Author Topic: Premier League / Europa League Fixtures 18th-20th October  (Read 7327 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Premier League / Europa League Fixtures 18th-20th October
« Reply #200 on: October 20, 2022, 09:18:53 pm »
Feel for him as the players have given up (not trying, the stupid red card and then Martinez for the pen) and he's got to listen to the abuse of his own fans.

Stupid job to take though, not the first time he's naively put trust in Purslow.

He might as well go down swinging at this point and call them all a bunch of whiny, nasally c*nts.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #201 on: October 20, 2022, 09:18:59 pm »
Marsch surely won't be far behind Stevie in being out of a job. At least they were fun under Bielsa for good or bad. Though sounds like they were unlucky on the weekend to be fair but then Villa should have had 4 v Chelsea too, that's the way it goes when you're on a shit run.

Yeah, signing every American player you can get your hands on doesn't seem to have been a good strategy.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: October 20, 2022, 09:19:16 pm »
He didn't get a PL job though did he, he dropped to the Championship and brought them up.
Silva had excellent credentials before he ended up at The Pit.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #203 on: October 20, 2022, 09:22:19 pm »
I’ll hold my hands up, I wanted him back here when he was rumoured to go to Villa. Thought he’d still have the magic but from what I gather it never came back after he left here.

He could probably do well enough somewhere in the right setup at the right team, he was good enough there on loan. Definitely not the profile of player we need and his head has dropped along with everyone else at Villa. It's not a functioning team this season and it was the same when he was at Barca.

He did well at Bayern the year they won the treble in 19/20. He's good enough to do well in the PL for someone.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #204 on: October 20, 2022, 09:22:24 pm »
Ah, well, at least Villa might be relegated without Gerrard dampening the party. He can celebrate it on the beach.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #205 on: October 20, 2022, 09:23:01 pm »
Silva had to drop down to the Championship. He might manage in the PL again but he'll have to take a team there himself.

He didn't get a PL job though did he, he dropped to the Championship and brought them up.

Yeh, poor example. We’ll see. I think his work a Rangers and the merry go round of Premiership management will tempt some club board sometime, somewhere.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: October 20, 2022, 09:24:13 pm »
Stevie needs to go to a club where there's hardly any expectation other than to get mid table and build on from there. The Villa job is too big for him currently.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: October 20, 2022, 09:26:32 pm »
Yeh, poor example. We’ll see. I think his work a Rangers and the merry go round of Premiership management will tempt some club board sometime, somewhere.

Other factor is the negativity with the fanbase of any club he's linked with (a bit like what happened to Rafa after he left us). Villa giving it all the anti-Scouse bile to him now already and we're widely despised as it is. He's too associated with us.

Lampard only got back in the PL after Chelsea failure because the Bullens Wall oddly demanded it. No club's fans are going to demand Gerrard's appointment.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #208 on: October 20, 2022, 09:27:11 pm »
Have you forgotten Maguire? ;D

LOL

And Mings was unsurprisingly bought by the fucking moonhead at Bournemouth.

Holy fuck I had forgotten that. So they're all Bournemouth CB's!

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: October 20, 2022, 09:27:17 pm »
I haven't had high expectations for Gerrard ever since he knocked back the MK Dons job because he "wasn't ready", only to then go to Rangers a few months later. It was clear at the time he felt the Dons job was beneath him, and while it worked out at Rangers it doesn't seem like he's really learned anything as a manager, he just seems like another ex-player expecting to walk in and do a job because he was a great footballer.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: October 20, 2022, 09:29:14 pm »
Hope Leeds don't sack their manager before we play them.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: October 20, 2022, 09:33:00 pm »
I haven't had high expectations for Gerrard ever since he knocked back the MK Dons job because he "wasn't ready", only to then go to Rangers a few months later. It was clear at the time he felt the Dons job was beneath him, and while it worked out at Rangers it doesn't seem like he's really learned anything as a manager, he just seems like another ex-player expecting to walk in and do a job because he was a great footballer.

He got a bit lucky at Rangers as well as he was on the outs there when the pandemic hit, the supporters were turning and Celtic were winning number 9 at a canter while he'd still not won a trophy, although he'd done well in Europe. The lockdown reset things there and Neil Lennon making a mess of the Celtic job helped. He did well there but he was far from ready to manage in the PL.

Anyone looking at employing Gerrard next would be weary of how much Villa fell off a cliff after Beale left. They've looked directionless all season.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #212 on: October 20, 2022, 09:36:39 pm »
Feel for Stevie man, really hope he turned it around

Fuck Villa and their fans. If/when he gets sacked I hope they get relegated and never come back up.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #213 on: October 20, 2022, 09:38:36 pm »
Stevie needs to go to a club where there's hardly any expectation other than to get mid table and build on from there. The Villa job is too big for him currently.

I always felt he should’ve gone to a championship club after Rangers, thought going to a (biggish) Prem club like Villa was a big and risky step.

Long way back for him now but he’s still a kid in Managerial terms

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: October 20, 2022, 09:52:11 pm »
Now that it looks like Stevie will be gone, I can passionately root for Villa to go down again.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: October 20, 2022, 09:54:19 pm »
This Leeds/Leicester game is boring as shit, just lots of misplaced passes in the middle of the park and the occasional shot blammed into someones shins.

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #216 on: October 21, 2022, 11:10:33 am »
Anyone looking at employing Gerrard next would be weary of how much Villa fell off a cliff after Beale left. They've looked directionless all season.

anyone looking at Gerrard should be looking at Beale instead.