Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 632093 times)

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Marvel Musings
« Reply #3200 on: July 30, 2017, 07:03:52 am »
Any chance we can get a new solo Hulk film in the future?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Nope, rights issues. Mark Ruffalo was in the news a few days ago saying it was impossible.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3201 on: July 30, 2017, 07:26:56 am »
Nope, rights issues. Mark Ruffalo was in the news a few days ago saying it was impossible.
Didn't know Universal held the rights to his solo films.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3202 on: July 30, 2017, 07:38:05 am »
Didn't know Universal held the rights to his solo films.

Seems a weird situation, Marvel must regret some of their older business deals.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/hulk-mark-ruffalo-avengers-infinity-war-disney-d23-1202496785/
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3203 on: July 30, 2017, 07:56:11 am »
Seems a weird situation, Marvel must regret some of their older business deals.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/hulk-mark-ruffalo-avengers-infinity-war-disney-d23-1202496785/
Not half. The MCU would be completely different with the likes of X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool in it.

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3204 on: July 30, 2017, 08:13:22 am »
Finally got round to watching Logan. I enjoyed it but for me it was a case of what might have been. I mean who wouldn't want to see a family of evil inbred Hulk kids?

The original 'Old Man Logan' arc had so much more going on but was obviously never a possibility due to rights reasons. There's a few videos on YouTube which explain the story for anyone interested.

https://youtu.be/to-QwIyECQ4

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #3205 on: July 30, 2017, 12:42:45 pm »
Not half. The MCU would be completely different with the likes of X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool in it.
Aye, but it helps the X-Men world immensely not to be a part of all that.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3206 on: July 31, 2017, 08:05:35 pm »
Wilson Fisk is possibly the best marvel villain that's been portrayed on screen thus far.

After just finishing watching the 8th episode of season 1 of Daredevil I'm tending to agree with you here.

What a superb hour of TV!! 

Basically a whole episode primarily dedicated to Wilson Fisk, including his back story, his power wobble, cementing his alliance with the lovely Vanessa and ultimately coming out of the shadows to proclaim himself the saviour of Hell's Kitchen. (to all the good guys dismay)

Up there with a one of the best episodes of TV i have ever watched.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3207 on: July 31, 2017, 08:08:51 pm »
Yeah Fisk is an amazing character, great performance.  Cottonmouth and The Purple Man are both really solid too.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3208 on: August 4, 2017, 07:47:49 am »
Spoiler
Can't believe they killed Cottonmouth off in Ep 7 of Luke Cage  :no
[close]

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3209 on: August 6, 2017, 06:33:11 am »
Diamondback's a bit OTT isn't he?!

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3210 on: August 6, 2017, 05:06:22 pm »
Just finished Jessica Jones and really enjoyed it. Am going to put it first out of the four Netflix series. Then Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist.
Just looking on IMDB and it looks like they are all back next year for new series.

Did anyone realise who the hot mum of Jessica's mate Trisha is?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3211 on: August 6, 2017, 07:48:55 pm »
Defenders is actually coming out this month.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3212 on: August 7, 2017, 03:50:44 pm »
Wait till Batista turns up.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3MMMe1drnZY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3MMMe1drnZY</a>

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3213 on: August 7, 2017, 04:31:17 pm »
Wait till Batista turns up.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3MMMe1drnZY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3MMMe1drnZY</a>

Love big Dave. Will be getting the blu-ray for this as I thought it was brilliant and everything a sequel could of been to follow up such an amazing first film.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3214 on: August 7, 2017, 04:42:56 pm »
Josh Brolin is Cable in Deadpool 2

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3215 on: August 7, 2017, 05:16:39 pm »

Works for me.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3216 on: August 7, 2017, 05:25:46 pm »
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is out in the ether if you know where to look

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3217 on: August 7, 2017, 08:32:39 pm »
I like Brolin and he does look like Cable to an extent but I think it would of been better suited to someone taller and with more muscle.

Still think he will be fine though.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3218 on: August 8, 2017, 06:26:49 pm »
Finished Luke Cage, thought it was brilliant all the way through to be honest. Go on holiday tomorrow but will catch up on Iron Fist before The Defenders.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3219 on: August 8, 2017, 06:31:21 pm »
I like Brolin and he does look like Cable to an extent but I think it would of been better suited to someone taller and with more muscle.

Still think he will be fine though.

Ron Perlman
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #3220 on: August 8, 2017, 06:35:20 pm »
Finished Luke Cage, thought it was brilliant all the way through to be honest. Go on holiday tomorrow but will catch up on Iron Fist before The Defenders.

