Author Topic: Anybody Dairy Free?  (Read 3900 times)

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Anybody Dairy Free?
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2017, 09:21:00 am »
Fuck it. Let's only make cars in black, cook everyone's steak medium, wear dark blue Jeans from ASDA, only give handshakes at Christmas, go on holiday to the same dive in Weston Super Mare for 1 week a year, regress to a 1-party system of Government, get the radio stations to only ever play Elvis and get the broadcasters to put Corrie on loop on every telly channel.
Feel free to call it an Americano and pay twice the price for it.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2017, 01:01:44 pm »
Fuck it. Let's only make cars in black(Model T Ford), cook everyone's steak medium, wear dark blue Jeans from ASDA,* only give handshakes at Christmas, go on holiday to the same dive in Weston Super Mare for 1 week a year, regress to a 1-party system of Government, get the radio stations to only ever play Elvis Cliff Richard and get the broadcasters to put Corrie on loop on every telly channel.

*Very 1950's America

Hmmmmm. ** sips his black coffee **
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2017, 07:48:22 pm »
More or less.

I love my cheese though and the vegan stuff is shit.

Try oat milk , hemp milk ( weird taste ) and hazlenut milk .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2017, 07:51:32 pm »
Coffee is much nicer black anyway. Also without sugar.

C'est vrai mon ami.

Honey or agave is lovely in a cafe allonge.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2017, 12:02:30 am »
Not being great with dairy, ive tried them all for my coffee, coconut, oat, almond etc the best out the lot is rice milk for me. Still not as satisfying about regular cows though.. i think its the thickness of it.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2017, 01:06:05 pm »
Coming to the UK soon.

David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2017, 03:49:14 pm »
The calorie thing snuck up on the missus, so much so that she was getting "hangry." She has since adjusted her meals so include a bit more veggies, protein, and some starch (brown rice and sweet potato) to make up for the lack of calories from cheeses and other dairy.

She made the switch to all black coffee a year or so back, that was the hardest part for her it seems.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You will look down and the tea will be gone.
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2017, 08:32:38 am »
Feeling like we might have a winner in Cashew Milk by the way.

Was just reading this thread and about to post this. Shame it is £1.80 in most places. It's also one of the ones that congeals a little less in your coffee. Oatly and Alpro soya don't congeal too badly in coffee either. Sometimes it just seems to be luck of the draw though. Cashew is definitely the best in tea.

We buy Cashew for home for tea/coffee then we buy a cheap unsweetened soy for cooking with.

Don't both with any of the expensive 'cheeses', they're all rubbish. The Tesco spread and blocks are probably the best for general taste and cooking.

I'd recommend the egg replacement powder in Tesco (again) if you want to bake. Pricey at £3, but lasts a while and won't go off, as opposed to trying to make your own binding mixture from flax seeds or something.
All around you walls are tumbling down. Stop staring at the ground.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2017, 09:38:16 am »
Was just reading this thread and about to post this. Shame it is £1.80 in most places. It's also one of the ones that congeals a little less in your coffee. Oatly and Alpro soya don't congeal too badly in coffee either. Sometimes it just seems to be luck of the draw though. Cashew is definitely the best in tea.

We buy Cashew for home for tea/coffee then we buy a cheap unsweetened soy for cooking with.

Don't both with any of the expensive 'cheeses', they're all rubbish. The Tesco spread and blocks are probably the best for general taste and cooking.

I'd recommend the egg replacement powder in Tesco (again) if you want to bake. Pricey at £3, but lasts a while and won't go off, as opposed to trying to make your own binding mixture from flax seeds or something.

Considering a lot of cultures drink tea and coffee black why do people insist on adding something like 'nut juice'?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2017, 09:59:49 am »
After years of disgust at my nan for drinking the red bottle watery milk i now have to have it :D any other types or cream and i will be in pain for the rest of the day. Tried all the alternatives and don't mind them to be honest i usually rotate them depending on which is on offer than week and I've had far less soya milk despite liking it the most as an alternative.