasgow tonight. Been wanting to see them live for ages.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1004 on: May 23, 2023, 12:10:38 pm »
The Osees in Glasgow tonight. Been wanting to see them live for ages.

Go on, do tell. :D
I went last night in Dublin.
They are bloody relentless.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1005 on: May 23, 2023, 03:02:22 pm »
Go on, do tell. :D
I went last night in Dublin.
They are bloody relentless.

Relentless is a great word for them. Really excellent gig. I’ve got quite a few of their albums but still didn’t recognise most of the songs. Only played 1 of my top 3 (Nite Expo. The others being Plastic Plant and Nail House Needle Boys). My brother in law had never heard them but was really taken by the short punky ones. Excellent venue too. The support were Psychic Graveyard (I guess you saw them?) a couple of modules, cool drummer. Liked the music, not sure about the Frank Black wannabe singer.

Seeing Springsteen at Murrayfield next, which couldn’t be more different.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1006 on: May 23, 2023, 10:01:29 pm »
I liked the new punk set in the middle of the concert too, added variety. Overall not a minute I didn’t enjoy in four times I saw them live, last night was no different. Just a great, hardworking band, unafraid to experiment.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1007 on: May 24, 2023, 08:14:36 am »
Amazing how many gigs they play. The band are so tight now too. Dwyer is such a talent, amazing noise from his variety of pedals and he can even sing Bridget’s parts with his falsetto. Marc Maron interviewed him on his WTF podcast a while back if you can dig it up.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1008 on: May 24, 2023, 08:33:17 am »
I’m constantly surprised by his guitar playing. Especially when they go into those long, windy, Floyd-y inatrumental detours through a song. He makes noise melodic.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1009 on: May 24, 2023, 10:24:06 am »
Seeing them this weekend at Wide Awake. Top line up all in all: Gilla Band, Jockstrap, Alex G, Los Bitchos, Bug Club, Tirzah, lots of cool stuff, even if most of them have toured in the last year or two anyway.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1010 on: May 24, 2023, 01:34:57 pm »
I’m constantly surprised by his guitar playing. Especially when they go into those long, windy, Floyd-y inatrumental detours through a song. He makes noise melodic.

Playing Liverpool tomorrow night apparently.

I was surprised by the audience. Not just a bunch of geezers (like me) but mixed ages and genders and a bit hipsterish in part.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1011 on: May 24, 2023, 02:17:19 pm »
Was similar in Dublin.
Lot of kids, young folk of all kinds and obviously Gen X old fart rock dads like me.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1012 on: May 26, 2023, 07:28:31 pm »
Kicking off today,https://bostoncalling.com/.All a bit blaah.But the weather will be nice.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1013 on: May 31, 2023, 12:19:10 pm »
Springsteen at Murrayfield last night, the band as great as always. I thought his voice was very strong, decades of honing and hard work. This tour seems a little different, not taking requests, but playing the favourites. Showcasing the incredible other musicians, “The E-Street Horns” and “The E-Street Choir”, playing a few soul/jazz covers which I enjoyed but my brother felt was a lull.

The audience definitely skewing older now , with many boomer types struggling with the high stands. I saw one older lady going down the steps of our aisle on her backside. Not sure about Murrayfield as a venue. The trams were very well organised before and after the concert, but the park & ride was so full that people were parking on walkways, grass verges and even the side of the dual carriageway. I opted for the airport car park at £20 an unexpected expense. The tram was £7.50 one way, but very few bothered getting tickets for the return as we/they knew no-one would be checking. Oh, and lots of feather boa remnants. Thanks, Harry Styles!

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #1014 on: June 6, 2023, 01:25:25 pm »
Springsteen at Murrayfield last night, the band as great as always. I thought his voice was very strong, decades of honing and hard work. This tour seems a little different, not taking requests, but playing the favourites. Showcasing the incredible other musicians, “The E-Street Horns” and “The E-Street Choir”, playing a few soul/jazz covers which I enjoyed but my brother felt was a lull.

