Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
31 is old in every sport...a few outliers won't change that. He'll get better, obviously but he probably wont ever get near to what he was at his peak, unplayable on every surface, best.

Maybe he'll end up doing a Federer and skipping the clay season to improve his chances elsewhere.

The average age of the top 10 in tennis has steadily risen for a long time now.

A big part of that is that the Nadal/Murray/Djokovic generation had 3 ridiculous talents + Stan, and there's Fed from a slightly different generation still hanging on (by hanging on I mean winning every second slam he enters!).

I don't think Djokovic 2011 or 2015 levels will be seen for a long time from any player. Federer or Nadal in their heyday weren't that impenetrable. Djokovic had more points than the world number 2 and 3 combined at one point ha!

Nadal came back from 2 shocking years to produce incredibly consistent tennis last year - 3 finals, 2 slam wins, plenty of other titles and a return to number 1. I see no reason why Djokovic can't do that. Maybe not this year, but why not next?

Federer still has a slam in him, but he's not looking as good as he did last year. That fact that he plays pro tennis at 37 let alone being number 1 a few weeks ago is absolutely mental, but he's on his last legs. Rafa looks strong, but he breaks down a lot. Even if he nails the clay, Australia, USO and then Wimbledon (where Djokovic has won thrice) are all there for the taking next year.

He's got the beating of Murray more often than not, and to be honest the younger generation is fucking useless. Chung and Shapavalov aside-but I don't think either will dominate for a while. Zverev, Kyrgios etc are more interested in being cocky than actually doing things the right way.

Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Last post by BabuYagu on Today at 01:08:35 AM »
Just read a report by Paul Joyce according to him Liverpool are "hopeful" that he will be back in time for pre-season training.
That would be fucking wonderful news. Everything crossed.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Last post by jillc on Today at 01:06:43 AM »
Just read a report by Paul Joyce according to him Liverpool are "hopeful" that he will be back in time for pre-season training.
General Football and Sport / Re: Spurs
« Last post by deFacto on Today at 01:06:22 AM »
What a soft tart
European Away forum / Re: Roma Away - Wednesday 2nd May 7.45pm
« Last post by RedTriumph on Today at 01:04:05 AM »
... don't get so pissed up that you can't keep your wits about you.

This.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Robertson
« Last post by didi shamone on Today at 01:02:17 AM »
The one before that we brought in Matip, Mane and Wijnaldum.

The one before that one as well (and before Klopp) we brought in Firmino, Clyne, Milner and Benteke. I know Benteke didnt work out but the rest have been great.

Since Klopp came in the only signing that hasn't strengthened the squad or first team is Grujic and there's still time for him. Its a ridiculous strike rate.
European Away forum / Re: Roma Away - Wednesday 2nd May 7.45pm
« Last post by RedTriumph on Today at 01:02:04 AM »
Anyone know if the club are putting on buses?
I hope there is extensive dialogue going on between LFC and the Roman authorities. It would even be nice to see a few English bizzies joining the Italian police, or is that too much to ask? I've got this image of 5,000 Reds tightly huddled together in large groups like fucking penguins on icebergs trying to avoid sharks. I'd like to actually enjoy the trip...  or is that a naive concept?
Apparently 'Robertson was an obvious signing to any of the top 6, but Liverpool needed a LB the most so went for him'.

Apparently Monreal, Ashley Young etc are better than Robertson. But yeah it wasn't good business buying (on form this year) the best LB in the league for under 10 million in a market where a top draw fullback costs 40-50 million.

I'm beginning to understand why Trump won the election. Dumb people will delude themselves into anything.
General Football and Sport / Re: Boxing thread
« Last post by JLStretton on Today at 12:56:09 AM »

They wont fight because neither of them are brave enough, lets be honest.

Sorry, but not brave enough?   Both fighters have been in the ring with better fighters than each other so don't understand why you say they are not brave, unless you mean something different and I have the wrong end of the stick.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10