Author Topic: Mid Season Over-Optimistic Rallying Cry AKA Stop Bloody Whinging  (Read 14322 times)

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mid Season Over-Optimistic Rallying Cry AKA Stop Bloody Whinging
« Reply #120 on: February 1, 2018, 08:10:07 pm »
Unfortunately your whole post (the old one) falls down by your own point - and that is that Klopp, like Rafa, it not a nodding dog of a manager and yet has not indicated he is unhappy in any way by what is going on or how we do things.
To be honest, he also hasn't shown he isn't.

Klopp Himself has said, in his own words, that he has his own bosses and has to do what they say at times. Like most people in most jobs.

He isn't the type to create controversy and create headlines and fight against owners/directors of football etc (dortmund sold players eft, right and centre) - which often rafa does (ever since his valencia days about the asking for a lamp and he gets a chair leg or something).

I doubt Klopp would ever go against the owners (even if he disagrees) , like he would never throw a player under the buss. he just isn't that type of person, rightfully or wrongly. Most managers won't though and that shouldn't really be a problem for him anyway. 

That is simply part of his personality, and his personality is why I love him so I would't change it. but If there is a probably, don't expect it to come from Klopp.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2018, 08:13:35 pm by stevensr123 »
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #121 on: February 1, 2018, 08:16:24 pm »
The other, other side of the coin, is that by waiting, we give other clubs the opportunity to jump in ahead of us. It's definitely a risk game, but the rewards are quite high. We've seen a lot of Klopp-era buys fit almost immediately with the team, whereas the Rodgers-era signings either took a while to settle, or were never the right moves in the first place.
true, just look at our last transfer windows, Mane,Salah and Van Djik with Keita coming in the next one already. This should also tell players here that we are progressing we are building

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #122 on: February 1, 2018, 09:43:43 pm »
As am I.

And making crap up with it. Bravo!
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline FoolForPool

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: February 2, 2018, 05:10:52 pm »
We had Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez and Sturridge. They have all now left. We go again. Now we have Ferminio,  Keita,  Mane and Salah.  Until the club let's them go again.  We are never going to compete for the epl if we don't resolve the issue of losing our best players.  I understand that Klopp is trying to build a team that is not so dependent on the quality of the individual players, but I am not sure I believe that this is possible anymore.  Maybe we get lucky one year like Leicester,  but I find it increasingly hard to believe that with our current model we are ever going to consistently compete with the likes of man u and city.  Klopp is great but he isnt a miracle worker.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2018, 09:38:14 pm »
How are we feeling now? Any happier? 

Quarter finals in the bag. Next game chance to go 2nd...

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2018, 07:16:44 pm »
How are we feeling now? Any happier? 

Quarter finals in the bag. Next game chance to go 2nd...
Feel fanfuckingtastic mate. 

We might win fuck all this season but that's fine cos there's a finite amount of trophies to go around and we're still putting all the pieces in place to challenge for them all. 

A half decent draw in the next CL round and we're semi finalists, minimum, and it's highly likely we'll finish the season 2nd on our best points haul for many a year.  Add to that the sensational footy we're playing, it's only a matter of time before we win something/everything [emoji16]

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2018, 08:40:21 pm »
Just as when we lose I don't get too down, when we do a last night I don't get carried away. LFC, like everyone, move in circles, even on the way up. We had Dortmund then Seville, we had Swansea/WBA then we had Porto.

Be optimistic but realistic as well.

You are as good as your next game is not a bad cliche.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2018, 08:51:36 pm »
Just as when we lose I don't get too down, when we do a last night I don't get carried away. LFC, like everyone, move in circles, even on the way up. We had Dortmund then Seville, we had Swansea/WBA then we had Porto.

Be optimistic but realistic as well.

You are as good as your next game is not a bad cliche.
Spot on, mate. Treat those two impostors just the same and all that.

Finding it hard not to get a bit up after last night though - was buzzing anyway just to be back in the CL knockout stages, and then to go and do that. Fucking hell.

Still, gotta remember that Porto were missing a fair few first teamers and probably aren't the strongest team at the best of times. Still, it was bloody great and hopefully the team should take a lot of confidence from that. Should be able to rest a few for the return leg in preparation for the Utd game and that could be pretty big in the context of trying to make sure we get top four, which is still by no means a given.

