Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 632293 times)

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
Re: Marvel Musings. No Infinity War Spoilers.
« Reply #3760 on: April 27, 2018, 07:57:59 am »
I thought it was very good, but the original Avengers I suspect will always remain my favourite.

Spoiler
Thanos is definitely the best villian yet by a long way. I thought it was a little bitty with battles going on all over the place, but time certainly flew by.
Given the supposed sequels lined up I thought it was a bit strange what they did with Spider-Man and Black Panther, but no doubt that will be cleared up in the next one.
Shuri should have been used a lot more, and where was Valkryie? I guess you could say there were only fairly brief appearances by a lot of people though.
I suspect Ant-Man will be drafted in after his movie in August?

I suppose given the ending my main gripe is that the answers are a year away!
[close]

Really? You think Thanos was a better villain than Loki? Or the Vulture for that matter?

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3761 on: April 27, 2018, 09:15:33 am »
Spoiler
3 characters just giving or taking thanos to the stones was really dumb. Especially when 2 were going in about how they had to protect them at all costs.
[close]

Spoiler
There was definitely meant to be something more to Dr Strange giving it up so easily though, given he has seen the future and Tony had the same baffled reaction as the audience was meant to.
[close]

Re: Thanos

Spoiler
The Marvel humour has been wearing on me more every film I see but he made it all worth it. Defo the best villain for me, the perfect Big Bad to have an ensemble film revolve around. I saw it IMAX, first time I've ever been IMAX or seen 3d in ages, and to have his big evil grid coming out the screen was awesome.
[close]

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3762 on: April 27, 2018, 09:40:36 am »

Spoiler
Nope, it gets a mention that he already wrecked Xandar and got the stone. Maybe got chopped in editing?

[close]

I thought that was the case mate but thanks for confirming.

Spoiler
A quick 2 minute scene showing the Children of Thanos pillaging Xandar and obtaining the Power stone would have done the trick.  For me, they could have cut the Stark/Pepper Potts scene which IMO was totally pointless other than to point us to them getting married in the future and it also would have saved mega bucks on Paltrow's fee.
[close]

Another couple of things.

Spoiler
I also loved The Children of Thanos. Ebony Maw was a brilliant character, his mad genius complimented his Master's raw strength.  Also enjoyed the scenes with Midnight, Glaive and Obsidian. Overall, 4 cool bad-asses employed by Thanos :)

Other than the very first battle on the Asgardian ship we don't see Hulk whatsoever.  Bruce Banner unable to get into Hulk mode throughout the movie seems like a bit of a cop-out by the director and instead stuck Mark Ruffalo in a iron giant suit for some reason.  Wonder if the Hulk effects are just too time/cost resource sapping?
[close]

Any moans from me are minor though, I loved it and want to go again!!!

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3763 on: April 27, 2018, 10:26:19 am »
I thought that was the case mate but thanks for confirming.

Spoiler
A quick 2 minute scene showing the Children of Thanos pillaging Xandar and obtaining the Power stone would have done the trick.  For me, they could have cut the Stark/Pepper Potts scene which IMO was totally pointless other than to point us to them getting married in the future and it also would have saved mega bucks on Paltrow's fee.
[close]

Another couple of things.

Spoiler
I also loved The Children of Thanos. Ebony Maw was a brilliant character, his mad genius complimented his Master's raw strength.  Also enjoyed the scenes with Midnight, Glaive and Obsidian. Overall, 4 cool bad-asses employed by Thanos :)

Other than the very first battle on the Asgardian ship we don't see Hulk whatsoever.  Bruce Banner unable to get into Hulk mode throughout the movie seems like a bit of a cop-out by the director and instead stuck Mark Ruffalo in a iron giant suit for some reason.  Wonder if the Hulk effects are just too time/cost resource sapping?
[close]

Any moans from me are minor though, I loved it and want to go again!!!
Spoiler
Some odd observations here :p You're weirdly focused on the budgetary side of things, which seems to be a relatively minor consideration for movies like this that are only going to make stupid money.

