Author Topic: RAWK Preview: Liverpool FC vs Manchester United (Sun 1st Sept, 1.30pm)  (Read 91499 times)

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: RAWK Preview: Liverpool FC vs Manchester United (Sun 1st Sept, 1.30pm)
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2013, 02:04:11 pm »
Liverpool 4-1 Mancs

I had the dream last night, they always come true  :wave

You were watching re runs chap, this actually occurred
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2013, 02:05:46 pm »
Think we'll twat these if it's reffed fairly but as we saw last season, sometimes the ref decides who's winning the match and theres fuck all we can do about it. We were absolutely sensational that day, even with 10 men, two of whom were inexperienced teenagers and we took the piss out of them but Halsey made sure he got the result he wanted in the end.

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2013, 02:05:58 pm »
What we can't afford to do on Sunday is what we have been guilty of 3 times so far this season.

A poor second half!

Pressing United for 90 minutes will be tough, but dropping deep and allowing them the lion's share of possession is a dangerous task.
Sitting back and allowing Aston Villa and Notts County (though that nearly backfired) to have the greater possession is one thing - Allowing Manchester United that possession is another.

In the first half this season, we have retained the ball, pressed the opposition and dominated the game.  It's hard to keep that tempo up for 90 minutes, but we can ill afford to sit back and try to defend it as we have done in the previous 3 games, because United have the quality, luck, referee's decisions to be able break us down, and we could be in for a very long 45 minutes if we are a goal up at half time and choose to adopt that approach in the second half.

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2013, 02:07:34 pm »
I'm certain that Moyes will be looking to break his personal Anfield hoodoo....

I agree. This is one game he will have been spending late nights over. He needs a good result here and he'll have worked extra hard to get it. Which is a little concerning.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2013, 02:07:56 pm »
Not worried about our attack. We will find ways through their defence. It's our own defence that has me worried. More so now that Toure is out. He's impressed me at the back, although I still think we lack a dominant man in the air. Thought we defended quite well vs Villa, but this is a different level of a challenge. I expect it to be Skrtel and Agger, with Lucas, Henderson and Gerrard in CM. We need to be awake, or RvP and Rooney will open us up time and again. Either when we sit back, or on the counter.

The good news is that we've won our first two. Means we can play with less pressure in this one. We have a chance to put some pressure on Man U if we win this one. I hope we take that opportunity. Let everyone get the impression that we're on the way up and that Man U are on the way down.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2013, 02:12:08 pm »
I think its really a case of keeping RVP quiet, obviously he isn't there only threat but he is a brilliant finisher and its imperative we don't let him have a sniff at goal.

For us i'm quietley confident we can cause them a problem going forward and i think in the middle of the park we'll more than match them. If we can do our job defensively, keep the ball, then i reckon we'll create a few chances and hopefully take one or two.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2013, 02:13:00 pm »
This will be a tough game. Defensively they are looking really solid with Vidic and Ferdinand fully fit and they are experienced to give Sturridge a tough time.

They also have a pretty potent and clinical strike force, which is not ideal when we are missing our in form defender. Set pieces will be key. They are strong at both ends and we have lost Toure.

I think a draw would be a good result for both sides. Keeps our confidence and unbeaten record going into the international break. Defeat could leave everyone on a bit of a low, what with a couple of weeks until the next game.

Offline Scouse-Con

• Anny Roader
  • We Are The Legionnaires Expect Us.
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2013, 02:15:52 pm »
Van Persil is there only quality striker, Welbeck is shit, and a don't think Rooney has ever scored at Anfield.
Knowledge Is Free.
We Are Anonymous.
We Are Legion.

We Do Not Forgive.
We Do Not Forget.
Expect Us.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2013, 02:16:10 pm »
Bit worried about our lack of depth at the back, but I think we've got enough ability there to make this a very competitive game. They aren't the most physical side in the world. If we can just stay disciplined and stick to our guns, then we will do well. I think Skrtel will play and make a resurgence.

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2013, 02:19:08 pm »
Van Persil is there only quality striker, Welbeck is shit, and a don't think Rooney has ever scored at Anfield.
Rooney, Hernandez
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline anything else

• You ain't seen me..... roight?
  • Kopite
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2013, 02:20:01 pm »
Van Persil is there only quality striker, Welbeck is shit

obviously you aint watched football much lately

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2013, 02:20:15 pm »
Won't be able to catch this one due to work. Can't decide if I'll go all out to avoid the result and watch it on demand or not..

Still, I've got faith we can see this lot off.

#pray4kolo

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2013, 02:20:40 pm »

Rooney scored the winner in 2005. Hasn't scored since then though.

Offline lfcbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh campione
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2013, 02:22:18 pm »
2-2 write all over it hope im wrong
“Everything will be ok in the end. If it’s not ok, it’s not the end.”

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2013, 02:27:04 pm »
United will exploit our weakness, which coincidentally is their strength. Quick, effective, pin point crosses and us not dealing with them either on the touchline or in the middle. Glen has to buck his game up, so does Enrique and Agger. They have to be rock solid with zero margin for error in concentration. Valencia and Welbeck would gladly take advantage if we are not.

Attack wise, I have not been as confident as I am now since the Torres heydays. Coutinho, Sturridge and Stevie can and will open up their defense. And giving Sturridge's form, we will convert at least one of them. Hopefully, we come out on top.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2013, 02:31:50 pm »
The one thing going for us is IMO they have a manager that promotes shit football and IMO right now has a somewhat dysfunctional team. In spite of that they still has the individual quality to win against just about anyone and it'll be a tough game. Vidic/Ferdnand are still a top defensive partnerhsip while Evra and Rafael (as much as I despise them) are two of the best fullbacks in the league. Valencia always causes us problems and then they have arguably two of the top 3 strikers in the league (Rooney and Van Persie).

Certainly isn't a game to be pencilling in a win. We'll have to bring our best to beat them.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2013, 02:39:00 pm »
Did anybody see them against Maureen at home the other day ?

Reading tales of Valencia and his assassins pinpointing our weaknesses  ;D

Boring defensive dross backed by tactical defensive dross, and Danny/Coutinho/Sterling/Aspas movement V Vidic  8)
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline alangc

• Main Stander
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2013, 02:40:33 pm »
United will exploit our weakness, which coincidentally is their strength. Quick, effective, pin point crosses and us not dealing with them either on the touchline or in the middle. Glen has to buck his game up, so does Enrique and Agger. They have to be rock solid with zero margin for error in concentration. Valencia and Welbeck would gladly take advantage if we are not.

Attack wise, I have not been as confident as I am now since the Torres heydays. Coutinho, Sturridge and Stevie can and will open up their defense. And giving Sturridge's form, we will convert at least one of them. Hopefully, we come out on top.

Totally agree, I think if united play down the wings constantly trying to cross the ball, they will score goals against us. However they seemed very reluctant to cross the ball against chelsea, whether this is the case against us or not is a different matter but I hope it is.

But its  Liverpool v United anything can happen, we will be guaranteed a great match thats for sure!

Come on the Red Men

YNWA

JFT96

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2013, 02:41:51 pm »

Rooney has scored at Anfield with a little help from Jerzy Dudek. I don't think Moyes will play both him and VP, he's more likely to pack the midfield and play Phil Jones as a lone striker.

Offline Scouse-Con

• Anny Roader
  • We Are The Legionnaires Expect Us.
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2013, 02:42:12 pm »
obviously you aint watched football much lately

Who else will then? Welbeck is shit, Rooney hasn't scored at Anfield since 2005, Hernandez won't start, that only leaves RVP. If they had such a potent strike force they would of turned Chelsea over on Monday but they didn't it was a borefest 0-0 draw. Keep RVP quiet, and I don't see anymore potential threats, not writing them off though.
Knowledge Is Free.
We Are Anonymous.
We Are Legion.

We Do Not Forgive.
We Do Not Forget.
Expect Us.

Offline Almo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2013, 02:53:50 pm »
Fantastic preview, loved it!!

Skittles to rip Persil a new arsehole

Offline RossoBianchi

• Manc Forum Slut
  • Legacy Fan
  • Peace
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2013, 02:57:48 pm »
Never really look forward to these games; anticipating a very tight affair on Sunday.

Sturridge is a class act; will need some special attention as he's looking sharp. Can see us defending quite deep and being quite compact and looking to break quickly. Moyes has his critics but one thing he's done so far is make us look very solid; Rio and Vidic are looking like the clocks have been wound back a few years and Evra's form has picked up; the Baines talk has been like a rocket up his arse. I do worry at right-back; Jones is a fish out of water there and offers very, very little going forward and might struggle against the movement and agility of Coutinho. Very promising centre-half but a poor full-back really; he's turning into David May before our very eyes and it needs to stop.

