Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 338154 times)

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Reply #7760 on: April 22, 2024, 10:41:42 pm »
Quote from: Garlicbread

That Arsenal team seems to be full of pricks. Rice seems sound though.

There are too many Irish people on this forum to keep repeating this. Doesn't matter how many sound things he says, he'll always be a c*nt to me.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7761 on: April 22, 2024, 10:44:03 pm »
There are too many Irish people on this forum to keep repeating this. Doesn't matter how many sound things he says, he'll always be a c*nt to me.

Seconded.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7762 on: April 22, 2024, 10:50:57 pm »
What did Rice do that was so bad? Not being provocative, I don’t really care too much about the national teams. He’s English born with Irish family (are his parents both Irish?). But there are tons of people like that. Do they all have to play for Ireland? Similarly tons of English born players have chosen to play for Ireland. What’s the issue? The fact he turned out to be decent?

On the flip side he quite clearly calls his girlfriend Babe and his mates Melts and that must count against him.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7763 on: April 22, 2024, 11:02:17 pm »
What did Rice do that was so bad? Not being provocative, I don’t really care too much about the national teams. He’s English born with Irish family (are his parents both Irish?). But there are tons of people like that. Do they all have to play for Ireland? Similarly tons of English born players have chosen to play for Ireland. What’s the issue? The fact he turned out to be decent?

On the flip side he quite clearly calls his girlfriend Babe and his mates Melts and that must count against him.

Likely due to the fact he went through the Irish youth set up at pretty much all levels, made 3 appearances for the senior side then jumped ship.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7764 on: April 22, 2024, 11:35:19 pm »
Likely due to the fact he went through the Irish youth set up at pretty much all levels, made 3 appearances for the senior side then jumped ship.

An ability to learn from his mistakes is not something to be sniffed at.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7765 on: April 22, 2024, 11:47:37 pm »
Deccers is a top lad. Cesc Fabregas ditched his long term girlfriend and childhood sweetheart who travelled with him to london from Spain when they were both teenagers , for a married wag 12years older than him who gave him her number at Nandos. Now thats a c*nt.
As for the Ireland England debate, hes a london boy, Kingston massives, innit.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7766 on: April 23, 2024, 08:42:11 am »

Yes all this. It's not that he could've played for us and didn't, it's that he actually did fucking play for us and then went turncoat.

And he didn't just go as far having three senior caps - he also indulged in all this badge kissing and the nonsense "up the 'RA" tweets, as though playing for Ireland was what he really wanted. Then goes and jumps ship at the first sign of England interest. Suggests he's a two-faced dickhead. If Madrid came in for him in a year's time, he'd probably act the prick to force a move. Comes across as extremely false to me.

It shouldn't be confused with Jack Grealish, who also played for ireland at all the underage levels, but never the senior team, and never did all the performative badge-kissing shite like Rice. When he went to play for England it was very disappointing, but somewhat fair enough. Now Grealish is a dickhead in plenty of other ways, but I don't hold the Ireland thing against him.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7767 on: April 23, 2024, 09:47:14 am »
I can see how that’s annoying. Trying to think of an England equivalent but there isn’t really. Zaha maybe but respect his decision, and he was on the fringes for England never did any performative stuff either.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7768 on: April 23, 2024, 11:32:03 am »
I can see how that’s annoying. Trying to think of an England equivalent but there isn’t really. Zaha maybe but respect his decision, and he was on the fringes for England never did any performative stuff either.

It's compounded by the fact that Ireland are abysmal now, and Rice and Grealish would've had a completely transformative effect if they had played for us

England always have good players, so even if it did happen to them, missing out on a couple of players - even very good ones like Rice and Grealish - wouldn't make a huge difference.

But even leaving that to one side, just for the way he carried on, Rice is definitely someone who is hugely disliked in Ireland, and he completely deserves that in my opinion.

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7769 on: April 23, 2024, 11:46:00 am »
It's compounded by the fact that Ireland are abysmal now, and Rice and Grealish would've had a completely transformative effect if they had played for us

England always have good players, so even if it did happen to them, missing out on a couple of players - even very good ones like Rice and Grealish - wouldn't make a huge difference.

But even leaving that to one side, just for the way he carried on, Rice is definitely someone who is hugely disliked in Ireland, and he completely deserves that in my opinion.

