Author Topic: SoccerManager - Looking for new managers  (Read 592049 times)

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
Re: Soccer Manager League 2
« Reply #9040 on: May 22, 2018, 08:30:53 pm »
Liverpool 3-2 Real Madrid.  We would all take that on Saturday.

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9041 on: June 1, 2018, 09:58:10 am »
My team is only getting worse these past two rating reviews. Now Neuer drops to 95. Seems like my players are deemed past it by SM. Probably no rises for Marcelo, Kroos, Modric either, no matter how many CL titles they win.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #9042 on: June 1, 2018, 10:04:16 am »
My team is only getting worse these past two rating reviews. Now Neuer drops to 95. Seems like my players are deemed past it by SM. Probably no rises for Marcelo, Kroos, Modric either, no matter how many CL titles they win.

"Call me" ;D

Would defo be interested in taking Neuer off you if Ederson gets a nice rise.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #9043 on: June 1, 2018, 05:08:19 pm »
Nastasic out and Tah in.

My future back line is taking shape and the dm slot too.

Saul , Sule , Tolisso , Romagoli , Tah ,  Gaya , Kovavic .

Just need the likes of Mammana and Henrics to sort their shit out.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #9044 on: June 4, 2018, 10:50:52 am »
Been a while since we've had a good bidding war :D Wonder if PSV's luck in these things will hold up now that our squad's a bit higher rated.

Could maybe have bid earlier but a few of you had him shortlisted & then you might've clocked on to mikey's Javi Martinez bid as well. Can't be snitching on him like that ;D Really glad he's managed to land him, a top signing for Valencia!

Nastasic out and Tah in.

My future back line is taking shape and the dm slot too.

Saul , Sule , Tolisso , Romagoli , Tah ,  Gaya , Kovavic .

Just need the likes of Mammana and Henrics to sort their shit out.

Top signing that mate  :thumbup

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9045 on: June 4, 2018, 01:15:43 pm »
Been a while since we've had a good bidding war :D Wonder if PSV's luck in these things will hold up now that our squad's a bit higher rated.

Could maybe have bid earlier but a few of you had him shortlisted & then you might've clocked on to mikey's Javi Martinez bid as well. Can't be snitching on him like that ;D Really glad he's managed to land him, a top signing for Valencia!

Top signing that mate  :thumbup

Was a pretty nifty move .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #9046 on: June 4, 2018, 03:18:33 pm »
Still got it :lmao

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #9047 on: June 9, 2018, 08:29:34 am »
Some nice rises for the youth team in recent days. Augustin, Sarr and now Rony Lopes & Nkunku. Much needed as well after harakiri-ing my youth squad to improve the first team. Rise my children....RISE!!!

That Thiago Silva drop seems really harsh. Good to see they're finally getting a move on though, this review is taking an absolute age! Looks like it's the Premier League next.

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9048 on: June 9, 2018, 02:23:27 pm »
Some nice rises for the youth team in recent days. Augustin, Sarr and now Rony Lopes & Nkunku. Much needed as well after harakiri-ing my youth squad to improve the first team. Rise my children....RISE!!!

Aouar rises to 88. Truly appreciated by his foster family, thriving in fact. Before and after adoption pics of the happy guy upcoming.

That Thiago Silva drop seems really harsh. Good to see they're finally getting a move on though, this review is taking an absolute age! Looks like it's the Premier League next.

They were still faffing about with Ligue 2 the other day, now they've blitzed all the way to PSG!

Thiago Silva's drop is cruel. If he was under 30 he'd have probably risen. If Brazil reach the WC final and he doesn't get his 93 back I'll be up to Preston first thing with placards and a bucket of piss.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #9049 on: June 9, 2018, 06:09:43 pm »
Aouar rises to 88. Truly appreciated by his foster family, thriving in fact. Before and after adoption pics of the happy guy upcoming.

Part of the harakiri, he was. A great little player.

Thiago Silva's drop is cruel. If he was under 30 he'd have probably risen. If Brazil reach the WC final and he doesn't get his 93 back I'll be up to Preston first thing with placards and a bucket of piss.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9050 on: June 11, 2018, 02:46:29 pm »
So PSG can be beaten! Eric Dier of all people popping up with a last minute winner off the bench. Pleased to have got Barca onto a good run of form after a rocky start. Plus two cup semis to come. I know it's pretty much the minimum expected from this squad, but I'm still enjoying getting the team playing my way. On that note, I appear to have Italian-ified Barca with just 1 league goal conceded in our last 10 matches! I would like to say Lawnmo would be proud, but I'm not sure he would  :-X  :D
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9051 on: June 13, 2018, 12:27:20 pm »
I feel like doing the Can Can.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9052 on: June 14, 2018, 09:08:48 am »
Pretty good morning this one.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #9053 on: June 14, 2018, 09:36:42 am »
I feel like doing the Can Can.

