Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 632208 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Marvel Musings
« Reply #3280 on: August 30, 2017, 11:46:51 am »
Wait...her character or the actress herself? Cause if it's the latter, I disagree, she is probably the only one who could act.

Her character. What a waste.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3281 on: September 15, 2017, 09:26:51 pm »
Just watched Guardians Vol. 2 again on blu-ray.

Still a boss film.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3282 on: September 20, 2017, 04:28:56 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lIY6zFL95hE&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lIY6zFL95hE&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

The Marvel Netflix stuff is such a mixed bag, I hope this is as good as it looks and can be.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3283 on: September 20, 2017, 04:29:46 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lIY6zFL95hE&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lIY6zFL95hE&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

The Marvel Netflix stuff is such a mixed bag, I hope this is as good as it looks and can be.

Looks nuts!

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3284 on: September 20, 2017, 04:32:50 pm »
[flash=500,400]https://www.youtube.com/v/lIY6zFL95hE&feature=youtu.be[/flash

For me the Marvel stuff has been average to good, and very good in the case of Daredevil S1. All watchable I'd say. I'm hopefull!

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3285 on: September 20, 2017, 05:04:21 pm »
I was really disappointed with IF and Defenders.

Love DD S1 and 1/2 of 2. Loved JJ. Loved the first half or so of LC.

But as this is spwaned from DD, I suppose I should be hopeful as he was the best thing in S2.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3286 on: September 20, 2017, 05:41:19 pm »
Punisher looks very good, and Bernthal is brilliant in the role. The key to the success is going to be building a strong supporting cast around Frank Castle, as 13 episodes of him on the rampage would probably get old quick. Hope there's a fair amount of comedy too - you need that to balance against the Castle character.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3287 on: September 20, 2017, 07:39:34 pm »
Punisher looks brilliant and the sound editing was brilliant love the gun fire matching the drums from Metallica One.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 07:55:52 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #3288 on: September 20, 2017, 07:46:38 pm »
I was really disappointed with IF and Defenders.

Love DD S1 and 1/2 of 2. Loved JJ. Loved the first half or so of LC.

But as this is spwaned from DD, I suppose I should be hopeful as he was the best thing in S2.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. Loved DD s1, first half of DD s2 and JJ s1. Liked first half of LC s1. Thought second half of DD s2, second half of LC s1 and Defenders were a bit meh, had some good stuff and some bad stuff. IF was just mostly all bad imo.

The Punisher trailer looks great though. And so far I think the trailers for all the Marvel Netflix shows have at least been truthful to what the show is, and not tried to sugar-coat anything or mislead us into thinking it will be about something other than what it is about.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3289 on: September 20, 2017, 11:44:45 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qqNn14l7hhA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qqNn14l7hhA</a>
 :D

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3290 on: September 21, 2017, 12:25:31 pm »
That is brilliant.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3291 on: September 22, 2017, 05:47:54 pm »
Rumours of ABCs Inhumans series being cancelled before it even airs. Even if it does air, I can't see it going well for everyone involved.

Feel a bit for the Agents of SHIELD producers as a significant portion of their budget was reallocated to Inhumans.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3292 on: September 22, 2017, 06:04:38 pm »
7% on Rotten Tomatoes must be an all time low for Marvel Studios. Even Roger Corman's Fantastic Four scored higher.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3293 on: September 27, 2017, 05:24:58 pm »
Spider-Man Homecoming 2017 720p WEB-DL H264 AC3-EVO :)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3294 on: September 30, 2017, 10:14:51 pm »
Just going to watch the first two episodes of Inhumans lets see if its as bad as they say,

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3295 on: October 7, 2017, 06:03:43 am »
Just watching a youtube video and they are saying the release of The Punisher has been delayed after they pulled out of the New York Comic con. people thought it was going to be released this weekend.

No problems with the show or anything, they just think it maybe not the right time after what happened in Las Vegas.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3296 on: October 8, 2017, 11:43:11 am »
Spider-Man Homecoming 2017 720p WEB-DL H264 AC3-EVO :)

Watched this last night. What an absoloute steaming pile of shite.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3297 on: October 10, 2017, 05:03:13 pm »
Watched this last night. What an absoloute steaming pile of shite.

Can't disagree more - not necessarily the best of the MCU films, but easily in the top 6/7 and much better than *any* non W-W film from DC since Batman Begins (well, maybe TDK, but that is overrated) - and definitely better than,  say, both Hulks, all 3 Iron Mans, Thor 2, Cap 1, the 2 Amazing SpiderMen, and at least 1, if not 2 of the Raimi Trilogy of Spiderman films.  I'd still give it a solid 7.5/10, maybe edging an 8

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3298 on: October 10, 2017, 07:24:09 pm »
Can't disagree more - not necessarily the best of the MCU films, but easily in the top 6/7 and much better than *any* non W-W film from DC since Batman Begins

:o

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3299 on: October 10, 2017, 08:17:41 pm »
Can't disagree more - not necessarily the best of the MCU films, but easily in the top 6/7 and much better than *any* non W-W film from DC since Batman Begins (well, maybe TDK, but that is overrated) - and definitely better than,  say, both Hulks, all 3 Iron Mans, Thor 2, Cap 1, the 2 Amazing SpiderMen, and at least 1, if not 2 of the Raimi Trilogy of Spiderman films.  I'd still give it a solid 7.5/10, maybe edging an 8

Had a massive discussion with a friend about it not long after watching it and we both had the same thought.

