Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1048325 times)

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I always confuse Danny Mills and Ben Thatcher for some reason. Now it's easier to remember because Danny Mills is in "Barry"

Danny Mills

Weird bald fella, Les, from Vic Reeves Big Night out.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 06:36:48 pm by Kekuleyule y'all! »

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Danny Mills

Weird bald fella, Les, from Vic Reeves Big Night out.

Astonishing how somebody as thick as mince as Danny Mills looks even more fucking stupid with glasses.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
Why no Women on the list ? ... As they are all shite  ;D
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Astonishing how somebody as thick as mince as Danny Mills looks even more fucking stupid with glasses.

Looks like Eddie Hitler.

I remember my Dad coming back from Anfield once raving about how good he was (for Charlton in a 2-3 draw). The ignorant bald prick (my Dad, not Mills).

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals

So very true. Everyone of them. Kelly is sound though.

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.

I think some of the female presenters are amongst my favourites. I think Hazel Irvine is brilliant, Kelly Dalglish and Gabby Logan are also very good.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I think some of the female presenters are amongst my favourites. I think Hazel Irvine is brilliant, Kelly Dalglish and Gabby Logan are also very good.

Yes, although slightly balanced out by the terribly annoying Alex Scott, not a presenter I know but still.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
Even though he's a Man Utd fan, I think Mark Chapman is an excellent broadcaster.

Wish attention seeking hyperbolic blowhards like Jason Mohammed would take notice.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Andy Goldstein. Clueless, bitter, agenda driven gobshite. Unsurprisingly a Man United fan.

Trying to portray that we've "gone backwards" because we've got less points than last season and finished 4th when we once finished 2nd under Rodgers. Absolute wind up merchant.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Chapman is sound on the BBC NFL stuff. He seems alright on cricket as well. Be arsed about anything to do with football though.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Andy Goldstein. Clueless, bitter, agenda driven gobshite. Unsurprisingly a Man United fan.

Trying to portray that we've "gone backwards" because we've got less points than last season and finished 4th when we once finished 2nd under Rodgers. Absolute wind up merchant.

What’s his take on Mourinho finishing 19 and 24 points behind the champions in his two seasons whilst Van Gaal finished 17 and 15 behind then? Mourinho has been an utter failure if you use that single metric in isolation.

I bet he’s got all sorts of excuses for that though.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
From Garth's team of the week

Mohamed Salah: You can't score your 40th goal of the season and not make my team of the week.

Besides, it would be ludicrous not to recognise arguably the best footballer in the league the week before Salah goes head to head with De Bruyne at the PFA awards dinner. I will be there of course and the first on my feet to applaud the eventual winner. My money is on Salah.

------------------

I very much doubt it Garth, I'd be surprised if you could even get out of your seat

Garth hasn’t seen his feet for years!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
What’s his take on Mourinho finishing 19 and 24 points behind the champions in his two seasons whilst Van Gaal finished 17 and 15 behind then? Mourinho has been an utter failure if you use that single metric in isolation.

I bet he’s got all sorts of excuses for that though.

His argument was that Man United fans are currently happier than Liverpool fans because they've won stuff even though they are turgid to watch. He was also pushing the "Why does Klopp not get the same amount of stick as Pochettino for winning nothing" agenda, despite not taking into account that Pochettino has been in his current job 18 months longer. Clueless. 

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
I don't know what's worse of the BBC World Cup pundit selection, the video announcing them, or the actual pundits.
AHA!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Got in the car after our game on Sunday looking forward to some post-match interviews and stuff on 5Live, only to be greeted by the tones of that smart arse Jason Fucking Mohammed and a slobbering Robbie Savage

Both of them immediately waxing lyrical about how (their mates) Mark Hughes and Tony Pulis should not have been sacked from their respective positions and how they almost certainly would have kept Stoke and West Brom in the Premier League if they were given time.

Was really hoping for Kelly Cates and Ian Wright to be on as they are infinitely better than those 2 other clowns.  It's actually astonishing that the gulf in knowledge and presenting ability between the two sets of presenters can be so vast.

Turned it off and listened to some music instead. Wasn't having those 2 fuck-wits bringing me down on a happy day.

Hate them with a passion.  Mohammed more than Savage but it's close.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
I don't know what's worse of the BBC World Cup pundit selection, the video announcing them, or the actual pundits.

Lampard, Klinsmann and Ferdinand are OK. Drogba could be decent. The rest are just meh. Jobs for the boys. Miss the old days with the likes of Vialli, Leonardo, Seedorf et al.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44103384.app

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
ITV's team for the World Cup includes Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs, Roy Keane, Patrice Evra, Ian Wright, Lee Dixon, Eni Aluko, Henrik Larsson, Martin O'Neill, Slaven Bilic, Glenn Hoddle and Mark Clattenburg.

Bilic was great at the Euros, so good to see him back. Pretty good group all in all, with a couple of obvious exceptions. Hope they get Iain Dowie doing some commentary work, think he was great in France in 2016.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Oh ffs, I was hoping that Phil Neville having a new job would mean we would have been spared his abysmal punditry and soporific commentary, but no he's still in the bbc team for this.

Offline Mingles

• Kopite
Oh ffs, I was hoping that Phil Neville having a new job would mean we would have been spared his abysmal punditry and soporific commentary, but no he's still in the bbc team for this.

Got to pay the bills somehow...

