Author Topic: Augsburg Away - 18th Feb  (Read 84705 times)

Offline uppercentenary92

• Main Stander
Re: Augsburg Away - 18th Feb
« Reply #240 on: January 23, 2016, 05:12:13 pm »
There are 10 of us, and all have spent good money to travel. As previous posts have mentioned, most of us going have availed ourselves on the pre-booked trains at the cheapest rates. As people have said we are now at the whim of the TO in Germany as well as in the UK. That collection point better be the closest hotel to the train station.

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: January 23, 2016, 05:28:48 pm »
They'll bin this after Augsburg. Too much bureaucracy & more than a thousand people collecting tickets INDIVIDUALLY... going to degenerate into a farce on the day.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: January 23, 2016, 05:51:05 pm »
If I was a betting man this will see more new people going on their own loyalty and probably a larger number of people losing loyalty as no one turned up to collect.

Would like to know how you can possibly think more new people going on their own loyalty, when this is likely to sell out on 7 credits at worst or 6 at best

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #243 on: January 24, 2016, 08:57:03 am »
They'll bin this after Augsburg. Too much bureaucracy & more than a thousand people collecting tickets INDIVIDUALLY... going to degenerate into a farce on the day.
I'm not too sure about that.  Trip abroad for some of the TO staff, all expenses paid and earning your wage while you're there. 

We collected tickets in Gomel - admittedly only a few of us made the trip - but the TO staff seemed to be enjoying themselves and were well organised with all the tickets in envelopes.  The collection point in Gomel was next to the hotel that the team were staying in and they said that they would transfer up to the ground, so late comers could collect there.  Perhaps they'll do that with Augsburg.  There were only about 20 travelled to Gomel, but it was interesting to see piles and piles of envelopes with tickets in them, all bought for credits.

Personally, I'm in favour of this new approach, as it is a step to reduce touting.  But then again, we go to most euro aways, and would prefer tickets to be bought by those who actually travel, so we can get a decent away support & atmosphere.
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #244 on: January 24, 2016, 09:32:38 am »
totally agree as i said to someone before LFC closing the stable door after the horse has bolted they and we all knew about buying for credits for god knows how long, if they had managed this correctly over the years we wouldnt be in this situation ludogorets, Beşiktaş bordeaux all in the last 12 months probably no more than 600/700 of us there yet thousands of tickets they sold knowing full well whats going on but instead of making collection at these place where not many actually there they do it at a popular one and then fucking make a joke of the collection by saying as long as the person buying the tickets says who is collecting it and takes a fucking fan card they can have a ticket! how is that gonna stop this shit i've already been offered 3 tickets by people not going saying theyll give me fuckin letters absolute joke of a club

it is an absolute joke,   this scenario has been happening from the year dot with League match and domestic cup matches since they lost the pay gates and standing areas became seated, furthermore and common knowledge,  the instigators of this format in the supporters committee meetings are also complicit in ticket 'touting'   surely most people who have travelled on a certain 'coach tour' to away games know the score, the cliché have even invented their own VIP section

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #245 on: January 24, 2016, 09:34:48 am »

totally agree,  I remember a few years ago they wanted everyone to take their club cards to this certain European away that I cant remember,  the box of tricks didn't work and the mass arriving of fans 5-10 minutes before kick off swamped the hapless stewards

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #246 on: January 24, 2016, 09:53:07 am »
totally agree,  I remember a few years ago they wanted everyone to take their club cards to this certain European away that I cant remember,  the box of tricks didn't work and the mass arriving of fans 5-10 minutes before kick off swamped the hapless stewards

Benfica away -five or so years ago

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: January 24, 2016, 12:15:19 pm »
Going forward it is not practical to make everyone collect at the venue. I wouldn't be surprised to see maybe 5%-10% randomly picked per game going forward, similar to the England members club.

Imagine playing Barcelona and 5000 people collecting tickets over there, recipe for disaster!