Twat ;D Got his rise today as well, good timing.

Werner comes in for Tielemans but that's just a small part of a much bigger deal... ;D

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9054 on: June 14, 2018, 04:54:52 pm »
Twat ;D Got his rise today as well, good timing.

Werner comes in for Tielemans but that's just a small part of a much bigger deal... ;D

I know and I chuckled.

Who wants Danilo ?

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9055 on: June 21, 2018, 09:28:38 pm »
When it rains in Munich, it pours.

Bayern - Valencia 0-1 (shots on target: 13-1)
Bayern - Barcelona 0-1 (sot: 3-2)
Dortmund - Bayern 1-1 (sot: 2-4)
Bayern - Real Madrid 1-1 (sot: 5-3)
Bayern - Inter 0-2 (sot: 6-3)
Napoli - Bayern 1-0 (sot: 3-7)

Last 6 games not counting the one against unmanaged Juve. Willing to admit I'll never get Bayern right.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #9056 on: June 21, 2018, 09:54:36 pm »
When it rains in Munich, it pours.

Bayern - Valencia 0-1 (shots on target: 13-1)
Bayern - Barcelona 0-1 (sot: 3-2)
Dortmund - Bayern 1-1 (sot: 2-4)
Bayern - Real Madrid 1-1 (sot: 5-3)
Bayern - Inter 0-2 (sot: 6-3)
Napoli - Bayern 1-0 (sot: 3-7)

Last 6 games not counting the one against unmanaged Juve. Willing to admit I'll never get Bayern right.

Seemed a whole lot closer than that when watching it. Stopped the slump I was in!
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9057 on: June 21, 2018, 09:57:51 pm »
Seemed a whole lot closer than that when watching it. Stopped the slump I was in!

Gongrats on the win! I never watch the animation myself, just check the stats.

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9058 on: June 25, 2018, 10:20:04 am »
Overall quite happy with the ratings reviews, but dissapointed there's still no rises for Modric, Marcelo or Kroos.

In my opinion Modric is the best midfielder in the world, and has been for a while. He has 4 CL wins in his CV. If Xavi was rated 97 in his heyday there's no reason Modric shouldn't have been at least a 96 for a while now. The same goes for Kroos, 3 time CL winner and a WC winner. Marcelo is probably one of the greatest left backs of all time, and also a 4 time CL winner. Alves was rated 95 in his peak. No reason Marcelo shouldn't have got the same a while ago as well.

Think some of the greats of this current Real Madrid side are underrated by SM, and I'm not just saying that because I have some of those players. In terms of individual players it's one the greatest sides of all time, much more than just Ronaldo.

Also, Oblak should've got a 94. For me the best GK's in the world are Neuer, De Gea and him. The other two are 95, while Oblak is still stuck at 93.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 10:43:35 am by Midget »

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #9059 on: June 25, 2018, 05:13:48 pm »
Overall quite happy with the ratings reviews, but dissapointed there's still no rises for Modric, Marcelo or Kroos.

In my opinion Modric is the best midfielder in the world, and has been for a while. He has 4 CL wins in his CV. If Xavi was rated 97 in his heyday there's no reason Modric shouldn't have been at least a 96 for a while now. The same goes for Kroos, 3 time CL winner and a WC winner. Marcelo is probably one of the greatest left backs of all time, and also a 4 time CL winner. Alves was rated 95 in his peak. No reason Marcelo shouldn't have got the same a while ago as well.

Think some of the greats of this current Real Madrid side are underrated by SM, and I'm not just saying that because I have some of those players. In terms of individual players it's one the greatest sides of all time, much more than just Ronaldo.

Also, Oblak should've got a 94. For me the best GK's in the world are Neuer, De Gea and him. The other two are 95, while Oblak is still stuck at 93.

Good post. Agree about Modric, he's going to go down as one of the all-time great midfielders. Was thinking of throwing in a bid after his performance the other day  :D Think the fact he plays for Croatia works against him in terms of his SM rating, while Xavi got an extra little boost from winning all those international trophies. Marcelo unlucky not to get 95 but I think Kroos is fine where he is, I don't think he was quite at his best this season.

Having Messi & Ronaldo around kind of distorts things though. Without those two I think it would be much easier for SM to bump players to 96 or even 97. But noone else has been anywhere near their level for years now (apart from maybe Suarez for a while) so they've gotta keep a gap between them and the rest.