It could have been fantastic, it should have been fantastic, but there was to much 'avengers' and to little 'Spiderman'

The only two memorable parts for me are the elevator scene and near the end when he's stuck under the rubble.

Those two moments were what I wanted to see more of, parker overcoming his fears, proving he has the will power and the strength to BE spiderman, not be saved at every last second by fucking Iron Man.

Personally i'm getting entirely sick of the super hero movies as a whole, both marvel and dc, it's to centred toward the avengers or justice league now and it's simply detracting away from the fantastic characters that the studios have at their disposal.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3300 on: October 10, 2017, 08:22:21 pm »
Those two moments were what I wanted to see more of, parker overcoming his fears, proving he has the will power and the strength to BE spiderman, not be saved at every last second by fucking Iron Man.

Every last second?  How many times was he saved by Iron Man?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3301 on: October 10, 2017, 10:13:27 pm »
Haven’t actually seen it but can defo see where he’s coming from.

Logan was fantastic and at no point was I like ‘oooh what will this mean for the next one’ or wondering which superhero was going to come in next. Don’t get me wrong, I love the genre and a lot of the films but it is getting a bit boring now, knowing no-ones in danger because we know they’ve already filmed the one three down the line. Just kinda wish they went back to doing a few which are standalone and not all linking into the MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE (t)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3302 on: October 10, 2017, 10:18:43 pm »
Yeah I can see the argument, I personally like that everything is intertwined and I'd even like the street level heroes on Netflix to actually interact with the cinematic universe as well.  That's how it works in the comics.  On the Iron Man stuff, I only saw Homecoming a week or two ago and had read loads beforehand about how Iron Man was the star and Iron Man was always swooping in to save the day but that's really not what happens throughout.  Sure, he features a fair bit and there's one scene in particular where he makes a massive difference but Spider-Man is a 15 year old kid learning the ropes, it makes sense in the context of the universe.  Especially without Uncle Ben dying in this version.

I was expecting not to like Homecoming, it's the only Marvel film I've not seen in the cinema because of that but I enjoyed it way more than I thought.  Wouldn't put it up there with Winter Soldier, Logan, etc, but it holds its own.  And Keaton is phenomenal as the Vulture.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3303 on: October 10, 2017, 10:37:38 pm »
Every last second?  How many times was he saved by Iron Man?

Fair enough, not every last second, but he gets dropped by Vulture and Iron Man sends a suit to save him, the boat scene for me was ruined by Iron Man.

It was the train moment from the Maguire ones and it just lost all it's value when Iron Man showed up.

Like I said, I'm more sick of the fact that in the end, it felt like Iron Man and his adventures with.... instead of a Spiderman film.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3304 on: October 10, 2017, 11:19:34 pm »
Didnt mind spiderman, they are starting his story arc of starting off raw and inexperienced to eventually replace iron man in the avengers id imagine for the next avengers trilogy

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3305 on: October 10, 2017, 11:30:22 pm »
Haven’t actually seen it but can defo see where he’s coming from.

Logan was fantastic and at no point was I like ‘oooh what will this mean for the next one’ or wondering which superhero was going to come in next. Don’t get me wrong, I love the genre and a lot of the films but it is getting a bit boring now, knowing no-ones in danger because we know they’ve already filmed the one three down the line. Just kinda wish they went back to doing a few which are standalone and not all linking into the MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE (t)

Joining the dark side, I see...
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3306 on: October 11, 2017, 02:37:23 am »
Woah, woah, woah. None of the Raimi Spider-Man films, let alone Thor, are on the same level as Captain America or Iron Man 3. Get outta here.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #3307 on: October 11, 2017, 02:52:43 am »
I thought it was comfortably the best Spider-Man ever made and separately quite probably in the top 6 MCU movies.

For me it's:

1. Captain America 2
2. Guardians of the Galaxy
3. The Incredible Hulk
4. Iron Man
5. Avengers
6. Spider-Man: Homecoming

Because:

Avengers 2 - Garbage
Both Thors - Garbage or meh
Iron Man 2-3 - Garbage
Dr Strange - Fine, I guess
Ant-Man - Good, not great
Cap 1 & Civil War - Meh
Guardians 2 - Good, not great

I understand the frustration with the MCU as a general criticism. I agree that Logan was great, in part because it didn't need to point to the rest of the X-Men universe.

But I think as far as fitting a popular character into the MCU - which is a fact we need to make peace with, like it or not - goes, Spider-Man was very good. The MCU provides a context for a reboot that doesn't involve him getting bitten by the spider all over again. The actors were with few exceptions, terrific. The casting of actors from diverse backgrounds worked a treat, and I think is an advertisement of what's possible if a studio does decide to change the ethnicity of characters in adaptations of source material. There are some great action sequences, too.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3308 on: October 11, 2017, 05:36:52 am »
Woah, woah, woah. None of the Raimi Spider-Man films, let alone Thor, are on the same level as Captain America or Iron Man 3. Get outta here.