The Pepper/Tony scenes were pretty obviously to set up Tony's tragic death in the next movie. Classic move to soften you up before the heroic sacrifice. No doubt about it at all. I don't see the added value of some random scenes of the Black Order destroying Zandar. You get the idea of what's going on there. There's no need to have a whole extra scene demonstrating Thanos taking out some irrelevant aliens.

No, I don't think choosing not to use Hulk this movie was a budgetary choice. In fact I think there are scenes of him in Wakanda which obviously got cut. They chose not to release him in this one for higher impact in the next one.
[close]

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #3764 on: April 27, 2018, 10:50:40 am »
I thought it was very good, but the original Avengers I suspect will always remain my favourite.

Spoiler
Thanos is definitely the best villian yet by a long way. I thought it was a little bitty with battles going on all over the place, but time certainly flew by.
Given the supposed sequels lined up I thought it was a bit strange what they did with Spider-Man and Black Panther, but no doubt that will be cleared up in the next one.
Shuri should have been used a lot more, and where was Valkryie? I guess you could say there were only fairly brief appearances by a lot of people though.
I suspect Ant-Man will be drafted in after his movie in August?

I suppose given the ending my main gripe is that the answers are a year away!
[close]

Spoiler
I wondered about Valkryie too. And Korg and Mick.

The Antman sequel is set between Civil War and Infinity War, he was mentioned along with Hawkeye as taking some deal. I guess they both (with Wasp as well probably) turn up in Part 2.
[close]
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3765 on: April 27, 2018, 10:56:50 am »
Spoiler
Some odd observations here :p You're weirdly focused on the budgetary side of things, which seems to be a relatively minor consideration for movies like this that are only going to make stupid money.

The Pepper/Tony scenes were pretty obviously to set up Tony's tragic death in the next movie. Classic move to soften you up before the heroic sacrifice. No doubt about it at all. I don't see the added value of some random scenes of the Black Order destroying Zandar. You get the idea of what's going on there. There's no need to have a whole extra scene demonstrating Thanos taking out some irrelevant aliens.

No, I don't think choosing not to use Hulk this movie was a budgetary choice. In fact I think there are scenes of him in Wakanda which obviously got cut. They chose not to release him in this one for higher impact in the next one.
[close]

Spoiler
Hardly random showing how Thanos obtained the first stone is it? Considering the whole movie is centred on him obtaining the set of Infinity stones.

They went to the effort of showing him obtaining the next 5.
[close]

Oh and...

I know you usually come across as a bit of a know it all and I try to avoid you and your posts to be honest but quit with the condescending shit too as it doesn't impress anyone.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3766 on: April 27, 2018, 12:08:27 pm »
Spoiler
Hardly random showing how Thanos obtained the first stone is it? Considering the whole movie is centred on him obtaining the set of Infinity stones.

They went to the effort of showing him obtaining the next 5.
[close]

Oh and...

I know you usually come across as a bit of a know it all and I try to avoid you and your posts to be honest but quit with the condescending shit too as it doesn't impress anyone.

I apologise for the tone in my post. I don't mean to be rude. On the other hand, I wouldn't have thought excluding a single character worth maybe $1m from a $400m movie on the basis of budget would have been particularly logical. Less so to have marginally less CGI in a movie that's mostly CGI, no?

I say so because as at 2015, not every actor in an Avengers movie was paid crazy money:

http://www.vogue.co.uk/article/scarlett-johansson-avengers-salary-second-highest-paid

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3767 on: April 27, 2018, 12:38:50 pm »
I apologise for the tone in my post. I don't mean to be rude. On the other hand, I wouldn't have thought excluding a single character worth maybe $1m from a $400m movie on the basis of budget would have been particularly logical. Less so to have marginally less CGI in a movie that's mostly CGI, no?

I say so because as at 2015, not every actor in an Avengers movie was paid crazy money:

http://www.vogue.co.uk/article/scarlett-johansson-avengers-salary-second-highest-paid

Fair enough and likewise for my curt reply.