Don't think they're done with Spain yet, Barca & Atletico still to go so Oblak could (and should) still rise. Interested to see what they do with Suarez, think he might drop after seeing how brutal they've been with other 30+ players. Personally think it's been a really poor review with some glaring omissions. In terms of my PSV squad I thought Otamendi would make 92 & I'm very surprised Batshuayi didn't rise.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 05:24:43 pm by KingLuis10 »

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #9060 on: July 2, 2018, 08:38:02 pm »
Won the league with 3 games to go

nice to end on a high

anyone interested in taking the french galacticos over let me know :)

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9061 on: July 2, 2018, 09:30:54 pm »
Won the league with 3 games to go

nice to end on a high

anyone interested in taking the french galacticos over let me know :)

Congrats Liam.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9062 on: July 11, 2018, 07:58:10 pm »
Betty has set the bar with this bid...

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9063 on: July 11, 2018, 10:22:35 pm »

Waiting patiently here.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 10:25:03 pm by Betty Blue »
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9064 on: July 11, 2018, 10:58:12 pm »

Might get a decent offer for Upamecano now.....  :P

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9065 on: July 11, 2018, 11:01:23 pm »

If this deal doesn't come off then I'm down for a big trade with some of your top young guys...

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9066 on: July 11, 2018, 11:14:36 pm »
If this deal doesn't come off then I'm down for a big trade with some of your top young guys...

Hey up. It's going to take some from here to smash my cohort. Shak are the Wild Boars of this league, and we will emerge in time!

Speculating in my brain what your Mbappe offer might be:

Bobby, Pulisic and Muller?
Griezmann and Kimmich?
Neymar and Ramos?

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #9067 on: July 12, 2018, 07:48:12 am »
Finding it surprisingly difficult to trade in this world recently. Did that monster trade with Betty (watch Dybala tear it up at the start of the season now!!!) and that's about it really, despite throwing a number of offers out there. Looking to bring in another 90+ forward, none of my players are off the table.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9068 on: July 12, 2018, 08:56:37 am »

Definitely interested.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #9069 on: July 12, 2018, 04:59:59 pm »
Finding it surprisingly difficult to trade in this world recently. Did that monster trade with Betty (watch Dybala tear it up at the start of the season now!!!) and that's about it really, despite throwing a number of offers out there. Looking to bring in another 90+ forward, none of my players are off the table.

i imagine when i leave PSG end of season it might open up a lot of new trading!

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9070 on: July 12, 2018, 08:34:15 pm »
Betty doesn't give in easy, massive offer tabled this morning. LM would have been proud, its taken Betty a bit of time to fill those huge pants but today he demonstrated he's ready.

His offer would have convinced me to part with any of my favourites, Sane, Alli, Marquinhos, Dembele, Sterling, Jesus and so on.

But Mbappe remains a City player for now...

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9071 on: July 13, 2018, 11:17:59 am »

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #9072 on: July 13, 2018, 06:20:19 pm »

As does Martial ;D

Heard about that Mbappe offer....  :o :o :o

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #9073 on: July 13, 2018, 06:31:11 pm »
As does Martial ;D

spill the beans

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9074 on: July 13, 2018, 06:42:25 pm »

That wasn't even the final offer  ;)

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #9075 on: July 13, 2018, 06:49:09 pm »
The time has finally come, Messi can't quite hold back the tears as PSG's greatest ever manager finally calls time on his time at the club, After 4 league titles on the bounce, 4 League shield trophies, 2 cup trophies and 3 charity shields!

Good luck to everyone in the game world, it's been a pleasure :)

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9076 on: July 13, 2018, 09:28:07 pm »
As does Martial ;D

Martial will leave, just waiting for the right offer for him.

No decision on Mbappe till after Sunday. If Betty doesnt get him no one will, can't see anyone else having the balls.

The time has finally come, Messi can't quite hold back the tears as PSG's greatest ever manager finally calls time on his time at the club, After 4 league titles on the bounce, 4 League shield trophies, 2 cup trophies and 3 charity shields!

Well played Liam, done what was needed to win and leave as a gameworld legend.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #9077 on: July 14, 2018, 09:36:22 am »

Sad to see you go Liam mate, you've been a massive part of this world for a long, long time. Leaving behind a proper juggernaut of a team as well. Not many would've had the balls to trade for all 3 of Messi, Ronaldo & Suarez.

Drop by to say hello everyone once in a while!

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9078 on: July 14, 2018, 10:43:48 am »

And another of the old guard leaves us, after losing Lawnmo and Terry recently. You'll be missed, mate.

What a team that was you created.

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9079 on: July 14, 2018, 05:43:36 pm »
Farewell dude, you were the gatekeeper to my first foray into the bowels of Soccer Manager back in 2014. Been a blast!

Think our biggest deal was Aguero for KDB and Godin. I was desperate for a marquee striker and KDB was still only hovering around 90!