Offline Alistairlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • We See Things They'll Never See
« Reply #248 on: January 24, 2016, 01:24:36 pm »
They should have started this against Beşiktaş, a game that was nailed on to go to general sale and made the tickets strictly non transferable. With only around 500 turning up those lot would have been sorted forever basically on their own cards and would have negated any issues from those who have been going for years on someone elses card then missing out.

The way its been done is a farce and im fairly confident theyll bin it off after this game and just say at least we tried.

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #249 on: January 24, 2016, 02:19:45 pm »
This line in the pre sales notice makes me think that if you are going on someone else's ticket they will not get the credit but the attending fan will if they have a member number - will be a master stroke against credit hunters who have got a mate to go instead.

"When collecting your ticket in Augsburg, you must present your passport, your Season Ticket/Member/Fan card (if you have one) and a letter of authorisation from the ‘purchaser’ to validate the collection"

Offline ic843

• Choose Everton
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cally's heroes
« Reply #250 on: January 24, 2016, 11:33:58 pm »
All those in favour of ticket collection in Augsberg on match day, let's petition the club to set up the collection point bang in the middle of the main square and make it mandatory to sing either 'best midfield in the world' or Maxi Rodrigiez run down the wing for me' whilst collecting our tickets. You big gang of wools
Taylor Report 278 ""It is fair to say that over many years the South Yorkshire Police have given excellent service to the public...Unforunately, their policing on April 15 broke down in the ways described, and although there were other causes, the main reason for the disaster was the failure of police control."
BOYCOTT THE S*N

Offline annasfield

• Anny Roader
« Reply #251 on: January 25, 2016, 08:24:09 am »
it is an absolute joke,   this scenario has been happening from the year dot with League match and domestic cup matches since they lost the pay gates and standing areas became seated, furthermore and common knowledge,  the instigators of this format in the supporters committee meetings are also complicit in ticket 'touting'   surely most people who have travelled on a certain 'coach tour' to away games know the score, the cliché have even invented their own VIP section

Excuse me.
Have you just accused members of the SC of touting tickets?
That's a very serious allegation and one that I personally am extemely offended by.

As for the rest of the rubbish in your post.

The SC Get no favours at all. We volunteer our time to try to help fans and improve their experience.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 08:29:14 am by annasfield »

Offline Mikuss

• Dynamo Midfielder
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • PSN- Mikuss
« Reply #252 on: January 25, 2016, 01:12:05 pm »
Looks like i'll be watching in a pub in Augsburg then  ;D

See you there.

Offline Smithy_88

• Anny Roader
  • I Fucking Love Lucas....
« Reply #253 on: January 25, 2016, 01:23:11 pm »
Rang up about another query and asked the pre-reqs.

Nothing for 1-2 weeks he said

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: January 25, 2016, 01:42:28 pm »
Rang up about another query and asked the pre-reqs.

Nothing for 1-2 weeks he said

Details will be out today then

Offline Smithy_88

• Anny Roader
  • I Fucking Love Lucas....
« Reply #255 on: January 25, 2016, 01:45:44 pm »
Details will be out today then

Haha Probably!

Offline kratos

• Kopite
« Reply #256 on: January 25, 2016, 04:47:21 pm »
How have they made that announcement and still not released selling details yet? Hurry up ticket office!

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #257 on: January 25, 2016, 10:03:35 pm »

Really?

Want to give a bit more detail on this or stay hidden behind a silly name?
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline nearly40

• .....even though my profile says 48!
  • Anny Roader
  • KOP stand up! Stand up the KOP!
« Reply #258 on: January 26, 2016, 09:52:11 am »
This delay in announcing the selling criteria is embarrassing. There is no way I'm booking my travel until I know I'm guaranteed a ticket. Im guessing they don't know what to do, they have announced how they will distribute tickets and I reckon now they are worried/unsure they can see it though, why else would they have such a delay? I expect fans have been in touch, rightly so, and explained how bad the logistics are and now they don't know what to do, they need to grow some balls and get on with it.
'The evidence shows conclusively that Liverpool fans neither caused nor contributed to the deaths of 96 men, women and children.'