Can't recommend Iron Fist. At all. And I even enjoyed season one of SHIELD, so I have a pretty high tolerance for this stuff.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3221 on: August 8, 2017, 06:37:34 pm »
Can't recommend Iron Fist. At all. And I even enjoyed season one of SHIELD, so I have a pretty high tolerance for this stuff.
Is it that bad? I'm not looking forward to it but I feel like I need to watch it before The defenders haha! Hasn't SHIELD improved as it's progressed? I've read a few articles about it being a lot better than it started out but I only lasted about 3 episodes and binned it.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3222 on: August 8, 2017, 06:38:22 pm »
Is it that bad? I'm not looking forward to it but I feel like I need to watch it before The defenders haha! Hasn't SHIELD improved as it's progressed? I've read a few articles about it being a lot better than it started out but I only lasted about 3 episodes and binned it.

I've seen icebergs that move faster than Iron Fist, plus I cared more for the ice than I did any of the characters in the series.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3223 on: August 8, 2017, 06:48:39 pm »
I'd say watch it for completions sake. For me, the Netflix shows have been on a decline right from the start, with Daredevil S1 being the best, JJ slightly worse, DD S2 50/50, Luke Cage duller and IF the worst so far. Hopefully Defenders bucks the trend.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3224 on: August 8, 2017, 06:51:00 pm »

Yeah, SHIELD really picked up in season 2/3 when they did the tie-in to the Winter Soldier. Still fairly cheap and cheerful stuff, but once they got past the "villain of the week" format and started doing longer plot-threads it really moved up a gear. Not a patch on DD, JJ or LC.

Iron Fist, I wanted to like it. I left it a while to watch and heard loads of negative stuff about it, but gave it a fair go and, well, there wasn't much to like. The lead is dull. Seriously dull. And his character is stupid. His whole discipline is about control but he just loses his rag all the time, and it's not even something he acknowledges, much less struggles with or triumphs over. He's a narky prick, and I didn't even get what it was he wanted most of the time. He wants his father's business, but he hates business and apparently has no use for money.

The fight scenes are ok, but nothing special at this point.
The plot goes round in circles a few times but never really gets going.
Everything seems to take far too long, and then it's all a bit disappointing.
There's nothing about it that really makes it stand out. They could have really gone into the Kung-Fu philosophy of it a lot more, that's something that hasn't been done with superheroes. Or they could have made something more of the fact he's extremely wealthy, but that doesn't even appear to have any impact on his daily life, which is ludicrous.

It's at the point where I'm genuinely hoping they kill the little prick off in The Defenders. He's kind of redundant in that group anyway. There's nothing Danny Rand can do that Cage, JJ and DD can't already do.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3225 on: August 8, 2017, 07:01:40 pm »
Yeah, SHIELD really picked up in season 2/3 when they did the tie-in to the Winter Soldier. Still fairly cheap and cheerful stuff, but once they got past the "villain of the week" format and started doing longer plot-threads it really moved up a gear. Not a patch on DD, JJ or LC.

Iron Fist, I wanted to like it. I left it a while to watch and heard loads of negative stuff about it, but gave it a fair go and, well, there wasn't much to like. The lead is dull. Seriously dull. And his character is stupid. His whole discipline is about control but he just loses his rag all the time, and it's not even something he acknowledges, much less struggles with or triumphs over. He's a narky prick, and I didn't even get what it was he wanted most of the time. He wants his father's business, but he hates business and apparently has no use for money.

The fight scenes are ok, but nothing special at this point.
The plot goes round in circles a few times but never really gets going.
Everything seems to take far too long, and then it's all a bit disappointing.
There's nothing about it that really makes it stand out. They could have really gone into the Kung-Fu philosophy of it a lot more, that's something that hasn't been done with superheroes. Or they could have made something more of the fact he's extremely wealthy, but that doesn't even appear to have any impact on his daily life, which is ludicrous.

It's at the point where I'm genuinely hoping they kill the little prick off in The Defenders. He's kind of redundant in that group anyway. There's nothing Danny Rand can do that Cage, JJ and DD can't already do.
Damn IF does sound terrible. I've always wondered that if his power is his fist then can't Luke Cage basically do the same thing because he's so strong and powerful?

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3226 on: August 8, 2017, 08:11:43 pm »
Damn IF does sound terrible. I've always wondered that if his power is his fist then can't Luke Cage basically do the same thing because he's so strong and powerful?

Pretty much. Or Jessica Jones, for that matter. He only uses the Fist on special occasions, so it's a bit like the old Hulk show where you were basically waiting to see him transform the whole episode. He's also very good at kung-fu, with or without the fist, but Daredevil is more or less unbeatable hand-to-hand anyway, so yeah.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3227 on: August 8, 2017, 08:14:31 pm »
Pretty much. Or Jessica Jones, for that matter. He only uses the Fist on special occasions, so it's a bit like the old Hulk show where you were basically waiting to see him transform the whole episode. He's also very good at kung-fu, with or without the fist, but Daredevil is more or less unbeatable hand-to-hand anyway, so yeah.
Fuck it, kill him off in The Defenders :D.

Who did you prefer in LC, Cottonmouth or Diamondback?

