Author Topic: [World Cup 2018] South American qualifiers  (Read 70809 times)

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: [World Cup 2018] South American qualifiers
« Reply #800 on: October 11, 2017, 12:02:39 am »
;D

Sure they will do it tonight - they can't fuck it up can they ? Can they ?

They can with you pair ;)

Seriously, I think it's going to be tough for them - 2 new players with a lot of pressure on them coming into a team that doesn't really play as a team (in the creative/attacking aspect). Then you have the altitude thing - and Ecuador have done well and seem to enjoy giving big sides a bloody nose in the past at home...

I think it could be a draw - and may well depend on the Colombia-Peru result, if they draw too - then Argentina will be out.

Argentina need to score first - and early, and see if/how Ecuador react...

Love this type of qualification group :D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 12:04:21 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #801 on: October 11, 2017, 12:02:59 am »
Biglia is alright, Donald Drumpf's favourite player apparently.

:lmao :lmao
King Kenny.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #802 on: October 11, 2017, 12:04:23 am »
I would expect Messi to announce his international retirement if they fail to make it to Russia. What's the incentive to slog through another 18 qualifying matches when he'll near be 35 by the time of the next World Cup. Pointless, may as well just call it a day and look to prolong his club career as long as possible.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #803 on: October 11, 2017, 12:13:02 am »
I would expect Messi to announce his international retirement if they fail to make it to Russia. What's the incentive to slog through another 18 qualifying matches when he'll near be 35 by the time of the next World Cup. Pointless, may as well just call it a day and look to prolong his club career as long as possible.

Same here - though IF they do qualify for it next time no doubt there'd be calls for him to return to the squad just for the Finals... (which probably would be a good idea if he's still knocking them in and playing well for his club)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #804 on: October 11, 2017, 12:17:18 am »

Yeah they should do similar in Europe - 4 or 5 groups rather than 9 groups that produce largely dull football and predictable results.
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #805 on: October 11, 2017, 12:17:47 am »
Hope Coutinho doesn't play the whole match - we need him fit and full of energy for Saturday , especially now Mane is out.

Same here - they'll all be likely on the oxygen masks again post-game either way. Doh! Hope Firmino doesn't get off the bench - need him big-time for Sunday too.

Doh! - not only Saturday, not Sunday - but Brazil won't be needing oxygen masks - I was thinking of Argentina at the time - double doh!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 12:46:59 am by oojason »

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: October 11, 2017, 12:20:52 am »

It's by far the most intense and interesting qualifying section but I think it's too long. It's basically just a drawn out version of the Copa America, so they need to have a look at it in my opinion.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: October 11, 2017, 12:21:34 am »
Same here - they'll all be likely on the oxygen masks again post-game either way. Doh! Hope Firmino doesn't get off the bench - need him big-time for Sunday too.

Yep Firmino too.

(Oh and just so you don't miss the game it's on Saturday at 12:30...  :P )
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: October 11, 2017, 12:22:21 am »
It's best if he's ready for Saturday  :P
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #809 on: October 11, 2017, 12:28:15 am »
^ & ^^ Doh!

Saturday. Yes. cheers lads :wave

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #810 on: October 11, 2017, 12:32:08 am »

That was quick!

1-0 to Ecuador vs Argentina.

40 seconds in, Romario Ibarra the socrer - https://imgtc.com/w/ogMfDsf

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: October 11, 2017, 12:33:35 am »
Ecuador have scored already :lmao

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cameras in your food, dude.
« Reply #812 on: October 11, 2017, 12:33:40 am »
Nice goal too!
This sentence is not provable

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #813 on: October 11, 2017, 12:33:52 am »
Nightmare start for Argentina !!

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #814 on: October 11, 2017, 12:33:57 am »
fuckin hell hahaha

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #815 on: October 11, 2017, 12:34:33 am »
That was quick!

1-0 to Ecuador vs Argentina.

40 seconds in, Romario Ibarra the socrer - https://imgtc.com/w/ogMfDsf

Blimey. So many teams in contention I know but will a defeat definitely put them out? Can they qualify with a draw or do they really need to win?

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #816 on: October 11, 2017, 12:37:15 am »
Blimey. So many teams in contention I know but will a defeat definitely put them out? Can they qualify with a draw or do they really need to win?

