Author Topic: The Car Lust Thread  (Read 73327 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: The Car Lust Thread
« Reply #280 on: July 10, 2019, 10:45:52 am »
Indeed it is a 720. Beautiful car in the flesh.

Not sure who owns it, but the Ferrari hasn't been seen for ages outside school, so I think it might be the same fella.

Talking of beautiful cars, I've had the opposite experience this week. In Crosby I pulled up at the lights alongside a red Ferrari. I'm not sure if it was an FF or a 599 but it had a rounded back and elongated front end. It was pretty ugly for a Ferrari.

Same day on Victoria Road in Freshfield I pass a Rolls Royce Cullinan SUV. My god, that is one ugly beast. I know looks aren't everything, but when they start at £250,000 I want something a bit more aesthetically pleasing as well as good to drive.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #281 on: July 10, 2019, 10:47:36 am »
That Rolls is fucking hideous.  The Bentley SUV is also grotesque.

I can’t tell one Ferrari from another.  Their styling has got lost over the last couple of decades.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #282 on: July 10, 2019, 10:49:22 am »
Talking of beautiful cars, I've had the opposite experience this week. In Crosby I pulled up at the lights alongside a red Ferrari. I'm not sure if it was an FF or a 599 but it had a rounded back and elongated front end. It was pretty ugly for a Ferrari.

Same day on Victoria Road in Freshfield I pass a Rolls Royce Cullinan SUV. My god, that is one ugly beast. I know looks aren't everything, but when they start at £250,000 I want something a bit more aesthetically pleasing as well as good to drive.

I quite like the FF, but needs to be in black rather than red. Not a fan of the 599 at all.

Did the Cullinan have the number plate EPL 1? A guy who works on Old Hall St has one which is always parked next to the Hill Dickinson building. Sooooo fucking ugly.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #283 on: July 10, 2019, 10:54:49 am »

(although I grant you the rear lights are shit)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 11:04:00 am by Nobby Reserve »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: July 10, 2019, 10:54:56 am »

It was a Ferrari FF that used to park by the school, front end is nice, arse is awful. Side on it remined me of a BMW 1 series hatchback.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: July 10, 2019, 10:58:41 am »

I can’t tell one Ferrari from another.  Their styling has got lost over the last couple of decades.
Yep. Same with the Lamborghini Urus. I've seen a black one knocking around Liverpool, and it's ugly. The Rolls takes the biscuit though. It's horrific.

I get lost with Ferraris myself these days unless it's the classics like the Dino, Testerossa, 308, F40, 355 etc which I recognise instantly.
I was driving past Klopp's place recently and an absolute stunner of a Ferrari went past me. I don't know what model, but it was absolutely stunning.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #286 on: July 10, 2019, 11:01:28 am »
Noooo, I love the Urus. See one really often by me and love it, sounds like an absolute monster too.

488 Pista is my current fav (modern) Ferrari.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: July 10, 2019, 11:02:03 am »
I quite like the FF, but needs to be in black rather than red. Not a fan of the 599 at all.

Did the Cullinan have the number plate EPL 1? A guy who works on Old Hall St has one which is always parked next to the Hill Dickinson building. Sooooo fucking ugly.

I totally missed the number plate. Honestly, I was like, WTF is this coming up?  :o

I was so blinded by the ugliness of the car that I didn't even notice the plate on it.  :)

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: July 10, 2019, 11:13:05 am »
Noooo, I love the Urus. See one really often by me and love it, sounds like an absolute monster too.

488 Pista is my current fav (modern) Ferrari.

I just had a look at the 488. Nice!  8)

https://auto.ferrari.com/en_EN/sports-cars-models/car-range/ferrari-488-pista/

I think I just don't tend to like SUV's much. The Urus is not as bad (to me) as the Rolls Royce and Bentley though, but I'm still not a fan. Same with the Porsche SUV.

Is the Urus by yours driven by T.Rex?
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jordan-pickford-caught-parking-160000-14986105

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: July 10, 2019, 11:40:03 am »
That 488 is a thing of beauty.

I'm with SoS on this, I hate SUV's anyway, pointless massive hunks of metal that don't fit anywhere and make looking at junctions or when crossing the road impossible. To then see one carry a Lamborghini, Porsche, Bentley. Jaguar or Ferrari badge is a crime.

Remember the whole "Chelsea Tractor" thing from years ago? Now everyone and his dog has one of these monstrocities. There is a Merc and a Q7 parked in our car park and both are too big for the parking space and they don't even look that big inside. I sat in a Q5 once and it was smaller than mine inside but physically well bigger.
Jurgen YNWA

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: July 10, 2019, 11:41:51 am »

(although I grant you the rear lights are shit)

Like I said earlier, I saw one last week, looked shit to me. The McLaren and Ferraris mentioned above are far nicer
Jurgen YNWA

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #291 on: July 10, 2019, 11:51:45 am »
I think I just don't tend to like SUV's much. The Urus is not as bad (to me) as the Rolls Royce and Bentley though, but I'm still not a fan. Same with the Porsche SUV.

