Author Topic: Members Sales 17/18  (Read 202545 times)

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
Re: Members Sales 17/18
« Reply #2200 on: March 28, 2018, 01:54:58 pm »
I long for the PTS days.  It was a real arse re-dialling but if you put the effort in, you got the tickets.  Only two games a season sold out and I never missed any sales in that period.  Too much luck involved these days.

Yeah, it wasn't perfect by any means, and it would often mean me and my dad on a couple of phones each pressing re-dial but as you say, you knew that beyond the arse-ache of it all, you were going to get a ticket.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #2201 on: March 28, 2018, 01:57:24 pm »
Used to be on the PTS and it was much better, even though I had to buy adult tickets for my lad. An adult ticket is better than no ticket which has been the case these days.

Don't think I'll bother renewing next season.
Legacy fan

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #2202 on: March 28, 2018, 03:06:16 pm »
True enough.

At least with the PTS you were all but guaranteed a ticket though. I never missed out in that scheme, which in turn made the outlay to join worth it. You certainly can't say the same for the membership scheme. It's only the ACS that keeps me renewing, really.
Yep. Membership was capped at 10K with 5K tickets available for each match so a 50% chance. I never failed to get a ticket though and I know of loads of others that also never missed out.

Sadly those days will never return.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #2203 on: March 28, 2018, 03:24:13 pm »
Yep. Membership was capped at 10K with 5K tickets available for each match so a 50% chance. I never failed to get a ticket though and I know of loads of others that also never missed out.

Sadly those days will never return.

And now it's unlimited members and a steadily decreasing (minimal, at best) chance.
Twitter | Blog

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #2204 on: March 28, 2018, 04:12:05 pm »
I was PTS member and used it as an effective season ticket. I got the same block in the Kop for every game. If you were on the ball you never had to worry about missing a game.

But even as a member, I thought it was an unfair system. Unless you were in the 10,000 closed shop - you were in the pile with everyone else. There were people suffering the phones (or online system at the end) for 19 games a season - often getting nothing for their efforts. While people on the PTS were going to the five top games a season without any hassle. It seemed wrong that people in this exclusive club could pick and choose at the expense of people who wanted to go every game.

I realise people could make the same argument about season ticket holders - but they pay up front for every game. There is a big difference between that picking and choosing your games on the PTS.

Former PTS members will probably disagree with me but I think the new system is fairer - rewarding those who went to the most games in the previous season.
Long live the King

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2205 on: March 28, 2018, 04:41:28 pm »
Still remember sending off a letter requesting a ticket with a cheque for payment.
Was gutted I didn't get a response once so rang the ticket office and they said the kids tickets had run out but that I could buy an adult ticket if I wanted one.
This was for the last game on the old Kop and cost me £8 instead of 4.
Times have certainly changed

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2206 on: March 28, 2018, 04:43:50 pm »
Still remember sending off a letter requesting a ticket with a cheque for payment.
Was gutted I didn't get a response once so rang the ticket office and they said the kids tickets had run out but that I could buy an adult ticket if I wanted one.
This was for the last game on the old Kop and cost me £8 instead of 4.
Times have certainly changed

Haha yeah, used to send a blank cheque with the words "not to exceed £x" on it for them to fill in the amount!

Simpler times... ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline ianrush79

• Kopite
« Reply #2207 on: March 28, 2018, 05:04:27 pm »
Haha yeah, used to send a blank cheque with the words "not to exceed £x" on it for them to fill in the amount!

Simpler times... ;D

Never ever failed to get postal applications. I always sent the letter 1st class two days before the sale and it worked every time!
Phil Brown just off the phone. Stupid sod didn't know what 'Gardening Leave' meant. He's spent the past week planting fucking roses.

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #2208 on: March 28, 2018, 05:32:47 pm »
Postal applications and queuing up for cup finals with your ticket stubs at silly o'clock in the morning. God I'm getting old lol

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #2209 on: March 28, 2018, 09:09:26 pm »
Postal applications and queuing up for cup finals with your ticket stubs at silly o'clock in the morning. God I'm getting old lol

I'd left work a few hours early in 2005. Walked straight up to the ticket office with my six stubs and picked where I wanted to sit for the final.