Argentina need to win to be sure.

Argentina could draw - and it would then depend on the result of the Peru vs Colombia game. If Peru vs Colombia finish in a draw, and Argentina do not win their game then Argentina are out.

a live table with live scores for all the games can be found here mate - http://www.flashscores.co.uk/football/south-america/world-cup/

Only the top 4 automatically qualify, 5th place goes into a Play-Off vs New Zealand (Oceanic Group Winners)

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 12:42:36 am by oojason »

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #817 on: October 11, 2017, 12:42:48 am »
Yeah they should do similar in Europe - 4 or 5 groups rather than 9 groups that produce largely dull football and predictable results.

Easier to do in the CONMEBOL Confederation when they only have a 10 Nation qualifying tournament, with no qualifying comp for the Copa America  were they invite teams from mostly CONCACAF Confederation to make the numbers up, were as UEFA have 50ish Nations & a separate qualifying comp for the Euros.

However i've mentioned before it's time UEFA have a separate round of qualifying for the worst ranked Nations in the UEFA zone, like AFC/CAF/CONCACAF do, then main qualifying with fewer teams & or groups.
#Sausages

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #818 on: October 11, 2017, 12:43:08 am »
Don't deny us Messi at the World Cup :(
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #819 on: October 11, 2017, 12:43:09 am »
1 1

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #820 on: October 11, 2017, 12:43:09 am »
Lovely equaliser from Argentina. Messi drags them back into it.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: October 11, 2017, 12:43:25 am »
1-1 they are back!

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: October 11, 2017, 12:43:38 am »
Great goal by Messi !!

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #823 on: October 11, 2017, 12:43:40 am »

Messi equalises for Argentina on 13 mins - https://imgtc.com/w/SXgqgu3

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #824 on: October 11, 2017, 12:46:33 am »
Don't deny us Messi at the World Cup :(

Who cares?

Good player but I'd rather Peru qualified.

Not that they will.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: October 11, 2017, 12:47:11 am »
Going to be some tired players out there in a bit if this continues. It's being played at 100 miles an hour at altitude.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: October 11, 2017, 12:49:27 am »
I've got Bein Sports in English but not Ray Hudson - anyone got a US Bein Sports stream rather than the European one ?

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #827 on: October 11, 2017, 12:50:24 am »
I know two of our players play there but i wouldn't mind if Brazil was out.  ;D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #828 on: October 11, 2017, 12:50:51 am »
What a fucking finish from Messi. He's a god.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #829 on: October 11, 2017, 12:51:27 am »

Argentina lead 2-1 now.

Messi on 20 mins - https://streamable.com/z8g7r

no goals so far in the other games.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: October 11, 2017, 12:51:33 am »
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #831 on: October 11, 2017, 12:51:42 am »
Messi has always been a ghost in big matches :D

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #832 on: October 11, 2017, 12:51:56 am »
Who cares?

Good player but I'd rather Peru qualified.

Not that they will.
Fuck that. I'd rather have a player who can do what he's just done in the tournament over some no marks. The guy's an absolute genius.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: October 11, 2017, 12:57:01 am »
Bolivia are beating Uruguay 1-0 in Uruguay !

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #834 on: October 11, 2017, 12:57:41 am »
Could this actually be Messi's most memorable game in an Argentine shirt?

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #835 on: October 11, 2017, 12:58:23 am »

Uruguay 0-1 Bolivia

Silva the scorer on 24 mins (own goal) - https://streamable.com/7lnys

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: October 11, 2017, 12:58:58 am »
I've got Bein Sports in English but not Ray Hudson - anyone got a US Bein Sports stream rather than the European one ?

its not on Bein in USA,they're showing T&T V USA

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #837 on: October 11, 2017, 12:59:06 am »
Bolivia are beating Uruguay 1-0 in Uruguay !

Uruguay's goal difference is worth a point, they'll qualify tonight no matter what.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #838 on: October 11, 2017, 12:59:57 am »
Uruguay's goal difference is worth a point, they'll qualify tonight no matter what.

Yeah true, just checked the table.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #839 on: October 11, 2017, 01:01:35 am »
its not on Bein in USA,they're showing T&T V USA

Ah ok,  makes sense .oojason said Ray Hudson is doing the Argentina game - maybe they're showing more than one game ?