Author Topic: Eric Blair's Labour Topic (*)  (Read 260541 times)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Labour Party (*)
« Reply #440 on: November 20, 2017, 11:19:02 pm »
The unknown is how much of the Labour vote at the last election was a rejection of the “May Brexit”. And how soft that support is given Labour leadership’s determination to whip Brexit through. The fudge that muddled through the last campaign cannot survive actual negotiations - and they seem determined to close off the natural lines of attack when it goes tits up by injudicious use of the whip.
indeed - if you are pro leave then the Tories do it for you, if you are for remain then you aren’t going with the Tories Brexit bitches

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: November 20, 2017, 11:20:00 pm »
Its not good to lower taxes and then lower regulations will follow. The idea that we should take that is crazy and there is no way i would vote for a party looking to do that. Are you suggesting you would vote for that?
id say it’s the least worst option compared to the people who thought chavismo was a brilliant idea and still think so (despite jez deleting all references to this on his site a year ago)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: November 20, 2017, 11:22:07 pm »
id say it’s the least worst option compared to the people who thought chavismo was a brilliant idea and still think so (despite jez deleting all references to this on his site a year ago)

But thats the Tory dream to implement such a world and fuck the environment and rights whilst doing so.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 11:24:07 pm by a clueless whopper »

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: November 20, 2017, 11:23:29 pm »
But thats the Tory dream to implement such a world and fuck the environment and rights whilst doing so.
you vote them out then and hope labour have someone who’s education didn’t peak at Es at a level is in charge to fix it

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: November 20, 2017, 11:24:43 pm »
you vote them out then and hope labour have someone who’s education didn’t peak at Es at a level is in charge to fix it

Who them himself/herself becomes a Labour leader who lowers taxes and removes regulation?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: November 20, 2017, 11:25:27 pm »
Who them himself/herself becomes a Labour leader who lowers taxes and removes regulation?

They do the opposite of the Tory dream??

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: November 20, 2017, 11:28:40 pm »
You seem to hate most women. That’s an impression I get. Fair?

I dont like most politicians. So I hate most of the women MP’s and hate most of the Male MP’s also.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: November 20, 2017, 11:38:48 pm »
I dont like most politicians. So I hate most of the women MP’s and hate most of the Male MP’s also.
do you like anyone??? :P

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: November 20, 2017, 11:43:46 pm »
They do the opposite of the Tory dream??

I dont get it. You would prefer lower taxes in case of Brexit and lower regulations until another Labour leader came around and then did the opposite of that?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: November 20, 2017, 11:44:20 pm »

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: November 20, 2017, 11:49:27 pm »
I dont get it. You would prefer lower taxes in case of Brexit and lower regulations until another Labour leader came around and then did the opposite of that?
its the least worst scenario imo, ideally no Brexit but definitely no corbyn or mcdonnell as those two will basically turn us into a Tory State once they’re jibbed off

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: November 20, 2017, 11:50:02 pm »

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #452 on: November 20, 2017, 11:55:14 pm »
Totally enjoyed the Labour Doc, the Blairites exposed for the parasites they are. 

Glad that Momentum were given the credit they deserved.

But for me everything was summed up in that last shot of the young multi-cuture Labour activists  on the main stage after Jeremys looking forward to a brighter future.

Did I mention Steve Kinnock came across as a right c*nt I sure I mentioned he was a c*nt sorry if I forgot to say he was a c*nt but he was a c*nt.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: November 20, 2017, 11:56:49 pm »
Totally enjoyed the Labour Doc, the Blairites exposed for the parasites they are. 

But for me everything was summed up in that last shot of the young multi-cuture Labour activists  on the main stage after Jeremys looking forward to a brighter future.

Did I mention Steve Kinnock came across as a right c*nt I sure I mentioned he was a c*nt sorry if I forgot to say he was a c*nt but he was a c*nt.
you do know you lost right?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: November 21, 2017, 12:02:23 am »
ken Clarke?

Unfortunately a key player in the Thatcher government doesnt win many brownie points.

There are some good MP’s. Stella Creasy is a class act. Parliament also needs more people like Dawn Butler and Angela Raynor, who have a real desire to change things.

Even the Tories have some good ones but seeing as they are Tories they can all jump off a bridge. Davidson and Woollaston are ok though, especially the former, who has the potential to be a very authoritative leader. Hopefully that doesnt happen.

