Author Topic: Stevie G v Brendan  (Read 27059 times)

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Stevie G v Brendan
« Reply #80 on: May 6, 2018, 01:36:31 pm »
How many players could Rangers loan from us anyway? What is the maximum limit when it comes to loaning from a single club?

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: May 6, 2018, 01:51:08 pm »

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #82 on: May 6, 2018, 02:01:12 pm »

I think football in England is just far more competitive. Scottish League probably resembles what you would get if you created a mini league from Man City, Wolves, a bunch of middling Championship sides, and a bunch of middling League One & Two sides.

Is there a place for Everton Newport County in this mini-league?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2018, 08:02:52 pm »
Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2018, 08:22:46 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44107718

First signing.  Any good?
scored against us earlier in the season didn’t he?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2018, 08:37:22 pm »
In his entire 3-season experience as a Premier League player, he contributed a goal or assist every 949 minutes.

So he'll probably halve that in Scotland.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2018, 08:42:18 pm »
In his entire 3-season experience as a Premier League player, he contributed a goal or assist every 949 minutes.

I think it's really hard to look at the data of Burnley players and imagine what output that would be in a dominant attacking side. In the same way as trying to get from Robertson 2016/17 to 17/18.

When I look at the numbers for Burnley players, they all look like Huth, Fellaini or Deeney based on which line of depth they are on the field to me. :D
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2018, 08:44:57 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44107718

First signing.  Any good?

Solid signing. From what I can gather, this was in the pipeline before Gerrard's name came up.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2018, 08:55:29 pm »
Average of 4 shots on target per goal. It's a typical Rangers signing. It's also a typical Celtic signing. Be interesting to see that battle (transfers) almost more than the football games!

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2018, 08:57:04 pm »
Average of 4 shots on target per goal. It's a typical Rangers signing. It's also a typical Celtic signing. Be interesting to see that battle (transfers) almost more than the football games!

Almost certainly! :D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2018, 08:57:57 pm »
The Forest player Cummings is another being linked with Rangers on a permanent deal. The fact they might be signing Forest rejects tells you everything you need to know.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2018, 09:03:09 pm »
The Forest player Cummings is another being linked with Rangers on a permanent deal. The fact they might be signing Forest rejects tells you everything you need to know.
Seen him play a bunch in the Championship, never liked him. Mate is a forest fan and says he has a tendency to stroll around the pitch when the rest of the team is working to get the ball back.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2018, 09:05:34 pm »
I wonder if the scout/transfer people are trying to get their players in before Gerrard takes the reins and gets control?

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2018, 11:06:44 pm »

What happens to the other half? Nicked by Mr. Touch?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2018, 04:02:12 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TmDXAOvkqzU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TmDXAOvkqzU</a>

I give it 2 games before Gerrard comes out of retirement at Rangers.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2018, 04:18:48 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TmDXAOvkqzU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TmDXAOvkqzU</a>

Imagine him in his prime in our midfield with Keita next season. What a player he would have been in Klopp's system.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2018, 05:04:51 pm »

The one the lad in the grey trackie pings in at 3.40 is Roy of the Rovers stuff :D
It's going to be hard for Stevie, like it was with Hoddle at England, in that he will undoubtedly be the best player on the pitch during training.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2018, 05:07:38 pm »
The one the lad in the grey trackie pings in at 3.40 is Roy of the Rovers stuff :D
It's going to be hard for Stevie, like it was with Hoddle at England, in that he will undoubtedly be the best player on the pitch during training.

If he's on the pitch during training, then he's doing it wrong.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2018, 07:39:23 pm »
Signing number 2 of the Gerrard era completed today, Allan Mcgregor rejoins on a 2 year deal after winning player of the year at Hull.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2018, 01:52:04 am »
I still say he should be a player manager

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2018, 06:40:32 am »
I still say he should be a player manager

What a player, if he had anything left in his legs I'd gladly have that.

The Scottish version of the gutter rag have him linked with moves for Skrtel, Lucas and Defoe, cant see any of them coming off. However, they've had a bid for Brighton Center Back Connor Goldson and also lo ked with young West Ham defender Reece Burke.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2018, 02:31:44 pm »
For a club at Rangers' current level, Arfield and McGregor with their significant English club experience fit right in, when it comes to what kind of players Stevie needs.

McGregor being a keeper at 36 and Arfield being about 30, both could easily be key players in Rangers side for a good four-five years if all goes well.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 02:41:45 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2018, 03:05:17 pm »
What a player, if he had anything left in his legs I'd gladly have that.

The Scottish version of the gutter rag have him linked with moves for Skrtel, Lucas and Defoe, cant see any of them coming off. However, they've had a bid for Brighton Center Back Connor Goldson and also lo ked with young West Ham defender Reece Burke.

Lucas Leiva? After the really good season he's had in Italy, he'll be good there for another 4 or 5 years the way he's going! 

The Skrtel one does keep cropping up though. Maybe there is something in that. 

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2018, 03:45:17 pm »
Lucas Leiva? After the really good season he's had in Italy, he'll be good there for another 4 or 5 years the way he's going! 

Wonder if they will hoover up any of the youth scholars who aren't offered deals?

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2018, 04:36:11 pm »
Fucking hell he hasn't even started yet and Gerrard has all the hallmarks of being an absolutely woeful manager.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2018, 04:37:25 pm »
Fucking hell he hasn't even started yet and Gerrard has all the hallmarks of being an absolutely woeful manager.

In what way?
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2018, 12:15:17 pm »

Yeah, your not the only one that thinks that way, even most Rangers fans are thinking the same. The Skrtel one is probably the one we need most, a proper defender in an area we are undoubtedly at our weakest. I would be very content to get say Skrtel & Goldson.

There's some Liverpool youngsters names that pop up, Adam Lewis being one. Also, some squad players such as Harry Wilson, seen Jon Flanagan's name mentioned as well. All just rumours so far.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2018, 12:16:30 pm »
Give us 10m for Harry Wilson and you can have him, otherwise he shouldn't set foot in Scotland. Way too good to go on loan there.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2018, 12:38:28 pm »
My biggest worry would be what happens for Rangers if this doesn't work out. Looking at the amount of staff Gerrard is taking up to Scotland with him, it gives him the best possible chance of success to be surrounded by people he trusts. If it doesn't work though, he is going to be gutting the club as the staff will likely go with him. Which makes it feel a little all or nothing.

Hope it works out if nothing else then because Scottish football desperately needs that level of competition at the top again. Until they get it, they will struggle for big TV deals, sponsorship and attracting top players like Laudrup and Larsson once more. There is just little to sell about Scottish football at the moment.

Offline Forbsie

• Aka Fourbees
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11th August 1977...Remember the Date
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2018, 12:43:21 pm »

...attracting top players like Laudrup...

Definitely hard when you can't pay them via an EBT or loan scheme that attracts no tax or NI ;-)
If Kenny Dalglish had simply played football for Liverpool he would be an Anfield hero. However, the fact that he managed the club to even greater success guarantees him the status of a legend.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2018, 12:43:52 pm »
My biggest worry would be what happens for Rangers if this doesn't work out. Looking at the amount of staff Gerrard is taking up to Scotland with him, it gives him the best possible chance of success to be surrounded by people he trusts. If it doesn't work though, he is going to be gutting the club as the staff will likely go with him. Which makes it feel a little all or nothing.

Hope it works out if nothing else then because Scottish football desperately needs that level of competition at the top again. Until they get it, they will struggle for big TV deals, sponsorship and attracting top players like Laudrup and Larsson once more. There is just little to sell about Scottish football at the moment.
the situation with back room staff happens at most clubs though and it's only 3/4 he has brought with him, Which is hardly out of the ordinary.

PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2018, 12:50:24 pm »
The Scottish media are sure at.

Defore, Skrtel and Lucas lol

How a club who had a turnover of £29 mil and are a loss making business would afford those 3 I do wonder?  The three would cost £10 mil all in alone.

https://torontolife.com/city/toronto-sports/jermain-defoe-tfc-the-list/

Point 1 rules Defoe out.

Have to get the gullible to buy season tickets.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 02:01:48 pm by puroresu_kid »

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2018, 03:42:19 pm »

How a club who had a turnover of £29 mil and are a loss making business would afford those 3 I do wonder?  The three would cost £10 mil all in alone.

Point 1 rules Defoe out.

It's such lazy journalism in my opinion, the same way we've been linked with pretty much every German player ever since we signed Klopp and as far as I can recall we've only signed Karius.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2018, 03:50:21 pm »
It's such lazy journalism in my opinion, the same way we've been linked with pretty much every German player ever since we signed Klopp and as far as I can recall we've only signed Karius.

Did i misread this - but aren't they floating the club on the stock exchange? Which would create some money for investment...

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2018, 04:46:42 pm »

Point 1 rules Defoe out.

That really doesn't matter anymore. Their last manager was Portuguese and I can see a lot of latins throughout their squad.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2018, 04:59:11 pm »

Point 1 rules Defoe out.

Can’t see Defoe leaving the states to go to Scotland or Rangers paying him enough  to leave  .

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2018, 05:30:17 pm »
Every lazy sports journalist in Scotland is in dreamland at the minute.

Gerrard + Liverpool player = tenuous transfer rumour

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2018, 05:31:23 pm »
Can’t see Defoe leaving the states to go to Scotland or Rangers paying him enough  to leave  .

You do know he's been at Bournemouth for a season?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 06:33:17 pm by ScottishGoon »

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2018, 05:42:49 pm »
Lucas to rangers :lmao

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2018, 05:59:01 pm »

Point 1 rules Defoe out.

While I don't think they will land any of them, there will be a wee bit money to spend.

I'd imagine there will be £6M-£8M to spend, plus whatever they make in sales. Guys like Windass, Tavernier and Morelos have already been linked with moves away which would raise over £10M themselves.