Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2555134 times)

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The small things in life that really annoy you
« Reply #12280 on: August 13, 2017, 02:15:08 pm »
Losing my debit card, cancelling it (taking a total of 35 mins over two calls to do so), not receiving my new card in the post, and having to cancel that card and wait for another new one. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #12281 on: August 13, 2017, 07:13:50 pm »
When applyng for a job. "Upload your CV" ok no problem there you go. Next page "enter your employment history"

FUUCCKKK OFFF

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarįs Solo.
« Reply #12282 on: August 13, 2017, 09:17:15 pm »
Indicators in new cars. What happened to a simple up/down for right and left and for them to click off at the right times? Now it's small push down for 3 clicks, hard push down for it to stay on and seemingly never want to turn off after turning so you end up putting it on the opposite direction.

Mine are like this, I just can't get used to them. End up flicking it from one direction to the other about 4 times before the fucking thing decides to switch off!

Daylight running headlamps..........whats the point?

Also, the motorists who seem to think that having them means they never have to put any other lights on in dark/shit weather. Fucking morons.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #12283 on: August 14, 2017, 08:19:50 am »
Indicators in new cars. What happened to a simple up/down for right and left and for them to click off at the right times? Now it's small push down for 3 clicks, hard push down for it to stay on and seemingly never want to turn off after turning so you end up putting it on the opposite direction.

The soft flick is usually to indicate lane change or short turn. The indicator usually blinks 3-4 times. The hard flick is usually for the long turn or while waiting in the signal. It is done seperately, because motorists, sometimes, forget that the indicator is turned on. This may confuse other road users and nay potentially lead to accidents, sometimes fatal.

Daylight running headlamps..........whats the point?

This is a safety feature implemented in the scandinavian nations to make the car visible on the road in case of a sudden dense fog. I accept that it doesnt make sense in certain countries. But nevertheless, a very well thought out safety feature that, in my experience, improves visibility of a moving car from a pedestrian's perspective in the advent of a sudden dense fog.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daytime_running_lamp

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12284 on: August 14, 2017, 09:22:35 am »
Stinking bastards on the plane.
You are a fucking grown man who can't sort his personal fucking hygiene. Disgusting.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #12285 on: August 14, 2017, 09:26:18 am »
You are a fucking grown man who can't sort his personal fucking hygiene. Disgusting.

Dirty looking fuckers as well. Comb yer hair, tuck your shirt in, have a shave now and again and definitely trim that nasal hair.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #12286 on: August 14, 2017, 09:31:53 am »
buses can be like that too

fella got on in front of me one day. i had to move and get off a few stops early as i was very close to throwing up
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12287 on: August 14, 2017, 10:03:30 am »
people who accuse you of being late and holding people up then proceed to stand chatting to someone for about 15 minutes

people who know you are asleep and proceed to wake you up by making more noise than a building site

being tired then going to bed and not being able to sleep

people who give you a list of orders as soon as you sit down on the couch

when you are with someone for the entire day then as soon as you say you have to go somewhere else or as soon as you want to go to bed. "oh could you do this first"

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #12288 on: August 14, 2017, 10:40:42 am »
people who accuse you of being late and holding people up then proceed to stand chatting to someone for about 15 minutes

people who know you are asleep and proceed to wake you up by making more noise than a building site

being tired then going to bed and not being able to sleep

people who give you a list of orders as soon as you sit down on the couch

when you are with someone for the entire day then as soon as you say you have to go somewhere else or as soon as you want to go to bed. "oh could you do this first"

you could have just shortened that post to 'my wife'  ;D
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12289 on: August 14, 2017, 10:50:13 am »

lol

most applies

others involved too

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12290 on: August 14, 2017, 11:23:44 am »

:lmao

First thing I thought.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12291 on: August 14, 2017, 11:24:08 am »
Having league tables after one game, but also having the relegation and promotion lines in as well, so that we can see that Palace are getting relegated and Huddersfield are playing Champions League next year.....

(mind you, good to see we're 9th after such a dodgy start ;) )

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #12292 on: August 14, 2017, 11:57:38 am »
Learner drivers allowed on motorways from next year. As if it wasn't congested enough  ::)

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12293 on: August 14, 2017, 12:22:21 pm »
This fucking thing

Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12294 on: August 14, 2017, 01:32:38 pm »
Learner drivers allowed on motorways from next year. As if it wasn't congested enough  ::)

First they need to introduce a minimum hours of tuition befoer you can take a test rule, no c*nt can drive after 4 lessons.

The motorway thing needs doing and they need teaching the middle lane is not where you spend your entire journey.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #12295 on: August 14, 2017, 04:30:09 pm »
Unreliable tradesmen, I know they are often busy, but I 'recommended' a builder to my dad who is in his 80s and lives alone (my mum passed away a couple of years ago).
My dad is fine to drive, manage his affairs etc but firstly gets lots of callers, by phone or people knocking on the door trying to take advantage and get business. you know the type double glazing people
who ring up etc

So as we had an extension built last year on our house the guy who did the building part was pretty good, so my dad wanted his pathway re-doing, I contacted the builder and he went round, spoke to my Dad etc who was keen to go ahead.
Have rung and texted him 6 times and it's now 2 months since we have heard from him - so my poor old Dad has got someone else now.

Surely he deserves at least a phone call? I am pretty sure he is just busy and trying to do a few jobs at the same time, but it's hard to explain that to my dad.

Same with our window cleaner, who is (or was) brilliant, even brought his own water in his van!
Comes round every month, we went on holiday early May and haven't seen him now for 3 months, have rung and texted but got no replies.
I know something bad could possibly have happened but just would like to know where we stand and assume if we choose to get someone else, or a ladder and do them myself!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 04:35:17 pm by Frank Becton »
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12296 on: August 14, 2017, 08:34:19 pm »
Its our tenth anniversary next month, so secretly looking for a diamond pendant for the missus while doing my online Spanish on Duolingo, Next thing bloody adverts for the sites I'm looking at diamonds on start popping up on Duolingo. Luckily she didn't see them
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #12297 on: August 14, 2017, 08:52:05 pm »
Ebay sellers who just straight up decline your offer. At least send me a counter-offer so I know what you're wanting for it, you pleb.

Offline Rafas3leggedtable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12298 on: August 14, 2017, 09:00:29 pm »
People that start sentences with 'So'

When i turn up for work by mistake on a day off.

Heartburn

15 year old scumbag druggie thiefs.
The people of Liverpool are workers. This is not a rich town where everyone lives a comfortable life. They work hard for themselves, and this is what we at Liverpool like to do. This is the attitude we must all have.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12299 on: August 14, 2017, 09:17:00 pm »
The missus farted before and it fucking stinks.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12300 on: August 14, 2017, 09:39:03 pm »
Aer Lingus trying to force you to pay for seat selection because you are checking in over 30 hours in advance of your flight. Get to fuck you scummy c*nts.

And while I'm at it, all you gobshites that do pay for the seat selection are part of the problem. Don't fucking pay it and they will do away with it.  :no
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #12301 on: August 14, 2017, 10:19:26 pm »
People that start sentences with 'So'

When i turn up for work by mistake on a day off.

Heartburn

15 year old scumbag druggie thiefs.

I mentioned the "so" word a few months ago and ended having my user name changed to So H... P.....

Be careful what you mention, you could end up with a subtly altered user name.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #12302 on: August 14, 2017, 10:39:09 pm »
Is it just me or do more and more drivers seem to be forgetting that you're meant to fucking indicate when using a roundabout?
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12303 on: August 14, 2017, 11:08:31 pm »
Aer Lingus trying to force you to pay for seat selection because you are checking in over 30 hours in advance of your flight. Get to fuck you scummy c*nts.

And while I'm at it, all you gobshites that do pay for the seat selection are part of the problem. Don't fucking pay it and they will do away with it.  :no

I've no choice mate, it's better for us if we keep the kids together, than be split about on the plane, Virgin had my sister in law and get kids split all over the place on an Orlando flight.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12304 on: August 14, 2017, 11:49:34 pm »
I've no choice mate, it's better for us if we keep the kids together, than be split about on the plane, Virgin had my sister in law and get kids split all over the place on an Orlando flight.

They're absolute bastards. Before there was a charge, there was never this issue of getting split up from your group. Maybe 2 here and 2 there etc, but you were always with someone from your group. It's now because they have introduced this stupid c*nt system of selecting your own seat, that there are singles dotted around. c*nts

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #12305 on: August 15, 2017, 07:15:12 am »

Emirates did this to me for an International flight that costed 750 Euros round trip.
30 euros per flight. With a changeover in Dubai, I pay 120 euros just to select where I want to park my ass.
Needless to say, I didn't pay. Nor will I pay. They can get to fuck for all I care.
But honestly though, the mentality of people on this has been anything short of appalling. My boss, for example, doesn't really mind paying a little because its "worth it". Next thing we know, they are going to charge 50 Euros for the fucking seatbelt and 100 Euros to access the fucking TV. And I'm sure there will be people who will be ok with it.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #12306 on: August 15, 2017, 07:39:07 am »
Thomas cook already charged us a fiver to access the tv, no £? That will be $15 for two then. What exchange rate is that. Money grabbing bastards, and the bog was downstairs on the plane, whatsthatallabout????

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12307 on: August 15, 2017, 08:03:00 am »
Emirates did this to me for an International flight that costed 750 Euros round trip.
30 euros per flight. With a changeover in Dubai, I pay 120 euros just to select where I want to park my ass.
Needless to say, I didn't pay. Nor will I pay. They can get to fuck for all I care.
But honestly though, the mentality of people on this has been anything short of appalling. My boss, for example, doesn't really mind paying a little because its "worth it". Next thing we know, they are going to charge 50 Euros for the fucking seatbelt and 100 Euros to access the fucking TV. And I'm sure there will be people who will be ok with it.

Virgin did us for £30 a seat. I wasn't going to pay until I read Virgins child next to adult policy. They class sat next to as the seat next to you, in the row in front, row behind or across the aisle. With a 6 and 8 yr old and a 9 hr flight, we didn't want to be split up - the youngest would have got really upset too if he was sat with people he didn't know and the night flight would have been a mare.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #12308 on: August 15, 2017, 08:21:15 am »
Virgin did us for £30 a seat. I wasn't going to pay until I read Virgins child next to adult policy. They class sat next to as the seat next to you, in the row in front, row behind or across the aisle. With a 6 and 8 yr old and a 9 hr flight, we didn't want to be split up - the youngest would have got really upset too if he was sat with people he didn't know and the night flight would have been a mare.
Seen plenty of people shuffle seats before the flight takes off, usually with the help of the flight attendant, free of charge.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #12309 on: August 15, 2017, 09:11:38 am »
Is it just me or do more and more drivers seem to be forgetting that you're meant to fucking indicate when using a roundabout?

Signalling and/or showing other drivers some courtesy seems to be a thing of the past almost. It's as if it's suddenly become old fashioned to do so or something.

It's just sheer laziness and incompetence.

I see so many driving with one hand on the wheel and on with one hand on their mobiles anyway, it's fucking appalling.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12310 on: August 15, 2017, 09:20:07 am »
Seen plenty of people shuffle seats before the flight takes off, usually with the help of the flight attendant, free of charge.

Yeah I've done that before - it happened on our flight, but there was a struggle to sort people out. We wanted 4 together, so that would have been a lot of messing about.

The £2100 compo for the 24hr delay coming home covered the seats in the end anyway ;D

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12311 on: August 15, 2017, 11:36:20 am »
Is this seriously a thing??
Sorry just going through my Tapatalk notifications and just seen this.

Yeah not giving up your seat for old people as they voted leave, was a twitter trend i saw weeks after the referendum, that people claimed to have put into action on public transport.

Whether it lasted i'm not sure.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12312 on: August 15, 2017, 11:44:16 am »
Yeah not giving up your seat for old people as they voted leave, was a twitter trend i saw weeks after the referendum, that people claimed to have put into action on public transport.

Whether it lasted i'm not sure.

Out of order that, my 93 year old grandparents both voted Remain.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12313 on: August 15, 2017, 11:52:57 am »
Out of order that, my 93 year old grandparents both voted Remain.
Exactly, because even if you did went out and did it, how from a walk onto a bus or an interaction with a conductor, how can a commuter deduce 'Ahh this oldie definitely voted leave'

My grandad himself voted remain, but if i saw him walking onto a bus, i wouldn't be able to make an assessment via his mannerisms or whatever these peoople use.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12314 on: August 15, 2017, 12:07:21 pm »
c*nts wearing Christmas jumpers in August

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12315 on: August 15, 2017, 12:47:03 pm »

Should be punishable by public flogging :no

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12316 on: August 15, 2017, 12:50:03 pm »

* Bumps Hodgson Christmas Carol thread*

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12317 on: August 15, 2017, 12:52:01 pm »

They're the same kind who post things like "x "sleeps"/Fridays/weeks until Christmas", I bet.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12318 on: August 15, 2017, 02:52:54 pm »
They're the same kind who post things like "x "sleeps"/Fridays/weeks until Christmas", I bet.

Forget the time of year or even what they are counting down...

ANY person in an adult conversation that uses 'sleeps' as a description for a segment of time needs shagging with the rough end of a rag-mans trumpet :no

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12319 on: August 15, 2017, 03:11:18 pm »
Forget the time of year or even what they are counting down...

ANY person in an adult conversation that uses 'sleeps' as a description for a segment of time needs shagging with the rough end of a rag-mans trumpet :no
I've thankfully seen less usage of it lately.