I cannot think of a single male MP i think is good or i like.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #455 on: November 21, 2017, 12:10:30 am »

And to think after the election I was briefly foolish enough to think there could be unity in the party....

You would honestly think we had just come through a mighty victory reading this as opposed to a defeat which I fully admit was much much closer than most people including myself expected.

The simple fact is though Labour managed to lose in spite of running against a genuinely unbelievably awful Tory campaign, and we are stuck with 5 years of Tory led government, with Labour cheerleading through a few key votes on Brexit.

Sadly for many in the party at present increasing control of the party seems to be far more important and a cause for jubilation than actually winning power.

As Robinred posted earlier, I suppose sometimes its good to be reminded why I binned my membership.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: November 21, 2017, 12:13:10 am »
Unfortunately a key player in the Thatcher government doesnt win many brownie points.

There are some good MP’s. Stella Creasy is a class act. Parliament also needs more people like Dawn Butler and Angela Raynor, who have a real desire to change things.

Even the Tories have some good ones but seeing as they are Tories they can all jump off a bridge. Davidson and Woollaston are ok though, especially the former, who has the potential to be a very authoritative leader. Hopefully that doesnt happen.

I cannot think of a single male MP i think is good or i like.

Right now I have more time for some of the rebellious Tory Remainers than I do for some on the Labour benches, not because I agree with them on much else, but at least I agree with them on the biggest issue of our times.

I fully agree Creasy is an excellent MP (represents a neighbouring seat) seems to be another one who is hated by our friends in Momentum though.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: November 21, 2017, 12:18:50 am »
Right now I have more time for some of the rebellious Tory Remainers than I do for some on the Labour benches, not because I agree with them on much else, but at least I agree with them on the biggest issue of our times.

I fully agree Creasy is an excellent MP (represents a neighbouring seat) seems to be another one who is hated by our friends in Momentum though.

Those Tories talk the talk but certainly dont walk the walk. I liked Woollaston but she always votes with her party so i dont know how much she can be respected by those outside her party. Its also a bit mad how people like her, Allen, Clarke, Soubry, Morgan, Grieve etc. get any credit. Thus far they havent done anything to match their words (bar Clarke).

Momentum are idiots.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: November 21, 2017, 12:27:34 am »

If anyone came across bad, it was Sarah Champion. Especially that bit about her constantly blaming Pakistani men and only talking about it on the radio if she could make that point.

Then of course she went to that paper. Why did she need to reach a Sun audience? Was it becwuae she wanted to get across that Labour can play the blame game as well as the Tories? Dont worry guys, we hate Pakistani men also?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 12:29:33 am by a clueless whopper »

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: November 21, 2017, 12:29:32 am »
Those Tories talk the talk but certainly dont walk the walk. I liked Woollaston but she always votes with her party so i dont know how much she can be respected by those outside her party. Its also a bit mad how people like her, Allen, Clarke, Soubry, Morgan, Grieve etc. get any credit. Thus far they havent done anything to match their words (bar Clarke).

Momentum are idiots.

I fully agree with that as well by the way a lot of people in Parliament right now know this is going to be a complete shitshow but are too terrified to do anything about it, sleepwalking into disaster hiding behind mumbling "will of the people" from time to time, we may as well not have representative democracy if our MPs are this shit.

Parliament isn't even enacting the will of the people its enacting the Daily Mail/Express version of what the people voted for, even some notable Leavers were talking up the Norway model during the campaign, that was all forgotten quickly enough.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #460 on: November 21, 2017, 12:40:09 am »

Labour lost the election and the realty of this means millions of people suffering. this is what I cant understand, If the aim is to help all these people who are suffering under the Tories then why the elation when Labour get beat in a GE. am sure Corbyns hard core supporters would have loved to win the election but am not sure their elation would be for all the millions of people being taken out of poverty.

It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #461 on: November 21, 2017, 12:47:12 am »
you do know you lost right?

Keep telling yourself that if it helps.

Labour are totally running the political agenda while the Tories trying to turn themselves into Blue Labour.

Its funny to watch.

Tick tock tick tock its just a matter of time before all our lives are better.

Whether you like it or not.