My comments were minor observations from an otherwise massively enjoyable movie.

I do think you underestimate the thought and restraints Hollywood puts into its budgetary requirements though. You may well be correct but it’s nit as simple as 1 million bucks here, 1 million bucks there...oh fuck it.

You came on here saying you didn’t care for Thanos when most others loved him. Not saying you have to tow the Thanos party line but as he was undoubtedly the major player throughout the whole movie, I do feel a bit sorry for you but not in a patronising way.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #3768 on: April 27, 2018, 12:55:38 pm »
Spoiler
It was okay. Bit too predictable.

Character development? A romantic scene? Well they're gonna die. When they all turn to dust, it's kinda obvious they've gone to a parallel universe or will come back or something. It's the ones who stayed behind who are more likely to die, considering Evans/Hemsworth want out/contract running out.

Liked how they actually gave Thanos a personality, that's one of the things Marvel seem to do really badly with their villains.

Also who would have thought Dr Strange would be one of the best characters in it!

[close]
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3769 on: April 27, 2018, 01:38:25 pm »
I thought it was great.

Pete, on Hulk
Spoiler
They have said that The Hulk is getting a trilogy of sorts; Ragnarok, This and the next Avengers. If this is the middle act, after being on control for so long in Ragnarok, I think he's having a bit of a pout, tired of being called upon as and when needed, and then shoved back in the box. I think in the next one they'll bring about some balance. Bruce being in the Hulk Buster was probably to show that he doesn't have to be 100% reliant on hulk in a battle...as long as he has Stark tech available.
[close]

Spoiler
So I assume in the next one, Thanos will realize the error of his ways and restore everyone. I think he has to be the one to do it.
[close]
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3770 on: April 27, 2018, 01:42:17 pm »

Spoiler
An image of the star on Captain Marvel's outfit, so he was calling for her
[close]

Spoiler
What the fcuk she gonna do to Thanos?
[close]
[/quote]

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3771 on: April 27, 2018, 01:49:20 pm »

Pete, on Hulk
Spoiler
They have said that The Hulk is getting a trilogy of sorts; Ragnarok, This and the next Avengers. If this is the middle act, after being on control for so long in Ragnarok, I think he's having a bit of a pout, tired of being called upon as and when needed, and then shoved back in the box. I think in the next one they'll bring about some balance. Bruce being in the Hulk Buster was probably to show that he doesn't have to be 100% reliant on hulk in a battle...as long as he has Stark tech available.
[close]

Cheers for this mate

Makes sense now.  Gives opportunity to expands on BB's character a bit while not using the Green guy to bail everyone out all the time

although..

Spoiler
Thanos kicked Hulk's ass on the Asgardian ship even with just one or two stones active.  Thanos is the Mo Salah of Marvel characters ATM :)
[close]

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3772 on: April 27, 2018, 01:57:27 pm »
Fair enough and likewise for my curt reply.

My comments were minor observations from an otherwise massively enjoyable movie.

I do think you underestimate the thought and restraints Hollywood puts into its budgetary requirements though. You may well be correct but it’s nit as simple as 1 million bucks here, 1 million bucks there...oh fuck it.

You came on here saying you didn’t care for Thanos when most others loved him. Not saying you have to tow the Thanos party line but as he was undoubtedly the major player throughout the whole movie, I do feel a bit sorry for you but not in a patronising way.

No need to feel sorry for me. I also said this was my favourite Avengers movie. I had a blast. Everyone doesn't need to agree abut Thanos, or every aspect of the movie.

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3773 on: April 27, 2018, 01:58:50 pm »
Cheers for this mate

Makes sense now.  Gives opportunity to expands on BB's character a bit while not using the Green guy to bail everyone out all the time

although..