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
ITV's team for the World Cup includes Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs, Roy Keane, Patrice Evra, Ian Wright, Lee Dixon, Eni Aluko, Henrik Larsson, Martin O'Neill, Slaven Bilic, Glenn Hoddle and Mark Clattenburg.

Bilic was great at the Euros, so good to see him back. Pretty good group all in all, with a couple of obvious exceptions. Hope they get Iain Dowie doing some commentary work, think he was great in France in 2016.

I am amazed no one has gone for Rudd Gullit, he is one of the best pundits and most interesting.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
Listening to the radio here, have it on about 2 minutes and Andy Goldstien has said "just quickly"about 4 times. He continuously says that, its bloody annoying 

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
So Phil, looking at the third goal now, where did Valencia go wrong on this one?

Huh?
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
But the most insufferable has to be that cock-dribble, Danny Mills. He's almost as clueless as Crooks, is vindictive and spiteful and has no discernable charm or charisma. His only qualification is that he once claims to have played football but there's no evidence of that. A total garbage-fire of a man.

This bellend was on Sky earlier spouting his bile. Having a pop at Karius and insinuating the Can was "leaving for better things". Prick.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Johnathan Pearce's commentry in that Germany v Sweden game was so shockingly bad. He is absolutely awful. Tries to sound all dramatic, but just sounds shit. Just doesn't have the voice for it. Wish he'd fuck off.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
Martin Tylers glee in mentioning Coutinho's 'dream' move from Liverpool to Barca is really boorish
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Ally McCoist has been a great addition, always asking questions, & getting to the point, without coming across as i played the game so know more than you, type, should be on comms more matches from next season, if he doesn't get any managerial appointments.
#Sausages

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
Ally McCoist has been a great addition, always asking questions, & getting to the point, without coming across as i played the game so know more than you, type, should be on comms more matches from next season, if he doesn't get any managerial appointments.

I've really enjoyed him. He's funny and has some nice insight, far and away ahead of anyone else. A lot of the younger ex-pros seem to take themselves far, far too seriously (eg: Jenas, Murphy) and some other ex-pros are just incalculably dull (eg: Keown, P. Neville).

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan

I think he's brilliant to be fair. I've heard him a good bit in the radio the last year or so, he's a right laugh at times. Gets his points across well too without over using cliches like many

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
Ally McCoist is brilliant. The kind of bloke you would very much enjoy working with I think.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
I've really enjoyed him. He's funny and has some nice insight, far and away ahead of anyone else. A lot of the younger ex-pros seem to take themselves far, far too seriously (eg: Jenas, Murphy) and some other ex-pros are just incalculably dull (eg: Keown, P. Neville).

I might be alone in this but Lee Dixon doesn't irritate the fuck out me nearly as much as I thought I would.

I wouldn't go as far as say I like him just yet. He's just not as detestable as his face made me think he would be.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Ally McCoist is brilliant. The kind of bloke you would very much enjoy working with I think.

I might be alone in this but Lee Dixon doesn't irritate the fuck out me nearly as much as I thought I would.

I wouldn't go as far as say I like him just yet. He's just not as detestable as his face made me think he would be.

Looks like we need a "2018 - Who is the best commentator/pundit? Get your votes in and I'll add them" thread ;D

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
Looks like we need a "2018 - Who is the best commentator/pundit? Get your votes in and I'll add them" thread ;D

That's not the thread for Lee Dixon. I want a "I thought he would infuriate the fuck out of me and I'd have to arrange for him to have a work related accident to spare me from him... but it seems homicidal intervention isn't required as he isn't nearly as fucking annoying as originally feared" thread.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
I’ve just had to vote for Chris Sutton. The man is annoying the hell out of me on radio 5’s World Cup coverage. What’s with affecting a sort of growl whenever he chips in on the co-commentary? Christ sake man just talk normally. He’s either growling trying to add extra drama or shouting like Alan Partridge.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2018, 10:45:58 pm by Red_Mist »

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
In Australia awful having to listen to Martin Tyler who I can’t stand & he’s got no co commentator so just constant waffle
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
In Australia awful having to listen to Martin Tyler who I can’t stand & he’s got no co commentator so just constant waffle

Cannot stand him but would swap you a Hoddle all day every day.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Cannot stand him but would swap you a Hoddle all day every day.

I actually don’t mind Hoddle too much, he will at least criticise an England player when it’s due rather than just be massively biased.

Online Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Mark Lawrenson was beyond awful doing the Sweden v Switzerland match, time for him to retire which should have been years ago, even the Echo site has an article on how bad he was.
#Sausages

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I actually don’t mind Hoddle too much, he will at least criticise an England player when it’s due rather than just be massively biased.
he will also say

Hoddle, 41, told the Times that people were reincarnated 'to learn and face some of the things you have done - good and bad.' He said: 'You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and half-decent brains. Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime. I have nothing to hide about that. It is not only people with disabilities. What you sow, you have to reap.'  the fucking scumbag 
« Last Edit: July 4, 2018, 02:14:59 am by JLStretton »
choose Life.

Online Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Heads up BBC1 10.45pm tonight special programme with commentator Barry Davies, who chats about his broadcasting career.
#Sausages

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan
I like Lee Dixon, doesn't take himself seriously at all. Doesn't feel the need to chime in every 30 seconds for the sake of it - if he sees something insightful he'll jump in.