Author Topic: Liverpool vs AS Roma, Uefa Champions League Sem-Final 1st leg  (Read 98165 times)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool vs AS Roma, Uefa Champions League Sem-Final 1st leg
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2018, 07:44:01 pm »
Allez allez allez.

Nice one, reading that's got me over yesterday's disappointing result. Can't wait for this.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2018, 08:27:15 pm »
Just seen that on Twitter. Cracking  :scarf

Is it too early for omens?

The last 3 times Liverpool have reached the European Cup Final, 2007, 2005 and 1985, Man United have played in the FA Cup final.
The last time we won the Champions League, we also lost 2-1 at Old Trafford in the league, with our sole goal being an OG - similarly to this season. Not to mention the fact that we beat the English league champions both in 05 and 2018 ;)
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2018, 08:45:52 pm »
The old pope isn't in such good health either. Nothing about the health of the current po...wait do I see black smoke?

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2018, 08:53:17 pm »
Thanks Al. Wonderful OP. Was already pumped and looking forward to the game but even more so now.

Allez, allez, allez!

Otherwise, Spanish Al has me fired up and ready for this.  Go you reds!  ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!!

Nice one, reading that's got me over yesterday's disappointing result. Can't wait for this.

Nice one, cheers everyone. I was hoping it would get people in the mood for the game (not that anybody needs any encouragement), even more so in light of yesterday now.

Lets fucking twat these twats, eh!?

Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2018, 09:32:21 pm »
How often has 3 at the back stopped  us though? Did Swansea play it when we lost there?

I'm not sure how often it has stopped us, but Swansea definitely played about 8 at the back when we lost there.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2018, 09:38:13 pm »
This has come round really quickly compared to City - felt like I waited months for that first leg vs them!

Anfield has been a fortress for us most of this season - please let that continue.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2018, 09:42:07 pm »
I'm not sure how often it has stopped us, but Swansea definitely played about 8 at the back when we lost there.

and we missed two sitters in the end

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2018, 09:44:24 pm »
The old pope isn't in such good health either. Nothing about the health of the current po...wait do I see black smoke?
Royal wedding soon.

Deirdre passed away though :(
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2018, 09:49:16 pm »
I’m holidaying in Colombia and just booked a plane from Barranquilla to San andres at 1.30pm Tuesday with no regard for the 6 hour time difference.

Idiot.

Total idiot.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2018, 10:58:08 pm »
We can ratchet up the atmosphere against English rivals , its easy because of the mutual antipathy, but we have to bring that on Tuesday as well

Football - wise , they're not the best travellers - their only away win in this campaign was Carrier Bag in the group stage - but they've had two 3-0 home wins against Chelsea and Barca so will be confident about overturning a deficit, particularly as they havent conceded at home

Yet..............................................
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2018, 10:59:49 pm »
We can ratchet up the atmosphere against English rivals , its easy because of the mutual antipathy, but we have to bring that on Tuesday as well

Football - wise , they're not the best travellers - their only away win in this campaign was Carrier Bag in the group stage - but they've had two 3-0 home wins against Chelsea and Barca so will be confident about overturning a deficit, particularly as they havent conceded at home

Yet..............................................

When have we not brought it when it comes to atmosphere in Europe at this stage of the competition? Remember Juventus? Remember Barca? Real? Hell even Inter in 08 was great.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2018, 11:04:03 pm »

Weird thing to say. I could have sworn there was something about European nights at Anfield. Must have misheard...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2018, 11:22:01 pm »
Weird thing to say. I could have sworn there was something about European nights at Anfield. Must have misheard...

just my own experience ; Chelsea had an edge because it was Chelsea, same with Utd & City more recently. Not saying we can't do it, just need to make more of a conscious effort
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2018, 11:23:55 pm »
just my own experience ; Chelsea had an edge because it was Chelsea, same with Utd & City more recently. Not saying we can't do it, just need to make more of a conscious effort

Juve,Barca,Real,Inter, any of those at Anfield ring a bell to you?

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2018, 11:26:56 pm »
Pretty fucking nervous about this already now. More nervous than pre-City.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: April 22, 2018, 11:27:45 pm »
Pretty fucking nervous about this already now. More nervous than pre-City.

Haven't gotten to that just yet, but in about 12 hours the shitting will commence

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: April 22, 2018, 11:30:40 pm »
Egypt vs Rome

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2018, 11:32:04 pm »
We are better than Roma.   We will beat Roma.  It won’t be like City.  Can see a tight encounter with maybe a one goal advantage to take to Rome. 
We are Loyal Supporters

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2018, 11:37:16 pm »
We are better than Roma.   We will beat Roma.  It won’t be like City.  Can see a tight encounter with maybe a one goal advantage to take to Rome.

being better than the opposition in a two legged affair means very little, Juve were a better team, as were Chelsea, as were Barca, etc...

Let's make sure we put the same performances as we did against City

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #139 on: April 22, 2018, 11:39:13 pm »
being better than the opposition in a two legged affair means very little, Juve were a better team, as were Chelsea, as were Barca, etc...