They just want to keep their Jack boot on the throat of the poor
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 01:56:40 am by Trada »

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #462 on: November 21, 2017, 12:48:45 am »

Labour are totally running the political agenda while the Tories trying to turn themselves into Blue Labour.

Its funny to watch.

How do you expect all our lives to be better after Labour wave through the Tories' hard Brexit?

Nothing about what's happening in government at the moment is funny, this isn't a game.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: November 21, 2017, 12:59:14 am »

Its funny to watch.

dude, the Tories are the ones in charge, labour are yapping dogs apart from Brexit where they are the Tories little bitch

Labour lost the election and the realty of this means millions of people suffering. this is what I cant understand, If the aim is to help all these people who are suffering under the Tories then why the elation when Labour get beat in a GE. am sure Corbyns hard core supporters would have loved to win the election but am not sure their elation would be for all the millions of people being taken out of poverty.

if you care that much about the poor getting help then having a leader that can actually win power is a start, this current lot is just an indulgence whilst pretend to give a fuck about the worst off with their for the middle class manifesto

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #464 on: November 21, 2017, 01:25:38 am »
dude, the Tories are the ones in charge, labour are yapping dogs apart from Brexit where they are the Tories little bitch
if you care that much about the poor getting help then having a leader that can actually win power is a start, this current lot is just an indulgence whilst pretend to give a fuck about the worst off with their for the middle class manifesto
So let's get this right, Stephen Kinnock is gutted Labour didn't win the GE as they can't improve the lives of all those millions of people suffering if their not in power. while Corbyns elated even though he lost the GE and millions are left to the mercy of the Tories.
 Its getting confusing, the Labour party exists to win power and improve the lives of the working class and Stephen Kinnock is fighting for this but he's the one called the Parasite.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: November 21, 2017, 02:16:07 am »

Its funny to watch.

How exactly is Labour supporting the destruction of our economy going to make it inevitable that things will get better for the poor? What's your thinking here?

As long as you're having fun though! Who needs an economy or a tax base

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #466 on: November 21, 2017, 05:35:11 am »

Its funny to watch.

You actually believe that don't you? Wow.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: November 21, 2017, 05:42:11 am »
A good article from Zoe Williams in yesterday's Guardian. Sadly, from Trada's posts it seems there's zero chance of this happening with the current Corbyn supporters mindset:

This government is falling apart, so Labour’s tribes must come together

The Tories’ main problem with Jeremy Corbyn and the shadow chancellor, John McDonnell, is that they speak human. Critics rush at the opposition like Wile E Coyote, carrying boulders and anvils marked “Maoist cult” (© Tim Farron) and “Marxist radical”, then wonder how McDonnell scuttles behind them with a cheerful “meep meep”. The Labour leadership is not pretending to be moderate, it’s trying to change the definition of moderation. They’re not smuggling ideology into some “common sense”, they’re attempting – with some success – to upend the consensus. In the art of persuasion, there’s nothing quite like believing what you’re saying. It bestows authenticity upon your entire character, makes you memorable in your hobbies and foibles: I can imagine Mr and Mrs McDonnell incompetently sailing together as he described in Sunday’s Observer, and the Corbyns chopping onions. In the domestic lives of the Mays and the Hammonds, I see nothing; empty rooms, polished tables with neat little notes about tax-efficiency schemes.

What would really distinguish it, ahead of an election that cannot be far off, would be to foster generosity and trust

Of the Conservatives, Labour have little to fear: McDonnell’s line at the weekend – “they’ve got no mission, no objectives”, ending on that whisper of sympathy, “and I think they realise” – was quietly, devastatingly dismissive. Yet that doesn’t mean he has nothing to worry about; all Labour’s energy now has to go into healing its own wounds. The high command plainly already got this memo: Gordon Brown’s endorsement of Corbyn last week had the ring of Britney Spears coming out for George W Bush (come on, you can’t have forgotten, it was only 2001: in precis, whatever you think of him, he’s now our president, and we must line up behind our president). Brown was neither cheerleader nor cynic, he was simply lining up. McDonnell repaid the respect, in the simple, tail-wagging language of a footballer looking forward to a new season: “I’ll be sitting down with Gordon and some of his people … it’s exciting.” Blair has never warmed to the project, but you never know, given his cunning and still combustible unpopularity, whether he’s just affecting animosity because to come out in favour would pitch the New-Labour-hating left into total disarray.