Spoiler
Thanos kicked Hulk's ass on the Asgardian ship even with just one or two stones active.  Thanos is the Mo Salah of Marvel characters ATM :)
[close]

;D

Spoiler
I sort of avoided seeing trailer for this a lot, but I think Hulk did appear in some in Wakanda, fully rendered CG. I assume that was intentional misdirection.

in fact:

[close]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 02:01:48 pm by Old Saint Nick Wants An Xmas 69! »

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3774 on: April 27, 2018, 02:34:06 pm »
;D

Spoiler
I sort of avoided seeing trailer for this a lot, but I think Hulk did appear in some in Wakanda, fully rendered CG. I assume that was intentional misdirection.

in fact:

[close]

Yeah Redcap did mention this in one of his posts above.  Either misdirection or left on the editing room floor. :)

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3775 on: April 27, 2018, 02:41:19 pm »
Yeah Redcap did mention this in one of his posts above.  Either misdirection or left on the editing room floor. :)
Yes, but he was a patronizing twat about it.

Just kidding, cap :P

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #3776 on: April 27, 2018, 10:10:35 pm »
Could not have expected that film to turn out any better.

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #3777 on: April 27, 2018, 10:32:45 pm »
Spoiler
There is certainly something in Dr Strange giving up the stone and his "only way" "end game" comment.

Also does anyone think some significance in Thanos' "All that for a drop of blood line"?
[close]

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3778 on: April 27, 2018, 11:43:29 pm »
Spoiler
There is certainly something in Dr Strange giving up the stone and his "only way" "end game" comment.

Also does anyone think some significance in Thanos' "All that for a drop of blood line"?
[close]

Spoiler
I'd guess at what happened was the 1 in 14 million (or whatever number he said) chance of them prevailing that Dr Strange said. However he clearly didn't tell them that this future involved him actually giving Thanos  the time stone to set further events in motion.
[close]
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #3779 on: April 27, 2018, 11:57:50 pm »
Some fleem that

Absolutely loved it

Thanos and his cronies were immense

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3780 on: April 28, 2018, 12:02:55 am »
Lots of good, lots of bad.

Spoiler
Finally, a good villain though!
[close]
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #3781 on: April 28, 2018, 01:07:01 am »
Loved it

Not as good as Guardions 1, avengers 1, black panthe or winter soldier but stilll very very good film. Enjoyed it

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3782 on: April 28, 2018, 08:00:07 am »
Great film. Enjoyed it.

Offline Dingus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Man Without Fear
« Reply #3783 on: April 28, 2018, 09:00:21 am »
saw Infinity War last night, epic epic movie!
remined me of the Marvel annuals I used to get back in the day, the big blow-out comics with a massive punch-up going on, which never let up!
unbelievably hard to balance that many heroes and get them all screen time, but I don't think it could have been done much better.
for anyone interested in credit scenes, there's only the one when the credits finish, which was nice.  ;D

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3784 on: April 28, 2018, 10:13:56 am »
I thought it was pretty fucking excellent.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3785 on: April 28, 2018, 10:18:56 am »
Saw it last night and I found it a bit overwhelming. It was one huge fight and at parts I didnt exactly know what, how or why certain things were happening. Clearly its a film geared mostly towards fans.

That said, considering the scale of the film I very much doubt anyone could have done a better job. Plus clearly the characters and film come from a place of care and attention, unlike the truly awful Superman/Batman films, which should die away and never be shown on film or TV, ever.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 10:23:28 am by a treeless whopper »

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3786 on: April 28, 2018, 02:37:35 pm »
I loved it, literally nothing else to say  ;D

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3787 on: April 28, 2018, 03:47:46 pm »
Watched it last night.