The audience definitely skewing older now , with many boomer types struggling with the high stands. I saw one older lady going down the steps of our aisle on her backside. Not sure about Murrayfield as a venue. The trams were very well organised before and after the concert, but the park & ride was so full that people were parking on walkways, grass verges and even the side of the dual carriageway. I opted for the airport car park at £20 an unexpected expense. The tram was £7.50 one way, but very few bothered getting tickets for the return as we/they knew no-one would be checking. Oh, and lots of feather boa remnants. Thanks, Harry Styles!

seeing him a week friday at villa - what time does he come on?

saw coldplay on sunday - marmite to a lot of people and chris martin the same but man they always put on a great show and are one fo the few bands that remember that the fans are there and are always engaging the fans and making them part of the show - cracking gig

...but the PUPPET thing? fuck me that was dire - the worst pile of shite i have seen at a concert

wtf?
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline ChrisOH

• Main Stander
« Reply #1015 on: June 6, 2023, 01:35:59 pm »
Seeing Porcupine Tree at Castlefield Bowl on 29 June.

First time seeing them live since I started listening to them circa 2005. Hopefully the sound quality is not compromised with it being outdoor and the weather holds off. Apparently they can all play just as good live as they have done over the past few decades so hoping for a special night.
Ye wha la.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1016 on: June 6, 2023, 02:08:47 pm »

saw coldplay on sunday - marmite to a lot of people and chris martin the same but man they always put on a great show and are one fo the few bands that remember that the fans are there and are always engaging the fans and making them part of the show - cracking gig

...but the PUPPET thing? fuck me that was dire - the worst pile of shite i have seen at a concert

wtf?

Sorry just saw this. Was on sharp at 7pm, no support. Played til just after 10. It’s pretty residential there, so I think a noise curfew was in place. I’m guessing. Going by past experience the gigs can vary in length.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #1017 on: June 6, 2023, 02:27:02 pm »
Sorry just saw this. Was on sharp at 7pm, no support. Played til just after 10. It’s pretty residential there, so I think a noise curfew was in place. I’m guessing. Going by past experience the gigs can vary in length.

thanks mate - good to know  :)
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1018 on: June 6, 2023, 02:46:51 pm »

First time seeing them live since I started listening to them circa 2005. Hopefully the sound quality is not compromised with it being outdoor and the weather holds off. Apparently they can all play just as good live as they have done over the past few decades so hoping for a special night.

Not been there before but got Pulp tickets for next month, hopefully good weather.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1019 on: June 6, 2023, 03:38:33 pm »
Not been there before but got Pulp tickets for next month, hopefully good weather.

Castlefield Bowl? Got a ticket myself. Glorious venue when the weather's good.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1020 on: June 6, 2023, 03:42:35 pm »
Castlefield Bowl? Got a ticket myself. Glorious venue when the weather's good.

Yeah, cannot wait :thumbup
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1021 on: June 6, 2023, 03:53:57 pm »
Yeah, cannot wait :thumbup

Went down in the crowd the first time I went, but realised last year that up on the bank is the place to be. Close to the bar and the toilets, but you lose nothing of the view because the site is wide & shallow anyway. Love it.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1022 on: June 6, 2023, 04:00:19 pm »
Went down in the crowd the first time I went, but realised last year that up on the bank is the place to be. Close to the bar and the toilets, but you lose nothing of the view because the site is wide & shallow anyway. Love it.

Good tip, cheers!

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1023 on: June 6, 2023, 09:08:20 pm »

Might see you there!

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1024 on: June 7, 2023, 02:58:51 pm »
Saw Wu-tang and Nas at the Ziggo dome in Amsterdam last night. Wu tang had a band on stage for a few tracks which was ace, they banged out all the classics and 20 odd thousand people were going mental. Brilliant.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1025 on: June 8, 2023, 12:14:31 am »
Not sure if anyones off to Download, but it sounds like absolute chaos getting in. People queuing in cars for 10 hours. Can’t imagine Wednesday’s the busiest travel day either. Rumours (no idea if they’re true) that the car parks are already full
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #1026 on: June 8, 2023, 10:55:21 am »
Saw Wu-tang and Nas at the Ziggo dome in Amsterdam last night. Wu tang had a band on stage for a few tracks which was ace, they banged out all the classics and 20 odd thousand people were going mental. Brilliant.

