Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1924039 times)

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Newcastle United thread - now with added Benitez
« Reply #13560 on: June 5, 2019, 04:41:55 pm »
I'm confused. I thought MONOchrome meant one colour, therefore not Black AND White.

Black isn't a colour

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13561 on: June 5, 2019, 06:05:41 pm »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13562 on: June 7, 2019, 11:10:25 pm »
Annnnnd now that it looks like Newcastle might have some money, the Mourhino rumours begin.

(Saw a youtube link for that Geordie guy but didn't click on it, so no idea of source.  It's probably just your typical bullshit.)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13563 on: June 7, 2019, 11:54:20 pm »
I'm confused. I thought MONOchrome meant one colour, therefore not Black AND White.

By its derivation from the Greek, you would be technically correct, but in English usage as a noun it can mean black and white, or a picture derived from varying tones of one colour. As an adjective, this would be its main usage, i.e. monochrome photography.

Of course a pedant might wish to argue the toss about the colour black (which is the absence of colour, therefore not a colour?) and white (which is all colours, therefore not a singular colour?) but I am clearly not such a pedant, merely someone overly concerned with excessive detail and or displaying academic learning to an irritating degree. ;)
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Phatz

• Clean and serene... Yeah right...RAWK's Resident Pet Shop Boy?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Not being funny right, but...
« Reply #13564 on: June 8, 2019, 07:29:29 am »
By its derivation from the Greek, you would be technically correct, but in English usage as a noun it can mean black and white, or a picture derived from varying tones of one colour. As an adjective, this would be its main usage, i.e. monochrome photography.

Of course a pedant might wish to argue the toss about the colour black (which is the absence of colour, therefore not a colour?) and white (which is all colours, therefore not a singular colour?) but I am clearly not such a pedant, merely someone overly concerned with excessive detail and or displaying academic learning to an irritating degree. ;)

'Nowt wrong with knowing stuff and facts. Learnings are FUN-demental!
'Nuff said...

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #13565 on: June 8, 2019, 01:49:31 pm »
'Nowt wrong with knowing stuff and facts. Learnings are FUN-demental!

"I have the biggest facts..."
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #13566 on: June 8, 2019, 02:53:30 pm »
Are they rich yet? And is it Everton Rich??
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13567 on: June 11, 2019, 08:59:19 am »
'Celebrating' their 50th year since they last won a trophy, today. The Fairs Cup.

I never did, and never will, understand why they are often referred to as a 'sleeping giant'.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13568 on: June 11, 2019, 09:01:04 am »
'Celebrating' their 50th year since they last won a trophy, today. The Fairs Cup.

I never did, and never will, understand why they are often referred to as a 'sleeping giant'.

The ingredients are there to put a club together that could be a competitive outfit.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13569 on: June 11, 2019, 09:01:42 am »
The ingredients are there to put a club together that could be a competitive outfit.

Still. Doesn't make me understand the sleeping giant tag.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #13570 on: June 11, 2019, 10:38:32 am »
Do these Mourinho to Newcastle / Rafa to Cheslea rumours have any substance at all?

And if so, is that through Rafa's choice not to renew? I can't imagine that being a good way to ingratiate yourself to Newcastle fans by showing Benitez the door.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13571 on: June 11, 2019, 12:51:46 pm »
Rafa back to Chelsea? Where the supporters treated Rafa like garbage? Never in a million years.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Online Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13572 on: June 11, 2019, 01:40:07 pm »
Rafa back to Chelsea? Where the supporters treated Rafa like garbage? Never in a million years.

It was bad enough for him last time, but now the name Frank Lampard is being bandied around.  You can imagine the fewm if Rafa gets it ahead of him.

I would assume Rafa’s representatives are just using the spectre of Chelsea as a negotiating tactic.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13573 on: June 11, 2019, 01:47:35 pm »

Sincerely hope he doesn't go there because it seems really obvious how it would play out. Chelsea fans basically hate everyone who isn't either a club legend or Mourinho, and will just about tolerate anyone else whilst they club is top of the premier league, which they are in no position to win right now.  However, I heard Rafa giving an interview on five live about a month ago and he was saying that the animosity between him and Chelsea fans is overblown and most of them are very grateful for what he did there. Don't do it Rafa! Montse was right about them, scruffy plastic club!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #13574 on: June 11, 2019, 02:29:00 pm »
It was bad enough for him last time, but now the name Frank Lampard is being bandied around.  You can imagine the fewm if Rafa gets it ahead of him.

I would assume Rafa’s representatives are just using the spectre of Chelsea as a negotiating tactic.
do you remember they used to cheer Roberto di Matteo in the 16th minute?

madness

given their transfer ban why would he go there? never mind the fact they hated him
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #13575 on: June 11, 2019, 03:13:12 pm »
given their transfer ban why would he go there? never mind the fact they hated him

Same reason that he went there last time, to demonstrate that he can still manage at the top end of the table. People have short memories, if he's not too careful he'll be scrapping after useless jobs such as Celtic. Thus, I can understand why he might accept returning to Chelsea on the proviso Newcastle are unwilling to renew his contract and he's averse to going abroad. 