Yeah, it's fairly decent. Although the test for all these films is a wee bit of time, I enjoyed it for what it was. A good few bits where the logical side of the brain kicks in, but had to quickly switch it off and remind myself that it's all about comic book shit, which is probably this film's biggest achievement in that it feels like the most comic booky out of all the Marvel films, if that makes sense.  I mean, you basically just have to disregard the fact that some of the characters are just human beings and are mortal (unlike the more powerful ones like Thor of course) in some scenes in this, but as I said, it's just a big dumb action sequence, and a kitbash of sorts of every set piece that's ever been set pieced in a Marvel film as a film in entirety.
  The thing is, though, that could end up being like Transformers, where there's action and clusterfuck battles for the sake of them to the point where your head just starts spinning and induces nausea.
  It wasn't like that. It's sickeningly -they usually are - well made, and that's just the thing that Marvel has going for it, despite all the flaws, the films still manage to entertain and be fun. The battle sequences in this were actually really well executed for a film of this type, especially the one on Black Panther's turf (forget what its called). It wasn't a complete headache inducing mess like recent film such as Ready Player One's climactic scenes. I did think it went a bit too far with the humour, though. The timing of jokes, and how long they went on for especially. It was trying too hard at that, and at one point of the film, it felt like it was turning into a Friday night sitcom like Friends. A few funny quips, but too many, too quickly, especially when the Guardians were on screen. Tell the joke. Cut it off.

As for Thanos, he's probably the best villian that Marvel have come up with so far. I actually enjoyed him, and as soon as the film started, I wanted him to do as much damage as possible
Spoiler
which he did, and even though there will be some kind of retcon or twist (not really as it's expected) it was great to see a villian actually inflict misery on these characters that up until this point, are practically invincible, and that's one of the main things that brings the whole Marvel (and DC) comic book cinematic thing down, and a big reason to not give a shit.
[close]
So, well done, Thanos. Hope he does more of it, and I hope it stays that way. But it won't.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3788 on: April 28, 2018, 04:33:09 pm »

Spoiler
was interesting to see another side of hulk, i took it as him being scared after the beating he took by thanos. Be interesting to see the relationship between bruce and hulk in future

Also after thinking about it i wonder if thanos purposefully wasn't killing anyone other than who was necessary because he believes everyone should get an equal chance of survival when he clicked his fingers. Didn't he comment he suggested on his home world that everyone should get an equal chance regardless of their status
[close]
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 04:51:27 pm by WillG.LFC »

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3789 on: April 28, 2018, 04:38:32 pm »
Watched it last night.

Yeah, it's fairly decent. Although the test for all these films is a wee bit of time, I enjoyed it for what it was. A good few bits where the logical side of the brain kicks in, but had to quickly switch it off and remind myself that it's all about comic book shit, which is probably this film's biggest achievement in that it feels like the most comic booky out of all the Marvel films, if that makes sense.  I mean, you basically just have to disregard the fact that some of the characters are just human beings and are mortal (unlike the more powerful ones like Thor of course) in some scenes in this, but as I said, it's just a big dumb action sequence, and a kitbash of sorts of every set piece that's ever been set pieced in a Marvel film as a film in entirety.
  The thing is, though, that could end up being like Transformers, where there's action and clusterfuck battles for the sake of them to the point where your head just starts spinning and induces nausea.
  It wasn't like that. It's sickeningly -they usually are - well made, and that's just the thing that Marvel has going for it, despite all the flaws, the films still manage to entertain and be fun. The battle sequences in this were actually really well executed for a film of this type, especially the one on Black Panther's turf (forget what its called). It wasn't a complete headache inducing mess like recent film such as Ready Player One's climactic scenes. I did think it went a bit too far with the humour, though. The timing of jokes, and how long they went on for especially. It was trying too hard at that, and at one point of the film, it felt like it was turning into a Friday night sitcom like Friends. A few funny quips, but too many, too quickly, especially when the Guardians were on screen. Tell the joke. Cut it off.

As for Thanos, he's probably the best villian that Marvel have come up with so far. I actually enjoyed him, and as soon as the film started, I wanted him to do as much damage as possible
Spoiler
which he did, and even though there will be some kind of retcon or twist (not really as it's expected) it was great to see a villian actually inflict misery on these characters that up until this point, are practically invincible, and that's one of the main things that brings the whole Marvel (and DC) comic book cinematic thing down, and a big reason to not give a shit.
[close]
So, well done, Thanos. Hope he does more of it, and I hope it stays that way. But it won't.