Mad even thinking about that now

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #2210 on: April 8, 2018, 07:12:26 pm »
Trying to plan a few weeks holidays... I guess the bulk sale will be 2nd or 3rd week of July as it’s been the past couple of years.
Or have anyone heard anything different or got some inside info :)?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2211 on: April 8, 2018, 08:33:44 pm »
When do I need to get my members ticket for next season? 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2212 on: April 8, 2018, 10:13:14 pm »
When do I need to get my members ticket for next season?

Normally by midnight on the Sunday before the sales start
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2213 on: April 8, 2018, 10:22:44 pm »
Cool...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Austinkopite4eva

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2214 on: April 12, 2018, 08:31:13 am »
Loads for Stoke this morning, all sorted nice & easy.Credits up to 17 looking good for next season
 :scarf.. Fingers crossed...

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
  • His First Name Is Lucas
« Reply #2215 on: April 12, 2018, 11:52:07 am »
Sad to say it but the Decision has been made in our household to sack the PL fully next year due to getting a mortgage etc. I know I have to do it but when you have built up credits for years and get to a point where you are about guareteend it's a bit disheartening. Will still be in the ACS (hopefully) for Fa LC and Europe so still getting to go but the PL is just so unaffordable for us now. 20 quid for Everton in the cup vs 59 quid in main stand for PL. Massive difference per game. It's a shame credits can't be transferred. Anyway, only sharing this to see if people are feeling the same way? [emoji16]

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #2216 on: April 12, 2018, 12:11:34 pm »
Sad to say it but the Decision has been made in our household to sack the PL fully next year due to getting a mortgage etc. I know I have to do it but when you have built up credits for years and get to a point where you are about guareteend it's a bit disheartening. Will still be in the ACS (hopefully) for Fa LC and Europe so still getting to go but the PL is just so unaffordable for us now. 20 quid for Everton in the cup vs 59 quid in main stand for PL. Massive difference per game. It's a shame credits can't be transferred. Anyway, only sharing this to see if people are feeling the same way? [emoji16]

Pretty much the same situation I found myself in a few seasons ago. My wife and I just do the cups now (FA Cup and Champions League this year), and if we can get to a league game or two I use the exchanges as and when. The ACS takes the pain out of getting the cup games, and the reduced number of fixtures makes it much more manageable financially. It goes without saying that i'd prefer to be going every week, if I could. Alas, it's just not possible due to other priorities.
Twitter | Blog

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2217 on: April 12, 2018, 12:28:55 pm »
Pretty much the same situation I found myself in a few seasons ago. My wife and I just do the cups now (FA Cup and Champions League this year), and if we can get to a league game or two I use the exchanges as and when. The ACS takes the pain out of getting the cup games, and the reduced number of fixtures makes it much more manageable financially. It goes without saying that i'd prefer to be going every week, if I could. Alas, it's just not possible due to other priorities.
Glad I'm not the only one. Basically couldnt spend another grand plus, then cup games again and everything that comes with it just not possible. Ok when their is one of you but 2 it gets steep real quick. Obviously not what I want to do but I need this mortgage by Christmas and with the PL games taken off that pays our fees for everything so no brainer really. Still be their screaming the boys on in all cups though!

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2218 on: April 12, 2018, 12:34:38 pm »
I came off the league homes 3 years ago. Just do ACS now on all home cups and in a decent positin for away cups.

We have 2 cards with 1 previous on the league aways but they haven't been much use this season!
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2219 on: April 12, 2018, 12:49:43 pm »
I came off the league homes 3 years ago. Just do ACS now on all home cups and in a decent positin for away cups.

