Author Topic: Emre Can  (Read 290032 times)

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
Re: Emre Can
« Reply #400 on: May 16, 2017, 06:58:30 pm »
Was really good as a DM. Im so confused tho i cant really think of too many players similar to him who play there tho. What type of DM is he?

Like Koeman, just minus the 20 goals a season and being corrupted by bitterness.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #401 on: May 17, 2017, 06:16:08 pm »
He's in the German squad for this summer's Confederations Cup in Russia. Good for him but cuts down his break and pre-season again.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #402 on: May 17, 2017, 06:21:09 pm »
He's in the German squad for this summer's Confederations Cup in Russia. Good for him but cuts down his break and pre-season again.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Wasn't his injury issue an ongoing one? Whereby rest was important, and while he could play through the pain barrier it took time for it to heal? More football and a shortened pre-season wont do him or us any favours.

I wouldn't mind a little 'surgery' or something to ensure he doesn't go.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: May 17, 2017, 07:26:45 pm »
Wasn't his injury issue an ongoing one? Whereby rest was important, and while he could play through the pain barrier it took time for it to heal? More football and a shortened pre-season wont do him or us any favours.

I wouldn't mind a little 'surgery' or something to ensure he doesn't go.

Yeah, I thought he might not get called up. Wondering if he'll miss the trip to Oz to give him a bit more rest as well.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #404 on: May 17, 2017, 10:45:44 pm »
what's the latest on his contract. its gone quiet on that front, sounds like a bit of a stalemate in negotiations. is form the last 2 months you would certainly think strengthens his and is agent's hand for a hefty pay increase. with a year left on his deal he could potentially be sold if he doesnt sign a new contract. i really hope we get is contract done in the next few weeks.

Online Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: May 17, 2017, 11:28:37 pm »
what's the latest on his contract. its gone quiet on that front, sounds like a bit of a stalemate in negotiations. is form the last 2 months you would certainly think strengthens his and is agent's hand for a hefty pay increase. with a year left on his deal he could potentially be sold if he doesnt sign a new contract. i really hope we get is contract done in the next few weeks.

As far as I can tell some rawkites don't reckon he's worth 100k a week so FSG have decided not to bother. It's all good though cos we can get Lee Cattermole on less money who has the added bonus of being English. #Winning all the way to the bank.

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: May 18, 2017, 01:21:35 am »
As far as I can tell some rawkites don't reckon he's worth 100k a week so FSG have decided not to bother. It's all good though cos we can get Lee Cattermole on less money who has the added bonus of being English. #Winning all the way to the bank.
Uhh i dont think thats what we're doing dude. More likely they are just waiting till the end of the season.
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Emre Can - Goal Of The Season
« Reply #407 on: May 22, 2017, 12:11:04 am »
So Emre's goal got Goal of the Season on MOTD.

Well done lad.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 12:16:59 am by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Emre Can - Goal Of The Season
« Reply #408 on: May 22, 2017, 12:11:40 am »
Well done Emre you beauty

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rF0fHm9q8nI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rF0fHm9q8nI</a>
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 12:13:20 am by Ronnie Pickering »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #409 on: May 22, 2017, 12:13:25 am »
Henderson's against Chelsea wasn't bad either.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #410 on: May 22, 2017, 12:14:47 am »
Henderson's against Chelsea wasn't bad either.

I thought Carroll's might win......better than the flukey backheels.
#JFT97

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #411 on: May 22, 2017, 12:15:38 am »
Who would have thought Can would get goal of the season. Funny old game.

Online chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #412 on: May 22, 2017, 12:28:59 am »
Well in Emre lad.
YNWA - JFT97

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: May 22, 2017, 12:30:49 am »
I thought Carroll's might win......better than the flukey backheels.

Don't think any of the backheels were particularly flukey.  Fortuitous that they came of, maybe at a push, but the intent and the skill was there.

Still, Emre and Andy's goals were a cut above.

Offline Oside Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #414 on: May 22, 2017, 12:32:16 am »
I'm glad the offside Manc goal didn't win it.  The other 3 were all worthy.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #415 on: May 22, 2017, 12:34:16 am »
Congrats Emre, I still think Firmino's goal at Stoke was better.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #416 on: May 22, 2017, 12:36:41 am »
Well in Emre!

Some serious contenders this year too.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Oside Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #417 on: May 22, 2017, 12:37:05 am »
Come to think of it, we could've had numerous, legit contenders.  Hendo's v. Chelsea, Firmino's v. Stoke, even Mane's solo effort v. Arsenal IMO. 

Coutinho's free kick v. Arsenal is probably the best I've seen all year as well.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: May 22, 2017, 01:03:24 am »
Come to think of it, we could've had numerous, legit contenders.  Hendo's v. Chelsea, Firmino's v. Stoke, even Mane's solo effort v. Arsenal IMO. 

Coutinho's free kick v. Arsenal is probably the best I've seen all year as well.

Coutinho's scored about 4 or 5 like that this season, he could have had a competition all of his own.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #419 on: May 22, 2017, 02:33:35 am »
Can's is a worthy winner but Henderson's is probably my personal favourite.

Lallana's against Arsenal on the opening day doesn't get mentioned but it's finished with such graceful technique. Same with Origi in the game we don't speak of anymore.

Offline Dave Mc

• Legacy Fan
  • I 'll be back for breakfast
« Reply #420 on: May 22, 2017, 02:42:04 am »
Honestly, it's a tough pick between Emre's and Carroll's.

Carroll's flew at the speed of sound, and never dropped altitude. It was beautiful to behold. Perfect technique and connection.

But Can's was a harder skill. The ball is coming from behind as Emre is running away from it. He also had to generate enough pace to beat the keeper.