Yeah the logic stuff nags away at me, especially everyone being exactly as strong or as weak as each particular scene requires them to be, as does the "something important is happening, better make a joke!" shit but I suppose those things aren't ever going to change.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3790 on: April 28, 2018, 05:28:48 pm »
Spoiler
was interesting to see another side of hulk, i took it as him being scared after the beating he took by thanos. Be interesting to see the relationship between bruce and hulk in future

Also after thinking about it i wonder if thanos purposefully wasn't killing anyone other than who was necessary because he believes everyone should get an equal chance of survival when he clicked his fingers. Didn't he comment he suggested on his home world that everyone should get an equal chance regardless of their status
[close]

Spoiler
Aye, I just took it as Hulk throwing a wobbler and sulking like a big child because he got the shit knocked out of him, like he did in Ragnarok. The reason why I think they yanked him from most of the film is because it set up Thor's arch in the end. Having Hulk, and Thor having a second crack at Thanos at the same time would have seemed redundant. They put him in the box to break him out for the second one.

Where was Hawkeye?

[close]

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3791 on: April 28, 2018, 05:44:19 pm »
Spoiler
Aye, I just took it as Hulk throwing a wobbler and sulking like a big child because he got the shit knocked out of him, like he did in Ragnarok. The reason why I think they yanked him from most of the film is because it set up Thor's arch in the end. Having Hulk, and Thor having a second crack at Thanos at the same time would have seemed redundant. They put him in the box to break him out for the second one.

Where was Hawkeye?

[close]

Spoiler
he's coming back in the next one possibly as Ronin
[close]

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #3792 on: April 28, 2018, 05:45:03 pm »
Spoiler

Where was Hawkeye?

[close]
Spoiler
house arrest.Whatsherface mentioned it to cap
[close]

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #3793 on: April 29, 2018, 02:40:20 pm »
Spoiler
Wow, just wow. I thought it was utterly fantastic. One of the most breathtaking, exhilarating cinema experiences of my life and I can't wait to see it again.
[close]

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3794 on: April 29, 2018, 02:54:26 pm »
Absolutely loved it! The best Avengers movie to date and possibly the best MCU movie so far.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3795 on: April 29, 2018, 03:04:28 pm »
Didn't have the time to stay and watch the end credit scene. Can someone summarise it quick if they don't mind
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3796 on: April 29, 2018, 03:08:03 pm »
Didn't have the time to stay and watch the end credit scene. Can someone summarise it quick if they don't mind

Spoiler
Nick fury and maria driving along, suddenly crash into a car, find nobody in it, she disintegrates, he does as well not managing to finish the world "motherfucker" and drops his pager on the floor as it comes up with the captain marvel logo thing. so she'll be in the next one.
[close]

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3797 on: April 29, 2018, 03:08:06 pm »

Captain Marvel.

You did say quick.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #3798 on: April 29, 2018, 03:27:01 pm »
Saw it last night:

Spoiler
I'm not a Spiderman fan, but that scene with Spidey dying absolutely broke my heart. Perfectly played by Tom Holland as a kid who, as all kids do, thinks he's invincible, but comes face to face with his own mortality. And with his Spidey sense, he probably knew it was coming sooner than others. "I don't wanna go." Wow.

The original Captain Marvel has fought Thanos, and used his Cosmic Awareness to set things back in time, so I wonder if the new Captain Marvel will develop those powers in her origin movie.

I think Dr. Strange knew the only way to set the universe on the path where they defeat Thanos was to give him the stone. Why else would he give it up so easily? There was also something in the way BC played that moment, as if Strange was hoping Thanos didn't suspect anything. I think Strange has done something to the stone that has set the timeline to an alternate moment that can be reversed. Or a parallel universe Strange will show up in Avengers 4 and say, "What do you think 'Sorcerer Supreme' means?" :)

Would have liked to have seen more Thor/Drax scenes. "You're a dude. He's a MAN." Pirate Angel. :)
[close]
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3799 on: April 29, 2018, 03:29:20 pm »
"Thanos will return" at the end credits intrigued me. Kinda confirmed that it's 'his' film more than an avengers film really.