We have 2 cards with 1 previous on the league aways but they haven't been much use this season!
I can see it working for us. Not that we don't get the buzz about every game but I went away last year for 4 weeks and when I came back I was dying to get back to anfield. 2 times a week is great if you can genuinely afford it and move work around for it but I was becoming more of a hindrance this year's with the fixture changes, times etc work have been good tbf but I'm not going to keep taking the piss. Doenst make us any less loyal in my eyes, circumstances change just a shame about losing all them credits

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #2220 on: April 12, 2018, 06:07:28 pm »
Did the same prior to the 16/17 season, learning the news that I would become a father my priorities changed so I now do the ACS for the cups and occasionally try and pick up a league game or 2 either in the late sales or through the exchange.
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2221 on: April 13, 2018, 10:52:44 am »
I ruined going the game for my Dad n' all. I take him now so it's all worked out ;D

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2222 on: April 20, 2018, 03:01:37 pm »
Has anyone seen any Stoke pop up recently? Keeping an eye out but not seen a single yet!

Offline Van_Pur

• Main Stander
« Reply #2223 on: April 20, 2018, 07:12:02 pm »
Was also checking all week and haven't seen any - probably next week!

Offline youngie

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #2224 on: April 24, 2018, 04:08:54 pm »
Still no Stoke popping up

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
« Reply #2225 on: April 24, 2018, 04:15:53 pm »
Still no Stoke popping up

got a pair before around 11am Main Stand upper

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2226 on: April 26, 2018, 08:10:43 am »
What’s the story with Brighton – were they on sale in the bulk round being the final home game ? See there is a mentioning on “loyalty”-sale, but not too much more
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #2227 on: April 26, 2018, 08:45:20 am »
What’s the story with Brighton – were they on sale in the bulk round being the final home game ? See there is a mentioning on “loyalty”-sale, but not too much more

4 matches required.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2228 on: April 26, 2018, 08:37:42 pm »

Introduced the pre reqs for final home game after the Newcastle farce in 2014 when people that had never set foot in the UK in their life were able to buy a ticket for a game that potentially seen us win the league.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2229 on: May 3, 2018, 10:50:01 pm »
Anyone notice any extras pop up for Brighton since Monday?

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #2230 on: May 3, 2018, 11:29:10 pm »
Can someone clarify that the club no longer offers a general sale to non locals? I know they used to albeit way down in the pecking order after member sales.

Didn't have any lucky with member sales this season so going to cross my fingers I can get some for next season.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2231 on: May 3, 2018, 11:33:30 pm »
Can someone clarify that the club no longer offers a general sale to non locals? I know they used to albeit way down in the pecking order after member sales.

Didn't have any lucky with member sales this season so going to cross my fingers I can get some for next season.
think they do at the start for the non cat A games?

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2232 on: May 4, 2018, 06:20:56 am »

No they don't, you either have to have membership to buy tickets or live in an L postcode to try for a few (without needing membership).

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #2233 on: May 4, 2018, 07:17:22 am »
No they don't, you either have to have membership to buy tickets or live in an L postcode to try for a few (without needing membership).
Ok thanks for clarifying.

Offline Van_Pur

• Main Stander
« Reply #2234 on: May 4, 2018, 08:18:24 am »
Anyone notice any extras pop up for Brighton since Monday?

Yes - yesterday in the afternoon (before 5pm)

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2235 on: May 4, 2018, 03:53:21 pm »
Couple up for Brighton

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2236 on: May 6, 2018, 10:42:48 am »
Anyone take a guess when July Bulk sales will be? Got some holidays to plan and need to avoid clashes...

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #2237 on: May 6, 2018, 12:32:13 pm »
Anyone take a guess when July Bulk sales will be? Got some holidays to plan and need to avoid clashes...

I had to book early this year.. Booked two weeks in Spain from the 15th.
In other words it’s now definitely gonna be the third week I July ;)

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2238 on: May 11, 2018, 07:48:54 pm »
Do we reckon any will pop up for Brighton tomorrow?

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2239 on: May 21, 2018, 05:59:31 pm »
If your membership renewal fails - can anyone remind me what you need to do? And on what date(s)?

Thanks.