Author Topic: The Kings of Comedy draft (Film, TV, & Stand-Up) - Discussion Thread & Sign Up  (Read 32693 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Sorry I’m late, popped into Tubby’s office (no typo) for a bit. Can I just pick whenever?

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Regulation query:

I’ve got a double act, can I post them at the same time and skip a go ?

I would do it separately but I don’t want to give the game away and have someone poaching Bob Carolgees off me

Nope. You have to take the gamble and hope for the best if you want to snag a double act.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Sorry I’m late, popped into Tubby’s office (no typo) for a bit. Can I just pick whenever?

Yep, make up your owed pick whenever.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
Nope. You have to take the gamble and hope for the best if you want to snag a double act.

Ok fair enough

'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
Switching to one hour deadlines from now. Need to get this shit going again. CT can pick when he's ready since it appears Pop won't be online again for awhile.

Got it.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Regulation query:

I’ve got a double act, can I post them at the same time and skip a go ?

I would do it separately but I don’t want to give the game away and have someone poaching Bob Carolgees off me

I think I know what you are hinting at and I will not mess with your picks...

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
I think I know what you are hinting at and I will not mess with your picks...

Nice one :)

'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
New Draft List (with respect to S, Tubby)

Day 3 Update --- Brought to you by the makers of Scrumtrulescence

1.  Mikey_LFC  - George Carlin, Charlie Chaplin, Jennifer Saunders
2.  El Lobo - Larry David, Sasha Baron Cohen, Karl Pilkington
3.  Crimson Tank - Richard Pryor, Graham Chapman, Chevy Chase
4.  Phase of Play - Maria Bamford, Andy Kauffman
5.  BD Nick - Bob Mortimer, Ricky Gervais
6.  Buck Pete - Steve Coogan, Stan Laurel
7.  Betty Blue - Bill Murray, Rik Mayall
8.  Trendisnotdestiny - Will Ferrell, Peter Selllers
9.  Vivabobbygraham - Tommy Cooper, Dave Allan
10. Sudden Death DL - Bill Hicks, Lenny Bruce
11. Djozer - Chris Morris, John Cleese
12. Sheer Magnetism - Chris Rock, Dave Chapelle
13. Lastrador - Woody Harrelson, Norm McDonald
14. Chakan - Robin Williams, Leslie Nielsen
15. Gregorio - Lee Evans, Julia Louis-Dreyfus
16. Titi Camara - Stewart Lee, Eddie Murphy
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 12:17:00 am by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Nice, let me know when I can go again.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nice, let me know when I can go again.

Waiting upon the sharp tongued and very lucent El Lobo ---  1 hour time limits from here on out BB?

El Lobo is over by one minute --- Is Mikey LFC online?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Waiting upon the sharp tongued and very lucent El Lobo ---  1 hour time limits from here on out BB?

Yep.

Good work on the updated list.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Good pick on Chapman CT

I was trying to think which Python I would pick after John Cleese went.  It was very close obviously but I would have picked Chappers.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm at a footy camp all week. Anyone trustworthy enough to not steal my Richard Digance pick, that I can give my picks to?

Give the man his pick I am guessing.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 09:17:04 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
Dave Allen  ;D

Great pick
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nice picks Mikey.   

BB does this mean Crimson Tank is up or do we wait an hour for the Lobo El?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Dave Allen  ;D

Great pick

agreed

2 corkers from Bobby

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Nice picks Mikey.   

BB does this mean Crimson Tank is up or do we wait an hour for the Lobo El?

Lobo has an hour. Everyone does unless they're AWOL for more than one pick.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Ha, had considered Saunders and Pilkington in the last hour or so.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Crimson, Nick and Buck are up....
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Dammit Pop, I thought no-one would be crazy enough to take Kaufman. He was a part of my dream team of nutjob comedians.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Dammit Pop, I thought no-one would be crazy enough to take Kaufman. He was a part of my dream team of nutjob comedians.

Is that his second pick or third pick? Or should I just post in the Accountancy thread?

Going to be gone for an hour or so --- have Chakan text me if people are desperate to get past the middle bowel of the draft where I reside.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
I have a third pick? Or is that later?

And I'm keeping Richard Digance until last :D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Crimson’s pick then yours
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Yup, I forgot to message Eel Lobo, soz.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
POP has already gone.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Dave Allen  ;D

Great pick

Your two ain't shabby either DL. Woof!
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
agreed

2 corkers from Bobby

Thanks, Pete. Love the Stan Laurel shout btw

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Dammit, I really wanted Sacha Baron Cohen too. There are few times I've laughed as hard as 'Throw the Jew down the well' and his attempted kidnap of Pamela Anderson.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
POP has already gone.

Oh, no, dear, dear, Poppy, gone?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/un8uQ3_fyYs&amp;ab_channel=MadFranko008" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/un8uQ3_fyYs&amp;ab_channel=MadFranko008</a>

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Dammit, I really wanted Sacha Baron Cohen too. There are few times I've laughed as hard as 'Throw the Jew down the well' and his attempted kidnap of Pamela Anderson.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qtNk1B9At8k&amp;ab_channel=nellyyllen" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qtNk1B9At8k&amp;ab_channel=nellyyllen</a>

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Just picked, sorry was a bit full on yesterday. I’ve PM’d Pete so hopefully back on track now.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm done and Pm'd Béatrice Bleu

Happy I've got Alexie in my team.

Isn't it funny how many biscuits are named after revolutionaries?

You've got your Garibaldi
You've got your Bourbon
And then of course there's your Peak Freans Trotsky Assortment

Revolutionary biscuits of Italy, Rise up out of your Box!!

:)

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XP06yBCIcBY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XP06yBCIcBY</a>
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Love Alexei Sayle. Stellar pick.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Dhg_QIyMxZw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Dhg_QIyMxZw</a>

Losing Kaufman and Sacha Baron Cohen threw all my plans out the window. But I love Rowan Atkinson in all his various roles. Unashamedly laughed my arse off at Mr Bean and even the movie, Blackadder in all his guises, and his stand up is pretty great too (check out Dirty Names).

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I nearly went for Rowan Atkinson. Wasn’t completely sure on the criteria. Best role by far is Blackadder which I think was written by others (not that that really matters). Good picks all round so far, and quite varied.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sorry everyone... just woke up.  Should have stayed woke, bitches (Pres 44).

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Gjl80E1SSmM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Gjl80E1SSmM</a>
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Atkinson's a great pick. Just noticed that Sellers was gone, for some reason I hadn't noticed and assumed he'd flown under the radar. Dammit, Trend.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
I'm due a third pick, yes?
Better looking than Samie.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm due a third pick, yes?

Yes you are --- you beautttttttttttttttaaaaaaaaayyyyyy
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN: