Author Topic: Dejan Lovren  (Read 503436 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dejan Lovren signs new long-term Liverpool contract
« Reply #3400 on: November 18, 2018, 08:41:56 pm »
You claimed I hadn't "bothered to do the research". You have dramatically misrepresented me, and I demand satisfaction

and no one was exaggerating anything he posted either. His exact quote is no different than what I said but keeps playing ''where did I say that, I didn't say that'' game.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3401 on: November 18, 2018, 09:01:39 pm »
and no one was exaggerating anything he posted either. His exact quote is no different than what I said but keeps playing ''where did I say that, I didn't say that'' game.

You seem to be missing the point. We have a system on here in which it is incredibly easy to quote a persons post, you do that time and time again. I objected to you deliberately not doing that and instead putting something I didn't say in quotes and then replying to it.

It is disingenuous especially when it is so easy to quote a person's post verbatim.

Secondly tarnished and badly damaged simply aren't interchangeable terms. For me Lovren's actions after the game took some of the shine off a fantastic performance by Croatia. That is what tarnished means. In Football terms a great performance can be tarnished by an injury or unnecessary card late on.

That is miles away from something being badly damaged. My views may be coloured by the fact that I was in Spain last week and saw how the reaction changed from Spanish people being complimentary about Croatia's performance to being negative about Lovren's post match actions.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3402 on: November 18, 2018, 09:59:53 pm »
You seem to be missing the point. We have a system on here in which it is incredibly easy to quote a persons post, you do that time and time again. I objected to you deliberately not doing that and instead putting something I didn't say in quotes and then replying to it.

I wasn't arsed quoting it the usual way, so I did it the way I did it. Sue me

The actual point is what you said was laughable to me. You keep harping on how it was quoted as if its taken out of context when it's clearly not and then you have cojones to say that I'm making things up?

"It is not Ramos and Madrid who have had their reputation tarnished it is Lovren, Croatia and Liverpool."
"I hoped he could of come without the baggage that badly damaged the reputation of the Club."

''Badly damaged the reputation of the club''

I'm making things up?  Clearly am not, and you're moving the goalposts in your already bizarre arguement as it is.

Secondly tarnished and badly damaged simply aren't interchangeable terms. For me Lovren's actions after the game took some of the shine off a fantastic performance by Croatia. That is what tarnished means. In Football terms a great performance can be tarnished by an injury or unnecessary card late on.

So which one is it? Since you said he did both. I didn't realize you  represented the entire nation of Croatia and what they all think about their win over Spain and their performance afterwards. And here I am foolish, having watched Croatian news and coverage of the game afterwards,the reaction,etc... and not coming away with the conclusion that Lovren tarnished their win. You don't have to explain to me what tarnished means and what it means in football terms, the fact of the matter is, this is clearly JUST your opinion and not the actual majority consensus about his comments which no one is arsed about other than you, and certainly the people in Croatia don't give a flying fuck about it nor did that have an impact on their performance or outcome today IN your world it did, hence why I said you live in an ALternative world/universe.

My views may be coloured by the fact that I was in Spain last week and saw how the reaction changed from Spanish people being complimentary about Croatia's performance to being negative about Lovren's post match actions.

So you formed a general consensus opinion for the entire world based on how Spanish people were reacting after their captain was being criticized and lambasted for being a dick all of his career? Imagine that, the opposition being bitter about what someone says about their own [captain] after a defeat. What a new concept that is. totally not an unbiased opinion, totally.

If you had said '' i didn't like what Lovren said after the match he shouldn't have done it'' and that was it, I wouldn't have batted an eye lid. But you went on to go into this rant on how Lovren will negatively impact our ability to achieve our objectives, how he is the TOP HEADLINE IN THE WORLD, how everyone else perceives Lovren as the number one dickhead in the game, that he's tarnished Croatia and this club,etc........

I, don't care what other people outside this club think about this club, or it's players or it's manager or the city for that matter. There are a lot of people that have a negative opinion about the club and the city, [and as a Liverpool supporter you should be well aware of what that is] but I am not arsed what anyone else thinks about the club the players and the city, when I can make up my own mind and see what the actual truth is myself.

I certainly don't care what the people of Spain think about Lovren, Croatia, or Liverpool Football club, or any other group of people who are not associated with Liverpool football club.