Lower-profile rifts take more intricate repair, and won’t be healed with a cheerful line in an interview – there are the MPs who had nothing against Corbyn’s vision, but doubted his competence and said so; those who thought the vision just about acceptable, but some of the methods heavy-handed; those who had an objection to elements of the manifesto, but not the bulk of it.

Utterly resolute anti-Corbynites were never very great in number, they just had high status because they’d previously been thought of as the rightful successors; their opposition had very little to do with Corbyn’s policies or personality, and far more to do with the feeling that he’d stolen a leadership that was rightfully theirs. The Chuka Umunnas and Liz Kendalls need neither be obliterated nor placated: the party is strong enough, and has enough small-M momentum to accommodate even profound differences.

But milder doubters include some of the most thoughtful, sophisticated, likable and doorstep-ready MPs in the party – Chi Onwurah, Lisa Nandy, Clive Lewis – and the challenge for Labour is not so much to present a united face in order to look government-ready, but to find a way to use all its talent for when that government materialises.

Frankly, there is nothing in Labour’s “alternative budget” for even the most ambivalent leftist to be afraid of. It has been billed as the most leftwing programme in living memory; that’s only true if you’re 16. The promise of a £6bn injection for the NHS is less radical, in cost and intent, than Blair’s 2001 pledge to bring health spending per capita up to the European average. The unfreezing of public sector pay and pausing of universal credit are neither most nor least leftwing, since we have nothing to compare them with. Seven years without a pay rise; six weeks without any means of sustenance - this government’s assault on living standards has been without precedent.

You could argue that New Labour, in McDonnell’s position, would stick to Tory spending plans, as they did in 1997, but you’d be comparing apples and oranges. John Major’s government was a different proposition to Theresa May’s, rarely as chaotic and never as cruel. The promise of one million homes built in five years is identical to Ed Miliband’s pledge, except that he said “up to one million”, which was the very distillation of his failure: his head knew what the country needed; his heart knew what it wanted; his guts were always looking for a getaway car. “Properly funded public services” and “spending on infrastructure”, meanwhile, are what every party used to promise every election - more bigger stuff now - until the financial crash sprinkled credibility and even glamour on austerity.

But if the Labour leadership is serious about redefining the centre, it has to stop using “centrist” as an insult. In an opening goodwill gesture, every member of the parliamentary Labour party should take a vow never to use the word “electable” again. It’s always self-assertive (“I know the electorate better than you”), never generative. Those using it rarely have any notion of what “electable” might look like, while remaining utterly confident as to what “unelectable” means. It’s also peculiarly divisive, effectively turning what should be a question of ideas (“shall we do X or Y?”) into a question of morality and character. You’re in effect saying, “You’re keeping our enemies in place with your radicalism, which is really your vanity, or your caution, which is really your cowardice.”

Labour is looking more purposeful and coherent, the faster the government cascades into tergiversation and panic. But what would really distinguish it, ahead of an election that cannot be far off, would be to foster an atmosphere of generosity and trust. Neither Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson nor Jacob Rees-Mogg could park tanks on that lawn.

• Zoe Williams is a Guardian columnist

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/nov/19/government-falling-apart-labour-tribes-corbynites?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 05:43:51 am by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #468 on: November 21, 2017, 09:36:08 am »
Sadly, from Trada's posts it seems there's zero chance of this happening with the current Corbyn supporters mindset:

Seriously? From Trada's posts, and Trada's posts only? Are you really saying that everyone else on this thread has been ready to bury the hatchet and start pulling in the same direction together?

I don't agree with Trada on this issue, but why single him out when just about every post on the entire thread has been divisive and most of them critical of Labour. We have people proudly stating that they prefer having the Tories in power, joyfully reminding us that Labour lost, and you think Trada is the problem?

I agree it's a good article, by the way. I do wonder, though, how many on here agree with these bits? How many Wile E Coyotes do we have on RAWK?

The Tories’ main problem with Jeremy Corbyn and the shadow chancellor, John McDonnell, is that they speak human. Critics rush at the opposition like Wile E Coyote, carrying boulders and anvils marked “Maoist cult” (© Tim Farron) and “Marxist radical”, then wonder how McDonnell scuttles behind them with a cheerful “meep meep”.

