Author Topic: The Daily Mail  (Read 81504 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: The Daily Mail
« Reply #440 on: January 8, 2018, 01:21:11 pm »
Coutinho doing a bunch of exclusive articles for the Fail. What a dick.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #441 on: January 9, 2018, 03:27:06 pm »
Virgin West Coast to stop selling Daily Mail on it's trains.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42621425
#Sausages

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #442 on: January 9, 2018, 03:29:19 pm »

It could have been worse.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #443 on: January 9, 2018, 04:39:05 pm »
Virgin West Coast to stop selling Daily Mail on it's trains.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42621425

Saw this quote in the Independent version  ;D:

A Virgin Trains spokesperson said: “We regularly review the products we have on sale for customers in the shop onboard our west coast trains and after listening to feedback from our people, we decided in November 2017 that we would no longer stock copies of the Daily Mail.

"When we stocked the Daily Mail onboard, we sold one copy for every four trains.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/virgin-trains-daily-mail-ban-sell-newspapers-beliefs-compatible-richard-branson-a8149786.html
Believer

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #444 on: January 9, 2018, 07:51:26 pm »
Goes to show how out of touch his minders are with Liverpool fan political orientation.

Twats

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: January 9, 2018, 09:17:24 pm »
Goes to show how out of touch his minders are with Liverpool fan political orientation.

Twats
carra and Kenny had columns in that paper in the recent past

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: January 14, 2018, 12:46:03 pm »
Oliver Holt today on about Holgate.

Mason Holgate says he was racially abused by Roberto Firmino in FA Cup clash
    Since making the complaint, Holgate has suffered further abuse via social media
    Treatment of Holgate shows how black players are on trial when they speak out

'further abuse'  ...Come on man. We know you are Emily Bishop's lad like but this is not fuckin Corrie.

Two faced c*nt  praising LFC 'stance'.  Mancs are such snidey,devious, underhand, bitter fuckers.

The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: February 16, 2018, 10:47:08 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/feb/16/center-parcs-pulls-daily-mail-ads-after-column-against-same-sex-parents

Story in the URL.

Did not realise Richard Littlejohn was still spouting bile. I had been blissfully ignorant of his output for years.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #449 on: February 16, 2018, 10:48:40 pm »
Good on centre parks...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: February 16, 2018, 10:58:58 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/feb/16/center-parcs-pulls-daily-mail-ads-after-column-against-same-sex-parents

Story in the URL.

Did not realise Richard Littlejohn was still spouting bile. I had been blissfully ignorant of his output for years.

Ignorance of Littlejohn's output is a positive by product of not reading the Mail.

Offline ManiacKop

• Smited by a Mighty Smiter.
  • Anny Roader
  • Here’s to swimming with Darwin's evolved fishes...
« Reply #451 on: February 17, 2018, 07:37:21 am »
I get the outrage.. but like with racism it’s all about the era you were raised in. When Littlejohn was a kid being gay was illegal. It was a shameful act that could get you sacked from work or beaten or worse. It’s the same reason why racism is a massive issue in the states (more so than here) because for a lot of people they remember when blacks were segregated and with this ingrained memory and belief, I guess it’s hard to shift from that just to be told one day that actually blacks and gays are one of us now.

And I’m not bashing gays or blacks. Just trying to rationalise why people think the way they do. I think it’ll be a few more generations before everyone grows up, and becomes acceptant, of same sex marriage etc.

It’s wrong. But you only have to look at the comedy material on tv for these people in the 60s and 70s to see what was force fed them.

Regarding Tom and his partner, good luck to them. Who enjoyed a good nights sleep anyway?
Not the best walking advert for Intelligent Design.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: February 17, 2018, 08:25:26 am »
I'm the same age as Littlejohn but his views are more indicative of people in their eighties.

Having said that my Catholic mum, who was against gay marriage on doctrinal grounds, has accepted it as one of her friends sons recently got married. She refers to them as to "the gay boyfriends who got married"

If an 89 year old practising Catholic can be so accepting it makes it even worse that Littlejohn issues one of his narrow minded rants.

But I'm sure a lot of the Mail readers happily had a good old fume.

Offline ManiacKop

• Smited by a Mighty Smiter.
  • Anny Roader
  • Here’s to swimming with Darwin's evolved fishes...
« Reply #453 on: February 17, 2018, 08:33:35 am »
I'm the same age as Littlejohn but his views are more indicative of people in their eighties.

Having said that my Catholic mum, who was against gay marriage on doctrinal grounds, has accepted it as one of her friends sons recently got married. She refers to them as to "the gay boyfriends who got married"

If an 89 year old practising Catholic can be so accepting it makes it even worse that Littlejohn issues one of his narrow minded rants.

But I'm sure a lot of the Mail readers happily had a good old fume.