If you want to be bothered by it, be my guest.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3403 on: November 18, 2018, 10:18:48 pm »
I wasn't arsed quoting it the usual way, so I did it the way I did it. Sue me

The actual point is what you said was laughable to me. You keep harping on how it was quoted as if its taken out of context when it's clearly not and then you have cojones to say that I'm making things up?

"It is not Ramos and Madrid who have had their reputation tarnished it is Lovren, Croatia and Liverpool."
"I hoped he could of come without the baggage that badly damaged the reputation of the Club."

''Badly damaged the reputation of the club''

I'm making things up?  Clearly am not, and you're moving the goalposts in your already bizarre arguement as it is.

So which one is it? Since you said he did both. I didn't realize you  represented the entire nation of Croatia and what they all think about their win over Spain and their performance afterwards. And here I am foolish, having watched Croatian news and coverage of the game afterwards,the reaction,etc... and not coming away with the conclusion that Lovren tarnished their win. You don't have to explain to me what tarnished means and what it means in football terms, the fact of the matter is, this is clearly JUST your opinion and not the actual majority consensus about his comments which no one is arsed about other than you, and certainly the people in Croatia don't give a flying fuck about it nor did that have an impact on their performance or outcome today IN your world it did, hence why I said you live in an ALternative world/universe.

So you formed a general consensus opinion for the entire world based on how Spanish people were reacting after their captain was being criticized and lambasted for being a dick all of his career? Imagine that, the opposition being bitter about what someone says about their own [captain] after a defeat. What a new concept that is. totally not an unbiased opinion, totally.

If you had said '' i didn't like what Lovren said after the match he shouldn't have done it'' and that was it, I wouldn't have batted an eye lid. But you went on to go into this rant on how Lovren will negatively impact our ability to achieve our objectives, how he is the TOP HEADLINE IN THE WORLD, how everyone else perceives Lovren as the number one dickhead in the game, that he's tarnished Croatia and this club,etc........

I, don't care what other people outside this club think about this club, or it's players or it's manager or the city for that matter. There are a lot of people that have a negative opinion about the club and the city, [and as a Liverpool supporter you should be well aware of what that is] but I am not arsed what anyone else thinks about the club the players and the city, when I can make up my own mind and see what the actual truth is myself.

I certainly don't care what the people of Spain think about Lovren, Croatia, or Liverpool Football club, or any other group of people who are not associated with Liverpool football club.

If you want to be bothered by it, be my guest.

That is why you should quote people properly. The bolded bit is quotes from two different posts about TWO different players. They you have the brass neck to say you are not making things up.

The first bit is from a reply of mine to Funky Gibbons about Suarez. YE LUIS SUAREZ not Lovren

So why try and link it to this post.

TA MATE

Firstly what is the point of stirring up the loss against Madrid yet again, for me it is counter productive and provides the opposition with a stick to beat us with.

Ramos and Madrid are universally hated mate but because of the way Lovren had a go he has incredibly seen him come of worse. It is not Ramos and Madrid who have had their reputation tarnished it is Lovren, Croatia and Liverpool.

The reality is that Lovren and Croatia should of been basking in the glory of a famous win over. Instead of that he managed to put a dampener on things and then backed that up by having a poor game today.

For me that is a negative and not a positive.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 10:24:24 pm by Al 555 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3404 on: November 18, 2018, 10:30:21 pm »
That is my mistake, and I apologize for it as I didn't see that you were talking about Luis Suarez in that particular post. I wasn't trying to mix and mince your words intentionally, I read it incorrectly.

HOWEVER

Is something that YOU DID say about Lovren.

My point stands non the less, even taking out the fact that in one post you were talking about Suarez, it makes no difference in terms of what you actually think about Lovren as you clearly believe he tarnished Croatia and Livrpool.  And it's something that I disagree with entirely as I posted above and explained to you.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3405 on: November 18, 2018, 10:33:25 pm »
So... as far as I can tell..

A player is havjng a bit of fun on social media.... that’s it.

Players actually being accessible to the fans,.. personality. And we’re seeing this as a bad thing... fuck me.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3406 on: November 18, 2018, 10:34:38 pm »
That is my mistake, and I apologize for it as I didn't see that you were talking about Luis Suarez in that particular post. I wasn't trying to mix and mince your words intentionally, I read it incorrectly.