Always been a big fan of Carrick but do worry about him and Cleverley up against the energy of Gerrard, Lucas and Henderson. I think we'll be quite content to let you have the ball and sit with two banks of four and Rooney pressing Lucas; aim to win it and move the ball quickly with Carrick finding Welbeck, Rooney and RVP through the lines.

Danny will run all day and likewise Valencia on the other side so I'm fairly confident they'll track Johnson and Enrique and keep them fairly quiet; it's just whether we can get men forward quick enough to support RVP.

Not looking forward to it as it's been fucking years since we've put in a convincing Anfield performance; the O'Shea win was massively against the run of play and even last year against ten men we went behind and needed a pen and a wonder goal to come back.

I do sense we're coming into this game with a much more resolute feel, though, and it will be low scoring affair.

Team prediction: De Gea, Jones, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Welbeck, Rooney, Van Persie.

And Happy 100th to Sir Matt's good friend; Bill Shankly.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2013, 02:59:43 pm »
The 2nd half will be a real worry judging by the last 3 games, and if we play like that against them they will rip us a new one.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline jimbo1962

• Anny Roader
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2013, 03:09:58 pm »
................./Fellatio-aini.

heheh

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2013, 03:18:17 pm »
Games like these never really go off the form you've shown. Usually relatively cagey affairs.

We have a tendency to lift our game to a great level against the Mancs, and I'd expect no different on Sunday.

Think it'll be 2-2.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2013, 03:25:12 pm »
All I'm hoping for is that the ref doesn't ruin the game.
Slim chance of that but still.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2013, 03:26:48 pm »
Lucas just has to watch out for Rooney dropping deep and make sure he doesn't have space to create and supply Van Persil.

Offline ab9

• Main Stander
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2013, 03:38:16 pm »
No pressure Brendan!  8)

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2013, 03:38:56 pm »
We'll beat them if we have 11 men on the pitch for the full 90 minutes.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2013, 03:45:44 pm »
We'll beat them if we have 11 men on the pitch for the full 90 minutes.

That's a big if
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline xx

• Anny Roader
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2013, 03:49:01 pm »
Would have been quite confident of going into this game with Toure. Not as much right now. Hope whoever comes in has a good game.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2013, 03:49:16 pm »
The way they picked apart Swansea on the break means we need to watchful defensively here. We've got goals in us though and plenty of spirit.

Offline ocecynwa

• Kopite
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2013, 04:01:07 pm »
Who else will then? Welbeck is shit, Rooney hasn't scored at Anfield since 2005, Hernandez won't start, that only leaves RVP. If they had such a potent strike force they would of turned Chelsea over on Monday but they didn't it was a borefest 0-0 draw. Keep RVP quiet, and I don't see anymore potential threats, not writing them off though.

Welbeck isn't shit
Remember when we used to sing "we've got the best midfield in the world'? Not so much anymore.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2013, 04:07:42 pm »
Welbeck isn't shit

Did you watch the chelsea game? He looked like a lost giraffe and his shots reached row z.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2013, 04:20:37 pm »
Unfortunately I think their defence looks stronger than ours and man utd will win by the odd goal
Wouldn't mind being 5 points clear of them after 3 games for a change though!

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2013, 04:43:55 pm »
Come on Redmen!
With plenty of possession, a decent ref and scoring instead of hitting woodwork we
Can win this without Kolo!
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Thebigbrownbear

• Kemlynite
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2013, 04:46:00 pm »
Rooney to get wound up and sent off after punching his own team mate in the nose (take your pick which one).

Stevie g, hendo and daniel on the score sheet.

3-1 :)

And moyes sent to the stand for being so utterly gormless looking.

We can all dream hey :)

On a more serious note, stop RVP and we will win.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:51:19 pm by Thebigbrownbear »

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2013, 04:51:24 pm »
Really look forward to it !!!! Worried only about defence, but we will hear about it soon

BEING IT ON

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2013, 05:00:26 pm »
Unfortunately I think their defence looks stronger than ours and man utd will win by the odd goal
Wouldn't mind being 5 points clear of them after 3 games for a change though!

Don't think they've properly been tested yet. Had a poor Swansea side who probably should have scored more against them and a Chelsea side who never really made a proper attempt to score a goal. Moyes may have attempted to sew up the holes that were there last season, but the stitching hasn't been properly tested yet. :)