Iron Man 3!?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3309 on: October 11, 2017, 03:06:58 pm »
I have trouble exactly numbering them, but today I think my ranking is: 
1)  Guardians of the Galaxy - Right out of nowhere, came this funny, musical film that I found utterly wondeful
2)  Captain America 2 - Just a fantastic, Cold-War era spy thriller, that so happened to be set in the MCU.  Very close second behind GOTG for me
3)  Avengers 1 - Brilliant ensemble cast, Whedon directing and showing he knew how, very funny and great villain
4)  Captain America 3 - Fantastic sequel, loved the inclusion of Scarlet Witch and Spiderman, liked the plot enough
5)  Ant-Man - Paul Rudd is a comedic treasure in this, every beat made me laugh, good plot, good comedic timings
6=) GOTG2 - Little disappointed at the plot, but Kurt Russell was amazing, and very good music (if not as good as the first), along with some good set pieces
6=)  Avengers 2 - Little bit confusing, didn't like anywhere near as much as the original, but still a very good film
8)  Spiderman Homecoming - Very good film, marred by too much Tony Stark, would have preferred less of him, but still very good
9)  Thor -  Loved the movie when it came out, Branagh did a fantastic job of setting the world of the Gods, and best movie villain in the MCU, actually being a better villain then he was in Avengers film
10)  Dr Strange -  Loved the mystique, the set pieces were jaw dropping, liked Cumberbatch enough
11)  Captain America 1 - Like the plot, very cool villain a little let down by the weird start and CGI
12)  Iron Man 1 - This and Cap I go back and forth on, this has a worst villain, and an annoying end, but launched the MCU
13) Thor 2  - after such a good first film at the time, this was an awful mess, awful villain, poor direction, etc
14)  Incredible Hulk - Got bored, fell asleep, haven't bothered to watch it since
15+16)  Iron Man 2 & 3 - Just utterly awful in every respect

Top 4 are a league apart, 6-10 are all very close and each could switch positions any day, bottom 4 are terrible, 11/12 just average

Raimi's Spiderman 2 fits in around the top 5 in that list; Spiderman 1 around 6-8, Spiderman 3 just after Cap 1, and the 2 ASMs right at the borrom (maybe around 14th spot)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 03:10:01 pm by Scottymuser »

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3310 on: October 13, 2017, 06:21:29 pm »
Noticed Sky One are advertising the inhumans, bit confusing that they've split the tv shows between Sky, channel 4, and Netflix in the UK. Suppose it's who offers them the most.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #3311 on: October 13, 2017, 08:35:07 pm »
Too tired to do a full list but off the top of my head my favourite MCU films:
1. Avengers Assemble
2. CA3: Civil War
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. Iron Man
5. CA2: The Winter Soldier.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3312 on: October 14, 2017, 09:01:23 am »
Guardians of the Galaxy only 3rd? How dare ya.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3313 on: October 16, 2017, 04:38:04 pm »
Marvel are really putting it out there with this phase

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xjDjIWPwcPU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xjDjIWPwcPU</a>

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3314 on: October 16, 2017, 05:26:27 pm »
Not at all interested in this one and the music in that trailer was brutal.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #3315 on: October 16, 2017, 06:43:17 pm »
Looks awful, like the whole thing was shot in front of a green screen.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3316 on: October 16, 2017, 08:55:17 pm »
Yeah way too much CGI, but how else can you show Wakanda?

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #3317 on: October 16, 2017, 11:19:23 pm »
That looks pretty interesting if you ask me.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3318 on: October 17, 2017, 01:05:50 am »
Black Panther could be good just going by the personnel involved, but the trailer didn't look too great at all. The fact it's being released in February - the year's box office dead zone - doesn't bode well either, it doesn't exactly scream out that Marvel and Disney will go out of their way to promote it.

As for the rankings, while I wouldn't put it on the top level with GOTG, Punisher: War Zone* or Captain America: Civil War, Iron Man 3 is a very well done Shane Black template superimposed on to a superhero film, with some superb action set pieces and some effective fleshing out of the characters. It's way above borefests like Iron Man 2 or the Hulk films, or a shallow, quickly-made cash in like the first Thor (haven't seen Dark World but Ragnarok looks good). The Raimi films seemed great when they came out, but today they come across as overly long and drawn out without much in the way of action or particularly interesting characters. Spider-Man 2 was comfortably over two hours, but can anyone remember anything about it outside of the Doc Ock experiment scenes?

*Whatever you think about the Punisher or those kinds of action films, it's hard to argue PWZ isn't the most faithful translation of a Marvel character to film.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #3319 on: October 17, 2017, 02:29:23 am »
That trailer was poor. It didn't tell me anything about the movie, and what it did tell me, I didn't like. It's a shame, because it's a Ryan Coogler movie and features Michael B Jordan. And I think the world could use a great black superhero movie right now.