Got loads of work to do for a job tomorrow but downloaded last night's game so think I'm just going to rewatch that instead. Lovely.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2018, 11:08:56 pm »
The difference between us and City at the moment is that they are relentless from game to game, we have lapses, even the second half against Spurs. It is the hardest thing in the world to keep standards up every week but that is what makes champions. I just hark back to that Paisley team, he had them at that level but even then there were slips.

Guardiola has managed to ensure City never lose focus, it's in the head and I think Van Dijk, Milner, Robertson, Salah and Firmino, fit that requirement, focused, others are not far behind.

I remember seeing Souness's first game, he was mentally strong. He knew about keeping the level up from week to week. Players like that, leaders, are key.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 11:43:56 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2018, 08:46:55 am »
We had Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez and Sturridge. They have all now left. We go again. Now we have Ferminio,  Keita,  Mane and Salah.  Until the club let's them go again.  We are never going to compete for the epl if we don't resolve the issue of losing our best players.  I understand that Klopp is trying to build a team that is not so dependent on the quality of the individual players, but I am not sure I believe that this is possible anymore.  Maybe we get lucky one year like Leicester,  but I find it increasingly hard to believe that with our current model we are ever going to consistently compete with the likes of man u and city.  Klopp is great but he isnt a miracle worker.

If we get lucky one year, it'll kick off. Why? Because we're not Leicester. We are huge. We have one of the best managers around. The reason why a few of our better players have left is because we are not winning. If we start winning it'll snowball.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 08:48:33 am by Goalposts for Jumpers »

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2018, 09:47:44 am »

Instead of a like for like replacement for Coutinho I think we actually need a deeper lying playmaker who can take control of a game. My dream would be a peak Alonso or Modric type.

we've already got one.  VVD.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2018, 09:51:03 am »

I'm already starting to think we've made a good call not diving in to the madness.

this.  if you can't get the players you want in january then wait until the summer.  we're actually building something instead of stopping leaks.  arsenal's business was hilarious and doing them absolutely no good even in the short term.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2018, 09:56:35 am »
The other, other side of the coin, is that by waiting, we give other clubs the opportunity to jump in ahead of us. It's definitely a risk game, but the rewards are quite high. We've seen a lot of Klopp-era buys fit almost immediately with the team, whereas the Rodgers-era signings either took a while to settle, or were never the right moves in the first place.

i don't think we have missed any targets based on our rivals january business - roma weren't selling alisson cheap mid-season for example.  i think we know exactly whom we want in the summer and the recent press about us definitively pulling out of a deal for their keeper perhaps suggests we've decided to spend more more on MF and roll on with karius.  i feel a sense of confidence and calm around the club.  klopp knows we are fit and well rotated for the second half of the season and, personally, i've hardly noticed that phil's gone.  we clearly have a plan.  yes, getting top four is crucial as it is every year but the boss believes we have enough in our locker to nail that down.  excited to see what happens in the summer and don't doubt that our business will make us stronger.  a great time to be red ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2018, 12:24:19 pm »
i don't think we have missed any targets based on our rivals january business - roma weren't selling alisson cheap mid-season for example.  i think we know exactly whom we want in the summer and the recent press about us definitively pulling out of a deal for their keeper perhaps suggests we've decided to spend more more on MF and roll on with karius.  i feel a sense of confidence and calm around the club.  klopp knows we are fit and well rotated for the second half of the season and, personally, i've hardly noticed that phil's gone.  we clearly have a plan.  yes, getting top four is crucial as it is every year but the boss believes we have enough in our locker to nail that down.  excited to see what happens in the summer and don't doubt that our business will make us stronger.  a great time to be red ;D

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #134 on: May 3, 2018, 01:21:02 am »
Not gone too badly since I posted this. You're welcome  8)

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: May 3, 2018, 07:26:13 am »
Not gone too badly since I posted this. You're welcome  8)

Beyond anyone’s wildest dreams.
Did not see it coming to be fair.
Where I saw losing Coutinho as a potential start of a tailspin, it actually made us into a more cohesive and determined team.