Author Topic: Man Utd vs Liverpool-In Game Commentary & Post game shite...  (Read 149439 times)

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
Re: Man Utd vs Liverpool-In Game Commentary
« Reply #160 on: September 19, 2010, 03:14:32 pm »
We've been sat back for the past 10 minutes, and Carragher just can't beat berbatov, and its easy.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #161 on: September 19, 2010, 03:14:53 pm »
Always coming that.... Berbatov 3 - 2 Liverpool

Cross from Nani (again!)...Carra beaten to the header..Berbatov got high above Carra and Roy looks despondent...
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #162 on: September 19, 2010, 03:15:21 pm »
I said only 5 minutes ago, it was coming, we just didn't push out, we were playing every man behind the ball, and it was so easy, why are we doing it to ourselves. Poor again

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: September 19, 2010, 03:15:24 pm »
We've been sat back for the past 10 minutes, and Carragher just can't beat berbatov, and its easy.

Agreed. We "invited" the cross and also danger back on ourselves yet again!
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #164 on: September 19, 2010, 03:15:48 pm »
Dirk Kuyt, in directors' box, getting a lot of abuse from #MUFC fans for celebrating #LFC equaliser. Doesn't look too concerned - Oli Kay on twitter

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: September 19, 2010, 03:16:27 pm »
What can Jova do for us....Nani down with cramp in our half..and is asking to come off...but he really is looking to kill off more time.

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #166 on: September 19, 2010, 03:16:51 pm »
Has to be Lucas next to capitilise on this pressure.

Didn't think we could get back in this SO FAST!  David Ngog brilliant substitute pulling defenders away from Torres.

Wow I thought it was game over at 60 minutes. Can we have more of this please Liverpool in league games?

Gerrard = Class.

lets drive it home boys 2-3 victory to the Redmen!

Well it didn't go quite like that did it boys

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: September 19, 2010, 03:17:04 pm »
Dirk Kuyt, in directors' box, getting a lot of abuse from #MUFC fans for celebrating #LFC equaliser. Doesn't look too concerned - Oli Kay on twitter

What else can you expect from the Mancs...

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #168 on: September 19, 2010, 03:17:18 pm »
What can Jova do for us....Nani down with cramp in our half..and is asking to come off...but he really is looking to kill off more time.

Got to agree, for me Roy has bottled it. Should have been Lucas or Babel. Instead he tells the players to sit back, invite the pressure, and it was always going to be 3-2

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: September 19, 2010, 03:18:30 pm »
Redmachine comments: "What scares me now is Hodgson will think we have only been  "just" beaten and somehow his terrible tactics and gameplan are justified. We have been comprehensively outplayed and outthought today. Manager included."

What I would like to add to that is how BADLY Roy got it wrong today. It could very well have been curtains by half time...he is lucky it is even this close...score wise...VERY LUCKY. We have been for but 15 minutes appalling.

If only O'Shea was sent off for that clear cut red card offence..things might have gone differently...

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #170 on: September 19, 2010, 03:19:28 pm »
Redmachine comments: "What scares me now is Hodgson will think we have only been  "just" beaten and somehow his terrible tactics and gameplan are justified. We have been comprehensively outplayed and outthought today. Manager included."

What I would like to add to that is how BADLY Roy got it wrong today. It could very well have been curtains by half time...he is lucky it is even this close...score wise...VERY LUCKY. We have been for but 15 minutes appalling.

Got to agree with all of that. For me Roy is a poor manager, and so far this season, I've seen nothing to suggest anything but. His tactics today have been shocking. The players even look confused

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: September 19, 2010, 03:20:23 pm »
EMELYNEVERMORE comments:

"Hey,

Did you see the kick Scholes gave to Poulsen after the Dane blocked off his run a few minutes back?  Right behind Howard Webb, who turned around and gave Scholes a ticking-off but nothing more.

If anyone watches the match again, you'll see it in the bottom left corner of the screen in our half around the 78-79 minute mark.  Unbelievable."

Will watch out for it when I watch this match again tommorow...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 03:32:45 pm by Mad Men »

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #172 on: September 19, 2010, 03:20:26 pm »
We didn't deserve anything today. United deserve the win. We have offered next to nothing. I don't think it was the players fault today, I really don't. Tactically, Positionally its all been wrong

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #173 on: September 19, 2010, 03:21:02 pm »
91 mins: And we're just watching the game coming to a close

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2010, 03:22:01 pm »
Maybe not, but they restored our pride in this second half - something I wasn't expecting. The crosses into the box all game long have killed us ultimately.