If only everyone was as willing to change as your mum. Some people are just stuck in their ways.
Not the best walking advert for Intelligent Design.

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #454 on: June 7, 2018, 09:33:52 am »
Got a notification on my phone from the Guardian last night - saw that it was something about Paul Dacre.

First time I think I've ever gottten something like this and thought "please be dead, please be dead".

Alas, only a resignation, but still good news. And good riddance to the racist, homophobic scumbag.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: June 7, 2018, 09:53:17 am »
Got a notification on my phone from the Guardian last night - saw that it was something about Paul Dacre.

First time I think I've ever gottten something like this and thought "please be dead, please be dead".

Alas, only a resignation, but still good news. And good riddance to the racist, homophobic scumbag.
:wellin Thought as much. But good riddance; however, it's their MO and he'll only be replaced by another racist, homophobic scumbag as they know who their customers are - racist scumbags!!
SoS Membership Number: 387

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: June 7, 2018, 10:06:37 am »
:wellin Thought as much. But good riddance; however, it's their MO and he'll only be replaced by another racist, homophobic scumbag as they know who their customers are - racist scumbags!!
yeah wouldn’t quite have the champers out just yet

Offline Trim0582

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: June 7, 2018, 10:27:59 am »
I will be very interested to track if there is a noticeable Editorial shift. I mean it will always be right wing, but I wonder if it will occupy a more centrist position.

The main problem being it would require me reading it and that is a bridge too far.

It sounds somewhat preposterous to say, but something as simple as a resignation, could change the world-view of hundreds of thousands of people whom routinely read the Daily Mail.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: June 7, 2018, 10:30:58 am »
I will be very interested to track if there is a noticeable Editorial shift. I mean it will always be right wing, but I wonder if it will occupy a more centrist position.

The main problem being it would require me reading it and that is a bridge too far.

It sounds somewhat preposterous to say, but something as simple as a resignation, could change the world-view of hundreds of thousands of people whom routinely read the Daily Mail.

Isn't it the most read paper online in England? I wouldn't get our hopes up that it's going to shift on it's model

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: June 7, 2018, 10:33:50 am »
Isn't it the most read paper online in England? I wouldn't get our hopes up that it's going to shift on it's model
the website isn’t as right wing as the paper,  plus a lot of the view are for the celeb shite

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: June 7, 2018, 10:41:28 am »
the website isn’t as right wing as the paper,  plus a lot of the view are for the celeb shite

Oh yeah, I know. Always catch a glance of people on the celeb shite walking through our office. Still, don't expect the front pages to be different from the nasty shite any time soon

Offline Trim0582

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: June 7, 2018, 10:49:59 am »
Isn't it the most read paper online in England?

I didn't realise that.

Well thanks for rapidly quashing my hopes,  it's not even lunchtime  :D

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: June 7, 2018, 10:52:41 am »
I didn't realise that.

I aim to please depress!

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: June 7, 2018, 10:55:53 am »
The owner Lord Rothermere is actually fairly liberal and far more Europhilic. His family have been pressing for him to tone down the Mail, because of the stigma of bigotry.

Dacre is the chief c*nt who moulded the paper in his image. His replacement will not have such clout.

Alastair Campbell’s Twitter is good at first the moment for disabusing the Mail’s grandiose self promotion.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: June 7, 2018, 10:57:13 am »
I didn't realise that.

It used to be, according to http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/sun-is-most-read-uk-newsbrand-and-dominates-on-mobile-but-guardian-top-on-desktop-new-readership-figures-show/ in 2017 -

Most read on mobile is the shitrag
Most read on tablets is the Daily Heil
Most read on desktop is the Guardian/Observer
Most read in print is the Metro (they use brand reach for this one, so I'm not sure how accurate the numbers are)

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #465 on: June 7, 2018, 11:40:24 am »
Hassinator, some time ago, drew my attention to this read on the Mail. Andrew O'Hagan doesn't pull any punches about Dacre or the Mail under him. Just the first paragraph:

The word c*nt was invented by the Norwegians. At first the OED wouldn’t have it in its pages and even today the dictionary describes it as the most taboo word in English. Norsemen said kunta and the Danes said kunte, as did ninth-century Germans, though not, seemingly, in anger or spite. Apparently, the first known use of the word in English was in 1230, when an Oxford street was named Gropecunt Lane. Paul Dacre, that nice man who edits the Daily Mail, has become famous in recent times for ‘double-cunting’: a colleague, usually male, will be ticked off via a thunderous, compound deployment of the Old Frisian. ‘You call that a good cunting headline, you c*nt?’ might be a typical start to the afternoon. ‘Dacre would call us a “load of c*nts”,’ the former Mail crime reporter Tim Miles told Adrian Addison, ‘or a “shower of c*nts”. It was always “c*nt this” and “c*nt that”. He did like the word c*nt.’ And yet, in the natural way of things, over time the editor was to grope for other words. According to one source, ‘he would drop words such as Schadenfreude and hubris into conversations without, apparently, fully understanding their meaning.’ He came to show a weakness for phrases such as bien pensant, sine qua non and au contraire. Every day it seems was a growth day for baby Dacre as he crawled towards full suburban manhood. ‘Imagine the joy of putting together 96 pages from nothing!’ he said on Desert Island Discs, before choosing a Bing Crosby number called ‘That’s What Life Is All About’, written by his father.
« Last Edit: June 7, 2018, 11:42:41 am by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #466 on: June 7, 2018, 12:33:33 pm »
Dacre has been promoted, he's not gone anywhere. We just have to hope that something really horrible happens to him.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: June 7, 2018, 05:06:20 pm »
I had the misfortune to read a copy the other day.

