Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2772087 times)

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #44560 on: September 26, 2017, 02:51:03 pm »
My kicker has been great since week 1. Usually my defense comes up big, but Panthers got stuffed. Zeke was great! My TE's suck though. Gonna try get rid of both of em.

Thank goodness you left Palmer on the bench ;)

Cavenaghi has the pace to lead their line
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44561 on: September 26, 2017, 03:19:34 pm »
Pleasantly surprised that Jerry Jones took a knee. Feels like a pretty brave thing to do...if I had to come up with a classic example of a staunch Republican establishment white male, then whoever the owner of the Dallas Cowboys is would be high on my list.
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44562 on: September 26, 2017, 03:23:39 pm »
Pleasantly surprised that Jerry Jones took a knee. Feels like a pretty brave thing to do...if I had to come up with a classic example of a staunch Republican establishment white male, then whoever the owner of the Dallas Cowboys is would be high on my list.
Pretty brave to do it on a nationally televised game, before the actual anthem. A cynic would say it was a self-serving gesture.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #44563 on: September 26, 2017, 03:33:11 pm »
Can't help but wonder if they'd have done the same in Arlington.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #44564 on: September 26, 2017, 03:42:02 pm »
It's mostly jumping on the bandwagon. Ask Jerry for a comment the next time a white cop shoots a black guy and I'd bet they won't take a knee in response.

Yes, it's nice that Trump's floundering brought this into focus, but it's never been about what people do during an anthem, it's about racism & injustice and no amount of kneeling changes that.

Players making their statement is one thing. Rich, entitled, white businessmen doing it smacks of free advertising.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #44565 on: September 27, 2017, 01:56:47 pm »
My Kicker just got placed on the IR list :(

Replaced him.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 01:58:46 pm by Chakan »

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44566 on: September 27, 2017, 01:58:24 pm »
My Kicker just got placed on the IR list :(

Has everybody you drafted got injured?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #44567 on: September 27, 2017, 01:59:15 pm »
Has everybody you drafted got injured?

Pretty much! Feels like every week i'm changing an injured player!

I remember this happening in the PL draft as well, so much so I started drafting people Liverpool were playing against, in the hopes they got injured.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #44568 on: September 29, 2017, 01:42:12 am »
GO PACK GO!!
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #44569 on: September 29, 2017, 01:57:14 am »
Never seen a team lose a game so quickly all through their own undoing  ;D This could get ugly.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Zend...en the clowns

• Legacy Fan
  • Likes BBQ sauce a bit too much..
« Reply #44570 on: September 29, 2017, 12:00:28 pm »
That hit on Adams was one of the worst i've ever seen.

Good TNF win that, will do wonders for the confidence of offense and defense and a good 10 day break. Run game still a bit of a worry but great to see cobb, nelson and rodgers in sync.
He posts in the day, he posts in the niiiiiiggghht,
That Zend...en the clowns, his timings just right.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44571 on: September 29, 2017, 02:27:08 pm »
That was horrifying to watch. I know that Trevathan probably didnt mean to tackle like that and certainly didnt want to cause that kind of damage, but it's unexcusable. It's about time the league takes a strong stance against that kind of hit. Contract termination/year long ban kind of stuff, not simply ejection from the game. It really is becoming more and more difficult to enjoy the sport knowing what we know about concussions, CTE and all the long term health damage done to players.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44572 on: September 29, 2017, 02:37:00 pm »
Green Bay fans who didnt interlock arms and who were shouting shite at the players, and there was a large lrge number of them are fucking c*nts. Shows that white america doesnt give a fuck about equality, Rodgers looked gutted whilst talkin about i, he was disappointed and credit to him for speaking on it

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44573 on: September 29, 2017, 03:35:31 pm »
Just watched the game. That call by the officials to say the ball was tipped (4th quarter with 3 mins to go) on a GB punt was comical to say the least. Not surprised they can't see properly, the officials are all like 95.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44574 on: September 29, 2017, 09:52:27 pm »
Dunno where to put this so hijacking this thread for a moment. Lets say a sport obsessive scouser is in san francisco on the night oakland play the chiefs would he be welcome in the raiders stadium? Bloke in work said they have a passionate fan base which is why I’d like to go and see what passionate nfl fans have to offer but he also said he wouldn’t hang round oakland for long due to a dodgy following oakland have. Personally I can’t see any americans being worse than some european teams I’ve been to.
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #44575 on: September 29, 2017, 09:57:13 pm »
Dunno where to put this so hijacking this thread for a moment. Lets say a sport obsessive scouser is in san francisco on the night oakland play the chiefs would he be welcome in the raiders stadium? Bloke in work said they have a passionate fan base which is why I’d like to go and see what passionate nfl fans have to offer but he also said he wouldn’t hang round oakland for long due to a dodgy following oakland have. Personally I can’t see any americans being worse than some european teams I’ve been to.