At first I wasn't liking Diamondback but he grew on me when I realised he was fucking nuts.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3228 on: August 8, 2017, 08:18:40 pm »
Fuck it, kill him off in The Defenders :D.

Who did you prefer in LC, Cottonmouth or Diamondback?

At first I wasn't liking Diamondback but he grew on me when I realised he was fucking nuts.

I liked both, Diamondback really grew into his own towards the end. The whole Luke Cage series is really well put together, drawing on the blaxploitation genre that was the original inspiration for the character.

I read some of the early Luke Cage comics last year, it was cheesy as hell, one issue was just a Scooby Doo episode in all but name. I love how they've kept a lot of the crazy aspects of it, but made it more "realistic" at the same time.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3229 on: August 8, 2017, 08:28:18 pm »
Diamondback was too cartoony for me, Cottonmouth was way better.  Doom would've trumped them both though.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3230 on: August 8, 2017, 08:29:19 pm »
I liked both, Diamondback really grew into his own towards the end. The whole Luke Cage series is really well put together, drawing on the blaxploitation genre that was the original inspiration for the character.

I read some of the early Luke Cage comics last year, it was cheesy as hell, one issue was just a Scooby Doo episode in all but name. I love how they've kept a lot of the crazy aspects of it, but made it more "realistic" at the same time.
I need to check out some of Luke Cage's comics having never read any of them and not knowing much about the character until the series came out.

On another note I thought the actress that played Misty Knight was gorgeous and Rosario always looking good.

Oh and Shades was a piece of work. One strange character and the acting was a bit off to me. Funny though.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3231 on: August 8, 2017, 10:06:23 pm »
I need to check out some of Luke Cage's comics having never read any of them and not knowing much about the character until the series came out.

On another note I thought the actress that played Misty Knight was gorgeous and Rosario always looking good.

Oh and Shades was a piece of work. One strange character and the acting was a bit off to me. Funny though.

Shades is one of the few characters to have appeared in more than one Marvel Netflix show.

The early Luke Cage comics are very weird to read now. The better ones were written more recently by Brian Michael Bendis, in the storyline that introduced Jessica Jones in the comics and eventually led to Cage joining the Avengers and generally raising his profile. And in between, he was mostly partnered with Iron Fist as Heroes for Hire, I've not read much of that, but it was one of those titles where they got a new writer in every three or four issues, so I don't expect it holds together very well.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3232 on: August 9, 2017, 02:35:13 pm »
Shades is one of the few characters to have appeared in more than one Marvel Netflix show.

The early Luke Cage comics are very weird to read now. The better ones were written more recently by Brian Michael Bendis, in the storyline that introduced Jessica Jones in the comics and eventually led to Cage joining the Avengers and generally raising his profile. And in between, he was mostly partnered with Iron Fist as Heroes for Hire, I've not read much of that, but it was one of those titles where they got a new writer in every three or four issues, so I don't expect it holds together very well.
Which other one was Shades in? I'm drawing a blank.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3233 on: August 9, 2017, 02:44:51 pm »
Yeah pretty sure Shades is just in Luke Cage.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3234 on: August 9, 2017, 02:58:48 pm »
Which other one was Shades in? I'm drawing a blank.
Yeah I've been trying to think which other show he was in too and was sure it was Iron Fist because I haven't seen it yet but I done my googles and only found him in Luke Cage.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3235 on: August 9, 2017, 03:01:13 pm »
Nessy is fucking with us  :no

Who has crossed over? Claire of course, Hogarth, Madam Gao. Anyone else?

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3236 on: August 9, 2017, 03:11:40 pm »

Turk, the gangster, was in Daredevil (very first scene and multiple other appearances) then reappeared in Luke Cage. The newspaper editor has been in Daredevil and Iron Fist, IIRC. The detective who has the rivalry with Foggy was in Jessica Jones too.

Oh, and Trish Walker made a (voice only) appearance in Luke Cage when her radio show was featured.

Karen Page is going to be a main character in The Punisher, if that counts...

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3237 on: August 9, 2017, 03:17:27 pm »
Turk, the gangster, was in Daredevil (very first scene and multiple other appearances) then reappeared in Luke Cage. The newspaper editor has been in Daredevil and Iron Fist, IIRC. The detective who has the rivalry with Foggy was in Jessica Jones too.

Oh, and Trish Walker made a (voice only) appearance in Luke Cage when her radio show was featured.

Karen Page is going to be a main character in The Punisher, if that counts...
Nice!

Even after googling Turk, I still don't remember him :-X

I forgot about Ellison in IF. Looks like he'll be in Punisher along with Karen.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3238 on: August 9, 2017, 07:41:56 pm »

Reyes(not sure how to spell her name) the DA was in Jessica Jones and Daredevil Season two.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3239 on: August 10, 2017, 03:16:33 pm »

Oops. Yep, my mistake.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA