Author Topic: FSG (*)  (Read 837615 times)

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
Re: Good article from TAW on FSG
« Reply #400 on: April 11, 2015, 10:44:34 pm »
There's a wind blowing about the culture and soul of LFC and it is about getting young local people in the ground.

If that is at the expense of the over represented visitors to our ground and even ex-pat scousers in the UK or beyond then sorry.

In a limited sized ground getting less accessible by the season for young locals it has to be that way.

Sorry. It's local kids first I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 10:46:36 pm by Graham Smith »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #401 on: April 11, 2015, 10:44:43 pm »
The idea that the ground is more important than the team, please explain.

Put together how long on average an assembled collection of players lasts and then how long a ground lasts.

Got it yet?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #402 on: April 11, 2015, 10:45:37 pm »
Graham, does SOS accept members from outside of Liverpool?

Offline Monkee

• Banner Banner
  • Main Stander
« Reply #403 on: April 11, 2015, 10:45:53 pm »
Seriously pleasant, politically correct discussion going on in here.

Its rubbish that belongs in a different century, grow up.

If it was a different century then the youth of Liverpool would be strolling in and paying on the gate for the boys pen.

If you're suggesting this as a solution I'm with you brother.

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #404 on: April 11, 2015, 10:46:37 pm »
Now imagine we had a big enough ground where you didn't have to go through all that effort? Where you could just decide you wanted to go and get a ticket the day before, or rock up to the ground on the day and get one? Better, no?

Unfortunately I'm old enough to remember the days when it used to be like that and have done exactly that myself. It may be better but it is never gonna happen unless we are relegated, there'll be plenty of seats then

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #405 on: April 11, 2015, 10:47:09 pm »

yes they do

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #406 on: April 11, 2015, 10:47:55 pm »
Put together how long on average an assembled collection of players lasts and then how long a ground lasts.

Got it yet?
Nope, makes no sense what so ever.

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #407 on: April 11, 2015, 10:48:20 pm »
I like the make tickets harder to get idea. And to be clear i think locals should of course have first dibs on seats or at least most. And that the club needs some sort of father/son type scheme. Also, finally, seating and the stadium are local issues and decisions. I just take offense of being told to go support another club simply because im foreign full stop.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #408 on: April 11, 2015, 10:49:33 pm »
Its all a bit UKIP isn't it?
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #409 on: April 11, 2015, 10:50:03 pm »
There's a wind blowing about the culture and soul of LFC and it is about getting young local people in the ground.

If that is at the expense of the over represented visitors to our ground and even ex-pat scousers in the UK or beyond then sorry.

In a limited sized ground getting less accessible by the season for young locals it has to be that way.

Interesting.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline BrianL

• Anny Roader
« Reply #410 on: April 11, 2015, 10:50:17 pm »
Unfortunately I'm old enough to remember the days when it used to be like that and have done exactly that myself. It may be better but it is never gonna happen unless we are relegated, there'll be plenty of seats then
Plenty of seats? So you're saying the tourists will desert us? I thought they went through a lot to support LFC, with their inner steel and everything? But if we're relegated they won't bother any more?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: April 11, 2015, 10:50:47 pm »

SOS accepts members from anywhere, and promotes what is best for the Club, which regularly may prejudice membes from far afield.

So, constant action over the last seven years trying to get local young people into the ground very clearly doesn't push OOT membership.

The point is we are upfront and happily I'm sure the vast majority of international members support this attitude - they constantly renew.

So, going to debate Retro in a proper environment and nail this calumny against you being a patsy - could nail it forever?
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline rushandapush

• Anny Roader
« Reply #412 on: April 11, 2015, 10:53:10 pm »
To many fans. Not enough supporters.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #413 on: April 11, 2015, 10:53:13 pm »
Nope, makes no sense what so ever.

Are you actually hungarian with not much grasp of english or something?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #414 on: April 11, 2015, 10:53:53 pm »
So, going to debate Retro in a proper environment and nail this calumny against you being a patsy - could nail it forever?

Honestly. Look at some of the posts in here.

I've zero, absolutely none, interest in having any sort of connection with that on a wider audience than RAWK.

Offline Monkee

• Banner Banner
  • Main Stander
« Reply #415 on: April 11, 2015, 10:55:01 pm »
I like the make tickets harder to get idea. And to be clear i think locals should of course have first dibs on seats or at least most. And that the club needs some sort of father/son type scheme. Also, finally, seating and the stadium are local issues and decisions. I just take offense of being told to go support another club simply because im foreign full stop.

You're not being told to support someone else because you're foreign.  You're being told to support someone else because you have absolutely no connection to the club other than your wallet.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: April 11, 2015, 10:58:27 pm »
Honestly. Look at some of the posts in here.

I've zero, absolutely none, interest in having any sort of connection with that on a wider audience than RAWK.

Ha ha ha, you're fantastic.

Spouting away, unaccountable.

Or just frightened to engage?

This "RAWK is my patch and the only patch I want" is telling - don't you think?

OK, another invitation - fancy a pint? Can't be anything wrong in that surely? Despite what you might think, I have a very open mind.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #417 on: April 11, 2015, 10:58:30 pm »

Give them credit for wanting to get in the ground. A lot better than the round the corner credit hunters who can't be arsed going the game, pool ST and flog them to foreigners for 2-3 ton then cry wolf because they think they are losing 'their' identity.

There is an issue with our fan base and it is not why they get the tickets, but how, and that how starts with the touts and the people who keep their ST just to flog on. Get that right first, then you can be talking demographics. 
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #418 on: April 11, 2015, 11:00:58 pm »
Are you actually hungarian with not much grasp of english or something?
My English is fine Nige, I just don't grasp how a ground is more important than the team.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #419 on: April 11, 2015, 11:02:06 pm »
Ha ha ha, you're fantastic.

Spouting away, unaccountable.

Or just frightened to engage?

This "RAWK is my patch and the only patch I want" is telling - don't you think?

OK, another invitation - fancy a pint? Can't be anything wrong in that surely? Despite what you might think, I have a very open mind.

Not frightened to engage. Have no desire, what so ever, to take any sort of debate off of RAWK and into the 'real world'.

Offline Monkee

• Banner Banner
  • Main Stander
« Reply #420 on: April 11, 2015, 11:02:27 pm »
How much money do you think the club see when Tarquinius tout feeder pays his £350 for a ticket?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: April 11, 2015, 11:03:14 pm »
Give them credit for wanting to get in the ground. A lot better than the round the corner credit hunters who can't be arsed going the game, pool ST and flog them to foreigners for 2-3 ton then cry wolf because they think they are losing 'their' identity.

There is an issue with our fan base and it is not why they get the tickets, but how, and that how starts with the touts and the people who keep their ST just to flog on. Get that right first, then you can be talking demographics. 

Me and a few others are on to this already - action being taken, research and a challenge to the Club.

Enough is enough.

Do you think FSG will take any action? Action which will generally hit non-locals than locals (other than those locals touting their tickets).
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: April 11, 2015, 11:04:32 pm »
You're not being told to support someone else because you're foreign.  You're being told to support someone else because you have absolutely no connection to the club other than your wallet.

So the only connection you can fathom is geographical?
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #423 on: April 11, 2015, 11:05:29 pm »
My English is fine Nige, I just don't grasp how a ground is more important than the team.

So you're saying a paid group of gobshites who run around a bit twice a week are more important than the club's identity, and a chance for everyone who wants to go and watch said paid gobshites to be able to go if they want to?

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
« Reply #424 on: April 11, 2015, 11:05:32 pm »
Can I ask you where Shanks and Kenny are from if you don't mind?

There adopted by the city don't you know, I'm waiting to receive my adoption certificate from the city so I can finally stop supporting Bangor and support Liverpool instead.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: April 11, 2015, 11:06:15 pm »
Not frightened to engage. Have no desire, what so ever, to take any sort of debate off of RAWK and into the 'real world'.

So, no pint then?
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Monkee

• Banner Banner
  • Main Stander
« Reply #426 on: April 11, 2015, 11:06:25 pm »
So the only connection you can fathom is geographical?

When those from that geographical location can't get in?  Yeah.

Offline AnthonySmith

• Kemlynite
« Reply #427 on: April 11, 2015, 11:08:53 pm »
But without them Liverpool would be languishing in the 2nd divison and you'd be spouting your shite over at a bitter forum.

Nothing like hypothetical unprovable remarks to re-iterate a very weak starting point.

You're not very good at this.

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
« Reply #428 on: April 11, 2015, 11:10:33 pm »
Anyone who supported us through the Hodgson era is a true fan, can I get an amen.

Offline Retro Red

• Listen to this Man.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #429 on: April 11, 2015, 11:10:47 pm »
I know plenty of locals who are mates of mine who can't be arsed going to the games and they can afford it too. This great football club on their doorstep and it's too much hassle to queue at the ticket office, online or on the phone. They then complain they can't get a ticket when Real Madrid come to town. It doesn't matter where you're from, some will make the effort and some won't. Those who do (and can afford it) get the tickets. I don't think some locals understand the sacrifices people from outside make to go to Anfield, and on a regular basis. It's basically similar to the fans who go to the aways all the time, in terms of time, effort and cost.

Should getting a match ticket be so much hassle, for anyone?

The credits, the loyalty, the waiting list, the sweet spot - it's all being used to restrict supply and maintain high prices. There was a time when a stadium was built as an amenity to enable people to see their team. Grounds were expanded as teams' support grew. Now there's an ROI orthodoxy that's being accepted as sacrosanct, a neo-liberal hedge fund driven hegemony that cannot be challenged. Well that era will end sometime, and where will we be with our St James Park of L4?

Liverpool FC could achieve its potential as a "global club with a Liverpool soul" (rather than a "soulless club with a global brand") through developing a ground befitting a team that's won the European Cup more often than all bar three teams (we're still level with one of them). People would maybe also be able to buy a ticket without fucking about with memberships, credits, restricted online sales and the like. Liverpool don't even try to sell tickets, they don't need to. But more convenient, call it "customer focussed" if you like, sales channels would enable people to walk into a ticketing outlet in town, go to the ticket office, order online or via an app and simply go to the match.