Offline kratos

• Kopite
« Reply #259 on: January 26, 2016, 10:23:33 am »
I just gave them a ring and spoke to a manager also. Apparently the ticketing office is still trying to work out the selling arrangements.  It could be another week until its announced.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #260 on: January 26, 2016, 11:05:20 am »
hope they have a plan C for when Plan B goes pear shapped after Plan A fails ;-)
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: January 26, 2016, 11:18:45 am »
I just gave them a ring and spoke to a manager also. Apparently the ticketing office is still trying to work out the selling arrangements.  It could be another week until its announced.

They really are particularly useless, Criteria should have been out ages before now. They can then work out he collection logistics, even if they go ahead with that plan over the coming days. Wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if they canned the collection idea.

Don't think it's anything to do with the collection, more working out if it goes to 6 credits rather than just at 7.

But all in all another LFC ticket fiasco, hardly surprising the travel arrangements and logistics for fans is the last of their concerns, because supporters are always the last of their concerns, so standard LFC behaviour  :no :no :no :no :no :no

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #262 on: January 26, 2016, 05:02:24 pm »
Really?

Want to give a bit more detail on this or stay hidden behind a silly name?

hide behind a silly name ?  now what makes you think that I write about your little clique ?  (correct spelling this time) 

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #263 on: January 26, 2016, 07:14:29 pm »
hide behind a silly name ?  now what makes you think that I write about your little clique ?  (correct spelling this time) 

You just did.

But you can't identify who you accuse, put any further detail to it or come out from behind anonymity.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #264 on: January 27, 2016, 10:57:53 am »
Germany and Wembley, all in the space of 10 days, can't be bad!  :)

2 days/nights in Munich and 1 day/night in Augsberg for us. Then a nice jolly to the Smoke for the day....

For those staying in Munich the Hofbrauhaus seems ok for a few steins and a oompah pah!  http://europeforvisitors.com/munich/articles/hofbrauhaus-muenchen-2.htm

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: January 27, 2016, 11:16:44 am »

2 days/nights in Munich and 1 day/night in Augsberg for us. Then a nice jolly to the Smoke for the day....

For those staying in Munich the Hofbrauhaus seems ok for a few steins and a oompah pah!  http://europeforvisitors.com/munich/articles/hofbrauhaus-muenchen-2.htm

We were having a look at that gaff as well, looks boss. Couting down the days...
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #266 on: January 27, 2016, 12:51:01 pm »

Looks boss, will head there.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #267 on: January 27, 2016, 03:13:57 pm »
Deffo going ahead with the ticket collection, just had an email from the club .
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #268 on: January 27, 2016, 03:56:06 pm »
 >:(

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #269 on: January 27, 2016, 05:00:23 pm »
Important ticket collection information
FC Augsburg v Liverpool FC
Thursday 18th February 2016

As part of the Club’s ongoing commitment to improve the way match tickets are sold and allocated, a new ticket collection process will be trialled for the UEFA Europa League away game against FC Augsburg on Thursday 18th February.

Supporters who purchase tickets for this game will be required to collect their ticket from a designated collection point in Augsburg town centre.

We are not changing the way we sell the tickets, the sales will still be based on attendance at previous games and supporters will be able to assign the name of the person using the ticket at the point of purchase however, tickets will not be distributed at the point of sale from the Liverpool FC Ticket Office or posted to supporters.

All tickets must be collected in person from the collection point in Augsburg on the day of the game.

Over the last few seasons an increasing number of tickets have not been used or sold on via touts.  Liverpool FC is committed to ensuring that match tickets are used correctly and that travelling supporters are able to purchase directly from the Club.  Above all, the safety of our travelling supporters comes first.

We have received an allocation of 1158 tickets for this fixture priced at £26 each. Full selling details will be announced shortly.

Click here for FAQs including further information on how to collect your tickets in Augsburg.
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #270 on: January 27, 2016, 05:18:09 pm »
Deffo going ahead with the ticket collection, just had an email from the club .

Yep got same email at 14:08 today. Still no word on where and when though.