Got to disagree with that, think we shouldn't have invited so much pressure on ourselves, ultimately we shouldn't have let it get to the crossing stage as often as we have

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #175 on: September 19, 2010, 03:22:27 pm »
Sammy lee doing the screaming whilst Roy sits down

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2010, 03:23:38 pm »
93 mins: Free kick United, and this surely has to be it for United, they'll happily take this, and they deserve it really, Rooney chance to make it 4 perhaps, he just holds the ball up, wastes a bit more time, and Anderson finds rooney, and Anderson, free kick and that will be the final chance

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2010, 03:25:18 pm »
Full time: What can I say, we may have got 2 goals, but United deserved that win. Tactically, Positionally, all of it was wrong. Hodgson has done nothing for me this far to suggest he warrents to be at Liverpool football club. And I am taking that view after the first few games. In the Premier League we looked baffled and lost. Against Steaua, we didn't look set up right until the 2nd half. Manchester United 3 - 2 Liverpool

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2010, 03:26:20 pm »
Our two goals masked the fact that we were shite and deserved to be beaten.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2010, 03:26:30 pm »
Like to thank madmen for helping me. I didn't realise I was doing commentary today, so hope it was okay for everybody following.

Man of the Match: Raul: Looked class for us at times, he has good movement, and I think he can become a really good player here.

Hodgson got things badly wrong today

Offline bakstabba

• Lord, what fools these mortals be!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man Utd vs Liverpool-In Game Commentary & Post game shite...
« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2010, 03:26:36 pm »
Decent Second Half, but we were just inviting a lot of pressure by giving them too much space and time. Meireles looks like a good buy, and Konchesky was decent. I can't help but complain about Carra, got well beat in the air to concede the third goal
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 03:28:16 pm by bakstabba »
Socrates did have a habit of polarising opinion, as does Lucas. Lucas is also good at hemming opponents in and locking them into difficult situations.

Offline hiphopdj

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: September 19, 2010, 03:26:41 pm »
We went for a draw got it back from 2.0 to 2.2 and then sat back againg we should have went in for the kill after the second goal
For those of you watching in blue and white this is what a european cup looks like.

Offline Borninbethlehem

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #182 on: September 19, 2010, 03:26:45 pm »
A bit of a blah performance. Some really poor defending today.

Offline redmachine

• Legacy Fan
  • Y N W A
« Reply #183 on: September 19, 2010, 03:26:50 pm »
The comeback made me feel great, it was nice to feel pumped about football for a change.

The tactical set up is a fucking joke though. All we actually need is Fulham kits and Roy has a carbon copy. He needs to watch a few DVDs, read some books, learn about expectations. The entire fanbase will be after him by Christmas if we go into game like this.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: September 19, 2010, 03:26:51 pm »
Fuck sake.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #185 on: September 19, 2010, 03:26:53 pm »
Awful tactics for an hour, good tactics and play for 5 minutes, then another half hour of pressure-inviting shite

Offline Harry_Wong

• RAWK Security Consultant. a right burka
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red in the Head
« Reply #186 on: September 19, 2010, 03:26:53 pm »
2nd Half
No changes. There were some to be made if Hodgson had any ideas. Switch Meireles and Gerrard, bring on Lucas for Poulsen.  Pattern of the 1st half again, Cole and Johnson fail to link in attack, Man Utd back on the attack.  Torres out-battled in the channel, looking frustrated.

Earle talking about getting Meireles on the ball a couple of times, and the need to hold the ball up in attack so others can join.  He's right.  Deflection on Fletcher's shot (under no pressure),almost drops into Berbatov's lap as both him and Reina seemed to hesitate. 

Liverpool harmless in possession, Nani almost puts Man Utd 2 up belting his shot off the bar (from the left-back position).  Konchesky is tucking back into the 6 yrd box, like a centre back on the front post.  Another cross from that left-back position by Nani falls onto Berbatov's knee, and he manages to kick it overhead and in off the bar.   2-0 is a fair reflection on the game so far.

Yet another cross from left-back by Nani is a open offer to any Man Utd attacker if they'd made a run.  Defence play it back across the goal for Gerrrard to clear from the 6 yrd line.

Sub of Maxi (anonymous) for Ngog on 62', changes the shape to 4-4-1-1 (??)  Maybe Man Utd were wondering too because out of the blue, Torres is played in by Gerrard/Meireles?? to suck Evans into conceding a penalty. Webb thought about that for a while.  Gerrard takes it and scores to the right. Out of the blue really, the pass was good and Torres made it.   Or was it Hodgson's change?

Nani gets' a late block of Poulsen, first physical challenge I've seen from him.  Webb gives the free-kick minutes later. Nani then goes past Cole and Konchesky for yet another cross.

Another angled ball from midfield see's Torres pulled down by O'Shea, Webb's chooses yellow. Meireles distracts Fletcher on the end of the wall and Gerrard plays the ball through the gap.  2-1 on 70' is very flattering. Maybe credit to Hodgson's work on set-pieces?

Now Liverpool knocking the ball around with more purpose and confidence. Man Utd rattled, understandably. 

Liverpool drop off again, Reina clears into the other half and Man Utd look to build a way back. Ngog is playing deeper, nicks the ball as Man Utd's passing in midfield is a lot less certain now. Hodgson prepares to bring on Jova, and Gerrard clears in front of the defence.  Johnson does the right thing, slowing the game down in attacking possession. Meireles replaced by Jova. Earle suggests Cole goes to the right, Jova on the left.  Gerrard and Poulsen digging in, Poulsen leaves another late block on Scholes this time, it must be a favourite move.

80':
Manchester United    Liverpool
18(4)    Shots (on Goal)   8(2)
14    Fouls   8
6    Corner Kicks    1
2    Offsides   1
47%    Time of Possession   53%
4    Yellow Cards   1
0    Red Cards    0
0    Saves   2

Liverpool dropping deep under pressure. 80' Konchesky replaced by Agger, Giggs replaced by Marcheda. Earle says a 4 pronged attack.  I'm thinking Chelsea must be laughing.

Nani hoping for a penalty in the box, and the defending has been physical.  Another cross from the left back position by O'Shea gives Berbatov the chance to beat Carra and put Man Utd back in the lead on 83'.  Roy Hodgson isn't laughing.

Liverpool unable to hold on to possession to put Man Utd under any pressure.  Gerrard gives away a free-kick in the last seconds of injury time, Man Utd get the win they deserved, Berbatov the star with a hat-trick. 

FT:
Manchester United    Liverpool
19(5)    Shots (on Goal)    8(2)
15    Fouls    11
6    Corner Kicks    1
2    Offsides    1
50%    Time of Possession    51%
4    Yellow Cards    1
0    Red Cards    0
0    Saves    2

Both sides with poor defences, Chelsea won't be too worried.  Liverpool should be, 16th in the league and goal difference of -3.

Bill Shankly invites reporters into the changing room to meet his new captain, Ron Yeats:
"I've just signed a colossus. Come in and walk round him…"
1961-71: Promoted 1st season, 2 Championships, 1 FA Cup

Offline LSURED20

• Anny Roader
  • Founding member of the John Henry fan club
« Reply #187 on: September 19, 2010, 03:26:55 pm »
Two moments of stupidity by United defenders= Liverpool's entire offensive output. Shocking. This one hurts. I know it's not an easy place to go get a result, but when everything is wrong from the start it just makes me sick inside

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #188 on: September 19, 2010, 03:27:00 pm »
Least we put up a fight second half.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• 80 kgs benchpressed, but are we impressed?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: September 19, 2010, 03:27:07 pm »
We are fulham in red.

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #190 on: September 19, 2010, 03:27:07 pm »
So much harder to take the way we got back into it, no idea why Jovanovic came on for Meireles.  Completely gutted.
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline oregonred

• Main Stander
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #191 on: September 19, 2010, 03:27:11 pm »
if anyone finds Liverpool's number 10, J. Cole, please return him to melwood training ground.

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: September 19, 2010, 03:27:15 pm »
Second rate preformance through out. Maxi should not play the next game from the start. Cole was quiet.

Offline Skagen

• Hard for Hodgson
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: September 19, 2010, 03:27:23 pm »
What a rollercoster of a game... so low, so high, so low.... ugh
“A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.”

Offline daveonthespionkop1900

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #194 on: September 19, 2010, 03:27:35 pm »
i thought we were going to get something out of that - gutted! at least we won the second half!
walk on...walk on...

Pheeny

« Reply #195 on: September 19, 2010, 03:27:43 pm »
wank is all I can think of to be truthful.Got what we went out for.

Offline CookThePanda

• Main Stander
  • This year is our year!
« Reply #196 on: September 19, 2010, 03:27:45 pm »
Terrible. 3-2 flattered us.
Did you know that Football was designed to be a perfect human sport? Where none suffered, where everyone would be happy. It was a disaster. No one would accept the rules. Some believed FIFA lacked the knowledge to describe our perfect sport. But I believe that, as a species, human beings define football through suffering and misery

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #197 on: September 19, 2010, 03:27:46 pm »
flattered by a 3-2 scoreline. we somehow managed to get it level and then completely sat back waiting for the united winner.

another clueless, directionless display. 5th from bottom - says it all.

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: September 19, 2010, 03:27:48 pm »
Two moments of stupidity by United defenders= Liverpool's entire offensive output. Shocking. This one hurts. I know it's not an easy place to go get a result, but when everything is wrong from the start it just makes me sick inside

Yep.

Man Utd looked like they'd score every time they went forward, so no surprise we couldn't hold on at 2-2.

I never thought i'd say this, but if that game ended 2-2, Man Utd would have been very hard done by.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: September 19, 2010, 03:27:48 pm »
Shite tactics, shite performance, two goals from set pieces got us back in, and then more shite tactics lost us the game.