Author Topic: Adverts you hate  (Read 195775 times)

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Adverts you hate
« Reply #440 on: February 1, 2018, 12:46:10 pm »
Take it away Frank...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nwR9pZ74j8Q
Just a teeny bit paranoid, no?
You will obey me while I lead you
And eat the garbage that I feed you
Until the day that we don't need you
Don't go for help . . . no one will heed you
Your mind is totally controlled
It has been stuffed into my mold
And you will do as you are told
Until the rights to you are sold
Advertising can't "make" you do anything you don't want to. Of course, if you do want to, you'll do as you're told* ;)

* (Joking)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #441 on: February 1, 2018, 06:01:19 pm »
Just a teeny bit paranoid, no?Advertising can't "make" you do anything you don't want to. Of course, if you do want to, you'll do as you're told* ;)

* (Joking)

Me ? Paranoid ?

Who whispered that ?   ;D

It has an influence over people. Surely you can't disagree with that ?
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #442 on: February 1, 2018, 06:02:10 pm »
And it's always nice to have an excuse to post a bit of Frank.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #443 on: February 1, 2018, 08:00:21 pm »
Those two silly tarts allegedly sisters singing to a stupid song.

I just came on here to post that. My other half has to listen to me describe new, inventive ways for them to die every time the advert comes on. They are my kryptonite
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: February 1, 2018, 08:32:26 pm »
I just came on here to post that. My other half has to listen to me describe new, inventive ways for them to die every time the advert comes on. They are my kryptonite

Same here, last time it came on I said to my other half I would have to bury them under the patio given the chance, she replied with yeah, with "twats buried here" in neon lights on a sign.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #445 on: February 1, 2018, 10:17:59 pm »
Same here, last time it came on I said to my other half I would have to bury them under the patio given the chance, she replied with yeah, with "twats buried here" in neon lights on a sign.

Aren't they a YouTube 'sensation'?

To paraphrase Father Jack - Fuck off YouTube.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: February 2, 2018, 12:02:50 am »
Aren't they a YouTube 'sensation'?

To paraphrase Father Jack - Fuck off YouTube.

Yep and probably adored by dizzy, single 30-something women who cant get a proper job so tag themselves with bullshit titles like 'Lifestyle blogger'.

Lifestyle Blogger FFS.  Heard that the other night on a quiz show. Samantha is 33 from Epsom and is a lifestyle blogger.  Pah!

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #447 on: February 2, 2018, 02:37:19 pm »
The Alfie Boe 'Fisherman's Friend' advert is getting on my nerves now, which I suppose given he is from my home town and advertising a home town product it shouldn't, but I still can't stand it.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: February 2, 2018, 02:48:53 pm »
The Alfie Boe 'Fisherman's Friend' advert is getting on my nerves now, which I suppose given he is from my home town and advertising a home town product it shouldn't, but I still can't stand it.

Haha i was thinking about this thread the last time I saw that same advert. I doff my cap to you Frank,

Alfie Boe the big theatre luvvie wouldn't go anywhere near a Fisherman's friend in real life.  He'd have a fleet of aspiring understudies shipped to his dressing room during the intermissions who then proceed to tickle his throat with ostrich feathers and rub expensive oriental balms into his chest.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #449 on: February 2, 2018, 03:28:15 pm »
Haha i was thinking about this thread the last time I saw that same advert. I doff my cap to you Frank,

Alfie Boe the big theatre luvvie wouldn't go anywhere near a Fisherman's friend in real life.  He'd have a fleet of aspiring understudies shipped to his dressing room during the intermissions who then proceed to tickle his throat with ostrich feathers and rub expensive oriental balms into his chest.

Ha Ha spot on mate - what is worse I did a favour for my Dad today who still lives in Fleetwood, I am a few miles up the road, and had to drive past the Factory and just reminded me further of the horrible advert.
That smirk he puts on at the end is just cringeworthy.

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #450 on: February 9, 2018, 10:32:40 am »
It's probably been mentioned already, but the credit score advert with the dog repeatedly asking "what choo doin'?", then saying "better score, better deal".

"What choo doin'?, what choo doin'?"  Well dog, I'm just getting a sack and half a dozen house bricks, we're going for a walk by the river...
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #451 on: February 9, 2018, 11:51:18 am »
^^^   +1    Fooking hate those adverts, especially the bit with the wife string into space and making some benal comment totally unrelated to the actual advert.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: March 6, 2018, 12:03:49 pm »
Had to bump this thread due to the new Diet Coke advert with the new age creepy bint in the newsagents - life’s short, have a Diet Coke! “because I can” faaaaaaaack off

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #453 on: March 6, 2018, 12:28:15 pm »
All the Vodafone ads with Martin Freeman in. Something about him just does my head in and the adverts are fucking stupid

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #454 on: March 6, 2018, 12:30:56 pm »
The Nationwide one with the two unfunny bints singing stupid songs

And the one with the cat offering the puuuurrrrrfect TV and the puuuuurrrrrrrfect toaster, all for only 1029% APR.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #455 on: March 6, 2018, 12:47:45 pm »
Ziltoid has to earn a living you know.