Dodgy following probably like us at Liverpool haha, he should be fine.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #44576 on: September 29, 2017, 10:01:27 pm »
I know of someone who went to a game in Oakland, and I don't remember seeing anything about him having any issues. He is a Raiders fan, but I doubt that made much real difference.

I've heard Oakland itself is a bit of a shithole, but I don't know how much of that is just hype. Besides, you could jus tgo to the game and fuck off afterwards. No need to stick around.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #44577 on: September 29, 2017, 10:04:52 pm »
How are the Dolphins shaping up this year? Saw the Chargers game but it's hard to judge. They looked poor but it was 1 game

Awful in offence lets put it that way, Gase needs to change his play calling, Last game against the scum was just embarrassing the players, Gase and rest of the coaching staff should've all been ashamed. He did seem like he was fuming Gase though and sources from the camp said he was still fuming on the Wednesday still. Big game needed on sunday and I'll be there supporting them again.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #44578 on: September 29, 2017, 10:35:38 pm »

Should be fine as long as he isn't an asshole. Id also avoid the black hole.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44579 on: September 29, 2017, 10:48:43 pm »
Just saw that dirty hit by Danny Trevathan on Davante Adams. Damn, absolutely disgusting. The fact that Trevathan wasn't immediately ejected is a joke.

As for this week, other than Rams-Cowboys, Raiders-Broncos and Redskins-Chiefs, there isn't a lot to for exciting watch imo.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44580 on: September 29, 2017, 11:46:16 pm »
Just saw that dirty hit by Danny Trevathan on Davante Adams. Damn, absolutely disgusting. The fact that Trevathan wasn't immediately ejected is a joke.

As for this week, other than Rams-Cowboys, Raiders-Broncos and Redskins-Chiefs, there isn't a lot to for exciting watch imo.

If Bradford plays, Lions/Vikings could be the game of the week
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #44581 on: September 30, 2017, 12:21:30 am »
Well if you decide to go give me a shout as I'll be strolling around the tailgate with a couple cans as I'm going to that game!

Didn't even give it a second thought, will of course wear some black to blend in but as a relative neutral never had bother at any game been to.
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #44582 on: September 30, 2017, 09:05:56 am »

Panthers @ Patriots  ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44583 on: September 30, 2017, 09:35:40 am »
Panthers @ Patriots  ;D
Nah, Pats win by 6 TD's ;D

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #44584 on: September 30, 2017, 12:45:19 pm »
Well if you decide to go give me a shout as I'll be strolling around the tailgate with a couple cans as I'm going to that game!

Didn't even give it a second thought, will of course wear some black to blend in but as a relative neutral never had bother at any game been to.

Check out the Bad Boys of BBQ at the tailgate  ;)

Jealous!
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #44585 on: September 30, 2017, 01:53:37 pm »

I went to a raiders game when I was over there, had absolutely no trouble. Watched them against the bears and even had some bears fans round us who nobody looked at twice supporting their team loudly.

We were warned off going by people in San Francisco as if we were going to a war zone but we didn't have a spot of trouble. Was a great laugh.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Mr F

• uckwit
  • Kopite
« Reply #44586 on: October 1, 2017, 02:51:50 pm »
What a time for Cutler to throw an INT :lmao
Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #44587 on: October 1, 2017, 02:53:08 pm »
still stealing a living. has been for years.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44588 on: October 1, 2017, 03:01:32 pm »
Great to hear from Nick Knowles

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #44589 on: October 1, 2017, 03:19:49 pm »
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Mr F

• uckwit
  • Kopite
« Reply #44590 on: October 1, 2017, 03:21:59 pm »
https://twitter.com/xmasape/status/914486718815928320

:D

;D

who'd have thought a game between a team with a poor offence and one with a terrible defence would be of such poor quality...

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44591 on: October 1, 2017, 03:31:03 pm »
This Saints game is boring.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #44592 on: October 1, 2017, 03:37:11 pm »
Dolphins last 2 drives ends with Cutler sacked on 3rd down.
#Sausages

Online jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44593 on: October 1, 2017, 03:39:10 pm »
Shite game thus far.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #44594 on: October 1, 2017, 03:41:20 pm »
Shite game thus far.

Penalty fest, but at least it isn't a blowout[yet] like last week.
#Sausages

Offline Mr F

• uckwit
  • Kopite
« Reply #44595 on: October 1, 2017, 03:43:54 pm »
Been an awful international series thus far. I'm just glad I decided to get tickets for the no doubt game for the ages (cardinals/rams)  :o

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44596 on: October 1, 2017, 03:44:49 pm »
Are these London games ever good?

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #44597 on: October 1, 2017, 03:47:59 pm »
This is comfortably the worst game I've ever seen. The commentators are openly mocking how awful it is.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #44598 on: October 1, 2017, 03:48:13 pm »
Most effective participant in this game has been penalty flag.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #44599 on: October 1, 2017, 03:48:14 pm »
Penalties on every play at the mo.
#Sausages