Author Topic: Jordan Henderson-Officially a Liverpool player- Discussion  (Read 267912 times)

Offline imnofreak

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jordan Henderson-Officially a Liverpool player- Discussion
« Reply #1680 on: July 23, 2011, 04:54:00 pm »
Hard to judge from crappy stream quality but looked like he made some very nice passes and impressed me in general.

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1681 on: July 23, 2011, 04:55:32 pm »
A bit like your posts lately get a grip will you it's a friendly!

Pull your head out your arse mate. I wasn't slagging the lad I was just saying he's faded a bit as the half's gone on which he has! Started to come back into it a little bit but he's not even been in training that long & this is his first competitive match since the u21 tournament.

Rawk is quickly becoming populated by tits that seem to think your opinion is only valid if it's filled with brown nosing. Can I say today was a disappointing performance or does that mean I have to give up my status as a Liverpool supporter?
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline The Rednigerian

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1682 on: July 23, 2011, 05:05:01 pm »
I'll do a match comp as soon as the game finishes downloading, but he looked quality today. Great movement, great passing, and was always looking to get the ball forward.  Easily MOM today.

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #1683 on: July 23, 2011, 05:34:54 pm »
A bit like your posts lately get a grip will you it's a friendly!

The only one that needs to get a grip is you.

All he said was that Henderson started well but faded, that's it. Big fucking deal.
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1684 on: July 23, 2011, 05:50:55 pm »
The only one that needs to get a grip is you.

All he said was that Henderson started well but faded, that's it. Big fucking deal.

However you mate jump in , don't you!  when did he fade exactly in just 45+minutes in your opinion, Henderson is fast becoming the new whipping boy for that poster and many others and has been since the day Sky got his fee wrong!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1685 on: July 23, 2011, 05:52:47 pm »
Pull your head out your arse mate. I wasn't slagging the lad I was just saying he's faded a bit as the half's gone on which he has! Started to come back into it a little bit but he's not even been in training that long & this is his first competitive match since the u21 tournament.

Rawk is quickly becoming populated by tits that seem to think your opinion is only valid if it's filled with brown nosing. Can I say today was a disappointing performance or does that mean I have to give up my status as a Liverpool supporter?

You can say what you want I simply think your opinion was wrong ok with that are you!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #1686 on: July 23, 2011, 05:56:16 pm »
However you mate jump in , don't you!  when did he fade exactly in just 45+minutes in your opinion, Henderson is fast becoming the new whipping boy for that poster and many others and has been since the day Sky got his fee wrong!

Relax mate , he didn't exactly slag him off. Just stated his opinion on his performance.

Think he had a pretty decent game myself.  ;)
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1687 on: July 23, 2011, 06:48:36 pm »

Where the fuck have you pulled them from? I think you must have me confused with someone else!
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1688 on: July 23, 2011, 06:49:35 pm »
Did well today.

Offline Red Ant

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1689 on: July 23, 2011, 06:54:29 pm »
Considering it was a pretty poor showing from the lads today I'd say the only positives you can take would be the glimpses we saw of what both Henderson and Downing will bring to the team. Aquilani as well shone in the 1st half.

I'm still unsure as to where Henderson fits into a starting 11 but time will tell us I'm sure. What I do know is that he looks like he'll be a good addition to the squad.

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #1690 on: July 23, 2011, 06:56:35 pm »
impressed me today, good with both feet, quick and clever, nice range of passing and creativity

downing almost scored with his first few touches today, looked really good, gives width and is pacy something we badly missed,

adam had great corners today, played some smart passes
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline Get

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1691 on: July 23, 2011, 06:57:20 pm »
I'll do a match comp as soon as the game finishes downloading, but he looked quality today. Great movement, great passing, and was always looking to get the ball forward.  Easily MOM today.

could u do one for downing as well? much appreciated your videos

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1692 on: July 23, 2011, 07:16:27 pm »
Where the fuck have you pulled them from? I think you must have me confused with someone else!

possibly if so sorry mate but there were scores of them during the england games!

Offline liverpoolfcmike

• custom title thread lurker - easily amused
  • Legacy Fan
  • through the wind and rain (and fog)
« Reply #1693 on: July 23, 2011, 07:18:27 pm »
He looks a really classy player. Linked up the play really well.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1694 on: July 23, 2011, 07:26:38 pm »
Henderson will be called a waste of money by some regardless of how he does.

His game isnt suited to being 'noticed' and therefore justifying his pricetag.

Alot of people simply wont take note of what he does and for the £16m we paid for him will be expecting some sort of Gerrard clone. Passing, movement, intelligence and dare I say it a more contintental approach such as Hendersons isnt suited to the MOTD highlight watching masses. We'll have to get used to defending him I think.