Think i mentioned before, he sounded like a daft young lad trying to over compensate for the fact he isn't actually Irish. I mean his Up the Ra stuff alone suggests that.

I get why the Irish feel betrayed. Can understand mind you being courted by the country that you are actually born and brought up in, that qualifies for basically every major tournament, must be a big head turner. And i say that as a Scot.

I get his daft boy antics haven't helped him in the slightest here though.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7770 on: April 23, 2024, 12:53:40 pm »

I mean, we got Andy Townsend and Phil Babb back in the 90s, so I guess we're just hurting now the way the English were hurting then.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7771 on: April 23, 2024, 01:27:07 pm »
I mean, we got Andy Townsend and Phil Babb back in the 90s, so I guess we're just hurting now the way the English were hurting then.

Given we called the likes of Geoff Thomas and Andy Gray (Palace and Spurs?) in midfield, and Carlton Palmer became a stalwart racking up quite a few caps you actually raise a valid point about Townsend! Good job we’re such a reasonable nation who don’t bear grudges.

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7772 on: April 23, 2024, 01:42:40 pm »
Given we called the likes of Geoff Thomas and Andy Gray (Palace and Spurs?) in midfield, and Carlton Palmer became a stalwart racking up quite a few caps you actually raise a valid point about Townsend! Good job we’re such a reasonable nation who don’t bear grudges.

Neither do us Scots...i mean we only sing about a battle that happened over 700 years ago! Lets not mention the Old Firm either!

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7773 on: April 23, 2024, 03:07:39 pm »
Hope Chelsea smash these diving, play-acting twats.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #7774 on: April 23, 2024, 03:12:28 pm »
Deccers is a top lad. Cesc Fabregas ditched his long term girlfriend and childhood sweetheart who travelled with him to london from Spain when they were both teenagers , for a married wag 12years older than him who gave him her number at Nandos. Now thats a c*nt.
As for the Ireland England debate, hes a london boy, Kingston massives, innit.

"Deccers" Christ on a bike

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7775 on: April 23, 2024, 07:46:19 pm »
Their ability to meet opponents who are missing their best player(s) is uncanny. Every single break you could possibly get this season.

- Beat City when they had no Rodri
- Beat us when we had no Szobo, Salah, Nunez, Robertson and a not-anywhere-close-to-fit Trent
- Play Wolves missing several of their best players and with actual children on the bench
- Play Chelsea without their one good player Palmer
- Even Villa were missing half a team when they beat them at the Emirates.

Allied to their own total absence of injury problems, the luck is absolutely unreal.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 08:01:37 pm by decosabute »

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7776 on: April 23, 2024, 08:11:34 pm »
All on Spurs, Ange is a Red!

He smashed the Gooners, Ange, Ange
He'll never walk alone he said, Ange, Ange
He put City in the bin
Helped us with a PL win
Ange Postecoglu, Liverpool's secret spy
King Kenny.

Online TheFinalBoss

• Main Stander
« Reply #7777 on: April 23, 2024, 09:22:21 pm »
To be honest Trossard was a class signing for Arsenal he's been the driving force for their form in the 2nd half of the season.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 09:43:45 pm by TheFinalBoss »

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7778 on: April 23, 2024, 09:58:44 pm »
Oh do fuck off.

Just getting that in for when the trolls arrive.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7779 on: April 23, 2024, 10:00:05 pm »
To be honest Trossard was a class signing for Arsenal he's been the driving force for their form in the 2nd half of the season.
They dodged a bullet and got a far better player for a fraction of the price.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7780 on: April 23, 2024, 10:10:44 pm »

Yeah, unfortunately you have to say that was a great buy. He's an annoying twat, but would love him if he played for us. His goals are often important ones as well - a bit like Jota for us, only not made of crisps.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7781 on: April 23, 2024, 10:14:25 pm »
The worst part of Arsenal mauling a Chelsea team whose season finished on Saturday, is that we have to now listen to Legohead tell the entire world a story of how Arsenal have overcome adversity and showed their mental strength. Such a tiresome little gobshite. Enjoy the win, but Chelsea were in postseason pissup mode.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7782 on: April 23, 2024, 10:35:08 pm »
That was very good.

Odegaard is incredible, like a left footed Bergkamp.

