Author Topic: Lucas  (Read 143788 times)

Offline ricen

• peas
  • Kopite
  • "That's how you get ants."
Re: Lucas
« Reply #840 on: July 18, 2017, 11:31:03 pm »
Thank you for your service. An example for all. Never forgotten. YNWA
"Not all who wander are lost, not all that glitters is gold."

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #841 on: July 18, 2017, 11:49:35 pm »
All the best in Italy, Lucas!

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #842 on: July 19, 2017, 12:25:48 am »
Superb servant to the club. A gentleman. Wish him the best at Lazio.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #843 on: July 19, 2017, 12:42:09 am »
A true professional. Wish you all the very best in your future , and hope there may be a place for you back here one day in some capacity.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #844 on: July 19, 2017, 02:51:46 am »
All the best.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #845 on: July 19, 2017, 02:57:47 am »
Nothing but good things to say about Lucas. Hoping he enjoys Italy.

Offline Louis Bimpson

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #846 on: July 19, 2017, 03:32:14 am »
Huge respect and best wishes, will never go down as one of our best, partly due to injury when hitting his peak, but you won't find a truer red who left everything on the pitch every time he pulled on the jersey. That he stayed on to notch up 10 years with us speaks volumes of what the club meant to him ... think he'll really well in Italian league, YNWA

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #847 on: July 19, 2017, 04:01:19 am »
Sad to see him go, a very good versatile player who always gave his best on and off the field.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #848 on: July 19, 2017, 05:33:14 am »
Good luck Lucas.

Was always fascinated at how someone signed more as an attacking midfielder from Brazil regressed so much in an attacking sense (goals/assists/incisive passes/dribbling) but developed so well in defence and robustness to the point where he was elite in reading the game and making tackling/interceptions and became very very good at heading the ball for his height - eventually being able to play at CB and do it quite well despite some criticisms...look at how he helped keep a clean sheet against the league and individual top scorers Spurs and Kane for example. But everyone kept harping on about his lack of pace - true but he was only really exposed when the team stuffed up like Gini losing the ball in dangerous area allowing 1 quick pass to be played in behind him when our team was not in proper defensive shape.

Anyway will miss the unluckeees!

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #849 on: July 19, 2017, 06:33:59 am »
Sad he's leaving, but in a way he's one of those players you know will always be a part of the club.

His departure for Lazio feels a bit like Stevie leaving for LA Galaxy - like he's retired rather than transferred elsewhere.

And that's not to cast aspersions on his ability or the Serie A or Lazio or to doubt that he'll succeed. It just feels like his career was really Liverpool, and the rest is an epilogue.

That said, I thought Figo was just going to take it easy at Inter, and he won absolutely everything. So maybe there's plenty of glory coming Lucas's way yet. I selfishly kinda hope he won't go on to be a superstar there though. I want Liverpool to be his club, and no other.

(Jog on, Gremio.)

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #850 on: July 19, 2017, 08:08:18 am »
Good luck to a great servant of the club who always acted with professionalism and dignity in an age where that is sadly becoming rarer.

I sincerely hope he comes back in a different capacity in the future as I think he can offer the club a great deal.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #851 on: July 19, 2017, 08:14:04 am »
YNWA Faithfull servant
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #852 on: July 19, 2017, 08:35:08 am »
Best of luck Lucas; always seemed a cracking lad.

Offline BabsLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #853 on: July 19, 2017, 09:02:33 am »
Loved Lucas from the moment he signed. What a hard working, great servant of the club. Its such a shame about his acl at the time he was pumping out class dm performances back in 2012!

Just one note, what did the first team players buy him as a gift on his 10 year celebration night?

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #854 on: July 19, 2017, 09:08:19 am »
Good luck Lucas, thanks for all your hard work and loyal service.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #855 on: July 19, 2017, 09:20:09 am »
Wish him and his family all the best in Italy and with life beyond football.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #856 on: July 19, 2017, 09:43:47 am »
Loved how he always got stuck in and played hard. Hated when he gave away silly fouls because of it ;D Really, really liked him, just an all-around decent guy. Good luck in the everlasting city, Lucas.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
Re: Lucas Leiva
« Reply #857 on: July 19, 2017, 10:54:36 am »
Pretty gutted he has left, he was the perfect example to anyone in life;

Gets slated to the point of tears but doesn't stop believing in himself and carries on working his arse off... becomes the number one name on the team sheet until injury strikes him.

Doesn't give up hope and gets on with getting himself back to a good level where he can still contribute to the team. Never hear a bad word from him or about him, always positive, always smiling.

YNWA Lucas
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #858 on: July 19, 2017, 11:20:43 am »
And there goes the last of the old guard. One of my very favourite players and a true gentleman. Wish him well, wish he were staying.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline itsalltosh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #859 on: July 19, 2017, 11:24:11 am »
Thanks for some great memories Lucas and good luck moving forward

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: July 19, 2017, 11:24:59 am »
It's going to be interesting to see how he does it at Lazio. Maybe he's suited to the pace of the Serie A. With his physique and hard playing style he can surely kick some of the italian prima donnas around.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #861 on: July 19, 2017, 11:27:54 am »
Goodbye great fella! would love him back at the club in some role one day! Had a massive influence in the dressing  room. Very sad. Did he ever have a flag in his honour?

Offline DadsRedArmy

• from Thetford
  • Anny Roader
  • Top 2 this season
« Reply #862 on: July 19, 2017, 12:59:19 pm »
Good Luck Lucas, youll always be a red, Ta Lad

Offline jarode

• Main Stander
« Reply #863 on: July 19, 2017, 05:19:39 pm »
A good lad to have around... all the best Lucas.

Offline garumn

• Kopite
« Reply #864 on: July 19, 2017, 05:23:57 pm »
One of my favourite players at the club in the past few years. Always put in a professional shift, never moaned or complained when he didn't play or was player out of position. Model professional and seemed like an all around decent fella. Will miss him a lot, hope we get enough depth that this does not come back to bite us in the ass.

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
  • We'll be coming down the road...
« Reply #865 on: July 19, 2017, 05:29:59 pm »
I haven't identified with anyone at the club as with this man over the last decade. He had a tough start after being signed for a sizeable fee at the time, with many high hopes of him being the next Brazilian attacking wonder. But Christ did he work hard, keep his head down, take every opportunity and force his way into our history.

By all accounts a lovely bloke, and wasn't he great before that bastard injury. And even after, came back, did a job in many roles, always professional.

Certain he'll be back one day.

Thanks Lucas.
Journo: ''So, let me get this right, train, coach, train, plane.''
Rafa: ''No, coach first because we will not be walking to the train station.''

Don't Buy The Sun - www.dontbuythesun.co.uk

It was poodle. She was rocking a fucking poodle to sleep.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #866 on: July 19, 2017, 06:27:22 pm »
A fucking top quality lad

Thanks so much Lucas   :'(
YNWA

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #867 on: July 19, 2017, 06:34:41 pm »
In his first couple of years my mates were saying 'why the hell did we buy him ?' and 'he won't last - awful !'  I told them to mark my words that he would be a very good player and last a long time at Liverpool - well, to those same mates I say.........I told you so !!
What a great farewell video he's done........ha, ha 'I'm one of you now' - says it all, just brilliant ! Ultra-professional and a great influence in the dressing room and off pitch. But, for me, the respect and admiration he has for the supporters and for the City of Liverpool stands out above all else. I remember the goal celebrations at Villa Park - when he launched himself into the away supporters......not once, but twice !! Absolutely brilliant ! When he said after hearing the Liverpool supporters at Wigan chanting his name and calling him a Scouser - that meant more to him than any medals.....well, what can you say except fantastic. You have my utmost admiration, respect and thanks Lucas, for all you have achieved. Hope you and your family have success and happiness in Italy. You'll be missed - YNWA.

Offline thom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #868 on: July 19, 2017, 07:38:34 pm »
Great player for us and a great personality. Even when almost everyone turned on him, especially at the beginning of his time here, he didn't say one bad word about club or supporters.

Absolute role model and top professional!!

All the best for you Lucas and thanks for all the effort and hard work you put in at our great club  :'( :wave

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #869 on: July 19, 2017, 08:00:54 pm »
Will always remember his unreal display against Man City at Anfield under Kenny. Hodgson had at first shunned him from the team but eventually had no choice but to play him regularly and it was fantastic that as soon as the King arrived, Lucas was the main man in that midfield. He totally bossed it from then on. I remember from that Man City game Gary Neville did a big bit of analysis a few months later on how to deal with Yaya Toure, where he went back to Lucas's masterclass against him.

He was colossal although as I remember it, Kenny decided against giving him a midweek rest at Chelsea in the League Cup and in that very game he suffered that horrible knee injury. I was fucking gutted for him because he really was reaching a high high level, one of the best destroyers in the world level. Sadly he never quite seemed the same but his fight and attitude saw him have spells of coming back into the team and being seemingly undroppable, this happened under multiple managers. But after that injury he really did seem to lose something and back came the needless fouls that haunted his early years with the club, most memorable for me was when we were chasing the title and he gave a clanger away at Wigan which lead to them taking a point off us.

One thing that was always underrated about Lucas was his immense ability to win headers. Again this was particularly pre-injury around 2010/2011 but he never ever seemed to lose a header in the midfield. His positional sense was fantastic and he seemed to hang in the air, Ronaldo-esque. Of course as well his short, sharp passes forward became a bit of a trademark.

My highlight was him getting given the Golden Samba award at the end of the 2010/11 season. Ironically it was after a Spurs game where for once he had a bit of a mare chasing the shadow of Luka Modric (no shame in that as it would emerge) , but it was a hugely well deserved award and one that really signalled how far he had come. From maligned by practically everyone to becoming a real hero and leader at the club. It's a shame his best years as a player were when we were at our absolute worst in the league, and a shame about the injuries, but overall his time at the club will be remembered extremely fondly. What a pro he is, what an attitude he has and he will be sorely missed.

Best of luck at Lazio, Lucas!

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #870 on: July 19, 2017, 08:08:50 pm »
An Austrian Laziale I'm friends with on Facebook snapped a selfie of him and Lucas from their training camp...

It just felt so weird to see him in another colour  :o
Linudden.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #871 on: July 20, 2017, 06:35:05 am »
All the best Mr Leiva, a true servant and role model.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #872 on: July 20, 2017, 08:19:46 pm »
Really would have liked one more season from him, but alas, his choice to be a full-time player so can't fault him. What a class act, still remember when he joined in, at ripe age of 20. All the best YNWA 
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline martinsquirtle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #873 on: July 21, 2017, 04:29:26 pm »
 :'(

Good luck lad

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #874 on: July 21, 2017, 04:46:29 pm »
Klopp on Lucas: "We always had a very respectful understanding. When he left we both had a little tear in our eye. It was a special moment."

Top lads, both.

Offline exino

• tic tac toe
  • Kopite
  • Youth coach. Total football proponent. JFT96.
« Reply #875 on: July 21, 2017, 08:58:06 pm »
Lucas has been one of the very best servants to the club for the last decade. The legacy he leaves here is one of never giving up and never giving in.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HLdLRtVAJqk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HLdLRtVAJqk</a>
"Football is a simple game, yet it is difficult to play simple football."- Johan Cruyff

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #876 on: July 21, 2017, 09:00:49 pm »
"Things change but Lucas is a special case," said Klopp. "He asked [to leave]. I would say he's a friend. He's a fantastic person.

"How I know and how he knows, he has a few issues when he's not playing! But we always had a very respectful understanding.

"It was really good. When he left, we both had a little tear in our eye. It was really a special moment.

"For the team, it's difficult. It's the age and it's life. He could sign a long-term contract in Rome and how can I say: 'You stay here, but I don't know if you sign a new contract and I don't know how often you will play next year'.

"So you need to be honest, especially with a player like him.

"He loves Liverpool. It's unbelievable. He comes from Brazil - it's a nice country and the weather is much better.

"He could imagine staying in Liverpool for the rest of his life."

Klopp also said that he would be open to the midfielder returning to Anfield in the future in a coaching role.

The German added: "I told him that the door is always open for him after his three years and [if] I'm still here, of course, then we will find a place for him.

"I'm sure he'll be a fantastic coach or manager."
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #877 on: July 22, 2017, 12:01:08 am »
Top bloke.  Makes me a little sad seeing his name in the former player section.  Good luck in Italy.

Offline Lucaspool FC

• Kopite
« Reply #878 on: July 22, 2017, 12:59:23 pm »
Is it possible to change your nick here? :'( This is very sad, but I know he will do very well at Lazio.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #879 on: July 22, 2017, 01:01:09 pm »
Lucas is a class lad and he will be missed by the LFC family.  :wave