Let's make sure we put the same performances as we did against City
Same goes for one game - Milan were better then us in 2005.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline hansenite

• Main Stander
« Reply #140 on: April 22, 2018, 11:40:55 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sFacWGBJ_cs&amp;ab_channel=Soxman2004" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sFacWGBJ_cs&amp;ab_channel=Soxman2004</a>

PURE GOLD  :lmao

getting the old ones out for this eh :)

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: April 22, 2018, 11:48:35 pm »
No, I really am shitting myself...

Hideous bug I’ve caught... I don’t recommend it!
Great if your looking to lose a bit of weight 😁

Offline hansenite

• Main Stander
« Reply #142 on: April 22, 2018, 11:51:31 pm »
Will Bobby be up for it.........
Will Mane be up for it.......
Will Salah be up for it.....
Will Chambo be up for it......
Will Hendo be up for it....
Will Millie be up for it.....
Will Trent be up for it...
Will Robbo be up for it....
Will Dejan be up for it....
Will Virgil be up for it....
Will Karius be up for it.....

ummmmm
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 12:44:17 am by hansenite »

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: April 22, 2018, 11:55:51 pm »
Will Bobby be up for it.........
Will Mane be up for it.......
Will Salah be up for it.....
Will Chambo be up for it......
Will Hendo be up for it....
Will Millie be up for it.....
Will Trent be up for it...
Will Robbo be up for it....
Will Dejan be up for it....
Will Virgil be up for it....
Will Karius be up for it.....

ummmmm

Those players can become Liverpool legends if they win the thing. I hope they're fired up!
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline hansenite

• Main Stander

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2018, 01:05:40 am »
the 84 pens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSESauE2LP4

Only counted 9 there mate...

Must get to bed...been thinking about this match almost constantly today ffs
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2018, 01:48:08 am »
Already getting the nerves for this. Come on you red men.  :scarf

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2018, 02:08:34 am »
Honestly I think we’ll batter them. Don’t think they’re on our level and they’ll struggle to get out all game
Can’t see how their midfield deals with our dynamism. Can’t see for a second how their slow back line lives with our front line

Think we’ll win it by at least a couple of goals - if we have a night where we are really on song we could end the tie this leg with 4 or 5

Biggest game for the club since 13/14 probably since 2007 .... until the second leg ... until the final

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2018, 03:04:03 am »
Allez les rouges
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2018, 03:15:22 am »
Here are the average positions for Roma's last four away games in the Champions League:

From those, we can gather that Dzeko will stay central as a target, their fullbacks play high and wide, their central defenders split and the #6 drops in, their midfield supports the wings, and their wingers have a lot of work to do getting up and down the field. They don't make a large amount of clearances per game (about average) so they'll definitely try to bring the ball out. They have a high amount of passes per game in away games, so they'll be almost an ideal opponent for us at home. If we're on our game, we could have this particular game won at half time. As long as we keep Dzeko and his supply line quiet, we should be able to end the game with no away goals against.

I think Van Dijk should shadow Dzeko even if he and Lovren have to cross.
Lovren has already been dominated by Lukaku this season and didn't do well against Kane away.

I had forgetten how much Robbo has improved until I watched Moreno at left back against West Brom.
With TAA at right back we should be pretty solid at the back, but I think we will still be vulnerable at set pieces.

The middle 3 will work their socks off opening up supply to our explosive front 3

I think we will have to take something like a 3 - 0 win to Rome

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2018, 03:18:39 am »
Im glad we got Roma not because of the quality of opposition but just for the pure fact that they are a proper fan base. No glory hunters like 50% of the Real Madrid or Bayern fan base. Roma have proper supporters. Atmosphere at Anfield will be a cauldron.
Seen us win everything

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2018, 03:24:19 am »
Honestly I think we’ll batter them. Don’t think they’re on our level and they’ll struggle to get out all game
Can’t see how their midfield deals with our dynamism. Can’t see for a second how their slow back line lives with our front line

Think we’ll win it by at least a couple of goals - if we have a night where we are really on song we could end the tie this leg with 4 or 5

Biggest game for the club since 13/14 probably since 2007 .... until the second leg ... until the final

I hope you're right Jack, I really do. I hope everything goes our way

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2018, 08:17:50 am »
Yep, any sort of win to nil would be great. We can score over there.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2018, 08:23:34 am »
Im glad we got Roma not because of the quality of opposition but just for the pure fact that they are a proper fan base. No glory hunters like 50% of the Real Madrid or Bayern fan base. Roma have proper supporters. Atmosphere at Anfield will be a cauldron.

They have their fair share of loons as well. I agree though that it will be a great atmosphere. I just hope the lads that go to the away tie stay safe
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2018, 08:36:10 am »
When have we not brought it when it comes to atmosphere in Europe at this stage of the competition? Remember Juventus? Remember Barca? Real? Hell even Inter in 08 was great.
Dortmund two years ago was brilliant, too.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2018, 09:12:15 am »
Barney reduced Roma to Rubble!
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: April 23, 2018, 09:17:56 am »

Don't know enough about Real's fanbase to argue about them, but having lived over there I know that's complete bollocks about the Bayern fans.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: April 23, 2018, 09:20:37 am »
They have their fair share of loons as well. I agree though that it will be a great atmosphere. I just hope the lads that go to the away tie stay safe

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/may/27/manchester-united-stabbed-rome-championsleague