Been waiting 20 years to smash Chelsea. Back where they belong now.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7783 on: April 23, 2024, 10:54:20 pm »
Theirs to lose now. Would be another Liverpool miracle for us to end up a champions with the form that they and Man City are showing.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7784 on: April 23, 2024, 11:03:08 pm »
Theirs to lose now. Would be another Liverpool miracle for us to end up a champions with the form that they and Man City are showing.

Huh? City have it in their hands.

Offline Jimmy Raggatip

• Boys Pen
« Reply #7785 on: April 24, 2024, 02:52:19 am »
The Irish fans should get over the Rice thing imo. How many players have the Republic nicked from the North for example

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7786 on: April 24, 2024, 06:08:54 am »
Last night showed what a billion pounds gets you if you dont have the right manager in charge.

Franchise player Mudryk who we were Gazumped to by Todds 90m warchest, against his back up replacement Trossard who cost 25m.

And Declan Rice (half the player Caicedo is) against Caicedo (twice the player Rice is), throw in 110m world cup star “Enzo” .

We ran rings round them, Id take Cole Palmer off them when he decides he needs to play for a big club for the first time in his career. 

Weve played really well this season , I think overall we have been the best team, but only the table matters.
Still not sure about Havertz, a striker with Odegaard behind him should be getting double figures league goals easy, and that would be us clear at the top and possibly still in CL.

Still work to do for next season but this one is possibly going all the way, we need favours from other teams though, not in our hands.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 06:10:43 am by The North Bank »

Offline BigBrainArteta

• Main Stander
« Reply #7787 on: April 24, 2024, 06:13:50 am »
And yet. There are still an element of Arsenal and non-Arsenal fans who question whether Arteta should keep his job.

Its tight at the top. Liverpool and Man City are two very good teams each with a very good manager. But Arteta at 42 years old is rolling with them. Yes all Arteta has won is the FA Cup, but like I said, he is 42, not 52. Arteta will win titles. Top manager.

And if we did sack Arteta, we would give ourselves a headache trying to replace him, and at the same time solve a problem at Chelsea or Man United. Because if Arteta were available. Chelsea and United wouldn't hesitate to bin Ten Ag /Poch Poch.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7788 on: April 24, 2024, 07:10:00 am »
I said Havertz would come good for Arsenal but I thought he’d do it as an 8. He seems rather to be a very useful utility player to have around and one capable of chipping in with goals from either midfield or as a 9. His fbref stats are funny. Brilliant attacking numbers for a midfielder but abysmal off the ball ones. Brilliant off the ball numbers for a forward but abysmal attacking numbers. Guessing that demonstrates how much he’s flipped between playing as an 8 and playing as a 9 (or false 9, I’m not sure how he plays that central forward role). North bank/ other Arsenal fans, how’s he done? What’s his longer term role going to be?

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7789 on: April 24, 2024, 07:23:03 am »
They're pretty good aren't they.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7790 on: April 24, 2024, 07:31:09 am »
The Irish fans should get over the Rice thing imo. How many players have the Republic nicked from the North for example

Haha don't know if you're serious, but that's a ridiculous post. Should've kept out receipt for James McClean and Darron Gibson.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7791 on: April 24, 2024, 07:33:40 am »

It's all about Sunday for Arsenal now. I think if they win that, they win the whole thing. Can't see United putting up any resistance when they go there.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7792 on: April 24, 2024, 07:42:24 am »
Last night showed what a billion pounds gets you if you dont have the right manager in charge.

Franchise player Mudryk who we were Gazumped to by Todds 90m warchest, against his back up replacement Trossard who cost 25m.

And Declan Rice (half the player Caicedo is) against Caicedo (twice the player Rice is), throw in 110m world cup star “Enzo” .

We ran rings round them, Id take Cole Palmer off them when he decides he needs to play for a big club for the first time in his career. 

Weve played really well this season , I think overall we have been the best team, but only the table matters.
Still not sure about Havertz, a striker with Odegaard behind him should be getting double figures league goals easy, and that would be us clear at the top and possibly still in CL.

Still work to do for next season but this one is possibly going all the way, we need favours from other teams though, not in our hands.

That's actually a fairly reasonable post for once.

On the bolded bit, I'd agree, Arsenal have been the strongest team overall - they've had a lot of breaks with both the lack of injuries compared to their rivals, as well as the timing of when they've faced opposition teams, but it's hard to dispute they've played the best football.