Offline King Kenny Play

• Legacy Fan
  • "Oh Istanbul is wonderful,oh Istanbul is wonderful
« Reply #271 on: January 27, 2016, 08:56:21 pm »
Important ticket collection information
FC Augsburg v Liverpool FC
Thursday 18th February 2016

As part of the Club’s ongoing commitment to improve the way match tickets are sold and allocated, a new ticket collection process will be trialled for the UEFA Europa League away game against FC Augsburg on Thursday 18th February.

Supporters who purchase tickets for this game will be required to collect their ticket from a designated collection point in Augsburg town centre.

We are not changing the way we sell the tickets, the sales will still be based on attendance at previous games and supporters will be able to assign the name of the person using the ticket at the point of purchase however, tickets will not be distributed at the point of sale from the Liverpool FC Ticket Office or posted to supporters.

All tickets must be collected in person from the collection point in Augsburg on the day of the game.

Over the last few seasons an increasing number of tickets have not been used or sold on via touts.  Liverpool FC is committed to ensuring that match tickets are used correctly and that travelling supporters are able to purchase directly from the Club.  Above all, the safety of our travelling supporters comes first.

We have received an allocation of 1158 tickets for this fixture priced at £26 each. Full selling details will be announced shortly.

Click here for FAQs including further information on how to collect your tickets in Augsburg.
Yeah got that as well John..gonna be a delight
"The people who come to watch us play, who love the team and regard it as part of their lives, would never appreciate Liverpool having a huge balance in the bank. They want every asset we possess to be wearing a red shirt."

‘Football is like a piano. You need eight people to carry it, and three people to play the damn thing!’

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #272 on: January 27, 2016, 09:35:14 pm »
Me too. But just like the notice to be honest.

Funny so you always see touts outside the ground yet they don't seem to do anything about them.  :-\
We are a team of one half.

Offline chrissimpson81

• Kopite
« Reply #273 on: January 28, 2016, 12:27:35 am »
Did anyone get the email that has never bought a European away on their fancard?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 02:53:16 pm by chrissimpson81 »

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: January 28, 2016, 07:45:40 am »
Did anyone get the email that has never bought a European away on their fancied?

Personally reckon it's a global ST and members mail (could be totally wrong), as highly doubt that the club would have bothered sifting who'd been to a recent away and who hadn't.

Offline Matze_LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We go again!
« Reply #275 on: January 28, 2016, 08:32:51 am »
Personally reckon it's a global ST and members mail (could be totally wrong), as highly doubt that the club would have bothered sifting who'd been to a recent away and who hadn't.
I'm a member who was never at an european away and haven't recieved a mail. So maybe they had a look through and only sent the mail to some

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: January 28, 2016, 09:11:31 am »
I'm a member who was never at an european away and haven't recieved a mail. So maybe they had a look through and only sent the mail to some

Thanks for that mate.

Wouldn't have thought the club would have been anywhere near that efficient. ]

My bet is that this will sell out on 6 and only a few with 6 will get sorted. Sion there was 40 left for those with 7 with 564 allocation- so basically another 594 for those on 7 and 6

No way it's going any lower
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 09:44:08 am by Tiz Lad »

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #277 on: January 28, 2016, 12:04:44 pm »
Thanks for that mate.

Wouldn't have thought the club would have been anywhere near that efficient. ]

My bet is that this will sell out on 6 and only a few with 6 will get sorted. Sion there was 40 left for those with 7 with 564 allocation- so basically another 594 for those on 7 and 6

No way it's going any lower

Factor in the fact you can't buy to pass on to a stranger unless ultra organised and no credit recorded unless ticket collected and it might.
Long live the King

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: January 28, 2016, 12:34:53 pm »
Factor in the fact you can't buy to pass on to a stranger unless ultra organised and no credit recorded unless ticket collected and it might.

Wouldn't have said Ultra organised plenty have many mates who'll take them, so not sure the passing it on will be much of a factor.

As I say be very, very surprised if it goes past 6. Hope it does like as I have 5 but very unlikely

Offline Mikuss

• Dynamo Midfielder
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • PSN- Mikuss
« Reply #279 on: January 28, 2016, 12:43:27 pm »
Got email too but only got 2 aways recorded. They've probably sent it to everyone that has recorded an away euro over the last couple of years.