Author Topic: CL Final 2018 - Kiev  (Read 170407 times)

Offline mark_lfc_forever

• Lost his Poostation now has an iPoone
  • Legacy Fan
    • ebay.co.uk
Re: CL Final 2018 - Kiev
« Reply #240 on: May 4, 2018, 12:51:20 am »
Am I right in thinking that the Thomas Cook option when booking needs to be in the season ticket holders name/s? Or can you use the card numbers with the passenger on the flights name/s?
XBOX 360 GAMERTAG,HALSALL LFC

PSN GAMERTAG,HALSALL LFC

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #241 on: May 4, 2018, 05:04:36 am »
I'm considering driving there at this point. Anyone else in the same boat?

If anyone has any reasonable links to flights, (max 600), do reply. :wave
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: May 4, 2018, 05:14:54 am »
I get there on the 23rd and have a place to stay on the 23rd, 24th, 25th. Then nothing on the night of the game - then strangely the same place I'm in until the Saturday had a booking open for the 27th, so I booked that too for my last night there.

So.... guess I'm on the street for the night of the match.
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #243 on: May 4, 2018, 05:33:00 am »
Does anyone know if this is correct? I know they print the names on tickets but will they actually check ID's? Has anyone been to a final recently? Did they check ID's in Basel?

No you only normally get this for international tournaments
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #244 on: May 4, 2018, 05:55:08 am »
Hey lads!  The cost to Kiev from Kansas City plus tix and hotel is way over 4K. 

Anyone have a suggestion on where we might stay if we flew to Liverpool instead ---- it looks like City Centre hotels are all sold out. 

Looking for a place to stay in or near Merseyside that is safe, relatively cheap and is close enough to experience the city when we lift #6!!!

Would really appreciate any suggestions or place to avoid :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #245 on: May 4, 2018, 06:10:16 am »
Hey lads!  The cost to Kiev from Kansas City plus tix and hotel is way over 4K. 

Anyone have a suggestion on where we might stay if we flew to Liverpool instead ---- it looks like City Centre hotels are all sold out. 

Looking for a place to stay in or near Merseyside that is safe, relatively cheap and is close enough to experience the city when we lift #6!!!

Would really appreciate any suggestions or place to avoid :)

Have a look at Airbnb mate
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline claresy2005

• Anny Roader
« Reply #246 on: May 4, 2018, 08:06:38 am »
Never done a day trip for an away before, normally do longer  - a couple of Qs re world choice sports if anyone else is on with them-
Do they do transfers to/ from the airport as part of the package?
The return flight time is quoted as 1.30-3.30 am ,I assume this is the range for a ‘finish after 90 mins’ and pens. feels really tight to me - the 90 will finish at 23.40, so if the flight is at 1.30 it’s really tight. Obvious question but assume they push the flight times back to make it reasonable that everyone can board?
Do Day trips generally mean bailing as soon as the whistle goes? Wouldn’t want to miss the celebrations...

Nice one

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: May 4, 2018, 08:20:04 am »
Never done a day trip for an away before, normally do longer  - a couple of Qs re world choice sports if anyone else is on with them-
Do they do transfers to/ from the airport as part of the package?
The return flight time is quoted as 1.30-3.30 am ,I assume this is the range for a ‘finish after 90 mins’ and pens. feels really tight to me - the 90 will finish at 23.40, so if the flight is at 1.30 it’s really tight. Obvious question but assume they push the flight times back to make it reasonable that everyone can board?
Do Day trips generally mean bailing as soon as the whistle goes? Wouldn’t want to miss the celebrations...

Nice one

We have booked and yes it includes transfer from the airport to the center and then ground to the airport. I booked yesterday but haven't had final confirmation of timings etc they said these will be sent out in the next 4/5 days.

It is there own chartered flight, so no real issue of the timings be "tight"on the way back. However I would imagine it will be a case of make your way to the coaches at the end of the game to head stright back to the airport.
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #248 on: May 4, 2018, 08:24:41 am »
Qualify for the ballot but no way can I justify the cost of getting there and ticket on top. Gutted as I would love to have been there. No hotels available in Liverpool that night either which was another option so looks like I'll be watching it at home ☹
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #249 on: May 4, 2018, 08:34:35 am »
No you only normally get this for international tournaments
I have been to several Euros. Whilst my name has been on the ticket, I have bever once had my ID checked against the ticket.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #250 on: May 4, 2018, 08:41:06 am »
We have booked and yes it includes transfer from the airport to the center and then ground to the airport. I booked yesterday but haven't had final confirmation of timings etc they said these will be sent out in the next 4/5 days.

It is there own chartered flight, so no real issue of the timings be "tight"on the way back. However I would imagine it will be a case of make your way to the coaches at the end of the game to head stright back to the airport.

Says on there site no transfers to or from the airport. There is ones already set up by UEFA

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: May 4, 2018, 08:45:03 am »
Says on there site no transfers to or from the airport. There is ones already set up by UEFA

I was told on the phone the 2 dayer didn't include transfers but the day trip does.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2018, 08:48:08 am by Thomas »
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline harrythedog

• Main Stander
« Reply #252 on: May 4, 2018, 08:57:45 am »

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #253 on: May 4, 2018, 09:07:01 am »
I sent an email to TC last night and they've said this morning they don't have any plans to put a second flight on

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #254 on: May 4, 2018, 09:09:28 am »
I sent an email to TC last night and they've said this morning they don't have any plans to put a second flight on

the clubs official travel having 1 flight. if thats the case its probably funniest thing ive ever heard!!! im sure thomas cook will keep adding flights as long as they can get planes makes no sense not to

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #255 on: May 4, 2018, 09:11:20 am »
the sclubs official travel having 1 flight. if thats the case its probably funniest thing ive ever heard!!! im sure thomas cook will keep adding flights as long as they can get planes makes no sense not to

I know - unless they are just putting it out as an official line until other aircraft can be sourced  ???

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #256 on: May 4, 2018, 09:11:42 am »
That's what I got back

We are currently assessing the applications for travel made so far to establish the number of qualifying fans that have applied. We are also looking to source more aircraft to assist as many fans as possible.

Offline Istanbul Boy

• Main Stander
« Reply #257 on: May 4, 2018, 09:22:10 am »
TC will have had to guess at how many applications to take to fill a plane as travel all depends on whether someone gets a ticket via the club.

They may end up with spaces unless they have enough who applied that end up with a ticket through the club.  on the other hand, if they have too many for one flight, then they would need to fill a second plane.

Either way, I reckon there will be seats to be had with TC after the results of the ballot.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: May 4, 2018, 09:24:14 am »
It says "coming soon" on the website. Sure they will put more on.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: May 4, 2018, 09:32:05 am »
I was told on the phone the 2 dayer didn't include transfers but the day trip does.

On the link below it says it doesn't

https://www.worldchoicesports.co.uk/product-page/day-return-flight-from-liverpool

Return flight to the Champions League Final in Kiev.

Airport transfers will be provided by UEFA - we are awaiting further details.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: May 4, 2018, 09:53:41 am »
Cousin called TC last night and was told they would "satisfy the demand" by adding flights. Around 6pm the link became available again and I added to cart, but it then errored. Said something it no longer being on sale (a different error to the out of stock error), so guess in theory they assume the first flight is "full".

Not going to lie, I'm going to be on edge till next Friday.
YNWA.

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
« Reply #261 on: May 4, 2018, 09:53:43 am »
Good luck to those in the ballot -as long as I get one of course  ;D

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: May 4, 2018, 10:02:35 am »
An 18min queue to register for the ballot !!!!!

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: May 4, 2018, 10:03:22 am »
Has the site crashed for anyone else?

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: May 4, 2018, 10:03:38 am »

I am 12 minutes

Offline royabs

• Main Stander
« Reply #265 on: May 4, 2018, 10:13:10 am »

Probably lots of people logging going in for dead on 10am as tickets are allocated to the waiting list (if it gets to that) in chronological order.

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: May 4, 2018, 10:14:30 am »
Probably lots of people logging going in for dead on 10am as tickets are allocated to the waiting list (if it gets to that) in chronological order.

Not sure that's right is it?

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: May 4, 2018, 10:14:51 am »
I am in - now over to the Ballot gods.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #268 on: May 4, 2018, 10:15:04 am »

I don't think registering for the ballot determines the position on the waiting list, I think that is done when they do the draw.

Unless you've been told different
Legacy fan

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: May 4, 2018, 10:15:48 am »
Not sure that's right is it?

no its not right

the waiting list is drawn in the same way as the ballot IE you could get place one one the waiting list

The order refers to place 1-50 will get first shot at any left overs. its not a free for all for the waiting list.

It makes no odds when you register for the ballot at all

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: May 4, 2018, 10:16:11 am »
I don't think registering for the ballot determines the position on the waiting list, I think that is done when they do the draw.

Unless you've been told different

Just checked the details

SUPPORTERS WHO ARE ALLOCATED A POSITION ON THE WAITING LIST

Once the sale to supporters successful in the ballot has ended, any available tickets will be made available to supporters on the waiting list in chronological order.

Supporters added to the waiting list can find out if they are eligible to purchase by visiting Latest Ticket News from 10am Tuesday 15 May

"In chronological order". Maybe royabs is right

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: May 4, 2018, 10:17:07 am »
Just checked the details

"In chronological order". Maybe royabs is right

its just worded badly

for Europa league the waiting list was given an order and you were invited in that order

BUT that wording will have caused the queue for sure

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: May 4, 2018, 10:19:17 am »
essentially if there are 30,000 applicants in the ballot - everyone will be given a number 1-30,000.

if there are 7000 tickets available then the first 7000 IE 1- 7000 will be given "successful". 7001 - 30,000 will be given "waiting list"

7001 will then get first shot at left overs. So on and so forth......

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: May 4, 2018, 10:20:21 am »
its just worded badly

for Europa league the waiting list was given an order and you were invited in that order

BUT that wording will have caused the queue for sure

Yep.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: May 4, 2018, 10:21:20 am »
There'd be no point of the official ballot adjudicator or whatever they're called if the waiting list is somehow determined by how early you signup to the ballot.
YNWA.

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: May 4, 2018, 10:21:31 am »
This week wait for the ballot result is going to be almost as bad as the wait for the second leg of the semi!

Offline royabs

• Main Stander
« Reply #276 on: May 4, 2018, 10:21:51 am »
essentially if there are 30,000 applicants in the ballot - everyone will be given a number 1-30,000.

if there are 7000 tickets available then the first 7000 IE 1- 7000 will be given "successful". 7001 - 30,000 will be given "waiting list"

7001 will then get first shot at left overs. So on and so forth......

Ah ok. That makes more sense and is a much fairer way than going on the time people happened to register for the ballot.

Offline red and white liz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #277 on: May 4, 2018, 10:24:35 am »
In the ballot now!

Good luck to all, especially me though :-)

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: May 4, 2018, 10:27:16 am »
The ballot results and the waiting list positions will all be determined by the electoral reform service. Entering now doesn't given you any better chance.

Offline scott

• Butterflies taste with their feet. An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: May 4, 2018, 10:27:29 am »
https://www.sportsworld.co.uk/product/liverpool-kiev-flight/ Anyone using these?

£599 seats have sold out now, probably the cheapest day one I’ve seen so far. No transfers with this though
+61 ticket exchange