But also as you said, only the table matters. I'd argue Liverpool were the best team in both 2013-14 and 2018-19, and on neither of those occasions did we end up champions. One thing I've learned is that a feeling of destiny or deserving it doesn't matter when City are around. They'll kill your dreams when you think they're about to be realised.

Having said all that, City aren't quite the same this year. I have a feeling Arsenal will win it.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7793 on: April 24, 2024, 07:50:16 am »
That's actually a fairly reasonable post for once.

On the bolded bit, I'd agree, Arsenal have been the strongest team overall - they've had a lot of breaks with both the lack of injuries compared to their rivals, as well as the timing of when they've faced opposition teams, but it's hard to dispute they've played the best football.

But also as you said, only the table matters. I'd argue Liverpool were the best team in both 2013-14 and 2018-19, and on neither of those occasions did we end up champions. One thing I've learned is that a feeling of destiny or deserving it doesn't matter when City are around. They'll kill your dreams when you think they're about to be realised.

Having said all that, City aren't quite the same this year. I have a feeling Arsenal will win it.

Unfortunately I think City will be as robotic as ever and win all their games. What would be worse though is if they do drop points and we dont take advantage so we need to keep winning and see what happens, same applies for Liverpool.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7794 on: April 24, 2024, 08:00:06 am »
I said Havertz would come good for Arsenal but I thought he’d do it as an 8. He seems rather to be a very useful utility player to have around and one capable of chipping in with goals from either midfield or as a 9. His fbref stats are funny. Brilliant attacking numbers for a midfielder but abysmal off the ball ones. Brilliant off the ball numbers for a forward but abysmal attacking numbers. Guessing that demonstrates how much he’s flipped between playing as an 8 and playing as a 9 (or false 9, I’m not sure how he plays that central forward role). North bank/ other Arsenal fans, how’s he done? What’s his longer term role going to be?

Long term? Bench.

Hes done well, but hes not the answer upfront, we need someone far more lethal and incisive. In the big games, Bayern home and away, completely disappeared. We ll need a very deep squad next season with the new CL format etc so he ll be valuable but we are still missing a goalscorer.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7795 on: April 24, 2024, 08:01:29 am »
And yet. There are still an element of Arsenal and non-Arsenal fans who question whether Arteta should keep his job.

Its tight at the top. Liverpool and Man City are two very good teams each with a very good manager. But Arteta at 42 years old is rolling with them. Yes all Arteta has won is the FA Cup, but like I said, he is 42, not 52. Arteta will win titles. Top manager.

And if we did sack Arteta, we would give ourselves a headache trying to replace him, and at the same time solve a problem at Chelsea or Man United. Because if Arteta were available. Chelsea and United wouldn't hesitate to bin Ten Ag /Poch Poch.

Arteta is brilliant, look at the scramble now for managers, by many big clubs, when you find a good one, you hold on to him as long as you can (villa just extended emerys contract)

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #7796 on: April 24, 2024, 08:04:22 am »
Long term? Bench.

Hes done well, but hes not the answer upfront, we need someone far more lethal and incisive. In the big games, Bayern home and away, completely disappeared. We ll need a very deep squad next season with the new CL format etc so he ll be valuable but we are still missing a goalscorer.

I am sure you will throw another £200 million around in the summer.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7797 on: April 24, 2024, 08:21:00 am »
I am sure you will throw another £200 million around in the summer.

Hope so, yesterday reminded me of losing 6-0 to Chelsea when we could no longer compete for players because we didnt have the money (wenger refusing to spend). Cheats came from nowhere and bought ashley cole nasri clichy adebayor toure off us, then rvp and cesc left because we couldnt match their ambition.
All we got told at the end of it was that chelsea are now a bigger club than us, no one cared about our positive net spend.

It could be our time again, and we need to keep spending to improve now that we can afford to. Absolutely no apologies about it, we need to cash in now that we are getting ahead.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 08:23:52 am by The North Bank »

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7798 on: April 24, 2024, 08:23:15 am »
I think people wanting City to win it ahead of Arsenal is bit petty. Sure Arteta is a plonker, but Arsenal aren’t a cheating shitstain on the fabric of football. I hope it’s them if we fail to win it.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7799 on: April 24, 2024, 08:25:31 am »

One or two piss taking comments after you lost to Bayern you think skinned bore.