I seriously doubt there's anything to the rumours, mind.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13576 on: June 11, 2019, 03:16:46 pm »
No chance he goes back there imo.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #13577 on: June 11, 2019, 03:24:54 pm »
No chance he goes back there imo.

I don't think there's a chance either. Lampard is nailed on for that job.
'Sold a couple once.'

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13578 on: June 11, 2019, 03:27:24 pm »
Same reason that he went there last time, to demonstrate that he can still manage at the top end of the table. People have short memories, if he's not too careful he'll be scrapping after useless jobs such as Celtic. Thus, I can understand why he might accept returning to Chelsea on the proviso Newcastle are unwilling to renew his contract and he's averse to going abroad. 

I seriously doubt there's anything to the rumours, mind.

Would Celtic be such a bad idea? If there's anything Rafa could help them with it's European football.

He'd be better off going to Tranmere than Chelsea!

Popcorn's Art

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #13579 on: June 11, 2019, 03:39:06 pm »
Would Celtic be such a bad idea? If there's anything Rafa could help them with it's European football.

He'd be better off going to Tranmere than Chelsea!

Rafa's not going to work miracles with Celtic's budget. People forget that Rafa wasn't able to consistently compete in Europe with Napoli because other teams were stronger, so he'd be on a hiding to nothing (just like Brendan) if he manages Celtic. It's all hypothetical, but it would be a demoralizing admission that he doesn't see himself as good enough to compete at the highest level if he agrees to manage in the graveyard that is Scottish football.

He is still in my view arguably among the top 4 managers in England, and it's a pity that he has been operating with both arms tied behind his back for the past three years. 
'Sold a couple once.'

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #13580 on: June 11, 2019, 10:46:33 pm »

I just read this tonight in one of the daily papers.

I think the only way they could be referred to as a ''sleeping giant'' is down to their potential. A one club city with passionate support. Probably the biggest club in that part of the country, so not overshadowed regionally like a club like Everton, for instance. To be honest, I find it absolutely staggering that a club like them  can go 50 years without winning so much as a League Cup. I suppose it highlights the almost criminal mismanagement / ownership up there for so many decades.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #13581 on: June 13, 2019, 07:11:30 am »

A know a few decent Chelsea fans (yes they do exist!) my older brother in one of them. He reckons the hostility for Rafa came after his remarks about their fans 'lack of passion'  and their reliance on plastic flags in 2012.

Not surprised they where pissed off to be honest.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13582 on: June 13, 2019, 07:36:31 am »
A know a few decent Chelsea fans (yes they do exist!) my older brother in one of them. He reckons the hostility for Rafa came after his remarks about their fans 'lack of passion'  and their reliance on plastic flags in 2012.

Not surprised they where pissed off to be honest.
Why should they be pissed off when he was telling the truth?
He could've said, 'Fuck me, it's not Anfield is it?'
And to be really honest it was the A4 'banners' that really did the trick.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #13583 on: June 13, 2019, 10:25:51 am »
Why should they be pissed off when he was telling the truth?
He could've said, 'Fuck me, it's not Anfield is it?'
And to be really honest it was the A4 'banners' that really did the trick.

Of course Rafa was right, I'm not denying that, but for him to go to Chelsea and expect to welcomed with open arms after such comments was a bit too much to ask for some fans.

I'd feel the same way if somebody had a go at our fans, then subsequently became our manager.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13584 on: June 13, 2019, 10:29:02 am »
They would have hated him any way because he managed us and got the better of their beloved bellend Mourinho in 3 massive semi finals. Don't defend the horrible c*nts. He was treated appallingly by much of their support.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13585 on: June 13, 2019, 10:31:58 am »
They would have hated him any way because he managed us and got the better of their beloved bellend Mourinho in 3 massive semi finals. Don't defend the horrible c*nts. He was treated appallingly by much of their support.

Yup, it all came down to his Liverpool side getting the better of Chelsea numerous times. His comments just cemented it, but he’d have got the same reaction without them.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13586 on: June 13, 2019, 03:54:09 pm »
I didnt expect an "open arms" welcome to him from them

the remarks about plastic flags didnt help but not the worst thing he could have said and certainly didnt warrant such hatred

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13587 on: June 13, 2019, 04:21:31 pm »
I didnt expect an "open arms" welcome to him from them

the remarks about plastic flags didnt help but not the worst thing he could have said and certainly didnt warrant such hatred

They called Frank Lampard a traitor when he went to City for half a season. They're a fickle lot ::)

Popcorn's Art

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13588 on: June 13, 2019, 06:47:26 pm »
Wasnt the plastic flags comment made up anyway?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #13589 on: June 13, 2019, 06:59:22 pm »
Wasnt the plastic flags comment made up anyway?

Apparently not, mate :)

https://twitter.com/lfcphoto/status/267246916226662402 - 'Rafa Benitez quote, on the walls at Melwood, about Chelsea supplying their fans with 'plastic flags.''
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13590 on: June 13, 2019, 08:28:36 pm »
Apparently not, mate :)

https://twitter.com/lfcphoto/status/267246916226662402 - 'Rafa Benitez quote, on the walls at Melwood, about Chelsea supplying their fans with 'plastic flags.''

Yeah, but he never actually said anything about 'plastic flags' which he is quoted as saying I think.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13591 on: June 14, 2019, 08:35:56 am »
He's known as FSW on Chelsea forums. He'd never carry them with him through any downturns in form. If he went there I'd assume it would be with his eyes open and a pay cheque in mind. Lampard is the only appointment they can make who would satisfy their wish for someone who 'fits' Chelsea - yes, they think they have an identity - but even so they are split because of his lack of experience. These are interesting times for Chelsea. Pass the popcorn.

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #13592 on: June 14, 2019, 08:55:55 am »
Yeah, but he never actually said anything about 'plastic flags' which he is quoted as saying I think.

"I didn't want to keep coming out denying every single comment," Benitez told the Daily Mail, but he holds up his hands to the quote about "plastic flags" which struck a nerve between the first two Champions League games.

"Our fans don't need plastic flags,' he said, in reference to flags laid out on seats at Stamford Bridge for fans to wave during the first leg. It is a remark still cherished by Liverpool supporters. 'I was just trying to encourage our fans, that's all," said Benitez.

I thought it was a brilliant comment, 100 per cent true, but you can't expect Chelsea fans to shrug it off easily when he went there!

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13593 on: June 14, 2019, 08:59:20 am »

I thought it was a brilliant comment, 100 per cent true, but you can't expect Chelsea fans to shrug it off easily when he went there!
nope but the intense hatred was a bit much

though i think it was getting better by the end, i think he even won a few over

i had to laugh at a banner on last day of the season
"rafa we forgive you"

forgive for what? we abuse you for months and yet we want forgiveness. hahaa piss off

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #13594 on: June 14, 2019, 09:06:02 am »
Rafa's not going to work miracles with Celtic's budget. People forget that Rafa wasn't able to consistently compete in Europe with Napoli because other teams were stronger, so he'd be on a hiding to nothing (just like Brendan) if he manages Celtic. It's all hypothetical, but it would be a demoralizing admission that he doesn't see himself as good enough to compete at the highest level if he agrees to manage in the graveyard that is Scottish football.

He is still in my view arguably among the top 4 managers in England, and it's a pity that he has been operating with both arms tied behind his back for the past three years.
If he leaves Newcastle I hope he gets a job at a good side outside of the Premier League. My AC Milan supporting mate thinks he is the most underrated manager in the world and desperately wants him there. Gattuso left as manager last month so the opening is there. Would be a good project for Rafa IMO.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13595 on: June 14, 2019, 09:09:22 am »
If he leaves Newcastle I hope he gets a job at a good side outside of the Premier League. My AC Milan supporting mate thinks he is the most underrated manager in the world and desperately wants him there. Gattuso left as manager last month so the opening is there. Would be a good project for Rafa IMO.
is there money there?

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #13596 on: June 14, 2019, 09:13:00 am »

Absolutely, clubs such as Milan or Roma would be perfect challenges at this stage of his career. However, I understand he wants to be close to his daughters as they grow up, and that's the difficult equilibrium that most people have to strive for in their lives. Everyone has different priorities.

I get the impression that he's managed his last game as Newcastle manager though with his contract running out in a fortnight.
'Sold a couple once.'

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #13597 on: June 14, 2019, 09:16:18 am »
is there money there?
I believe there is; although I am not 100% sure. They missed out on CL qualification by a point last season so at the very least there is a decent base to work with.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13598 on: June 14, 2019, 09:18:17 am »
Absolutely, clubs such as Milan or Roma would be perfect challenges at this stage of his career. However, I understand he wants to be close to his daughters as they grow up, and that's the difficult equilibrium that most people have to strive for in their lives. Everyone has different priorities.

I get the impression that he's managed his last game as Newcastle manager though with his contract running out in a fortnight.
sorry newcastle fans but i would be very very worried if i was in your shoes. Its cutting to close to the bone

I believe there is; although I am not 100% sure. They missed out on CL qualification by a point last season so at the very least there is a decent base to work with.
ta

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #13599 on: June 14, 2019, 11:51:31 am »
have these been officially taken over yet?