The cross for Carroll's provide more pace for the shot, the ball travelling in a less severe arc, and whipped sideways to a waiting Carroll.

All in all, Carroll's was more aesthetically pleasing (just), while Can's is a more commendable strike because he had to do a more in comparison.
Mark Noble is a shithouse!! - Phil M, 5/3/08

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #421 on: May 22, 2017, 02:59:47 am »
Honestly, it's a tough pick between Emre's and Carroll's.

Carroll's flew at the speed of sound, and never dropped altitude. It was beautiful to behold. Perfect technique and connection.

But Can's was a harder skill. The ball is coming from behind as Emre is running away from it. He also had to generate enough pace to beat the keeper.

The cross for Carroll's provide more pace for the shot, the ball travelling in a less severe arc, and whipped sideways to a waiting Carroll.

All in all, Carroll's was more aesthetically pleasing (just), while Can's is a more commendable strike because he had to do a more in comparison.

Plus Can has better hair.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #422 on: May 22, 2017, 01:05:45 pm »
looking at Emre's goal again, you can see why it was so surprising.  Not just that we hadn't seen Can overheads before.  But until the ball gets very close to him, it looks like he might just chest it down and try to take it from there.  It is not a position where the overhead is obviously on, like Rooney's one a few years back.

Then all of a sudden you get the overhead and everything about it, and the trajectory and direction of the ball, is perfect.

It's like that advert on the box at the moment where they show a dull moment of football and then change it around to something improbably wonderful.

Offline Dave Mc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: May 22, 2017, 02:26:28 pm »

There's no greater mismatch in football.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: May 22, 2017, 02:29:01 pm »
Was really good seeing Emre get some form near the end of the season.

Let's get him signed up to a new deal.

Will be nice to see some real competition for places in midfield next season.  Him and Henderson might be competing for the DM role and that can only be good for LFC.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: May 22, 2017, 02:29:43 pm »
Get his contract sorted.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: May 22, 2017, 02:31:58 pm »

Explains why that bitter bald twat Shearer didn't vote for him.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: May 22, 2017, 02:44:27 pm »
The Guardian taking the piss by not including his goal in their end of season contenders.  :wanker

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: May 22, 2017, 03:47:39 pm »
I'm one of the sad pricks who went online and voted for it! Literally took 20 seconds though. Superb goal, be shocked if he scores a better one. And more importantly, vital 3 points to help secure 4th.

The Guardian taking the piss by not including his goal in their end of season contenders.  :wanker

Let me guess, Mkhitaryan's offside goal is in there...

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #429 on: May 22, 2017, 04:13:25 pm »
no word on Maureen either, they are bad meffs.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #430 on: May 22, 2017, 04:37:56 pm »
Might be a bit of an exaggeration but IMO he really stepped up and carried us to 4th, especially good since he got so much stick earlier in the season from all the usual experts.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: May 22, 2017, 04:48:18 pm »
Might be a bit of an exaggeration but IMO he really stepped up and carried us to 4th, especially good since he got so much stick earlier in the season from all the usual experts.

don't think it's exaggerating - once he got healthy he seemed to be able to do "things" again. Still has some glaring deficiencies that need to be worked out.

to be fair - in the last 12 games - the whole team stepped up overall - even when the goals dried up (barring the last two games) - Migs, Coutinho and Firmino off the bench at stoke, Can, Lallana playing 70 unplanned mins when Coutinho was injured, Sturridge getting back from what was termed a season ending injury, etc.

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #432 on: May 22, 2017, 05:39:51 pm »
Give him a new contract asap!

Since he's been injury free and got rid of those niggling ones he's been one of the best players.
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.

Offline Dave Mc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: May 22, 2017, 09:01:50 pm »
Since he's been injury free and got rid of those niggling ones he's been one of the best players.

He was arguably the de facto captain on the pitch while Hendo was out.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: May 22, 2017, 10:07:42 pm »
I'm quite new to social media etc but shit me the facetwat stuff from the MoTD FB page about the goal of the season is depressing. Got grown adults using Liverfool, and Manure and all that UTTER bollocks. So depressing. No wonder there's a North Korea. Also .. manure is a glorious thing. #smh

I think Can deserves that personally without bias... and for me, it just beats Sanchez's goal which wasn't even in the list. That was a thing of beauty.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #435 on: May 22, 2017, 10:11:27 pm »
to be fair - in the last 12 games -
I thought he was sensational. 27 pts last 12 games without Mane and Lallana for the most part speaks volumes. Nobody ever mentioned Hendo in that period which tells you how well Emre has done.

I'm very worried about his contract though, when players postpone contract talks to the summer it's rarely a good thing. Here's hoping we get it done, we need to keep all our good players.

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #436 on: May 22, 2017, 10:15:42 pm »
Who would have thought Can would get goal of the season. Funny old game.

Bit like didi hamann
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline simbo

• Kopite
« Reply #437 on: May 22, 2017, 11:07:51 pm »
I thought he was sensational. 27 pts last 12 games without Mane and Lallana for the most part speaks volumes. Nobody ever mentioned Hendo in that period which tells you how well Emre has done.

I'm very worried about his contract though, when players postpone contract talks to the summer it's rarely a good thing. Here's hoping we get it done, we need to keep all our good players.
Especially of his age profile

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: May 23, 2017, 09:18:59 am »
Get his contract sorted.

This, we can't rely on Henderson anymore.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #439 on: May 23, 2017, 09:25:58 am »
This, we can't rely on Henderson anymore.

We need depth as well.

If Can's new contract is about money then we should pay him the going rate of 80-100k p/w. If it's about playing time then we should assure him he's an absolute key member of the playing squad.

I just want it sorted. It makes sense for us and our transfer model. What's the point in buying young talent, going through the growing pains of their development and then letting their contract run down when they are entering the prime of their career.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.