Why should it be a ball ache, other than to keep then sweet spot ticking over?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #430 on: April 11, 2015, 11:12:04 pm »
What a steaming pile of shite that's turned into. Grown men behaving like fucking kids. Locked for the night. Fuck off to bed and we'll reopen in the morning.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 11:14:46 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #431 on: April 12, 2015, 12:11:30 am »
Fucking hell. What a car crash of idiocy and immaturity. Time for a clean up. And maybe a clean out. Lids.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: April 12, 2015, 12:25:36 am »
Nothing like hypothetical unprovable remarks to re-iterate a very weak starting point.

You're not very good at this.
Neither are you. An account active for 9 years, only a handful of posts and you chuck in more hand grenades than D-Day? That's not how we do it here. See ya.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: April 12, 2015, 10:56:08 am »
Open again. Play nicely. Or play somewhere else.  :wave

Offline scouse and proud plc.

• Favourite Song: Eye of the tiger - Survivor. Favourite holiday destination - Siberia. Has a weekend drinking problem.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alright Aldo........
« Reply #434 on: April 12, 2015, 11:00:53 am »
The tickets that go to Thomas Cook are, unless I'm missing something, part of the hospitality tickets like the ones that are sold with Reds Bar, Boot Room, Isla Gladstone dining packages. It's a fixed pot of 3,500 tickets allocated a premium prices that goes to build up the overall income for the ground. As I said, if you allocate those 3,500 tickets (7,000 in the redeveloped ground) for sale at general admission prices then the cost for every other seat will go up.

If you want to buy hospitality tickets there are options without accommodation. The George Edward package in the Sandon is just over £100 and I'm sure it's available to locals. You get a seat in the Centenary and some grub.

They're nothing to do with hospitality, it's a match ticket and accommodation package. The club say they can't implement window only sales because it discriminates against OOT supporters, yet operates a policy of selling these 'match breaks' that discriminate against local supporters, giving them a smaller pool of tickets to access than OOTs.

Offline BigRedOne

• Kemlynite
  • Ask mythical being to save an inbred parasite Why?
« Reply #435 on: April 12, 2015, 11:13:26 am »
May I just ask in the most humble way possible, to reflect my post count, and in a warm and comradely #Liverpoolfamily fashion; if any of the main FSG supporters would be willing to take up Peter's and Gaham's  offer of a friendly debate on the future of our club on Anfield FM?

You never know we might find that we agree on quite a lot.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: April 12, 2015, 11:24:34 am »
May I just ask in the most humble way possible, to reflect my post count, and in a warm and comradely #Liverpoolfamily fashion; if any of the main FSG supporters would be willing to take up Peter's and Gaham's  offer of a friendly debate on the future of our club on Anfield FM?

You never know we might find that we agree on quite a lot.

I don't think there are any FSG supporters, we support Liverpool.

However, there are certain issues that a number of our fanbase have taken umbridge to.

Nobody is suggesting that they are the best thing that could have happened, but they are far from the worse.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline the red symphony

• Anny Roader
« Reply #437 on: April 12, 2015, 11:26:13 am »

Glad you are around to make sense of what connections Greg, myself or other 'foreign' supporters may have forged with the club.

Do you do this pro bono or do you charge money for this service? I hope you don't mind me asking, since the wallet is the only connection we have :)

Offline BigRedOne

• Kemlynite
  • Ask mythical being to save an inbred parasite Why?
« Reply #438 on: April 12, 2015, 11:32:32 am »
I don't think there are any FSG supporters, we support Liverpool.

However, there are certain issues that a number of our fanbase have taken umbridge to.

Nobody is suggesting that they are the best thing that could have happened, but they are far from the worse.
I totally agree but they could do better. There are posters on here telling us that there is no alternative to the way FSG are running the club. Many believe this to be untrue but when they're challenged to an open debate they disappear. It just doesn't smell right.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #439 on: April 12, 2015, 11:32:40 am »
As I'm not an FSG supporter (whatever that is) I'm out. I already agree with a lot of the sentiments expressed about the club having a scouse heart, the importance of getting young lads into the ground at lower ticket prices... and so on. I'm not big on transfers (players come and go - some work out and some don't) so I'll pass on that one. We could discuss the definition of whether FSG is or is not a hedge fund (but you already accept they aren't so you could pick that one up)

If someone has done some work on the viability of a 70,000 new-build stadium I might be interested in discussing that but as pretty much everything I have written on the matter over the last five years is available on here and pre-dates FSG (I started the discussion as a reaction to Tom Hicks 70,000+ Stanley Park scheme) I'm not sure what the point would be.

Oh, and if you want someone to debate with you it's usually a good idea not to walk into their living room, shit on their carpet and call them a c*nt. Just sayin'...

Anyway, got to go. I'm off to Craig's to get our PR briefing from John Henry.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.