Author Topic: Stephen Lawrence Suspects Dobson & Norris GUILTY!  (Read 12899 times)

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Stephen Lawrence Suspects Dobson & Norris GUILTY!
« Reply #80 on: January 3, 2012, 11:23:51 pm »
Thanks for the mentions in here and PMs.

Just finished watching Panorama's programme on it and it was tough viewing. Not going to lie, welled up a few times. The Mrs was in tears throughout.

I never claimed to be his mate, he was three years older than me, and I only knew him from around school. He was a popular lad, especially with the girls. He was studying his A-Level's and was going to make something of himself. Like I said in my OP, we would have constant battles on Streetfighter at the local chippy and banter in and around school. He was a sound lad with so much to give. Such an incredible waste of life.

My admiration for his parents grows and grows.

I hope the parents and families of the 96 can take some strength from today and that they too will see justice very soon.

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: January 4, 2012, 01:03:32 am »
The footage of them swaggering out of that courtroom (Mcpherson enquiry??) still makes me shiver to this day. They thought they were untouchable and it is brilliant to see the justice system catch up with at least a couple of them. 2 down, 3 to go.

Thought Stephen's dad was brilliant on C4 news. He was asked what he felt about the two going down and basically said that with the upbringing and parenting they had they stood no chance. I think that is a point that is worth thinking about - the vast majority of violent criminals are not 'born evil' but are dragged down by their upbringing. It's an easy route to villify Dobson and Norris (and to a certain extent Thompson and Venables) as being monsters but if we allow the lowest rungs of society to fester and rot away morally as we have in the last 30 years, these kinds of incidents are not going to go away.

Offline evenflow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: January 4, 2012, 08:28:13 am »
Some justice.  A long way to go to stamp out racist attacks in our communities.  Stephen Lawrence's parents really are models of integrity and their insistence in pursuing the scum has been admirable.  They have paid a heavy price.
Quote from: rowan_d on Today at 05:49:28 PM
And though Jacob once did ascend unto the Holy Mountain, Christ the Healer declared unto him, 'Mad Men has had a mare in this thread.'

Jacob, 3:16

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #83 on: January 4, 2012, 09:16:13 am »
Overjoyed at this news. Have followed this closely since it all began. Was just reading about their previous criminal activities and convictions and what a horrible bunch of c*nts they are. Evil to the core and not fit to be part of society.

I followed a link on Twitter and read this last night and found it sickening to be honest. They clearly believed that they were untouchable; I hope the police have got similar plans for the other suspects.

It's a step toward justice for Stephen, his family and friends.

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
  • You come at the king, you best not miss
« Reply #84 on: January 4, 2012, 12:15:44 pm »
Gary Dobson sentenced to minimum 15 years 2 months

Norris sentenced to minimum term of 14 years and 3 months
Twitter - https://twitter.com/NickyGarewal

Controversially, if it came down to a choice between selling Suarez and selling Carroll, I’d sell Suarez.

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #85 on: January 4, 2012, 12:19:19 pm »
If they do get let out I hope they're old and have no where or one to turn to.
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #86 on: January 4, 2012, 12:24:59 pm »
I read this morning that Norris appeared in court with a broken nose and several teeth knocked out having been beaten up whilst on remand. Which was nice.

Do those sentences seem on the short side? Is there a chance they could be out in half the time with good behaviour etc?

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: January 4, 2012, 12:26:13 pm »
I read this morning that Norris appeared in court with a broken nose and several teeth knocked out having been beaten up whilst on remand. Which was nice.

Do those sentences seem on the short side? Is there a chance they could be out in half the time with good behaviour etc?

They will do at least a few years longer than that. You don't do half if its a life sentence.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: January 4, 2012, 12:31:13 pm »
Maximum they could get I believe as they commited the offence as minors.

Just speaking to an ex-copper where I work and he said they'll appeal and thinks they'll almost certainly get off. Hope he's wrong.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: January 4, 2012, 12:48:46 pm »
They got life.  The 15 and 14 years are the minimum amount of time they will serve in prison.  They will not necessarily be released on those dates.

Now let's hope they give evidence against the other three.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: January 4, 2012, 12:50:48 pm »

Just speaking to an ex-copper where I work and he said they'll appeal and thinks they'll almost certainly get off. Hope he's wrong.

God, I hope not.

For now, I am pleased Justice has finally been served and it has been an incredibly dignified fight from his parents.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #91 on: January 4, 2012, 12:54:46 pm »

Hope he's wrong too - would be heartbreaking for Stephen's parents if that were to happen.

BBC reporter stated that these were minimum sentences and that they would have to appear before a parole board who will assess the level of risk they still pose to the public after they've served their terms.