Of the Conservatives, Labour have little to fear: McDonnell’s line at the weekend – “they’ve got no mission, no objectives”, ending on that whisper of sympathy, “and I think they realise” – was quietly, devastatingly dismissive.

Frankly, there is nothing in Labour’s “alternative budget” for even the most ambivalent leftist to be afraid of.

In an opening goodwill gesture, every member of the parliamentary Labour party should take a vow never to use the word “electable” again. It’s always self-assertive (“I know the electorate better than you”), never generative. Those using it rarely have any notion of what “electable” might look like, while remaining utterly confident as to what “unelectable” means.

Labour is looking more purposeful and coherent, the faster the government cascades into tergiversation and panic.

And this just about sums up RAWK for the last two and a half years. ;)

Utterly resolute anti-Corbynites were never very great in number, they just had high status

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #469 on: November 21, 2017, 02:12:23 pm »
Which MP is there to like?
Right now Ken Clarke
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #470 on: November 21, 2017, 02:19:07 pm »
You actually believe that don't you? Wow.
To be fair, he's got the last line correct, rest of it is balls though.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #471 on: November 21, 2017, 02:54:33 pm »
Sorry (not sorry) for the interruption. A lot of you may have heard the terrible news about Sir Harvest Fields. There’s a justgiving page set up to try and help raise money to cover his funeral costs. If you haven’t already done so, and would like to contribute details are in here:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/ripcarlvanriel?ref=

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #472 on: November 21, 2017, 02:59:33 pm »
The thing I liked about Labour Summer it was really going to be about the downfall of jeremy and the left but after the election result they had to scramble about getting footage of Momentum to get the real story of what happened and Kinnock what a dick he was. I laughted so much

Shame it wasnt the first part of 3 programs one about the Tory campaign and one about Momentum.

Good to hear that the membership of Momentum shoot up after the program.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #473 on: November 21, 2017, 04:33:42 pm »

Off their fucking heads again?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #474 on: November 21, 2017, 05:10:59 pm »
The thing I liked about Labour Summer it was really going to be about the downfall of jeremy and the left but after the election result they had to scramble about getting footage of Momentum to get the real story of what happened and Kinnock what a dick he was. I laughted so much

Shame it wasnt the first part of 3 programs one about the Tory campaign and one about Momentum.

I'm confused, thought this was the Labour thread.

Or am I in the Momentum thread by mistake?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: November 21, 2017, 05:26:26 pm »
Right now Ken Clarke

On general issues or just the EU question specifically?

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: November 21, 2017, 07:27:11 pm »

The retort is just too easy, and true.

With this type of "support" Labour will never win a majority in a GE again.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: November 21, 2017, 08:57:33 pm »
Westminster voting intention:

CON: 42%
LAB: 38%
LDEM: 9%
UKIP: 5%
GRN: 3%

via @KantarPublic, 14 - 20 Nov

Bit of an outlier at the mo but still....

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: November 21, 2017, 09:31:13 pm »
Westminster voting intention:

CON: 42%
LAB: 38%
LDEM: 9%
UKIP: 5%
GRN: 3%

via @KantarPublic, 14 - 20 Nov

Bit of an outlier at the mo but still....

It is weird in some ways how the Tories and Labour still have such a carve-up - considering that, realistically, both are fairly irrelevant in the big issue of our times...

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: November 21, 2017, 10:25:24 pm »
Seriously? From Trada's posts, and Trada's posts only? Are you really saying that everyone else on this thread has been ready to bury the hatchet and start pulling in the same direction together?

I don't agree with Trada on this issue, but why single him out when just about every post on the entire thread has been divisive and most of them critical of Labour. We have people proudly stating that they prefer having the Tories in power, joyfully reminding us that Labour lost, and you think Trada is the problem?

I agree it's a good article, by the way. I do wonder, though, how many on here agree with these bits? How many Wile E Coyotes do we have on RAWK?

And this just about sums up RAWK for the last two and a half years. ;)

I said it was a good article. I don’t necessary agree with everything she says. My point in posting it was that in the current political climate Corbyn and McDonnell are better prospects than the shit show that is the Tory Party.

And if we’re going to win the next election it means Labour (including the Momentum crowd) coming together rather than pushing for deselection of anyone who disagrees with the leadership.

Dave (Trada) if he’s typical of the hard line Corbynistas will never embrace the likes of Jess Philips and her brand of socialism.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)