Is the Urus by yours driven by T.Rex?
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jordan-pickford-caught-parking-160000-14986105

It could well be as it does have a matt wrap on it like that one, whoever it is rags the fuck out of it down Old Hall / Brook Street to the entrance to our apartment car pack.

Seen Firmino rocking up in a bright yellow one too!

It’s really not that big either. Smaller than most Ranges, and the new bigger Audi SUVs. Def smaller than most vans which there are 1000’s of on the road.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: July 10, 2019, 12:09:31 pm »
It could well be as it does have a matt wrap on it like that one, whoever it is rags the fuck out of it down Old Hall / Brook Street to the entrance to our apartment car pack.

Seen Firmino rocking up in a bright yellow one too!

It’s really not that big either. Smaller than most Ranges, and the new bigger Audi SUVs. Def smaller than most vans which there are 1000’s of on the road.

Trust Firmino to have a bright yellow one.  ;D

I drive past West Tower all the time. I'll keep an eye out for the T.Rex in his.  ;)

I might be in the minority on this, but I hate matt wraps on vehicles. I've seen plenty a supercar ruined by one of those abominations. I'm the same with black alloys too. I hate them. My brother has a Mazda MX5 and he was going to get black alloys on that. I'm glad he didn't, as the chrome ones look so much better.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #293 on: July 10, 2019, 12:34:48 pm »

I drive past West Tower all the time. I'll keep an eye out for the T.Rex in his.  ;)

I might be in the minority on this, but I hate matt wraps on vehicles. I've seen plenty a supercar ruined by one of those abominations. I'm the same with black alloys too. I hate them. My brother has a Mazda MX5 and he was going to get black alloys on that. I'm glad he didn't, as the chrome ones look so much better.

If it's him he's in Beetham Tower (one next to/part of The Radisson). The car pack entrance is down that little road next to West Tower.

Yeah I'm the same with matt wraps. When they first came out and the odd car had them I didn't think they were too bad, but now you see mid-90's Cleos with them  ;D Don't mind a black allow on a black car though.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: July 10, 2019, 12:36:30 pm »

Fella opposite us has a Matt black wrap on an X6, looks shite.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: July 10, 2019, 12:38:54 pm »
If it's him he's in Beetham Tower (one next to/part of The Radisson). The car pack entrance is down that little road next to West Tower.

Yeah I'm the same with matt wraps. When they first came out and the odd car had them I didn't think they were too bad, but now you see mid-90's Cleos with them  ;D Don't mind a black allow on a black car though.

Ah, ok, I know Beetham. Didn't Michael Owen have the penthouse in there at one time?

Those black alloys, though. *reaches for my crucifix*  ;)

They just look like you've had your hubcaps nicked.  :D

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: July 10, 2019, 12:41:22 pm »
Fella opposite us has a Matt black wrap on an X6, looks shite.
Yep, I've never seen a vehicle that's looked better for having such a wrap on it.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: July 11, 2019, 03:54:53 pm »

Bentley SUV

London LEVC TX Taxi

Jurgen YNWA

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: July 11, 2019, 04:49:17 pm »
Was this the Bentley in top gear? I can't say I dislike it.

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #299 on: July 11, 2019, 04:56:41 pm »
Was this the Bentley in top gear? I can't say I dislike it.

That was the Rolls SUV wasn't it?
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: July 11, 2019, 05:37:54 pm »
That was the Rolls SUV wasn't it?
Shit yeah it was ;D

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #301 on: July 11, 2019, 06:01:10 pm »
Not to be a Debbie Downer but I find any car that's well over $100k to just be an obscene flaunting of wealth. They sort of disgust me to be honest. If I won the lottery or got a divorce settlement from Jeff Bezos I'd treat myself to an Audi A7 or a Land Cruiser or something, but anything more is just obnoxious

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #302 on: July 11, 2019, 06:41:12 pm »
The Bentley SUV is an Audi Q7 with a huge engine.

Someone up the hill from me has one and it is truly fucking hideous. And absolute dog to look at...

And it’s over £200k

No thanks
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: July 11, 2019, 07:32:27 pm »
Not to be a Debbie Downer but I find any car that's well over $100k to just be an obscene flaunting of wealth. They sort of disgust me to be honest. If I won the lottery or got a divorce settlement from Jeff Bezos I'd treat myself to an Audi A7 or a Land Cruiser or something, but anything more is just obnoxious
Well, you've just put a real downer on this afternoon's Lamborghini purchase I made.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: July 11, 2019, 07:59:52 pm »

That’s Elliot Lawless the guy who has all the high rise flats on the go , seen him in it a while back ,  agree horrible looking car

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: July 11, 2019, 09:01:56 pm »
Bezos' soon-to-be ex-wife is getting $35B, so she'll more likely have a private C5 cargo plane loaded with a fleet of Audi A7s, one for each day of the week, that she'll drop out the back with parachutes. And she'll light them all on fire on Sunday and start with a different batch on Monday. ;D
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: July 11, 2019, 10:10:11 pm »
I know a couple of people that own Bentleys. They are the sort of people who spend money to show they have money, make of that what you will.
Justice for the 96!