Showed today what he can bring to the table though. Smart movement, always available, always aware of what's going on around him and able to pass both short and long. Looks every inch a Kenny type of player.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 07:39:18 pm by Cpt_Reina »

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1695 on: July 23, 2011, 07:31:28 pm »
to be honest all three of the new  players looked threatening today Adam, Henderson, Downing all had chances to score, I for one think Henderson seems to be very under rated, I think he could bring alot to the team, he personally could have scored 2 himself today (one was in the net but given offside).

Offline Joey_Healy

• Main Stander
  • Patience is Key
« Reply #1696 on: July 23, 2011, 07:38:46 pm »
Henderson will be called a waste of money by some regardless of how he does.

His game isnt suited to being 'noticed' and therefore justifying his pricetag.

Alot of people simply wont take note of what he does and for the £16m we paid for him will be expecting some sort of Gerrard clone. Passing, movement, intelligence and dare I say it a more contintental approach such as Hendersons isnt suited to the MOTD highlight watching masses. We'll have to get used to defending him I think.

Showed today what he can bring to the table though. Smart movement, always available, always aware of what'd going on around him and able to pass both short and long. Looks every inch a Kenny type of player.
Totally agree, Paul Dalglish described Downing as a ''Proper liverpool player. Not flash. Just very very good.'' I think the same goes for Henderson
http://twitter.com/#!/Joey_Healy
how did cole do? Missed the game.
He showed promise and looked up for it....then it all went to pot when we kicked off.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1697 on: July 23, 2011, 07:40:53 pm »
Where did he play? In central midfield, off the right?

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1698 on: July 23, 2011, 07:41:36 pm »
Where did he play? In central midfield, off the right?

As part of a 3 man midfield with Spearing and Adam.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1699 on: July 23, 2011, 07:42:29 pm »
Was impressed by both he and Downing, they both took our game up notch. Like his energy and aggression on the ball, he's always looking to give and go and link up
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1700 on: July 23, 2011, 07:48:15 pm »
to be honest all three of the new  players looked threatening today Adam, Henderson, Downing all had chances to score

I think all the new lads had good games and showed exactly what Kenny is trying to do, it is also noticeable that Carroll was massively more effective with their passing and movement around him. What we didn't have was a player in the box waiting for a loose ball caused by Carroll (either a flicked down header or a rushed clearance because he was there). If we can get that working it will be very hard to deal with us.
Also Henderson showed he will be a bargain when we look back in 5 years or so. His decision making for a guy his age is phenomenal.

"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1701 on: July 23, 2011, 08:05:50 pm »
I think all the new lads had good games and showed exactly what Kenny is trying to do, it is also noticeable that Carroll was massively more effective with their passing and movement around him. What we didn't have was a player in the box waiting for a loose ball caused by Carroll (either a flicked down header or a rushed clearance because he was there). If we can get that working it will be very hard to deal with us.
Also Henderson showed he will be a bargain when we look back in 5 years or so. His decision making for a guy his age is phenomenal.

Henderson was trying to feed off those knock downs at times, can't wait till Luis is in the mix though.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1702 on: July 23, 2011, 08:06:24 pm »
Paul Doyle in The Guardian is an utter idiot claiming the lad didn't impress, when he was a lively presence and linked up considering he had only a week of training.

Offline flappingwings

• Main Stander
« Reply #1703 on: July 23, 2011, 08:18:23 pm »
Saw a glimpse today as to how we're going to set up.

4-3-3.

For me, Henderson is the understudy to Gerrard. The guy who'll play instead of Stevie, rather than with him. He's fantastic. Energetic, intelligent, aware etc.

I think Lucas, Gerrard and Adam will be our first choice CMs, but we've got strength in depth in that Spearing, Henderson, Aquilani and Meireles can do similar jobs, as below:

Lucas - Spearing
Gerrard - Henderson
Adam - Aquilani/Meireles

With a front three of Suarez, Carroll and Downing, I think we'll be fantastic next year.

One thing that did worry me was the tendency to just lob it up to Carroll when things got desperate, particularly when there was no-one next to him to knock the ball on to. Largely pointless. I hope King Kenny nips this in the bud asap.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1704 on: July 23, 2011, 08:24:33 pm »
Paul Doyle in The Guardian is an utter idiot claiming the lad didn't impress, when he was a lively presence and linked up considering he had only a week of training.

Thanks for making me read that drivel. After the game today Kenny has it all to prove and the 20 million man failed to impress, great article
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline Get

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1705 on: July 23, 2011, 08:36:15 pm »
Thanks for making me read that drivel. After the game today Kenny has it all to prove and the 20 million man failed to impress, great article

reading guardian lately I suspect guardian appointed some of the news of the world old employes

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1706 on: July 23, 2011, 08:37:05 pm »

Then he needs to go specsavers and watch the game that everyone else was watching because Henderson was easily the most impressive today and I include Downing, Aquilani and Adam in that.

