Author Topic: Premier League highlights  (Read 687 times)

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
Premier League highlights
« on: September 24, 2017, 10:38:47 am »
Why aren't they available in the official website of the league? Yes, copyrights and all but they are theirs and NBA, NFL etc have them up right away. PL don't have any of them at all.

Visited Bundesliga's website and at least they have available ones from the midweek games for example.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
Re: Premier League highlights
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 11:29:18 am »
Assuming it's to do with Sky/BBC having the rights to show highlights and live matches etc. You can catch most on http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/ pretty much straight after the match has finished.
Justice for the 97

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 09:06:21 am »
Do you have a sky basic package? Sky Sports Mix is free for all customers channel 121. And there is a highlights show with no punditry on Tuesday's 9.30pm.

It's where I get my fix, as I can't stand MOTD. Very good show.

Although I understand waiting till Tuesday can be long. But seeing as I watch it for non Liverpool stuff, I can wait.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 10:49:45 am »
MOTD is on BBC iPlayer now, you can skip the punditry that way.

Remember a few years ago ESPN used to have a decent app where you could watch short highlights immediately after the match.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 10:52:36 am »
Why aren't they available in the official website of the league? Yes, copyrights and all but they are theirs and NBA, NFL etc have them up right away. PL don't have any of them at all.

Visited Bundesliga's website and at least they have available ones from the midweek games for example.

You answered your own question "copyrights and all".

The way the PL sells their rights gives the rights purchaser greater control over the highlights package (plus I believe they sell a highlights package). Giving it away on their website would devalue this package.