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #307 on: July 11, 2019, 10:55:50 pm »
If I had the money to buy a super car I’d do so, and I’d not give a second though about doing it to show off, I’d be doing it for my own enjoyment.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: July 11, 2019, 11:08:47 pm »
In the unlikely event I win the lottery, I am buying the following.

1,  The new Toyota RAV4 for Mrs Grumpy.
2, A Vee Dub Transporter van for me. I hired one a few weeks ago, it is an utter delight to drive. It’s also nice and anonymous.
3, A Lancia Delta Integrale drive down country lanes, where the smell of cow poo will mask the smell of me soiling myself driving it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 11:38:58 pm by MrGrumpy »
Justice for the 96!

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: July 12, 2019, 06:59:16 am »
In the unlikely event I win the lottery, I am buying the following.

1,  The new Toyota RAV4 for Mrs Grumpy.
2, A Vee Dub Transporter van for me. I hired one a few weeks ago, it is an utter delight to drive. It’s also nice and anonymous.
3, A Lancia Delta Integrale drive down country lanes, where the smell of cow poo will mask the smell of me soiling myself driving it.

In the unlikely event I win it I'm indulging in

A Focus or similar for the wife
Honda RC30,
Ducati Desmseidici,
Honda RCV213

2009/2010 Jaguar XJ6 as a daily driver
McLaren P1 as a weekend toy

Ex Works Peugeot 205 T16 Rally Car.

Bell Huey

Regardless of what cars/bikes I owned, I'd also support a charity that I know of that takes terminally ill children on holidays to the likes of Disney in Orlando and use the McLaren and Huey to give pleasure rides/flights for the kids
Jurgen YNWA

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #310 on: July 12, 2019, 01:09:36 pm »
Just seen a black Ferrari 812... wow!!!

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: July 12, 2019, 01:37:18 pm »
In the unlikely event I win it I'm indulging in

A Focus or similar for the wife
Honda RC30,
Ducati Desmseidici,
Honda RCV213

2009/2010 Jaguar XJ6 as a daily driver
McLaren P1 as a weekend toy

Ex Works Peugeot 205 T16 Rally Car.

Bell Huey

Regardless of what cars/bikes I owned, I'd also support a charity that I know of that takes terminally ill children on holidays to the likes of Disney in Orlando and use the McLaren and Huey to give pleasure rides/flights for the kids

Again - never going to happen, but in the unlikely event I win 100m or more - not in any order

1. Ford F150 Raptor - just to piss off the toffs at the golf club
2. RS6 as the dog has to get there as quickly as me  ;D
3. Huracan Performante - just because - the noise - insane
Multiple track day cars
4. Original Escort Mexico
5. Mark 11 Escort RS2000
6. Ariel Atom
7. Lancia Delta Integrale - for blasting about in country lanes
8. RS Focus - quick commuter
9. Rolls Convertible - agree with May - looks good anywhere.
10. Ferrari Daytona Spider for cruising along the South of France
11. Aston Martin Vanquish / DBS - see above
12. That new reworked Jag E-Type that Clarkson drove - again - south of France
12. Merc 250 SL - beautiful car - old school - cool car
Last but not least
13. Ford Mustang GT500 Eleanor - wow, just wow

There'd be many more

Also set up foundations, scholarships for kids to be able to have a kick start in life etc, not have 100k of debt from education.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: July 12, 2019, 01:39:10 pm »
^

I forgot about the Focus RS - I've abused one and it is a hell of a car to play about in, especially in drift mode ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: July 12, 2019, 02:00:13 pm »
^
Yeah

Maybe also a Talbot Sunbeam Lotus tuned

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #314 on: July 12, 2019, 02:23:01 pm »

still would, be an issue getting in and out in car parks etc

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: July 12, 2019, 04:47:18 pm »
I'm not one for 1960s American sedans, but I just saw a pristine 1967-ish Chevrolet Chevelle.  A cheap car that anyone could take on as a project. Sort of a metallic maroon paint, obviously not the original color. Gleaming chrome trim and aftermarket wheels. It was modified *just* enough to make it look and sound spectacular without being obnoxious. Lots of respect for owners who can pull that off.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline MrGrumpy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: July 12, 2019, 05:21:31 pm »
^
Yeah

Maybe also a Talbot Sunbeam Lotus tuned

My mother used to have a Talbot Sunbeam. It was badly built even by the standards of 70s Britain.
Justice for the 96!

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #317 on: July 12, 2019, 05:25:46 pm »
My first car. Loved that little red beauty.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: July 12, 2019, 06:45:45 pm »
Well, you've just put a real downer on this afternoon's Lamborghini purchase I made.

;D present company excepted, of course

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: July 12, 2019, 06:49:54 pm »
My mother used to have a Talbot Sunbeam. It was badly built even by the standards of 70s Britain.

Yeah but that lotus tune up takes me back to my youth