Reported that as they were led away one of their parents (Dobsons dad ?) shouted 'shame on you all' with reference to the conviction.

Piece of shit - shame on Dobson & Norris' parents for bringing up such scum who can now rot in jail.

RIP Stephen.

'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #92 on: January 4, 2012, 01:47:02 pm »
Hope they rot in jail, horrible, just horrible that whole story. From what ive seen on tv and read about Stephen Lawrence he seemed like a good lad, not the kind of lad to go looking for trouble etc and his life was taken away by some of the worst kind of scum ive seen. The videos of them playing around with knives and all that made me feel sick to my stomach. They killed the poor lad and what for? What has anyone gained from this whole sickening story? Stephen is dead, his Mother and Father lost a son, these scum bags might of had their 5 minutes of fame if you can even call it that, being able to act like big men and now they've got what they deserved, sort of. Hopefully on the inside they will meet many people eager to say hello to them in that special prison way. You dont go in them places acting like a hard man, your begging to be put in hospital if you do! Also as known racists, I hope they are thrown in a jail full of Yardies or something who'd love to get their hands on them.

Hope the rest of them get what they deserve as well, paticularly the two brothers because id heard a few times what horrible pieces of work they were. Who was the one who spat at that man on his way out of court as well?
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: January 4, 2012, 02:07:05 pm »
Reported that as they were led away one of their parents (Dobsons dad ?) shouted 'shame on you all'
Piece of shit - shame on Dobson & Norris' parents for bringing up such scum who can now rot in jail.

RIP Stephen.

It's highly likely Dobsons Mum will get charged now for the evidence she gave in court.

There is a very good chance she will get a couple of years as well.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: January 4, 2012, 02:17:04 pm »

Superintendent Leroy Logan (Black Police Association) on BBC has said it's a minimum sentence and a minimum sentence before they can put forward a request for parole.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: January 4, 2012, 02:19:20 pm »
Hopefully Dobson's mum will get done for perverting the course of justice.

Criminals brought up by criminals. Rotten to the core.

Hopefully one day we'll hear they've been killed in prison.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #96 on: January 4, 2012, 02:30:46 pm »
Superintendent Leroy Logan (Black Police Association) on BBC has said it's a minimum sentence and a minimum sentence before they can put forward a request for parole.

Thanks Hazell (and others).

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #97 on: January 4, 2012, 08:08:05 pm »
It's highly likely Dobsons Mum will get charged now for the evidence she gave in court.

There is a very good chance she will get a couple of years as well.

Deservedly so.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #98 on: January 4, 2012, 10:52:08 pm »
They are in Belmarsh prison . Due to there let's say unpopularity they will be classed as Vulnerable Prisoners (VP's), that's normally rapists , peado's etc. But they will be VP's within VP's & segregated from them aswell due to being hated by all . Meaning they will be protected even more so & kept away from the prison population for there protection & be on suicide watch , a la Huntley style whilst he's been banged up.

Held in a prison within a prison

Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: January 5, 2012, 07:53:24 am »
They are in Belmarsh prison . Due to there let's say unpopularity they will be classed as Vulnerable Prisoners (VP's), that's normally rapists , peado's etc. But they will be VP's within VP's & segregated from them aswell due to being hated by all . Meaning they will be protected even more so & kept away from the prison population for there protection & be on suicide watch , a la Huntley style whilst he's been banged up.

Held in a prison within a prison

They'll be moved from Belmarsh within days now to a dispersal prison (probably Whitemoor or Long Lartin), the VP's get special treatment in there but nothing like they get in a normal prison as virtually all the VP's are in for horrific crimes and don't think twice about cutting your throat as there generally in for life or huge terms anyway.

I see the police are saying new evidence has emerged regarding the other 3 through the night, hopefully Dobson and Norris have started speaking.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2012, 09:14:39 am by KennyDaggers »

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2013, 02:52:44 pm »
20 years today.

R.I.P.
Justice for the 97

Offline outlaw_nas

• Kopite
« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2016, 04:11:26 pm »
New piece of evidence found. How was it missed and now re found after all these years?

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2016, 05:34:27 pm »
New piece of evidence found. How was it missed and now re found after all these years?

It wasn't lost and found, they had it from the outset but it had been placed away from the scene due to an error in transcribing scene of crime notes.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
Re: Stephen Lawrence Suspects to Stand Trial
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2016, 10:08:40 pm »
I remember watching them come out of the court when they were acquitted.  Total scumbags!!
I remember that - the arrogance with which they left the court and the smug looks on their faces made my blood boil.

Well at least 2 of them have now got what they deserve.  Just lock them up and throw away the key.

RIP Stephen Lawrence.

Offline outlaw_nas

• Kopite
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2016, 07:53:11 am »
I remember that - the arrogance with which they left the court and the smug looks on their faces made my blood boil.
Well at least 2 of them have now got what they deserve.  Just lock them up and throw away the key.

RIP Stephen Lawrence.

Sickening..hopefully the rest will be jailed

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2016, 08:57:02 am »
Sickening..hopefully the rest will be jailed

I wonder if the Daniel Morgan podcasts second series will touch on this case a bit more.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2018, 05:53:06 pm »
Not sure what to make of this but it seems wrong to make it a national day of commemoration.

Stephen Lawrence Day to be held annually

A national day of commemoration for murdered teenager Stephen Lawrence will take place on 22 April every year, the prime minister has said.

It came as the family of the black teenager attended the 25th anniversary memorial of his death in London.

The 18-year-old was stabbed to death in a racially motivated attack in Eltham, south London, in 1993.

Royal couple Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attended the service at St-Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square.

Prime Minister Theresa May said that Stephen's mother Doreen - now a peer in the Lords - and his father Neville "have fought heroically to ensure that their son's life and death will never be forgotten".

Mr Lawrence was set upon by a gang, stabbed and left to die in Eltham on the evening of 22 April 1993.

Two of the group of up to six men who attacked the teenager and friend Duwayne Brooks have been convicted of murder, but the rest have evaded justice.

David Norris and Gary Dobson are both serving life sentences.

The Macpherson Report into the investigation into Stephen Lawrence's death found that there had been "institutional racism" in the police.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida Dick and Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn also attended the memorial.

Mrs May said: "It is right that Stephen's name and legacy lives on."

Baroness Lawrence said she looked forward to delivering the first Stephen Lawrence Day in 2019 alongside the government, adding: "I feel honoured she has recognised the changes that have been made in Stephen's name and the changes that are still needed."

She thanked those who had helped her throughout the years and said that after 25 years "it is time to draw a line".

The government will work alongside the Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust - set up to transform the lives of young people and campaign for social change - to deliver an annual commemoration to the death of Stephen Lawrence, which was considered a watershed moment in race relations in the UK.

Prince Harry said: "It hardly seems possible that 25 years have passed since Stephen Lawrence was so cruelly taken from his family.

"I remember vividly the profound shock that I felt at his senseless murder, a feeling shared by so many people across this country and beyond.

"I remember, too, just how deeply moved I was by the determination of Stephen's family to build something positive from the tragedy they endured and to ensure that Stephen's story did not end with despair, but continued with hope."
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2018, 06:06:55 pm »
Not sure what to make of this but it seems wrong to make it a national day of commemoration.

Heard that on the radio before, not sure myself either. Horrible thing that happened to him and his family and the MET were a disgrace, but without meaning to sound harsh, his death is no different to all those other young people murdered in London before and since.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2018, 06:32:17 pm »

Being cynical I wonder when this was decided by the government- is it linked to the current furore over the treatment of Windrush migrants.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2018, 06:32:57 pm »
It's just strange and frivolous. Nothing to get me outraged over, but every 22nd of April is now "Stephen Lawrence Day"?... um, alright then. 22 April, 2078 will be Stephen Lawrence day. Yes he was killed and it was tragic and there was a cover-up and great injustice... but it's still just a weird thing to have. There are many tragedies with these attributes. "National Hillsborough Day" for instance would also just be a bizarre token thing
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2018, 06:34:12 pm »
Being cynical I wonder when this was decided by the government- is it linked to the current furore over the treatment of Windrush migrants.

Of course it is.

A cynical move to give the impression that the government aren't racist.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2018, 07:14:05 pm »
What a ridiculous decision. Again an example of a racist government trying to prove it isnt racist.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2018, 08:05:32 pm »
Heard that on the radio before, not sure myself either. Horrible thing that happened to him and his family and the MET were a disgrace, but without meaning to sound harsh, his death is no different to all those other young people murdered in London before and since.

Not sure about this either but his mirder was different as it was undoubtedly a race hate crime and also stands out with how the case was dealt with by the Met.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2018, 09:18:52 pm »
Not sure about this either but his mirder was different as it was undoubtedly a race hate crime and also stands out with how the case was dealt with by the Met.

I do wonder how many more race hate murders never got the publicity this one did, because I doubt it was the first? There are also allegations of police corruption that are still ongoing in regards to the family of Norris and a detective involved in the investigation.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Trim0582

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2018, 07:34:03 am »
PC Blakelock and Lee Rigby died in awful circumstances, most murders involve vile and extremely violent deaths. I am not sure one should be weighed in our public consciousness more than others. That just seems distasteful, especially for other families ripped apart by murder.