HOWEVER

My point stands non the less, even taking out the fact that in one post you were talking about Suarez, it makes no difference in terms of what you actually think about Lovren as you clearly believe he tarnished Croatia and Livrpool.  And it's something that I disagree with entirely as I posted above and explained to you.

I'd be surprised if LFC are bothered and I would imagine Croatia, like all the other Balkan countries are a bit more thick skinned when it comes to trivial insults, what with having a terrible civil war in recent memory.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3407 on: November 18, 2018, 10:43:02 pm »
I'd be surprised if LFC are bothered and I would imagine Croatia, like all the other Balkan countries are a bit more thick skinned when it comes to trivial insults, what with having a terrible civil war in recent memory.

The Croatian media and public in general will be more arsed about  his perjury case and how he changed his mind [him and Modric] but that's a different topic all together. That's something that both of them have been criticized for.

But having contributed to the historic run for their national team, his Ramos gate, is a drop in the ocean really

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3408 on: November 18, 2018, 10:50:47 pm »

No worries mate.

HOWEVER

There can be three possible outcomes of your actions when you choose to post something like that. It enhances your reputation, it tarnishes your reputation or it is pretty neutral. For me Lovren hasn't come out of it well and has then backed that up with a poor performance culminating in terrible defending for the goal that got his Country relegated.

I may be overreacting and there will be a neutral reaction to it but for me there is no chance that highlighting a challenge you got away with, calling a whole team Pussies covering up the Spain badge and saying only one team is worthy or bragging about what you are going to do to your next opponents enhances your reputation or helps your team, especially if you follow it up with a poor personal performance.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3409 on: November 19, 2018, 12:48:03 am »
No worries mate.

There can be three possible outcomes of your actions when you choose to post something like that. It enhances your reputation, it tarnishes your reputation or it is pretty neutral. For me Lovren hasn't come out of it well and has then backed that up with a poor performance culminating in terrible defending for the goal that got his Country relegated.

I may be overreacting and there will be a neutral reaction to it but for me there is no chance that highlighting a challenge you got away with, calling a whole team Pussies covering up the Spain badge and saying only one team is worthy or bragging about what you are going to do to your next opponents enhances your reputation or helps your team, especially if you follow it up with a poor personal performance.

Fair enough Al.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3410 on: November 19, 2018, 06:54:56 pm »
OK I can't believe I am actually going to type this but I do kind of agree with Al

I have no issue with Lovren smashing Ramos( if there was ever a player who deserved it, its him) but Al is right (if for the wrong reasons) that it is counter productive to us as a team that Lovren bragged about doing it.

So next time Lovren jumps with an opponent and they go down clutching their head/face and the referee can't see it properly then there's a good chance we get a free kick against us and maybe Lovren gets booked, of course if he hadn't actually done it in that instance everyone will be giving the ref grief when in fact it was self inflicted.

OK now I need to go take a shower as I feel dirty agreeing with Al

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #3411 on: November 19, 2018, 07:14:40 pm »
I doubt there is a Premier League ref, as shite as they are, worried about what Lovren posted on his instagram account or whatever about Ramos.

That's tin hat conspiracy theories imho..
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3412 on: November 19, 2018, 07:20:30 pm »
I doubt there is a Premier League ref, as shite as they are, worried about what Lovren posted on his instagram account or whatever about Ramos.

Except its not just on social media now it has had coverage all over so there is no doubt that refs are aware and will have taken note that hes admitting to elbowing an opponent, to think otherwise is extremely naive.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3413 on: November 19, 2018, 10:47:10 pm »
OK I can't believe I am actually going to type this but I do kind of agree with Al

I have no issue with Lovren smashing Ramos( if there was ever a player who deserved it, its him) but Al is right (if for the wrong reasons) that it is counter productive to us as a team that Lovren bragged about doing it.

So next time Lovren jumps with an opponent and they go down clutching their head/face and the referee can't see it properly then there's a good chance we get a free kick against us and maybe Lovren gets booked, of course if he hadn't actually done it in that instance everyone will be giving the ref grief when in fact it was self inflicted.

OK now I need to go take a shower as I feel dirty agreeing with Al

The one thing (and without doubt the biggest thing) that needs to be considered is context. Lovren didn't pick a random player, elbow him then mention it after the game. It was a particular player for a reason, it can hardly be used to judge premier league incidents that just happen to be in similar circumstances (meaning going up for a header).

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #3414 on: November 20, 2018, 01:06:01 am »
Holy Shit!

He admitted elbowing a player in the ear so hard he had to grab his ear and say "ouch". 

The refs will witchunt that egregious foul till the end of his days he may as well retire, and certainly Liverpool the football club is tarnished beyond all recognition we will never travel well again the refs and The Lovren Elbow Posting, no living it down, a foul like that in some game you never reffed far away at a different time, how could it not effect your judgment? Its doom, i agree.

Al has a strong point its very childish behavior and normally ridiculous and valueless but i maintain as specific to the the particular Ramos situation the childish behavior has value, strong value. Its not random and its not subtle and its a pointed reminder we dont forget about stuff, while at the same time essentially harmless. The sturm and drang works to our benefit i think in terms of simply being viewed as a club that sticks up for itself although yes kindergarten-y by the perpetrator.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #3415 on: November 20, 2018, 01:49:59 am »
Holy Shit!

He admitted elbowing a player in the ear so hard he had to grab his ear and say "ouch". 

The refs will witchunt that egregious foul till the end of his days he may as well retire, and certainly Liverpool the football club is tarnished beyond all recognition we will never travel well again the refs and The Lovren Elbow Posting, no living it down, a foul like that in some game you never reffed far away at a different time, how could it not effect your judgment? Its doom, i agree.

Al has a strong point its very childish behavior and normally ridiculous and valueless but i maintain as specific to the the particular Ramos situation the childish behavior has value, strong value. Its not random and its not subtle and its a pointed reminder we dont forget about stuff, while at the same time essentially harmless. The sturm and drang works to our benefit i think in terms of simply being viewed as a club that sticks up for itself although yes kindergarten-y by the perpetrator.

I imagine players going up against Ferguson's United knew if they scythed down Kanchelskis or Giggs then Roy Keane would likely try to end their careers for them before the end of the game. If not, he would get them next time around.

So while I don't agree with the how Lovren goes about things, there is some value in opponents knowing our players will hold grudges and stick up for their own.

I really don't see anything negative really coming from this. Nor do I really see anything positive coming from it either if I am honest. I guess that would categorise it as a 'nothing'?
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3416 on: November 20, 2018, 04:14:23 am »
Except its not just on social media now it has had coverage all over so there is no doubt that refs are aware and will have taken note that hes admitting to elbowing an opponent, to think otherwise is extremely naive.

Yeah it was in the papers.

Big deal. It's still stemmed from social media.

Refs are taught to look out for serious foul play. They've all ref'd LFC and Dejan before. He's not someone new to them nor how he goes about his play.

Next time  a defender does the dirty on one of out attackers, it's nice to know Lovren might mark them on a corner and give a little back.

We need a modern day Tommy Smith type.

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3417 on: November 20, 2018, 07:25:41 am »
Love a hard man

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3418 on: November 20, 2018, 07:52:12 am »
It seems a mere few years ago when people would accuse us of being a team of wet tissues. Think now with Robertson, Virgil, Lovren, Joe at the back those days are gone. Ramos fancies himself as a hard man and i think he made a lot of enemies after what he did to Salah last season both in and outside of the club. It was a real cowardly c untish thing to do.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3419 on: November 20, 2018, 09:33:37 am »
So... as far as I can tell..

A player is havjng a bit of fun on social media.... that’s it.

Players actually being accessible to the fans,.. personality. And we’re seeing this as a bad thing... fuck me.

Moaning, crying bastards.

Offline aforce91

• Boys Pen
« Reply #3420 on: November 20, 2018, 10:50:02 am »
Moaning, crying bastards.

Would love to know what some of these people would have to say about Shankly if he was around today posting some of his famous quotes on social media.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3421 on: November 20, 2018, 10:52:56 am »
Would love to know what some of these people would have to say about Shankly if he was around today posting some of his famous quotes on social media.

Football > Life + Death #YNWA #Shanks
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline commando

• Main Stander
« Reply #3422 on: November 20, 2018, 11:30:22 am »
I imagine players going up against Ferguson's United knew if they scythed down Kanchelskis or Giggs then Roy Keane would likely try to end their careers for them before the end of the game. If not, he would get them next time around.

Happy memories of the Kop singing "Tommy's gonna get yer".  If Keegan had been fouled. Followed by a loud roar when he inevitably did 'get' them a few minutes later.  The icing on the cake would be Tommy standing over the player he had fouled and pointing to Keegan to let the perpetrator know exactly why he'd been kicked.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3423 on: November 20, 2018, 11:34:55 am »
I can remember a game against Arsenal where Wilshere had fouled Gerrard. Owen noticed it and said something to the effect of Gerrard wont forget that. Later on Gerrard flattened him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqKuQkspeNg

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3424 on: November 20, 2018, 01:32:01 pm »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3425 on: November 20, 2018, 01:45:28 pm »
It’s part of the evolution of the team. We’ve been too soft, and it’s nice to have a bit of snide and a bit of nastiness. OK, it was a national team game, but Ramos more than deserved that. Months later, changes nothing in the grand scheme of things, but as fans we are delighted when we see the team stick up for our own.

OK, the social media stuff afterwards was probably ill advised, but if we went through everything players do on social media that is ill advised we’d never finish!

On the whole I’m glad Lovren got stuck in. If we play Real Madrid again I think we’ll beat them, and Ramos will think twice about his antics too. All good.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #3426 on: November 20, 2018, 03:06:44 pm »
I can remember a game against Arsenal where Wilshere had fouled Gerrard. Owen noticed it and said something to the effect of Gerrard wont forget that. Later on Gerrard flattened him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqKuQkspeNg

Thats brilliant  ;D

Yeah that is exactly what I mean.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3427 on: November 20, 2018, 04:31:27 pm »

"We're gonna have a party when Suarez gets a pen"

At one stage of his career Suarez was rightly winning more penalties than anyone in the League because he was pretty much unplayable. He got a reputation for 'diving' because Ferguson came out with some diatribe on MOTD and from that moment on he could of been attacked with a machete and wouldn't of got a penalty.

Skrtel always held players at corners and it worked well until it was highlighted on TV.

Look at zonal marking we had the best defensive stats from set pieces under Rafa in the mid noughties yet after every goal the debate was stoked up about zonal marking.

Ferdandinho gets away with killing the game time and time again because he smiles, makes it look accidental and is perceived as a nice guy. Hazard and Kane go down in the box and the pundits spout shite about them being honest and looking to stay on their feet. Paul Scholes used to getting away with horror tackles time and time again because he wasn't that kind of player, he just wasn't very good at tackling.

Perception is everything.

I have said from the start that I was absolutely delighted when Lovren smashed Ramos, even more delighted when he got away with it. That is what we need to do be a bit more snide, a lot more streetwise and get the message out that we won't be walked all over. The caveat is that you do that on the pitch.

Imagine Ferguson's reaction if Keane or Scholes had posted a picture of themselves smashing someone, or Ronaldo had posted a picture of himself diving.

If you are smart and streetwise you push the boundaries but never admit to anything. Look at how vehemently Ferguson defended Keane, Scholes or Ronaldo from accusations of breaking the rules. Streetwise players practice the dark arts and more importantly do everything they can to disguise those actions.

You don't post an image of yourself getting away with one.

As for Referees they have regular briefings and are told to look out for certain things. Why the fuck would anyone be daft enough to in effect grass themselves up.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3428 on: November 20, 2018, 04:35:10 pm »
I agree Al, but I think we can put this one to bed.

Hopefully he continues to play well, helps us lifts trophies and we get the chance to smash Madrid in a game

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3429 on: November 20, 2018, 04:46:42 pm »
Just to put a bit of context behind Al’s crusade against Lovrens elbow

https://youtu.be/Daf7m3CjH68

The elbow is right at the end of the video

As you’ll see, it’s not an elbow. Or a foul. Or anything. It’s quite literally just a strong, dominant, attacking header.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3430 on: November 20, 2018, 04:49:18 pm »

As for Referees they have regular briefings and are told to look out for certain things. Why the fuck would anyone be daft enough to in effect grass themselves up.

Al, can you tell me which player(s) does Lovren have something in for in the Premier League that the Refs will be made aware of?

I want to watch out myself as well.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3431 on: November 20, 2018, 05:03:49 pm »
Just to put a bit of context behind Al’s crusade against Lovrens elbow

https://youtu.be/Daf7m3CjH68

The elbow is right at the end of the video

As you’ll see, it’s not an elbow. Or a foul. Or anything. It’s quite literally just a strong, dominant, attacking header.

Can you show me the ones Ramos posted of himself elbowing Karius or judo throwing Salah to the floor ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3432 on: November 20, 2018, 05:10:31 pm »
Al, can you tell me which player(s) does Lovren have something in for in the Premier League that the Refs will be made aware of?