I've just seen this you utter, utter twat

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: March 6, 2018, 02:21:36 pm »
Those two utterly detestable women in the Nationwide adverts, one of the most irritating in recent memory
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #457 on: March 7, 2018, 08:34:31 am »
Those two utterly detestable women in the Nationwide adverts, one of the most irritating in recent memory

They should have their own thread, it seems this ad is universally despised.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #458 on: March 7, 2018, 08:45:59 am »
The booking.com 'Magnus's Story' is really getting tiresome now.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: March 7, 2018, 09:30:16 am »

Ahh good old Magnus, the inoffensive Scandie Hipster casually mooching around Uganda and throwing up on the sides of their streets.

Unfortunately, they cut the film at the end where he was hacked to death by the Ugandan Lord's Resistance Army.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #460 on: March 7, 2018, 09:36:02 am »
Ahh good old Magnus, the inoffensive Scandie Hipster casually mooching around Uganda and throwing up on the sides of their streets.

Unfortunately, they cut the film at the end where he was hacked to death by the Ugandan Lord's Resistance Army.

;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: March 7, 2018, 11:04:57 am »
Being off work sick you get to see how fucking depressing daytime adverts are. Every ad break its either some c*nt trying to get you to take a loan from a loan shark at over 1000% APR, over 50 have you planned your funeral or that smary c*nt Martin Clunes asking have you made a power of attorney yet? Just fuck off you c*nts
Jurgen YNWA

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #462 on: March 7, 2018, 11:04:59 am »

I would question the suitability of an employee of Booking.com who says he's in Uganda, but doesn't know where.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #463 on: March 7, 2018, 11:08:16 am »

I quite like it because it reminds me of Magnus Ver Magnusson
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #464 on: March 7, 2018, 11:32:34 am »
Been said before but the TUI ones. Awful, and the singer's voice is terrible. Every aspect so grating.

I can forgive them because i like the lass on there quite a lot

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #465 on: March 7, 2018, 11:42:33 am »
The Volvo one, where you see the beautiful sleek Volvo with absurdly pretentious voice-over by some bird. It's even more shit on the radio because there is only the pretentious bollocks, with no picture of a nice car to look at.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #466 on: March 7, 2018, 11:54:20 am »
The TUI advert with the girl who has the whole hotel and seemingly entire universe revolve around her while her boyfriend lurks in the shadows/off camera like some sort of afterthought. Can't stand that advert.

The Nationwide ones, as many others have said, incredibly annoying. Someone needs to tell the blonde woman the strange egg timer/shaker isn't a musical instrument in the same league as a piano.

Also, the advert for Oral B with the Arnie style dentist, "my gums are sore, but no need to worry, right..?" " WRONG!")

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: March 7, 2018, 11:58:49 am »

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #468 on: March 7, 2018, 12:03:48 pm »
Being off work sick you get to see how fucking depressing daytime adverts are. Every ad break its either some c*nt trying to get you to take a loan from a loan shark at over 1000% APR, over 50 have you planned your funeral or that smary c*nt Martin Clunes asking have you made a power of attorney yet? Just fuck off you c*nts

Think they’re a bit of a chicken and egg situation. I had the misfortune to (briefly) work for one of those companies who advertised heavily on daytime channels. I think advertising cost is obviously a lot cheaper compared to primetime and their ‘target audience ‘ (shudder) were obviously well represented.

Pretty bleak rotation of adverts though as you say. The final insult for me was being made redundant by them, job hunting from home on day one, stuck SSN on and I see my former company advertising their tat on their within seconds.

Conscious I’m sounding very Partridge here. “Needless to say, I had the last laugh”.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #469 on: March 7, 2018, 12:04:59 pm »

I think I once had a brief encounter with a girl like that. Not a beautiful European brunette, someone who’s eyes were like that screenshot.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: March 7, 2018, 12:25:05 pm »
I think I once had a brief encounter with a girl like that. Not a beautiful European brunette, someone who’s eyes were like that screenshot.

When you turned over in bed this morning perhaps?

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #471 on: March 7, 2018, 01:49:48 pm »
How has this absolute steaming pile of shit not been mentioned?!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jZtEXMBbaZg

Nescafé, For the moments that matter. It’s fucking dreadful, up there with one of the worst I’ve ever seen what’s with all this emotional advertising at the moment. Cadbury one is awful as well.
This always plays at the cinema. Hate it.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: March 7, 2018, 07:08:32 pm »
Those nationwide adverts with those two 'sisters' singing really shit songs out of tune. :no
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: March 7, 2018, 07:44:45 pm »

Be careful, the Police are apparently investigating you!

http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/07/nationwide-taking-action-sisters-flo-joan-receive-death-threats-divisive-adverts-7369749/

I have to say, it is the worst advert that doesn't involve James Corden I have seen in years.  They are like Victoria Wood without the jokes

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: March 7, 2018, 08:00:24 pm »
I hate the Trivago adverts but the woman is decent.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #475 on: March 7, 2018, 08:40:16 pm »
I hate the Trivago adverts but the woman is decent.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

That's the way they draw you in. Attractive but not over the top, a little bit girl/woman next door.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: March 7, 2018, 11:35:09 pm »
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but that Nationwide advert.

Anyway, I think Nationwide are trolling everyone now because they have done more adverts with those two ladies doing different songs.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: March 7, 2018, 11:48:36 pm »
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but that Nationwide advert.

:)

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting