Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by jepovic on Today at 08:33:17 am »
I dont think its a huge deal as a single incident.

What worries me is that going forward, Salah will inevitably play less minutes and he will have more competition.

This behaviour suggests that he wont do well with that situation.
« Last post by Caps4444 on Today at 08:32:00 am »
Just a tiff that was played out in public, which it shouldn’t have been.
No, it’s not a good look and Mo shouldn’t have flapped and made a scene and he’s in the wrong.

Playing devil’s advocate, if the issue was not waiting a bit further back to do the handshake etc…..perhaps Jurgen should have just done the fist bump and not said anything knowing Mo was annoyed? I agree Mo to blame, but could have all,been handled better
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Last post by Party Phil on Today at 08:31:35 am »
Good parts from bradders and Jwils. As the excitement of the Klopp era dissipates, I find myself asking when was the last time football actually brought me joy. Even the cup wins in 2022 and 2024, did I enjoy those or did I just feel a lot of anxiety followed by relief? I think the COVID pause might have been the end of football joy for me. The way everyone tried to get the season annulled, the way even friends of mine said with straight faces that our title should have an asterisk over it... perhaps this was the tipping point where it became clear that what some call banter is really just psychological cruelty. I know, strange that this should be the tipping point when we've had 35 years of tragedy/ poverty chanting, but I suppose it was just the sheer lack of acknowledgement of excellence that did it for me. Like, I despised Ferguson with a passion, and might have mitigated some of his accomplishments, but I always respected his undeniable greatness. That has gone from the game, spirited away by brazen cheating, washed away in oceans of cash and political power plays, obfuscated by confected outrage and false equivalence. All that's left is a vehicle for hatred in a disintegrating society. The last bastion of decency is exiting the stage and the audience are shouting good riddance you c*nt.

This strikes a chord with me. The last game I remember really going mad celebrating was the CL win against Tottenham. The league win kind of passed me by, mainly due to COVID, and the CL final in Paris sucked any remaining joy from the game.
« Last post by decosabute on Today at 08:30:53 am »
Hasn't Salah always this side to him? He's been subbed in games in his so called peak with his lip on.

I keep saying it, but they're different situations.

Getting subbed OFF with a cob on is normal and common and understandable. Getting subbed ON with one - especially when your own form has been abysmal and you're supposed to be a leader and example in the team - isn't normal or justifiable behaviour.
« Last post by Felch Aid on Today at 08:26:45 am »
Hasn't Salah always this side to him? He's been subbed in games in his so called peak with his lip on.

« Last post by John C on Today at 08:26:38 am »
Exactly that, stick it in the net and let the ref explain how he’d disallow it but would find it difficult as there was no foul in the previous play.

It would’ve been after the whistle, so that would override everything. You cannot score after the whistle has been blown to halt play. VAR couldn’t even intervene.

I still wish he’d done it because it would’ve drawn more attention to it. Taylor likely would’ve booked him too.
Aww, man. Gakpo, just kick it in the fucking net and then let Taylor explain why he blew up. No goal kick. No foul. No free kick. No encroachment.
Exactly that, stick it in the net and let the ref explain how he’d disallow it but would find it difficult as there was no foul in the previous play.
The official line is:

Taylor saw it as a foul (it wasn’t) and played the advantage. Then, when he saw the keeper needed treatment (he didn’t), he brought an end to the advantage so that the physio could come on. And apparently a dropped ball to the keeper was then the correct thing to do after that.

I mean, it’s clearly a load of shite, but that’s what we have to swallow (the metaphorical shite, that is, not literal shite)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10