So you are suggesting that Lovren deliberately elbowed Ramos and then published a still of himself doing it. Surely that would be to show how tough he is and that he will seek retribution. Well if I was an opposition forward who wants to gain an advantage all you would have to do is have a snarl with Lovren then go down at the next set piece clutching your head.

The ref then has a split second to make a decision do you think garnering a reputation for going looking for players and being a volatile character will go for him or against him ?

Personally I prefer the streetwise smiling assassins.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3433 on: November 20, 2018, 05:51:39 pm »
Can you show me the ones Ramos posted of himself elbowing Karius or judo throwing Salah to the floor ?

I don’t think there are any....?

Can you spot the odd one out of the three? I’ll give you a clue (one of them wasn’t a foul or any sort of foul play)

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3434 on: November 20, 2018, 06:07:33 pm »
So you are suggesting that Lovren deliberately elbowed Ramos and then published a still of himself doing it. Surely that would be to show how tough he is and that he will seek retribution. Well if I was an opposition forward who wants to gain an advantage all you would have to do is have a snarl with Lovren then go down at the next set piece clutching your head.

The ref then has a split second to make a decision do you think garnering a reputation for going looking for players and being a volatile character will go for him or against him ?

Personally I prefer the streetwise smiling assassins.

I'll ask a second time as maybe retaliation for losing the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE  FINAL has little bearing on a League match unless Ramos moves to the PL.

So i'll ask again:

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3435 on: November 20, 2018, 06:12:01 pm »
I don’t think there are any....?

Can you spot the odd one out of the three? I’ll give you a clue (one of them wasn’t a foul or any sort of foul play)

Posting opinion as fact as usual mate.

For me it is borderline, Lovren gets the run on Ramos, gets up early but definitely catches Ramos on the head with his arm. If the Ref gets a clear view then I think he has a decision to make. A decision which can go either way for me.

Now unlike you I don't post my opinion as fact but for me the motivation for Lovren posting the image was likely to be because Ramos got hurt. So for me I don't think it is wise firstly I don't think it is wise to highlight a challenge that the officials may well of missed and secondly I don't see the point of posting an image of yourself hurting an opponent whether it is deliberate or not.

Posting the image makes it appear that it was more than likely deliberate and for me makes it more likely that an official who has seen that image will subconsciously give you less benefit of the doubt next time.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3436 on: November 20, 2018, 06:21:51 pm »
I'll ask a second time as maybe retaliation for losing the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE  FINAL has little bearing on a League match unless Ramos moves to the PL.

So i'll ask again:

Are you suggesting for instance that you could win a Champions League or International game with a clear dive and then that would have absolutely no influence on domestic games ?

What you seem to be missing is that Lovren posting the image means he is showing a propensity to retaliate and look for revenge. So next time he has a snarl with an opposing player. Then the officials will be looking out for him retaliating in the aftermath of the incident.

With the most streetwise of teams they look to feign innocence and take it in turns to dish out any retaliatory acts. They don't post images of themselves whacking a player they are having a running feud with.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3437 on: November 20, 2018, 06:22:58 pm »
There’s honestly no discussion to be had with anyone who thinks that’s a borderline foul  :D

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3438 on: November 20, 2018, 06:27:37 pm »

What you seem to be missing is that Lovren posting the image means he is showing a propensity to retaliate and look for revenge.

;D Referees aren't from the FBI Al, they really aren't that arsed, infact you are the only person I can see anywhere that's still going on about it.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3439 on: November 20, 2018, 06:40:59 pm »
There’s honestly no discussion to be had with anyone who thinks that’s a borderline foul  :D

Brilliant mate, you have just replied to a post asking you not to post opinion as fact by posting an other opinion as fact.

As for being a foul personally I think it is a toss up between it being a fair challenge in which he has accidentally caught Ramos or one in which he has deliberately left one on Ramos.

Now for it to be given as a foul under law 12 the threshold is pretty low. All it requires is to be judged as Careless. All that it requires is that a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. 

Personally I think we all hope it was a case of Lovren deliberately leaving a bit on Ramos and getting away with it.

The problem I have is Lovren posting the image. I would suggest most people would be unlikely to think Lovren would post an image of himself accidentally catching an opposition player, especially when he has been having a running feud with that player.
"Ohhh-kayyy"