It is at fully bizarre paper. It's obsessed with class. It had a story about a Charterhouse alumni, white, upper class who'd been acquitted of thrusting his hand around a women's arse and towards a vagina.

He could understand, despite his £38k a year education (which the paper took great delight in extolling, complete with pictures of the college grounds) why he was charged with sexual assault and not just plain assault! They probably didn't cover the education of lady bits.

Anyway there was shock and horror at the oiks in the police and CPS for having the audacity to prosecute.

I'm waiting for the next acquittal of a lad from Moss Side or Croxteth to get the same in depth coverage.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: June 7, 2018, 05:17:33 pm »
Saw the front page of the Spanish edition this morning, kicking off about crime in the UK and London. It's the cuts by their beloved Tories that's caused it the fucking hypocritical c*nts
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: June 7, 2018, 05:20:23 pm »
Saw the front page of the Spanish edition this morning, kicking off about crime in the UK and London. It's the cuts by their beloved Tories that's caused it the fucking hypocritical c*nts

What the Mail mean is kill the blacks.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: June 7, 2018, 06:55:58 pm »

Online website is easy to use, can navigate around quickly on a lunch hour or quick browse at home. It's shits on every other free to view paper. Every office i have worked in Liverpool, its on most people's screens. It's a good website and its got relevant content. Talking about the accessabilty of the site, not the editorial stances!

The Daily Mirror and Echo websites are dog shite to use.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: June 7, 2018, 06:58:28 pm »
Online website is easy to use, can navigate around quickly on a lunch hour or quick browse at home. It's shits on every other free to view paper. Every office i have worked in Liverpool, its on most people's screens. It's a good website and its got relevant content. Talking about the accessabilty of the site, not the editorial stances!

that too, plus it being free massively helps (always thought the rag going behind the paywall was one of the weirdest distribution decisions made by a paper in the recent past) but it’s nice and easy for people to get what they want

Mirror and echo are just pure clickbait filled with ads and auto play video and is shite for usabllity, mail and guardian aren’t which is why they’ve done well online
« Last Edit: June 7, 2018, 07:00:19 pm by Lush is the best medicine... »

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #472 on: June 7, 2018, 06:59:13 pm »

Sadly true. How hard can it be to design a useable website in this day and age, but no, pop up videos that autoplay whether you want them or not, horrible layouts that take forever to load/scroll and a general air of cheapness to the whole thing.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: June 7, 2018, 07:14:05 pm »
Sadly true. How hard can it be to design a useable website in this day and age, but no, pop up videos that autoplay whether you want them or not, horrible layouts that take forever to load/scroll and a general air of cheapness to the whole thing.

They have crammed as much revenue generating shit on the page as they can, making the page so horrible that people actively avoid using the site. I never browse around the echo site, I only read specific stories. The unpleasantness of the site must hurt the total take. Rather than take a little money from a regular repeat customer, they just try and screw as much as possible from first visit, hang the future.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #475 on: June 7, 2018, 07:45:24 pm »
that too, plus it being free massively helps (always thought the rag going behind the paywall was one of the weirdest distribution decisions made by a paper in the recent past) but it’s nice and easy for people to get what they want

Mirror and echo are just pure clickbait filled with ads and auto play video and is shite for usabllity, mail and guardian aren’t which is why they’ve done well online

Plus the comments section make the Daily Mail look tame in comparison.
#Sausages

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: June 7, 2018, 08:06:29 pm »
Plus the comments section make the Daily Mail look tame in comparison.
still doesn’t beat the pure comedy of the express!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: June 7, 2018, 08:51:28 pm »
The Mail on Sunday was very Pro Remain as well.

Wonder if its a case of trying to get a younger demographic reading the paper (good luck with that)?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: June 7, 2018, 09:44:23 pm »
The Mail on Sunday was very Pro Remain as well.

Wonder if its a case of trying to get a younger demographic reading the paper (good luck with that)?
It evens the owners family have convinced him that the brand is utterly toxic .
Seems that maybe a more outward looking paper in the future?

W