Offline Get

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1707 on: July 23, 2011, 08:40:50 pm »
Then he needs to go specsavers and watch the game that everyone else was watching because Henderson was easily the most impressive today and I include Downing, Aquilani and Adam in that.

Spot on

his awerness what is going on around him is excellent, and what I love the most about him is his inteligent movment and usage of both feet, long short pass ability and vision. He will be a world beater if he continues in the same direction

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #1708 on: July 23, 2011, 08:43:47 pm »
can't really judge him from a friendly...

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #1709 on: July 23, 2011, 08:44:09 pm »
He looks like a Liverpool player.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1710 on: July 23, 2011, 08:44:56 pm »
Spot on

his awerness what is going on around him is excellent, and what I love the most about him is his inteligent movment and usage of both feet, long short pass ability and vision. He will be a world beater if he continues in the same direction

The thing that impressed me the most was how much he wanted the ball, and not only did he want it, he wanted to do something with it from a dangerous position.

He drifted out wide on both sides and allowed Downing and Kuyt to push upfront more next to Carroll and then looked for the simple, yet most dangerous pass.

Can't wait to see the lad starting next to Aquilani/Gerrard as I think he'll prove to be a top quality buy with his awareness.

The only flaw I can see in his game is that he wants to get forward a bit to early/late, his timing on when to make a run is off a little but that will develop as he gets older.

Cracking prospect and one that could easily slot into the first team.

Offline Maria de Montserrat

• Main Stander
« Reply #1711 on: July 23, 2011, 10:43:36 pm »
Saw a glimpse today as to how we're going to set up.

4-3-3.

That is only one of the possible formations next season. This team is still best equipped for the 4-2-3-1 formation. In that formation, I would really like to see Henderson on the right.

Offline shanks_legend

• Anny Roader
  • Whopper/Beaut of the highest order
« Reply #1712 on: July 23, 2011, 10:47:44 pm »
looked class today. Busy player with two good feet and intelligent movement.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
« Reply #1713 on: July 24, 2011, 12:00:09 am »
Thought he looked good today, comfortable on the ball with a good eye for the pass. Could be a class act this kid.
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1714 on: July 24, 2011, 12:06:40 am »

Henderson could score 15 goals and get 20 assists this season, and I'm convinced the papers would still call him a failed signing. I'm beginning to realize that LFC beats Barack Obama in at least one respect; Obama's got Matt Drudge and Fox News, but LFC has the entire god damned British media.

Offline danny boy the red

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
  • Were going to Wembley!!!
« Reply #1715 on: July 24, 2011, 12:25:11 am »
Henderson could score 15 goals and get 20 assists this season, and I'm convinced the papers would still call him a failed signing. I'm beginning to realize that LFC beats Barack Obama in at least one respect; Obama's got Matt Drudge and Fox News, but LFC has the entire god damned British media.

Shit isn't it.

Apparently we were robbed for  the 16 mil for Henderson and the 18 odd we paid for Downing, but Man U did wonderful business with nearly 20 mil for Jones and 16 mil for Young in the last year of his contract.
http://twitter.com/thebig_sam

"Excited about working with young Ravel Morrison, but he comes with a list of "dead important" instructions. He's like a fucking Gremlin.

The first three? Don't let him near fireworks; Don't let him drink rum; Don't let him carry a sword. Fucking hell"

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1716 on: July 24, 2011, 12:34:57 am »
He looks like a Liverpool player.

Oh no he didn't...

He was wearing a blue kit, does that sound like a Liverpool player to you?  ;)
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Borninbethlehem

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1717 on: July 24, 2011, 12:40:38 am »
Henderson is going to be one of those players that is going to make alot of people say, "Jeez, I thought the guy was an average player when we signed him, but in fact he's extremely good - especially for a 20 year old."

I for one think he is going to be an excellent player with a few more years of experience - and then he will be only 23 then and still a few years off his peak. This lad has a massive future.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #1718 on: July 24, 2011, 12:42:59 am »
Oh no he didn't...

He was wearing a blue kit, does that sound like a Liverpool player to you?  ;)

youre obviously colourblind ;) it was a white kit!
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1719 on: July 24, 2011, 01:13:15 am »
Probably best to sell him now while his stock is high - he had a good half but really, that's all he's done so far. I mean, he's not a teenager anymore and he might not fit in with FSG's age policy. He's only managed one game for us and he didn't even manage a full 90, he was coming over for water after bit, he can't even look after himself. Plus, with him being a mackem it's best to avoid any trouble with Carroll, with him being a geordie and all that. Best of luck in the future Hendo!