I'm going to London next week! Excited beyond belief, sounds like it was great concert there.

Were there many Wu members missing? I heard Meth hasn't been on the tour.
JFT97

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #1027 on: June 8, 2023, 01:45:02 pm »
The Black Keys are playing Manchester at the end of the month then doing some vinyl session from 11 til 4 after for free if ya can get yaself a free ticket (Link below)

Disco Puss Presents The BLACK KEYS Records Hang
The legendary BLACK KEYS bring their vinyls to the Pink Room room after their massive show at the Arena.

Thursday 22nd June 2023
YES Pink Room in Manchester
11:00pm til 4:00am (Last entry 1:00am)

https://www.skiddle.com/whats-on-beta/Manchester/YES-Pink-Room/Disco-Puss-Presents-The-BLACK-KEYS-Records-Hang/36372293/

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1028 on: June 8, 2023, 02:01:25 pm »
Not sure if anyones off to Download, but it sounds like absolute chaos getting in. People queuing in cars for 10 hours. Can’t imagine Wednesday’s the busiest travel day either. Rumours (no idea if they’re true) that the car parks are already full

Nephew and Neice went on a coach yesterday, left Bournemouth at 9am, at 4pm where close to Donington, go off the coach at 8pm
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1029 on: June 8, 2023, 02:45:04 pm »
Got a ticket to see Pulp tomorrow, setlist on this tour looks perfect so looking forward to it.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1030 on: June 8, 2023, 07:24:44 pm »
I'm going to London next week! Excited beyond belief, sounds like it was great concert there.

Were there many Wu members missing? I heard Meth hasn't been on the tour.

All there, Just Method man missing. Enjoy!.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2023, 08:08:21 pm by red1977 »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1031 on: June 8, 2023, 08:15:11 pm »
Got a ticket to see Pulp tomorrow, setlist on this tour looks perfect so looking forward to it.

Nice. Where’s that at?

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1032 on: June 8, 2023, 09:21:33 pm »
Nice. Where’s that at?

Outdoor gig in Dublin, Richard Hawley supporting. Looking forward to belting out a few anthems.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1033 on: June 9, 2023, 03:43:08 am »
Outdoor gig in Dublin, Richard Hawley supporting. Looking forward to belting out a few anthems.
Was going to go to that, but it's 9 miles or something outside of Dublin, just a bastard of a place to get to from the city centre where we normally stay, Radiohead at Marley Park was a fucking nightmare to get to and from.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1034 on: June 9, 2023, 02:18:42 pm »
Was going to go to that, but it's 9 miles or something outside of Dublin, just a bastard of a place to get to from the city centre where we normally stay, Radiohead at Marley Park was a fucking nightmare to get to and from.

Was that the 2006 gig? I was at that, said I would never go back to Marley Park again, haven't been since. Atrocious spot for public transport.

I'm taking the car this evening and heading early so should be grand.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1035 on: June 9, 2023, 02:25:02 pm »
Going Africa Oyé

Online Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1036 on: June 9, 2023, 02:25:10 pm »

This isn't in the same league as Marley Park - hate it as a venue, and the south side in general. St Anne's is nicer park and pretty much on the DART line for a start - 4 stops from Connolly. It's also less than 5km from O'Connell St walking.  Only issue is it's apparently 8 euro a pint and there are next to no decent pubs nearby.
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #1037 on: June 9, 2023, 03:32:43 pm »

I’ll be there too

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1038 on: June 9, 2023, 05:40:12 pm »
Was that the 2006 gig? I was at that, said I would never go back to Marley Park again, haven't been since. Atrocious spot for public transport.

I'm taking the car this evening and heading early so should be grand.
Yeah 2006, watched the Champions league draw in a pub in Blackrock then didn't make it in time to see Beck as a lorry took a bridge down delaying all traffic, 2006 and it was €6 for a pint of Budweiser, the only beer available, fuck Marley Park.

As for St Anne's, I was under the impression it was in Clontarf?, that quite a way out is it not?

Online Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1039 on: June 9, 2023, 06:33:06 pm »
Not at all. You're thinking of Howth.
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!